Counter that RU Pokemon! Community Teambuilder - Heysup vs. Pearl.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HeySup - 7
lars - 2
Zoap - 4
Pearl. - 1
DittoCrow - 2
alexwolf - 1
typhonandfafnir - 1

Congratulations to HeySup's Honchkrow for becoming the final member of team 2!

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpD)
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Hidden Power Ground

Nothing can take a Brave Bird, especially if they use a Ghost (Rotom can't take Brave Birds unless it doesn't invest in Speed, the rest don't even come close) or another sweeper. Honchkrow can easily Pursuit-kill a weakened Pokemon or Medicham trapped in Psycho Cut and win the game for team 2 just like that because +1 Sucker Punch / Brave Bird deals with every single Pokemon on team 1, besides the prediction war with Raichu's Encore. Scarf, believe it or not, actually doesn't have the same revenge killing power which matters a lot since Sucker Punch is the best way to deal with Medicham and a set-up Torterra. Not to mention Scarf lets potential threats such as Omastar set up.

Teams so far:
Team 1: Scolipede, Clefable, Torterra, Raichu, Medicham
Team 2: Rhydon, Ludicolo, Weezing, Sigilyph, Cryogonal, Honchkrow
Team 1 will now select their 6th and Final Pokemon, at which point both teams will be complete and the final stage of the CTP will commence.

zdrup and Pearl have 2 mons selected so far, while HeySup has 3, and thus HeySup will be one of the battlers in the final stage of the CTP.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SDef / 64 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Uxie destroys everything on Team 2 except for Rhydon, which is mandhandled by Torterra and will be taking significant damage from Clefable, Medicham, and Raichu. Uxie is able to set up on Ludicolo, Weezing, Sigilyph, and Cryogonal and Thunderbolt will 2HKO Honch. When Uxie subs, Honch can't OHKO Uxie and Thunderbolt will do around 55-65% which will help Team 1 if it is weakened. 64 Speed EVs to outrun Honchkrow. Max HP and the rest in SpDef so Uxie's subs won't be broken, especially after +1. Once Rhydon is weakened, Uxie will plow through Team 2. If not, Torterra is free to set up on Rhydon. It also provides some good resists for Team 1 (Fighting, Ground).

Damage calcs:
Ludicolo vs. +0 Uxie: Scald: 25.7 - 30.5%
Sigilyph vs. +0 Uxie: Air Slash: 23.72 - 28.24%
Cryogonal vs. +0 Uxie: Ice Beam: 22.31 - 26.55%

+0 Uxie vs. Cryogonal: Psyshock: 56.7 - 67.01%

It can set up on Weezing, Ludicolo, and Sigilyph so I didn't post the calcs vs them.

Uxie is going to damage the other team so that every other Pokemon on Team 1 will have an easier time getting KOs. Team 2 is going to have to predict hard to beat this Uxie.

Archeops @ ground gem
252atk, 4 sp.def, 252speed
Jolly
Defeatist
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Acrobatics
Smack Down
Aside from its ability (which sucks) Archeops is a great pokemon. This is my own attacking set, making good use of maxed ev's in attack and speed. Rock Slide and Earthquake give the coverage of EdgeQuake. The Ground Gem increases the power of Earthquake one time. Smack Down takes Wheezing down for Earthquake. Acrobatics is a MUST on Archeops. This set seems to cover the entire other team. Hitting 3 with Rock Slide (Cryogonal, Sigilyph, and Honchkrow), 2 with Earthquake (Rhydon, Weezing [with previous Smack Down]), and the remainding Ludicolo with Acrobatics.
If Archeops is no longer allowed in RU let me know, it's still listed as RU in the pokemon list for B/W.

With a SR setter, a dual-spikes setter (who, I might add, sacrifices himself to set them up) and a spinner on the opposing side, I think a spin-blocker is an almost essential option.

Spiritomb @choice band
EVs: 252 atk, 252 HP
Adamant
Trait: Pressure
Sucker punch
Pursuit
Shadow sneak
Trick

This guy seriously messes up loads of stuff on team 2. Dual priority with pursuit makes him a very capable revenge killer if medicham has lost his scarf (and tricking two choice items is just fun), pursuit smashes cryogonal, ensuring he doesn't come in to spin again. Nothing likes being tricked a choice band on their team, with the possible exception of honchkrow, who becomes quite a lot easier to deal with after he's locked in to a move. This guy also beats sigilyph easily.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion

(Cofagrigus) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Blocks Rapid Spin for Team 1, sweeps during late game, tanks stuff and is a boss. why not?

