Bleach Discussion Thread

So, I guess my question is, Aizen did hint somewhat that he was behind Ichigo's creation as well...and for that matter, people in soul society...are they even capable of reproducing? I mean, a ghost humping a quincy is kinda...odd...or is that way overthinking it?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So, I guess my question is, Aizen did hint somewhat that he was behind Ichigo's creation as well...and for that matter, people in soul society...are they even capable of reproducing? I mean, a ghost humping a quincy is kinda...odd...or is that way overthinking it?
Hmm, it looks like the last page of today's chapter lends credence to that first statement...

Ryuken: just like his son: stubborn. Masaki is giving me the Orihime vibes now...

jrp

Banned deucer.
I'm liking how the hollow at the very end looks like Ichigo's hollow form

interesting development

unless masaki is a really shitty quincy, how did she die to grand fisher? it seems more likely that that hollow figure is what really killed her, since it seems very powerful and would definitely explain why ichigo's hollow form looks so similar - but it's already been established that she died at the hands of grand fisher, so i'm confused

hahahaha koko sucks

I guess it's kind of an interesting chapter. Pretty shit foreshadowing with the rain though
"Rain means bad things!" Oook...

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
unless masaki is a really shitty quincy, how did she die to grand fisher? it seems more likely that that hollow figure is what really killed her, since it seems very powerful and would definitely explain why ichigo's hollow form looks so similar - but it's already been established that she died at the hands of grand fisher, so i'm confused
cant aizen hypnotize everyone to think she died to fisher when she actually died to that vasto lorde? (in order to keep suspicions low on what was actually happening)

That or like someone suggested when I asked about Masaki, she could have used her final form and expended her powers rendering her powerless against the Grand Fisher later...though meh, who really knows...

So, I like the chapter overall, but maybe since it's because Naruto has done it to death that I don't like the whole Ichigo/uruyyu/orohimi = isshen/Quincy dad/Masaki angle, really beginning to hate how they use parallels, though again maybe that's because I read Naruto also and they've done the crappy Naruto/sasuke bromance to death with just about every character...

Looks like a Vasto Lorde at the end, it is rather humanoid after all, which generally they only take a form of in natural hollow evolution. Guess we'll see in 2 weeks >.>

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you think the textbook statement in Bleach about how Vasto Lordes are stronger than captains, as mentioned by Hitsugaya, was derived from this incident involving Isshin and the supposed Vasto Lorde seen in the last page? Also, how do you think this will all be played out?

I personally think the statement regarding Fullbringers "that they each have a parent who survived a Hollow attack before they were born" (Bleach Ch. 433, pp. 10 - 11) suddenly has a lot more justification given the circumstances presented in this chapter and the more recent chapters (i.e. the ones after Nimaiya knocked Ichigo back into the human world). Also, I think the Vasto Lorde will have some connection to Aizen and his cronies, especially after seeing what he says at the end of 529 ("Our Hollowfication experiments will lure them out sooner or later. We'll just sit patiently by... Everything is proceeding accordingly..."), somehow justifying his statement about how he knew about Ichigo.

Pardon me if this post just seemed like rambling. I just had to get my thoughts out there. Also, compare this to this. There has to be a connection between the two.

EDIT: Proposing that this series of chapters that cover Isshin's flashback be called the Everything But the Rain mini-arc.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Do you think the textbook statement in Bleach about how Vasto Lordes are stronger than captains, as mentioned by Hitsugaya, was derived from this incident involving Isshin and the supposed Vasto Lorde seen in the last page? Also, how do you think this will all be played out?
I think that was a general statement about Vasto Lordes. Dont' forget that at the very least, Espadas 1-4 were vasto lorde, and they were defeated by captain-rank shinigami.

Also didn't ginjou say that the mother had to be attacked by a hollow whilst pregnant?

I think that was a general statement about Vasto Lordes. Dont' forget that at the very least, Espadas 1-4 were vasto lorde, and they were defeated by captain-rank shinigami.

Also didn't ginjou say that the mother had to be attacked by a hollow whilst pregnant?
Ulquiorra wasn't a vasto lorde, in fact I think technically only Harribel was confirmed as one before, though it's pretty safe to assume Baraggan and Stark were, Baraggan ruling over a large part (if not all) of Hueco Mundo and Stark being extremely powerful, even after he split himself. And don't forget Espada go from 0-9, though I don't think anyone would consider Yammy a vasto lorde by any measure...

And if captains are any reflection, vasto lorde vary in strength likely as well (look at Kenpachi being able to easily kick Tosen and Komamura's butts), perhaps Aizen only found some of the "weaker" ones out there that he recruited to his arrancar army. Though that would have to be the case if you consider the insane power creep that happens with each arc...otherwise outside of potential top espada, a natural vasto lorde has yet to make an appearance.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Ulquiorra wasn't a vasto lorde, in fact I think technically only Harribel was confirmed as one before, though it's pretty safe to assume Baraggan and Stark were, Baraggan ruling over a large part (if not all) of Hueco Mundo and Stark being extremely powerful, even after he split himself. And don't forget Espada go from 0-9, though I don't think anyone would consider Yammy a vasto lorde by any measure...

