Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a problem with the accuracy of moves in Showdown. It was in a Custom Battle with Crucibelle.
Although I had 2 coils up, Gunk shot missed.

And although this might not be related, why does Protean not work when put on Arceus?

Last edited:

iouk

formerly Cucumber God
In the gen2 teambuilder, I made my pokemon female but they still show up as male. This is important to making my team, it's not just a preference.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
In the gen2 teambuilder, I made my pokemon female but they still show up as male. This is important to making my team, it's not just a preference.
Gender is determined by DVs in Gen II, so the teambuilder is probably prioritizing your DV selection.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I had a problem with the accuracy of moves in Showdown. It was in a Custom Battle with Crucibelle.
Although I had 2 coils up, Gunk shot missed.

And although this might not be related, why does Protean not work when put on Arceus?
Since you didn't provide any evidence at all, I'm going to assume the target had Unaware and this isn't a bug.
As for your second question, Arceus can't have its primary type changed by any effect.
To elaborate on the above answer, in Gen 2 gender is determined based on the Attack DV and the gender ratio for the species. The less females there are in a species, the lower the maximum Attack DV for a female is. If you absolutely want to make your Pokemon female, you have to lower your Attack DV since the validator will just change your gender based on the DV instead of warning you about it. The max Attack DV for each gender ratio (F:M) is 1 for 1:7, 3 for 1:3, 7 for 1:1, 11 for 3:1, and 15 for all-female species.

iouk

formerly Cucumber God
To elaborate on the above answer, in Gen 2 gender is determined based on the Attack DV and the gender ratio for the species. The less females there are in a species, the lower the maximum Attack DV for a female is. If you absolutely want to make your Pokemon female, you have to lower your Attack DV since the validator will just change your gender based on the DV instead of warning you about it. The max Attack DV for each gender ratio (F:M) is 1 for 1:7, 3 for 1:3, 7 for 1:1, 11 for 3:1, and 15 for all-female species.
Thanks for that, It is for a pokemon with no attacking moves. :D

I don't know if it's relevant to post this here but this happened to some friends (who doesn't have any smogon account).
When i change ability or any other moove, the message say only "rufflet can't learn brave bird" if you're wondering.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Rufflet learns Brave Bird at level 59, and cannot pass it down or have it passed down by any means as a male-only species (meaning it can't have it below level 59). So if you're trying to do Little Cup, it can't learn BB.

Mechanics for Red/Blue Orb with imposter and illusion (for bh) do not match up in game.
(For imposter)
PS has Primal Groudon/Kyogre transform into the target, copy the moves and stat changes, then primal evo while keeping said stat changes/moves and triggering Desolate Land/Primoridal Sea. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-346448628 (turn 5/6)
(For Illusion)
Illusion in game keeps the pokemon said primal was before primal devoing (is that a word?) So illusion primal Groudon will stay normal Kyogre
If a Groudon/Kyogre in game has imposter, they will not trigger the red/blue orb but instead just transform normally, most likely keeping stat changes.
I will add a video to this later if needed. I currently do not have a decent camera to record these mechanics being incorrect. (I do have a replay saved locally on my ds for when i have a reliable way to record it)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-346448628

There's an exploit in the team uploader: you click on import/export when editing a pokemon's stats, then you mess with the code to make things like level 999 pokemon with 24 moves. Works in custom battle, but I'm not fully sure of the rest so I figured I'd throw this out there so staff knows the exploit is around. If this is intended for special setups, some sort of warning that stuff like this can happen would be good. Being tricked into sending a legit team against level 999s with impossible moves for a curb stomp revenge battle is not nice.

Example of this in action (their team, not mine): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/triplescustomgame-349341239

Sobi

Banned deucer.
There's an exploit in the team uploader: you click on import/export when editing a pokemon's stats, then you mess with the code to make things like level 999 pokemon with 24 moves. Works in custom battle, but I'm not fully sure of the rest so I figured I'd throw this out there so staff knows the exploit is around. If this is intended for special setups, some sort of warning that stuff like this can happen would be good. Being tricked into sending a legit team against level 999s with impossible moves for a curb stomp revenge battle is not nice.

Example of this in action (their team, not mine): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/triplescustomgame-349341239
That is the whole point of custom game - to tweak the game mechanics. People play the tier if they want to test something out, usually for metagames they are planning. Don't worry though; Level 999 Pokemon are only available in custom game, and not in any other tier.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-349382830

Turn 25

Aerodactyl used Earthquake!
It's super effective! The opposing Houndoom lost 56% of its health!

