Tournament BLT II: Group Stages Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Now that some games have been played, it is time for an update!

Volcs lead 5-1 with an Ubers game left. They have 12 wins total.

Jirachis lead 4-1 with a UU and Ubers game left. Jirachis have 10 wins total, Linda's have 10.

Volcs clinched because there is no possible scenario where both Lindas and Jirachis both get 12 or more wins.

Jirachis clinch IF:

They win one more game and Vapo makes the second tiebreaker H2H

Lindas clinch IF

They win out.

No pressure!

Edit: rip Lindas :(

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Thank you everyone for getting your matches done! The two teams that will move on to the semifinals from the black group are the Canalave Cobalions and the Celestic Celebis. However, in the white group the Vermillion Volcaronas, Fletchinder Eterna, and Jubilife Jirachis all have the same score with 6 points each. Out of these three teams, the Vermillion Volcaronas have the highest amount of total wins during the three week group stage with 13, so they will be moving on to the semifinals. Fletchinder Eterna and Jubilife Jirachis both have 11 total wins, so there will be a tiebreaker round to determine which team goes to the semifinals.

I think the suggestion metaphysical made is the best way to go about this. To reiterate, there will be a smaller series between Fletchinder Eterna and Jubilife Jirachis, consisting of three matches in three different tiers. ORAS OU is guaranteed, and each team gets to nominate a tier of their own and are pitted against each other in a best of three. For example, Fletchinder Eterna could nominate UU, and Jubilife Jirachis could nominate RU, and the series would look like:

Fletchinder Eterna vs Jubilife Jirachis
OU: Hairy Toenail vs Genesis7
UU: Pak vs Kreme
RU: naruto(sage) vs soTsoT
With the winner of this series moving on to the semifinals. Tagging managers/assmen anto Shiba Always! Jack Dalton. I'd like to give everyone enough time to schedule matches, so the deadline will be Sunday, November 8th at 5:00pm EST (GMT-5), which will also be the start of the semifinals of BLT. Let me know which tiers you decide on before starting matches. Teams who have already qualified for the semifinals, use this time to build and test teams so you'll be at the top of your game when the next matchups come out. For teams who did not qualify, I'd like to thank you all for participating and wish you better luck during the next BLT season.

Lol I can just tell this is gonna depend on the OU match anyway. Like each team chooses a strong player for a tiebreak (level 56 ubers) and let's not lie it's gonna be soTsoT for RU. But I still look forward to the matches :)

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Forgot to mention this earlier, but for the tie breakers, the recent tier drops are not in effect. Also, subs cannot be played in the tie breaker. If your player in a certain tier cannot play for any reason, you have to pick a different tier with a player that can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)