I like it, its unique. 1 point

Golurk used Ice Punch. The core fainted :(

Second time around got it, 1 point

Seems legit, I forgot to put no repearing mons into the OP, good eye. 1 point

lol. I really want to not count this but its just too funny. 2 points

BRONZOR STRONG. 2 points

lolnope

FLCL nailed it. 0 points

I'll trust FLCL saying it works with HP fighting, 1 point.

I love the concept, 1 point.

And now bonus points!

Best arguer goes to FLCL! Who was very dedicated in his efforts. 1 point for you!
melvni gets a point for having the coolest core. 1 point!

Leaderboard:
FLCL - 3
melvni - 2
Sweet Jesus - 2
CrashinBoomBang - 2
Battlestar - 1
Django - 1
Keiran - 1
Annoyer - 1
ShuckleKing87 - 1

also I've decided to allow the same pokemon to be used twice, if they are being used in very different ways. Also please don't post Frenzy Plant Meganium anymore, stuff like that won't count anymore :)

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
KING MEGANIUM

Anyway, about the Bayleef, doesn't Draco Meteor 2HKO if it hits you once on the switch and then again the turn afterwards? Unless I'm missing something

252SpAtk Choice Specs Cloud Nine Altaria (+SAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252HP/252SpDef Eviolite Bayleef (Neutral): 47% - 55% (153 - 181 HP).

252SpAtk Choice Specs -2 Cloud Nine Altaria (+SAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252HP/252SpDef Eviolite Bayleef (Neutral): 23% - 28% (76 - 91 HP).

equals to 95%-108% after hazards - a overwhelming chance to 2HKO since you won't outspeed Altaria.

About the Lickilicky + Weezing core, since I believe we're still assuming the core to make perfect plays, can't Altaria just use Draco Meteor while you go to Lickitung which does 62%-69% after hazards, go to Torterra on the Wish, use Wood Hammer once while you Protect and double back to Altaria on the predicted Weezing switch to repeat the process? After you have to come in on Altaria's Draco Meteor for the second time, you'll be left with 12% damage from the last time you were in + 25% from hazards + 37% from the second Draco Meteor = 74% - and that is assuming minimum damage on every single attack. If Altaria rolls even average damage, the core dies in the process of countering the duo since Altaria can just switch out of Weezing after Lickitung dies and OHKO it the next time it comes in. This scenario isn't even that unrealistic since the player on the core's side just has to predict one 50-50 right - and you can't really afford to try and outpredict him there since a wrong prediction would leave Lickitung dead.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
As far as I know (at least it was that way in the old crisis core), you can just edit your post to change the Pokemon since Raseri only checks the posts/gives out points at the end of each round.

Duskull (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Trick Room
- Memento
- Will-O-Wisp
- Disable

Duskull , the cannon fodder. If it somehow gets in unharmed from say Torterra using Rock Polish or Earthquake it can use Will'o'wisp to cripple it , Memento to let Duosion in safely or set up Trick Room to do both. It can also come in on Hp-ground from Altaria but really who cares , two hits from either firmly ko the ghost especially after rocks. These moves do give the ghost a little use outside of cannon fodder.

Duosion (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Magic Guard prevents hazards damage so Duosion will always come in with 100% , it can always take 1 hit from Torterra or Altaria regardless of move and KO with Hidden Power Ice. On the turn Duosion is hit it sets up Trick Room so it out slows them both. Neither stand a chance of surviving. Other moves are filler / useful when not trying to beat two specific mons. Exchange Eviolte for Focus Sash if you want to beat the core 100% of the time but sacrificial usefulness outside of this.

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Altaria (+SpAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Eviolite Duosion: 75.75% - 89.22%
2 hits to KO

Detailed Result:
252 Atk Life Orb Torterra (+Atk) Earthquake vs 252 HP/0 Def Eviolite Duosion: 71.86% - 84.43%
2 hits to KO

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Duosion (+SpAtk) Hidden Power Ice vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Torterra: 113.6% - 134.14%
Guaranteed OHKO

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Duosion (+SpAtk) Hidden Power Ice vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Altaria: 108.59% - 127.84%
Guaranteed OHKO

@CrashinBoomBang: Yeah, you're right. Pretty sure that changing the nature to a +SDef nature would fix that. I changed the nature to Calm, assuming that's allowed.

Zangoose + Samurott, i have to leave in like 2 minutes so I cant post pictures and stuff but here are the sets

Samurott @ Life Orb
Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Aqua Jet

Zangoose @Toxic Orb
Toxic Boost
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Facade
Quick Attack
Night Slash
Close Combat

Stealth Rock on your side of the field, Zangoose's Toxic Orb is not active before hand, it must attack or switch in to activate it. I'll make this prettier later but i have to go

EDIT#5: Core finished!

Duskull @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split
- Destiny Bond

Haunter @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

The idea is simple: switch Duskull take the hit, let it die, then send Haunter in to KO Samurott with Thunderbolt. When Zangoose comes in, it can only hit it with Night Slash, which is a OHKO, so Haunter can use Destiny Bond to take Zangoose with it.