The opposing Houndoom fainted!

dookiee sent out Metagross!
The opposing Metagross is hurt by the spikes!
The sandstorm is raging.
Turn 26

The opposing Metagross used Rock Slide!
It's super effective! Aerodactyl lost 2% of its health!

Aerodactyl fainted!

Go! Swampert!
The sandstorm is raging.

Turn 27
The opposing Metagross used Explosion!
Swampert lost 100% of its health!

The opposing Metagross fainted!

Swampert fainted!

dookiee won the battle!

uhhhhhhhh (i am ultra)

i can confirm i used EQ this turn, and there is no way metagross should be able to outspeed aero, not sure what happened here.

If you check "Ignore Spectators" and/or "Ignore Players" in a battle, and the other player makes them room voices in the battle, then they can spam you with !commands and the results will still appear. Partial screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/2WqAHgk.png (you can see the messages still going through while spectators were being ignored, and then the message saying that spectators are no longer ignored to show that the option was set at the time).

It's hard to provide a replay for this bug since it has to do with the "Ignore Spectators" and "Ignore Players" options, which aren't available in replays. Nonetheless, here's a replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-349849154

I apologize if this has been reported before, and I also apologize that I do not have an accommodating screenshot to go with it for now, but I just found this bug and wanted to tell about it.

Basically, what I'm reporting is that if a Zoroark is sent out, disguised as say, Infernape, then the real Infernape is switched in at a later time, Zoroark and Infernape's known moves will be combined on the status window when you hover over the Infernape's sprite.

Here is an example. My opponent's team consists of this:
Zoroark:
-Shadow Ball
-Nasty Plot
-Focus Blast
-Dark Pulse

Infernape:
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Thunder Punch
-Grass Knot

So let's say my opponent sends out his/her Zoroark disguised as the Infernape, and uses Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball. If the real Infernape comes out a later time, and eventually uses all of its moves in its set, it will show Infernape's know moves as:
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Thunder Punch
-Grass Knot

-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse

As you can see, Infernape's status window would show all of the moves it used (highlighted in Blue), as well as the 2 moves Zoroark used disguised as Infernape (bolded and highlighted in Red). This is clearly wrong, not only because the move limit is obviously 4 and not 6, but Infernape obviously does not have Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse in its moveset, unlike Zoroark.

Currently, this only seems to happen with the opponent's Pokemon, I have no idea if this happens with my own "Opponent sees" status window. I'll see if I can get a screenshot of it later.

Edit: Apparently, this has been reported before, and the response has been something like "It's not a bug because you wouldn't know whether it's a Zoroark under an Illusion or the real one." But, in my experience, this bug happens even after the Zoroark's Illusion has been broken and even after it's fainted.

Edit No.2: So I finally have a picture of the glitch in action... but it's happening to me, instead!

As you can see, When Zoroark was disguised as Manectric, it used both Knock off and Flamethrower, moves of which aren't even in Manectric's moveset. And if you take a look at the battle log, you can see that Zoroark fainted (and also had its Illusion broken) the turn right before Manectric was sent out.

Last edited:

sforz

[22:14] sforz: i love memes
Some sources seem to claim that multi-turn moves like Fly and Sky Drop doesn't get affected by Follow me using replay 7R5W-WWWW-WWWW8-WTMJ as proof.

I don't have my DS right now but im sure someone else can check or if the guy who posted that is just stupid, and lots of people online are stupid. If its true though please fix because right now Sky Drop and other moves get affected by them as is

(edited because I haven't checked the replay myself to see if it's actually valid claim.)

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There's a minor glitch with pursuit. If you KO the mon using Pursuit with U-turn or Volt Switch, you still get the "x is being withdrawn" message.

Here's a replay and I'll paste a log from it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-350147780

Turn 4

The opposing Tornadus used U-turn!
It's super effective! Tyranitar lost 15% of its health!

Tyranitar fainted!

(The opposing Tornadus is being withdrawn!)

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Just found a bug that was brought up in the help chatroom. I clarified this with others who also witnesses the bug. Apologies if this has been mentioned already, and I don't think the OP mentioned this.

Zoroak is sent out -> Switches to Charizard -> The above screenshot is what is shown. I then mega-evolve Charizard. You can also notice that one of my Pokemon (thundurus) is missing.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)