CAP 11 CAP 11 - Part 9 - Art Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyverii
darkmattr
Buffalo_Wings
hark
OldManDugan

Note: Even though I know it won't matter, I'd like to point out how ridiculous some of the disqualifications are. The fact that artists with extremely good entries were banned from the poll because of transparency in their images is ridiculous. The worst case, though is the disqualification of SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET because of that tiny glow on the hand of the entry. As far as I'm concerned, that always appeared to be a part of the concept. I mean, mine wasn't banned for being completely made up of a shadow "aura", why should that small aura on his deserve disqualification?

I guess it comes down to the TL's decision, but I still feel it to be extremely unfair to the artists who invested their time in this.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
daquiri

it's a throwback design to RBY, when pokemon design was simple and fun. no need for all these crazy frills.

Buffalo_Wings
Zantimonius
DougJustDoug
aragornbird

and posthumously:
cartoons - the bruise pokemon was fantastic and actually made sense
paras hilton - the closest we will get to an excellent luchador pokemon

Great art once again!

aragornbird
DougJustDoug
Buffalo_Wings
hark

All three of these designs work well with the typing and fit the art style of Pokemon in general, and I watched the evolution of them all on the art thread. All in all though, I think DougJustDoug fits the concept best, and I'll admit it was a little bit of a vanity vote.

Not only does the design fit the concept, but the design also opens up several possibilities in flavor moves, such as Needle Arm, Twin-Needle, and Pin Missile (not that it needs them with the other attacks it's bound to get with the typing.)

It also fits the Electric concept, and... well just look, the design is original and striking, I want to raise one. I kind of feel bad for the spriters though.

As a sucker for Japanese influence, Buffalo_Wings provides a wonderful art that thematically works a little better as a Togekiss partner.

aragornbird has a design that I'd love to see someday, I just don't think it's right for this particular Pokemon, though a hand to him, he obviously cared a lot, and put quite a bit of effort into his concept.

Same goes for all of you, wonderful concepts. It'll be tough to be patient waiting for the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)