Bull's Eye

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/bullseye.shtml
This item, when attatched to a pokemon, allows the pokemon to damage the opponents regardless of any type immunities. Quoted from Serebii.

My first thought when I read this was "Earthquake Sweep!" But then on the pokemon online server on pokemon online I couldnt hit flying types with earthquake. When I asked everyone on chat, they said that serebii was wrong and it affected the one holding it, so it can get hit by earthquake even if it's a flying type. Can anyone shine some light on this? Otherwise using trick with it should work out well.

Yup, user gets hit by w/e regardless of immunities. After all, you are the one holding the bull's eye.

Uh, yeah. Give it to Rhydon for epic Lightning Rod sp.atk sweep, cuz who doesn't want to try that?

But it's pretty useless.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
You could trick it to an enemy to get rid of immunitys like Iron Ball Metagross last Gen still only good for a questionable Gimmicks.

You could let Starmie trick it on the opposing ghost type to have the unblockable rapid spin everyone was hoping for at the beginning. Of course, that´s only if your opponent has only one ghost.
Still useless, since Starmie is the one spinner(besides Dory) that shouldn´t have any problems beating Ghost types, especially with Rotom-A gone.

How about using switcharoo or whatever its called. You'll waste a move, but at least you're able to hit monz without caring about immunities.

Doesn't work like that!
Trick/Switcheroo onto ghost
Spin the ghost

Am I missing something?

I mean don't get me wrong, it's hell of gimmicky but it's arguably more useful then hitting steel types with poison moves, or dark types with psychic moves.

Trick/Switcheroo onto ghost
Spin the ghost

Am I missing something?

I mean don't get me wrong, it's hell of gimmicky but it's arguably more useful then hitting steel types with poison moves, or dark types with psychic moves.
Yeah, if you waste a moveslot. But that is next to useless in real battle, as spinners like Starmie are already well equipped to deal with ghosts

For some reason, I was sure that this thing also made you always get hit (like the ability No Guard, but just for you), but I guess tricking it is even more not worth the turn, then. It even does pathetic fling damage... What in the world does Game Freak think that we will do with it, I wonder?

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
basically, this is a shitty item.

it has some gimmick use, but it's kinda like tricking iron ball: the effect is good, but it's not good enough to get major usage.

bull's eye is meant for trolling

was fun in a CC match with guanlong when he accidentally had his Banette Trick away my Dodrio's bull's eye, so I just OHKO'd with Thrash.

why would you give dodrio a bull's eye
Ghosts like to use trick, so having it on a normal type is quite good.
But that's like the only use besides awkwardly tricking onto opponents yourself.

I tried using Sableye with this once. I ended up switching it into a Fighting attack I forgot I wasn't immune to anymore. derp.

Yeah, shit item. If it was a consumable item that meant you could bypass immunities just once, that would make it useful - and still outclassed by other items.

I don't get it. Why is it called a "Bull's Eye"? What's a bull?

Does it have anything to do with the species names of Tauros and Bouffalant? Their eyes don't look like this item...

(in-universe comment)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Ghosts like to use trick, so having it on a normal type is quite good.
But that's like the only use besides awkwardly tricking onto opponents yourself.

I tried using Sableye with this once. I ended up switching it into a Fighting attack I forgot I wasn't immune to anymore. derp.

Yeah, shit item. If it was a consumable item that meant you could bypass immunities just once, that would make it useful - and still outclassed by other items.
That would actually be quite helpful. For example, Mence would be able to use Roost in gen IV because no Skarmory troubles.

It definitely isn't "the worst item ever" it's just extremely situational. I've used it a lot in the Battle Subway for Thunder Wave on Ground types which has proved to be very useful. Also keep in mind that when you Trick or Switcheroo a Ring Target to your opponent, not only do they lose immunities based on type, but they also lose their item

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)