Chandelure

Yeah speaking of Azumarill, whats the reason for its rise? To counter Chandelure?
It OHKOs a lot of top threats. Namely:
-Excadrill
-Landorus(Pretty sure it OHKOs)
-Blaziken(Without Sun, as Ken will take 53.64% - 63.58% in the Sun)

And some others.
It can also OHKO Ferrothorn with CB Superpower, which is nice.

-Excadrill

And some others.
Actually Landorus at full health can survie Aqua Jet (81.5-96.55) although the common one's carrying Life Orb will probably die to recoil after a single attack or 2 although Bulk Up ones can win if it Bulks Up on Switch in Sandstorm.

It OHKO charmander Charmeleon and charizard without stealth rock. Its awesome.

Sorry cant hold it.

Well hes the only think not named techniloom that can priority OHKO doryuuzu. Thats good enough reason

-Excadrill

And some others.
Ah thats interesting. Azumarill is also surprisingly bulky too. @_@ Chandelure's Energy Ball didn't kill it like I hoped it would.

I guess, energy ball is mainly for dual types such as water/ground, rock/ground, and water/rock types, or for the weakened monotypes of those aforementioned.

BTW, chandelure is a good poke having 6 resistances at first glance. Personally, I may use it as a good scizor counter.

I guess, energy ball is mainly for dual types such as water/ground, rock/ground, and water/rock types, or for the weakened monotypes of those aforementioned.

BTW, chandelure is a good poke having 6 resistances at first glance. Personally, I may use it as a good scizor counter.
Well, Scizor's Pursuit is gonna hurt...

Probably how stuff will still fly up and hit a chandelier. That's probably how Heatproof/Light Metal Bronzong doesn't levitate; it doesn't levitate high enough to avoid debris from the ground.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you can find me a chandelier that hangs closer to the ground than a Weezing, I'll eat my hat.

Anyway sorry for being off topic, I'll go now :D

I dont get it, why are choice items so popular? I mean, it's not a good thing you gotta use only 1 move until switching out, isnt it? :|

I think it's worth noting (If it hasn't already been; it's a 1000+ post thread and I'm limited on time) that Chandelure is one of the absolute best anti-Trick Room pokemon in a Double Battle. It has:

-Imprison + Trick Room
-Ghost-typing that gives immunity to Fake Out and Endeavor, as well as immunity or resistance to Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, and Extremespeed
-Enough Speed to reliably move before any ordinary Trick Room user
-STAB Ghost and Fire that hurt such Trick Room regulars as Bronzong, Amoonguss, Dusknoir, Cofagrigus
-Shadow Tag that prevents switching to another Trick Roomer
-Such moves as Clear Smog and Haze (Put an end to Psych Up teams like molf party), Confuse Ray (Opponent can't switch out to escape it), and Heat Wave (Takes care of Follow Me/Rage Powder users if you don't want to Imprison their Trick Room)
-Immunity to Explosion (I know, I know, Explosion is nerfed, but coming off of +6 Attack, as in the case of Psych'd Up pokemon, it is still a force)

Expect to see him at VGC '11, even if Shadow Tag isn't out yet. Hell, I'll be using him on my Rain Dance team, in spite of his typing! He's even better in the Global Battle Union, where you'll be able to see whether or not your opponent is using a Trick Room team.

EDIT: For those who aren't in the know, molf party was the premier Double Battle 4v4 team for a couple years. It used Bronzong + Smeargle + Snorlax + Metagross. Basically, Smeargle used Follow Me or Fake Out or Taunt to *guarantee* Trick room, then Snorlax and Metagross came out and used Belly Drum and Psych Up. 3 of the 4 pokemon knew Selfdestruct/Explosion, Metagross knew Bullet Punch to take advantage of Psych Up, etc. It was a force in Gen IV.

Chandelure destroys every aspect of it. It's immune to Fake Out, Endeavor, and Explosion, faster than Smeargle so it can avoid being Taunted before Imprisoning, has Haze and Clear Smog to get rid of +6 Attack, resists Bullet Punch and Gyro Ball, Will-o-wisps the pure attack-based team, and, one day, will be able to keep Smeargle and Bronzong helplessly together as your party sets up with its ability Shadow Tag, if molf party is even used by that point.

This thread seems pretty serious but I just wanted to mention that this is, by far, my favorite Pokemon. Umbreon and I have been tight since the original Gold but this lil'light has won me over. Shadowtag or not, he's earned a permanent place on my team...and my game-loving heart.

This thread seems pretty serious but I just wanted to mention that this is, by far, my favorite Pokemon. Umbreon and I have been tight since the original Gold but this lil'light has won me over. Shadowtag or not, he's earned a permanent place on my team...and my game-loving heart.
Brofist.
Then again, personally, I prefer Flash Fire all the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)