Counter This Pokemon [ginganinja vs TEMP V1]

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ganj4lF: 10
kiddu: 5

The votes are in and Team 1's last member and our FINAL Pokemon is none other than ganj4lF's Deoxys-D!

Deoxys-D @ Fire Gem

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 88 SpA / 184 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Spikes
- Recover
- Taunt
- Hidden Power Fire

Props to our new comer kiddu for getting 5 votes, very nice. Well, there we have it, our two teams!

Team 1
(Captain: ginganinja)

Team 2 (Captain: Electrolyte)

Now it is up to ginganinja and Electrolyte to get in contact to schedule their best of 3 match. Battles can be played on PO or PS!, whatever you prefer. PO seems better just so we can use the replay player and maybe the war story generator, but ultimately it's up to you guys. When you schedule a time and date, please post it in this thread so we can get together and watch.

I'd like to thank all of you for participating in this project. It started off kinda rocky but honestly I hardly remember the initial confusion. The amount of teamwork and civility that went into this project was very impressive and gave me a lot of hope for the future of this subforum. I would name individuals but then I'd be missing some and feel bad for leaving people out so I won't do that. Your work will not go unnoticed.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right gents, here we are at the end of this long project, one the one hand, the famous Electrolyte, skilled battler and remarkable teambuilder, fresh from his countless victories on the PS! ladder, on the other, we have ginganinja, who can be summed up by the following quotes from our respected OU moderator, Haunter!

[11:10] <@Haunter> (BAN ME PLEASE)ninja
[11:10] <@Haunter> gingers are scary and evil
[11:11] <@Haunter> as proved by nigganinja

There you have it guys, Team 1 vs Team 2, WHO WILL WIN??????

Btw I will set up a time with Electrolyte as soon as I can get Fatecrashers to ghost for me.

You can all post now with various predictions, posts of encouragement, and sappy, "I love Nixhex" posts.

Seriously tho, everyone involved with the project take the time to thank Nixhex for all his hard work. Its tough managing a project like this, and I think he did a fantastic job so well done for that bud!

Also just wanna shoutout to everyone who took part in this project, many of you typed up amazing discussion posts, as well as nominations, and it really blew us all away. Keep up the good work guys, it was great reading all your excellent points and arguments!

VS Electrolyte

tehy

Banned deucer.
Nixhex, i love you... like a cholo. MY ELBOWS WILL ALWAYS BE UP AND SIDE TO SIDE FOR YOU BABY.
Also, now i regret not suggesting some form of hydreigon for the sixth team member. I do love specsdreigon, and with the right prediction it kills everything on that team. On the other hand, dual bulky steels weak to different stuff puts a major crimp in its style, so there's that.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, NixHex bro for an amazing project - it's such a fun one, we should honestly do one again :)

Also, all of you who participated in this project made this a resounding success. Thanks for re-defining bro teamwork in our forums!

Plz update us with time & date, ginganinja and Electrolyte >:D Rootin for
cuz ginganinja is evil x)

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Ha! Glad that one of my sets made it into a team, in the end.

I would really like to thank everyone for this project, especially NixHex that made it possible, it was awesome and it's probably why I'm not lurking anymore but somewhat contributing to Smogon, after a long time. Looking forward to see the actual battle and maybe a warstory, since you're both great players. And, of course, I hope this kind of projects will come back for a second (third?) run, since it was so fun!

Temp V1

Movin' at the speed of life and I can't slow down
Cheers fo all your work on this Nix :) It was a lot of fun coming up with the ideas, then running them through hypothetical scenarios, until finally having ideas to post. The intelligent discussions were great, and I got to know a lot more people over the course of this. I had a lot of fun and i'm sure everyone involved did, thanks once again :)

Gentlemen, thank you all for the wonderful experience that this project has been. It has been remarkably fun and I feel it has vastly improved my (almost nonexistant) teambuilding capabilities. Useful lessons such as "stay away from Metagross" and "Every team is Mamo weak" have been learned!

Special thanks to, obviously, NixHex for organizing the whole thing.

PD: here's hoping Gross gets to be useful x)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really can't wait to battle you, Ginja! Hopefully, a timeslot will open in my busy schedule, and I'll face you.