And if captains are any reflection, vasto lorde vary in strength likely as well (look at Kenpachi being able to easily kick Tosen and Komamura's butts), perhaps Aizen only found some of the "weaker" ones out there that he recruited to his arrancar army. Though that would have to be the case if you consider the insane power creep that happens with each arc...otherwise outside of potential top espada, a natural vasto lorde has yet to make an appearance.
wasn't Ulquiorra confirmed to be one? you'd think that the only hollow that could attain Segunda Etapa (and as such was likely the strongest hollow when in that form) would have been a lorde.

Also wasn't Neliel a vasto lorde or am I just remembering wrong

jrp

Banned deucer.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v22/c197/17.html

there's a silhouette of a vasto lorde (really crappy translation though) and while it initially resembles ulquiorra there's always the possibility it refers to the hollow shown in the most recent chapter

It's too similar to Ulquiorra. the horns aren't right either. the hollow hole is in the same spot too.

Actually the hollow at the end of this looks like Ichigo's hollow :|

wasn't Ulquiorra confirmed to be one? you'd think that the only hollow that could attain Segunda Etapa (and as such was likely the strongest hollow when in that form) would have been a lorde.

Also wasn't Neliel a vasto lorde or am I just remembering wrong
Not necessarily, there are so many ridiculous numbers of transformations you can achieve in Bleach, I don't think it's indicative personally, he was just able to do it twice (and extend his battle with Ichigo for another several chapters). Otherwise, why didn't any of the higher ranked ones have one? Going off what little they have revealed about vasto lorde, the only suggestion he is one is that he has a more humanoid form when resurrected, unlike the more animal/primal ones of 5 and lower since they were just adjuchas and 1 gillian.

As for the one link picture, I always just thought that was the general...I dunno, vasto lorde shadow picture? Though seeing how Shinji was planned for an appearance since day 1, could be whatever one Isshin is now against.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think it is pretty obvious the hollow silhouettes on the page Jebus McAzn posted are the same as the ones on page 19... that is to say Ulquiorra and Yammy.

It's too similar to Ulquiorra. the horns aren't right either. the hollow hole is in the same spot too.

Actually the hollow at the end of this looks like Ichigo's hollow :|
that's what i was thinking too

in either case it helps settle the argument; either it confirms that ulquiorra was probably a vasto lorde or that the new hollow thing is a vasto lorde

i'm still confused about the whole grand fisher deal though

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Didn't the UNMASKED book give a small comic that shows Ulquiorra's backstory? He definitely looked like a Vasto Lorde in that short comic. Also, I think Espada 1-4 (i.e. Starrk, Baraggan, Harribel, Ulquiorra) were all Vasto Lorde. Baraggan and Starrk gave their opponents difficult times (Starrk especially, considering he took on two pairs of captains (Kyōraku and Ukitake; Love and Rose)), and Harribel didn't do too badly against Hitsugaya. I surely don't need to talk about Ulquiorra to any of you. Their backstories (as hollows) also give them a rather humanoid appearance.

Also, Nelliel might have been an Adjuchas, given her Resurrección's appearance.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Didn't the UNMASKED book give a small comic that shows Ulquiorra's backstory? He definitely looked like a Vasto Lorde in that short comic. Also, I think Espada 1-4 (i.e. Starrk, Baraggan, Harribel, Ulquiorra) were all Vasto Lorde. Baraggan and Starrk gave their opponents difficult times (Starrk especially, considering he took on two pairs of captains (Kyōraku and Ukitake; Love and Rose)), and Harribel didn't do too badly against Hitsugaya. I surely don't need to talk about Ulquiorra to any of you. Their backstories (as hollows) also give them a rather humanoid appearance.

wasn't grimmjow supposed to be a vasto lorde? with all of that backstory from his fracciones, you'd think that he would have attained that rank

"you are the only one of us who can become a vasto lorde"

also the way he smashed Opie suggests that he had some untapped power during the Hueco Mundo arc

Considering he didn't force a bankai out of any of the captains Starrk faced, that to me suggests that he still wasn't that strong...Baraggan to me was the most deadly with his ability, and if it weren't for a somewhat desperate gambit, he probably could have killed some at the least. Harribel, well we saw how weak she was.

And Grimjow was pure adjuchas, that comment was made only because he never had a piece of him eaten, which stops anymore growth for a hollow.

Since when were you under the impression that Aizen planned this? :3

It's completely obvious that Aizen is winging it, no doubt about it. 9_9

I'm interested in when Ryuken said to prepare the reishi armour.... I wonder what that's gonna be....

So all I'm wondering really still is Uryu and Ichigo's parentage...does that mean Uryu isn't a pure blood quincy? And for Ichigo, I still have doubts on the shingami impregnating a living quincy, though who knows...

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ichigo and uryuu are half siblings through misaki, and also rikudo sage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)