Bleach Discussion Thread

Meh, I lost interest when they killed off Yamamoto, if you have to kill off your strongest character just to advance the story back to Ichigo, bleh...

That being said, it's also lame the author never had anyone face him one-on-one with full powers for a contest of strength, both major villains (Aizen and Bach) had to use methods to seal off his shikai/bankai just to do anything.

If anything, I'm more interested in why Aizen would bother messing with Bach's perception of time, please don't tell me there's gonna be some lameo redemption crap...

This has actually been planned. Back a while ago when Aizen was talking about Ichigo and his past he said that he picked out Ichigo for his business because he was the offspring of a soul reaper and a- (cut off when isshiin arrived). So this does seem to be one part of the manga Kubo actually planned.
the actual translation for that was
"you're the offspring of a human and a --"

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Still liking Bleach. Maybe I'm an outlier, but I'm a sucker for stories involving swords (I blame Zelda).

While I do agree that FKT arc lasted too long (and Aizen power up was ugh) and Fullbring arc left too many questions on the table, the 1000 Year Blood War arc (current one) is pretty satisfying. Surprised at many of the deaths so far...

But TK, wtf!!!! You pretty much set it up that Byakuya died and yet, he still alive?!?!?

turns out it's pretty hard to die in Bleach unless your body is completely obliterated into dust. That one Vizard got cut in half and lived so it's not too surprising

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Still liking Bleach. Maybe I'm an outlier, but I'm a sucker for stories involving swords (I blame Zelda).

While I do agree that FKT arc lasted too long (and Aizen power up was ugh) and Fullbring arc left too many questions on the table, the 1000 Year Blood War arc (current one) is pretty satisfying. Surprised at many of the deaths so far...

But TK, wtf!!!! You pretty much set it up that Byakuya died and yet, he still alive?!?!?
There's been many deaths in Bleach?

I guess it's because the presence of advance healing techniques? Still it's a bit ridiculous.
Well considering both Orihime and Hachioji have techniques that transcend the normal boundaries to remake anything (essentially bring anything back to life) that's probably why they had to "obliterate" Yamamoto so he was beyond even being resurected in that manner.

Still waiting for 0 division to show, not to mention why is it that Bach can only spend so much time out of whatever area anyways?

I really need to get caught up on the anime..was like mid Aizen arc..

Hell, i don't even remember what episode # i was on.

Can someone give me the low down on what this anime is about, specifically what is currently running on adult swim? Every time I watch it just become extremely confused about what is going on even, though I can tell if I understood what was going on, it would be fantastic.

the main problem with bleach is that the first 60ish episodes of the anime are awesome, and then the main arc story quality drops quite a bit after that. Compared to, say, One Piece, which starts a bit slow but is consistently great for pretty much the entire series.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
is anyone else really mad that zaraki got beat by fake bach without breaking a sweat?

that was the dumbest shit ever

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
is anyone else really mad that zaraki got beat by fake bach without breaking a sweat?

that was the dumbest shit ever
You know, I thought of that. I actually believe Zaraki faced the real Bach and when Bach sensed Yama coming over, he switched places with Royd (aka fake Bach).

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
@rj - that sounds like wishful thinking tbh. i don't think he would have had time to switch considering yamamoto showed up while zaraki was still being choked by "bach", nor was there any evidence of a switch (not to mention kubo doesn't bother making sense anymore so...)

also pk thats a given--he was the black guy after all.

one of the only permanent deaths in bleach was tousen

LOL
there are a ton of permanent deaths in bleach, the issue is that it's solely bad guys dying. yama and his leutenant's (forgot his name) death are pretty much the only "good guy" deaths in the entire series iirc, and they only came in the final arc

religiousjedi

Old man.
there are a ton of permanent deaths in bleach, the issue is that it's solely bad guys dying. yama and his leutenant's (forgot his name) death are pretty much the only "good guy" deaths in the entire series iirc, and they only came in the final arc
Well...Izuru has a massive hole and we haven't heard anything about him yet...

*remembers earlier posts*

Oh.

I'm also annoyed Kenpachi got beat by fake Bach as well, I mean considering he was the only one besides Yamamoto to kill off any of the invading quincy, it's a bit shameful he was beat even assuming he took off the eyepatch. Then again, who knows, maybe he was low on energy or whatever when he finally made it to fake Bach, he has tremendous reiatsu but even he can be wore down.

So, likely shinigami will find a way to protect bankais from being stolen (as they would have been more than an even match in most of those fights with bankai) and they'll go off back to winning with ichigo defeating the big bad eventually. Think that about sums it up...

Mayuri's bankai can't be stolen- remember when Szayelaporro tried?
Maybe he'll just share that technology with everybody else

religiousjedi

Old man.
So...

-Ichigo's zanpakto can't be fixed. Mayuri talks about Bankai being wreaked, mentions Komamura's, Ikkaku (oops!), and Renji's being different.
-Dat Kon. :l
-Huh, so falling wall protects something in the sky.
-Zero Squad. People hoping Hikifune is the second person on the right (because the woman on the left looks like a Omeda relative).

Ichigo will be an exception as well, no was his Bankai is gone.
The panels with Kon were basically just filling space and were not even funny.
Zero squad looks interesting, but now the captains seem to be even more fodder. At least they don't look like Aizen clones.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ichigo will be an exception as well, no was his Bankai is gone.
Quincy training sequence Quincy training sequence Quincy training sequence lets do this. He'll probably get it back, but not after he's forced to become a certified Quincy. Anyone know if his hollow powers are still around? Hollow Ichigo and Zangetsu were fused in the inner world last we saw cause they are both sources of power, but we haven't seen his mask in ages. Having Hollow, Quincy, and Shinigami powers at the same time would be sick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)