Battle Spot Triples

I believe the mods are planning to make specific viability ranking threads for each format, including triples. However, they are staggering when they are being made in order to allow us to focus on each format in turn. So, triples is coming! :)
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Hopefully a thread's made soon. I'm looking forward to it.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, if we're being honest here I think viability rankings for triples are far off until the forum gets more activity (which is increasing, no worries).

However you guys should feel free to discuss and debate what is good/not good (and most importantly, why) in this thread. There isn't much difference between that and viability rankings except there won't be any decisions, just discussions.

Hi guys, if we're being honest here I think viability rankings for triples are far off until the forum gets more activity (which is increasing, no worries).

However you guys should feel free to discuss and debate what is good/not good (and most importantly, why) in this thread. There isn't much difference between that and viability rankings except there won't be any decisions, just discussions.
That's fair enough.

I'll try to promote some discussion with a common core I've been playing around with that's really good.
Hitmontop and Sylveon.

I think anyone who's played a handful of triples is familiar with both these mons, if you aren't than you definitely should get familiar with them. They're insanely good and actually work really well together imo. Fairy is an incredible typing offensively and defensively. Being able to spam a fairy spread move is so good. Hitmontop compliments Sylveon really nicely. It has Intimidate to help Sylveon's less than ideal physical bulk, sylv is pretty slow so it appreciates fake out support to deal with faster threats. And feint support is the real icing on the cake. This makes the duo so powerful. Wide Guard is incredibly common and one of the best ways to deal with Hyper Voice spam so feint helps out so much and makes Sylveon incredibly scary. And lastly, hitmontop can deal with Steel types, ya know besides aegi, that resist Hyper Voice to some extent with CC.

There are a handful of third partners that fit well with this core too. I usually like to run something that really takes a shit on steel types. Lando-T is a really good one of course, having Intimidate support as well. Zard Y is really great too but you have to watch out for heatran more. Talonflame is very good as well, but also has problems with tran. Talonflame is really great though because it provides Tailwind support and even snatch. Sylveon is really damn good in tailwind and snatch helps out against opposing wide guard users similar to feint from Hitmontop. My personal favorite mon to pair with these with is Hydreigon, maybe not the best, but it has Earth Power for Heatran and Dark Pulse for Aegi, and it hits incredibly hard.

I think this is probably one of, if not the most powerful core in triples right now. Only behind perish trap and (maybe)rain. These mons are incredibly good, very common and EVERY triples team needs to be prepared to face this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)