SkullCandy

She Bangs The Drums
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to suggest Spiritomb as well, but a different set.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD
Sassy Nature
-Dark Pulse
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pursuit
-Rest

Completely walls Rhydon, Sigilyph and to an extent, Honchkrow, as well as being able to burn the former and the latter, crippling them for the remainder of the match. Spiritomb also acts as a status absorber, being able to rest off the Toxics and Will-O-Wisps. With a Sassy nature and the given EVs it has great SpD and can wall Weezing, as well as takig Cryogonal's Ice Beams better than Band Spiritomb which is essential seeing as Spiritomb is going to have to switch into Cryogonal a lot to spin block.

Essentially, defensive Spiritomb would act as a wall and pivot pokemon that can spread status, absorb it, take out Sigilyph and cripple the opposing team's lead.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SpA
Brave
Trait: Pressure
Psychic
Pursuit
Sucker Punch
Will-O-Wisp

Very obvious "counter that Pokemon" Pokemon, where you can get away with trying to do a lot at a time. Spin Blocks, beats Cryogonal (4HKOed by Ice Beam, OHKOes with correct Dark-type move (Sucker Punch on the attack, Pursuit on the switch, or you can always Pursuit and win but with not much HP left) after Stealth Rock), beats down Weezing (almost always 2HKOes with Psychic with 80 EVs), cripples Honchkrow on the obvious switch with WoW, hard counters Sigilyph, cripples Rhydon, etc. The best part is trapping + KOing Cryo instead of just forcing it out.

Sorry if I greedily take the 4 of the 12 :P

Sorry if I greedily take the 4 of the 12 :P
Lol don't count your chickens before they hatch (:

With so many Spiritombs, I'm going a slightly different route

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Adamant Ability:Pressure
EVs 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Shadow Sneak
Substitute
Focus Punch
Pain Split

focus punch obviously destroys Cryogonal, and shadow sneak is a 2HKO after SR. Focus Punch also hits Rhydon pretty hard and really everything else besides Weezing which will be a pretty decent free switch to Raichu anyway.

cryogonal's ice beam does 33-39% but Dusknoir has Pain split too and will beat it with Shadow Sneak anyway.

What Team 1 really needs imo is a Pokemon to deal with Honchkrow and either beast on Team 2 or spinblock. The Ghosts weak to Sucker Punch/Pursuit really aren't going to do so well, so one of the Spiritombs is good. I thought that spuds4ever's set was good, but Honchkrow can still wreck it. SkullCandy's is the next best, for reasons he already stated. But the one I would vote for it Heysup's Spiritomb. It has WoW to beat Honch and cripple certain mons, Pursuit to trap Cryogonal, and Sucker Punch for needed priority. Psychic just tops everything off, giving the set a creative factor and helps deal with Weezing. My only concern is the lack of recovery and the nature. Maybe a Brave nature would be better so it doesn't need the 80 SpA EVs. Spiritomb is slow as hell anyways. Overall, good suggestion; I think it will win the poll :)

What Team 1 really needs imo is a Pokemon to deal with Honchkrow and either beast on Team 2 or spinblock. The Ghosts weak to Sucker Punch/Pursuit really aren't going to do so well, so one of the Spiritombs is good. I thought that spuds4ever's set was good, but Honchkrow can still wreck it. SkullCandy's is the next best, for reasons he already stated. But the one I would vote for it Heysup's Spiritomb. It has WoW to beat Honch and cripple certain mons, Pursuit to trap Cryogonal, and Sucker Punch for needed priority. Psychic just tops everything off, giving the set a creative factor and helps deal with Weezing. My only concern is the lack of recovery and the nature. Maybe a Brave nature would be better so it doesn't need the 80 SpA EVs. Spiritomb is slow as hell anyways. Overall, good suggestion; I think it will win the poll :)
(I originally calced with Brave nature.....forgot to change it in my post, thanks for reminding me :D)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, let's vote for the final time (on the Pokemon)

DittoCrow

As a note, Eo will be taking over my duties for the next day and a half or so while I am away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)