But for now, here are some importables for easy access to both teams:

Ginjaninja's team:
Meloetta @ Life Orb
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 200 Spd / 252 SAtk / 56 HP
Naive Nature
- Relic Song
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Close Combat

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 52 HP / 236 Spd / 220 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Stealth Rock

Deoxys-Defense @ Fire Gem
EVs: 236 HP / 88 SAtk / 184 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Electrolyte's team:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Stone Edge

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Infernape @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Overheat
- Stone Edge

Have fun guys! Thank you NixHex for your awesome idea! You are da boos man! :D

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Let's see the outcome of this little nice project that we, the posters and the bossy cuddly mod NixHex have been working on the past weeks...! I am predicting team 1 to win, mainly because of team match-up, as i believe that Deoxys-D will make it really difficult for Electrolyte's team to win.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Righto, Electrolyte got busy, so the baton passes to the might TEMP V1. Please wish him the best of luck, and feel free to give him support (not like he needs it xD).

GINGANINGA VS TEMP V1

SUNDAY 1 PM GMT +12 (so prolly Saturday sometimes for you Americans)

(Go translate that into your own timezonesI think we picked a time that should hopefully work for most of you but w/e)

EDIT: 6-9 PM for most americans

ganj4lF

is a Team Rater Alumnus
3AM here...well, good luck to both, it's not likely I will be there so please make sure to post a log/something! Thanks.

ginganinja

Yea, I am pretty sure that a log will be saved for you all to view. As for a warstory, I guess its possible, it would need to be a good battle(s) (im not warstorying anything if I get 4-0ed or something) and it would come down to time on hand and stuff. Making a warstory (like a half decent one) takes a fair amount of time and its not something I would feel comfortable half assing. If its a good battle and if we have time then maybe, but regardless, a log will be made available.

EDIT

should note that both TEMP V1 and myself are pretty active, and live about 2 hrs difference from each other, which means that if like most people want it shifted forward a few hours (shifting it back is harder for Temp since im 2 hrs ahead and he does't want to do it at the crack of dawn or something) so that they can watch it live, then let us know either via PM / VM or in this thread so we can take a look at times again.

ganj4lF

is a Team Rater Alumnus
Nah, don't worry, I'm happy as long as some kind of log is saved. For the warstory, if you guys need some help with the formatting part I'll be glad to help (this is applicable if you battle on PS!, for PO there's that awesome warstory generator by Zarel); I guess that the games will be pretty even since I tested a bit with Temp V1, so there's a good chance that they'll be warstory worthy, IMHO.

Temp V1

Yeah, if people want it earlier/later thats fine by me. I will sacrifice my beauty sleep if it is for the benefit of the community.

And we thought that time was going to work well for everyone, go us :d

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your task is difficult, but show him THE REAL POWER OF INFERNAPE Temp V1! Calling it now, an Overheat crit on Deoxys-D will seal the deal for team 1.

Temp V1

Your task is difficult, but show him THE REAL POWER OF INFERNAPE Temp V1! Calling it now, an Overheat crit on Deoxys-D will seal the deal for team 1.
I shall try haha, although I'd hope for as few hax as possible so that we can really see what the match up is like :p

Temp V1

About 12 and a half hours to go until we do the best of three. If you won't be able to come watch we'll be making logs and possibly warstorys, so you won't miss out entirely. Haven't decided if it'll be on Showdown or PO yet, but we'll post as soon as we decide.

Hope to see all of you there :)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lol, the warstory was actually my idea, so I'll explain it.

I was thinking that in the three battles we as a community would choose the most interesting battle- and then we as a comminity would write it. The reason why I think anybody should bother doing this is because warstories are a great way to see how certain pokemon match up against others. It would give us significant knowledge about strategy and by analyzing moves and plays we could help each other improve. Even if the battles are uneventful, we'll at least see the outcome of this project, and be able to decide what our next step is.

Just throwing somethings out there; what to look for in a warstory-worthy battle:
~Smart plays
~Slips and slops
~Most pokemon used wisely
~Twists
~Inevitable wins/losses
~Strategies

I'm still talking with NixHex on how this should go, but I'm pretty sure that as long as Ginga/Temp don't mind posting links to replays, it should be ok. What do you guys think?

Damn I'm absolutely gutted, the past week or so I've been AFK whilst I moved into my new place at Uni so I missed the last two votes... really happy with the picks & this project as a whole has been really interesting, although I really dislike one or two of the picks you guys made :P. I look forward to seeing the results of the match-ups, and I hope we can do something like this again.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately I am able to watch this as I will be out at that time. I'm really looking forward to a warstory though, that will make things even more interesting if I hadn't watched the battles.

Temp V1

Match starts in a few minutes, so head on over to PS!

Apologies to those that won't be able to watch, but we'll make sure you don't miss out entirely :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)