CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 7 - Art Poll 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yilx

I would wish ya both good luck, but I think ya've had yer fair share of it, being the two finalists for the art poll! Good job to ya both!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mos-Quitoxe

While both portray excellent artistic ability, I can't help but think that both are only moderate in the conceptual department. In the end, my vote went towards which one I thought had the more interesting and unique concept. Best of luck to both artists; they've worked so hard for this!

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Two incredible works of art, and I'd be happy with either of them. As far as I am concerned, Yilx demonstrates the typing and stat spread of Sketchy far more readily, whereas MQ gets the points for spotless originality. The two final concepts, which are the only things I care about at this point, are more or less flawless. Flytrap shrine maiden and origami samurai are two fantastic ideas.

Generally speaking, at this point I vote either for a) whoever used the less high-tech drawing program or b) whoever had the less obnoxious supporting art. But I can't really differentiate between them here either.

Of course, as I'm writing Mos-Quitoxe is way out in front, so I'll vote Yilx to keep the competition a bit closer.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DougJustDoug>Yilx>Mos-Quixote>the rest

How did I not see the previous poll :/ Oh right it was open for so little time

Yilx

Aside the fact that I'm partial to feminine designs (@__@) I think a ghost that looks like those Japanese paper spirits just doesn't gell with those bulky physical offense base stats. A frail special sweeper fits Mos' design better.

Mos-Quitoxe

I don't get the argument that it doesn't fit Grass, and I'm baffled at the argument that it doesn't fit Ghost. It's a goddamned possessed paper doll thing. How much more Grass/Ghost can you get?

Yilx's almost made me reconsider and vote for it. It has grown on me and, to be fair, its female-only design is less likely to compel the movepool submissions to make Sketch an event move. But I have to go with the fresher design, which also happens to free us (imo) from the flavour compulsion to include Leech Seed, in case it's disallowed. (Also, Yilx's is easily a physical attacker, too! Look at that vine...)

@ Rising_Dusk: I don't want to alarm you, but I think you're overdoing it with these OPs. But maybe that's because reachzero did the same thing toned down a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)