Serperior @ Yache Berry
Trait : Overgrow
EVs : 252 HP / 140 Def / 44 Def / 72 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

After trying a myriad of sets for Serperior, I've finally found one that works (unless it gets proved otherwise). If Samurott is in, switch in Serperior. Because of the Yache Berry, Serperior will be able to Light Screen after the Yache Berry has been used so Serperior can stall out the Samurott. Rinse and repeat until Serperior is above 33% or more, KO the Samurott with Giga Drain. (Serperior can do this at less health probably since Giga Drain restores HP but I don't want to do any more calcs because lazy). Giga Drain KOs Samurott at 50% health. Then Serperior can Reflect as the Zangoose Close Combats (Zangoose's hardest hitting move with Toxic Orb unactivated). Then, Serperior will be able to live the Quick Attack and Synthesis up or Synthesis up as Zangoose Facades which does under 50%. You can just repeat this until Zangoose is at 33% where Giga Drain can KO (50% with a defense drop).

If Zangoose is in, switch in Serperior. As it hits you with any move, go for Reflect. You can then stall out Zangoose but make sure you are at a decent amount of health (I believe 30% will do) at the end of the outcome. Then Light Screen as Samurott hits you for terrible damage considering the Yache Berry and Light Screen. Then just stall it out and KO once it's at 50% health.

The EVs are max HP for around-average bulk and the speed allows Serperior to outspeed Zangoose. The Defense and Special Defense EVs are just random so there is probably a better way to use them, but these do the job.

Here are the calcs:
252 SpAtk Life Orb Samurott Ice Beam vs 252 HP/44 SpDef Yache Berry Serperior: 33.62% - 39.55%

252 SpAtk Life Orb Samurott Ice Beam vs 252 HP/44 SpDef Yache Berry Serperior: 16.95% - 20.06% (Light Screen)

0 SpAtk Serperior Giga Drain vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Samurott: 51.66% - 61.63%

0 SpAtk Serperior Giga Drain vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Zangoose: 33.8% - 40.07%

252 Atk Zangoose Close Combat vs 252 HP/140 Def Serperior: 30.79% - 36.44%

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade vs 252 HP/140 Def Serperior: 40.68% - 47.74% (Reflect)

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Quick Attack vs 252 HP/140 Def Serperior: 11.86% - 13.84% (Reflect)

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Quick Attack vs 252 HP/140 Def Serperior: 23.16% - 27.4%

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender

Leafeon @ Choice Band
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- X-Scissor
- Baton Pass

Shedinja @ Flame Orb
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Serious Nature
- Scratch
-
-
-

Shedinja comes in, dies. Leafeon OHKOs both.

252 Atk Choice Band Leafeon Leaf Blade vs 0 HP/0 Def Zangoose: 103.48% - 121.6%
252 Atk Choice Band Leafeon Leaf Blade vs 0 HP/0 Def Samurott: 135.95% - 160.42%

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
Okay since I really don't want to figure out a single Pokemon that beats this (if it even exists):

Drifblim (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Destiny Bond

Electabuzz (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Drifblim is just fodder to bring Electabuzz in safely (I used Drifblim because it's a Balloon), who proceeds to outspeed and OHKO both Zangoose and Samurott while surviving everything the two can throw at it easily.

Calcs:
252Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose (Neutral) Quick Attack vs 4HP/0Def Eviolite Electabuzz (Neutral): 34% - 41% (94 - 112 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

0Atk Torrent Samurott (-Atk) Aqua Jet vs 4HP/0Def Eviolite Electabuzz (Neutral): 15% - 18% (42 - 49 HP). Guaranteed 7HKO.

252SpAtk Electabuzz (+SAtk) Thunderbolt vs 4HP/0SpDef Samurott (Neutral): 110% - 130% (368 - 434 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

252SpAtk Electabuzz (+SAtk) Focus Blast vs 4HP/0SpDef Zangoose (Neutral): 121% - 143% (350 - 412 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Too easy guys: I bring you Specially Defensive Alomomola I suppose it would make sense that you can't counter the mon we nearly banned for not having any counters along with another mon that functions completely differently with one Pokemon... stupid lying damage calculators. This new counter I'm pretty sure is a lot more solid, though it does require two mons to pull it off.

Electrode@Rocky Helmet
Ability - Aftermath
Nature - Modest
252 HP / 164 SpAtk / 92 SpDef
~Thunder
~Protect
~I don't know Tackle or something it doesn't matter
~Snore because you might be asleep or something and Sleep Talk is too random

Alomomola@Leftovers
Ability - Regenerator
Nature - Bold
252 HP / 64 SpDef / 192 Def
~Wish
~Protect
~Toxic
~Knock Off (or whatever it's not like you're going to use it whatever it is)

Timid Life Orb Samurott Torrent Boosted Hydro Pump vs. Alomomola: 52.25-61.24%
Jolly Toxic Boosted Zangoose Facade (140 power and equivalent of +1 Atk) vs. Specially Defensive Alomomola: 51.87-61.24%
Amount of HP recovered from Leftovers + Wish/Protect + Wish = 62.5% (more than the maximum amount of damage from each of their strongest moves)

Samurott's Hydro Pump vs. Electrode: 323 damage max when Electrode has 324 HP
Zangoose's unboosted Facade vs. Electrode: 43.52-51.23%
Zangoose's unboosted Close Combat vs. Electrode: 49.69-58.64%

Electrode's Thunder vs. Samurott: 114.76-135.54%
Electrode's Thunder vs. Zangoose: 75-88.54%
Electrode's Thunder vs. -1 SpDef Zangoose: 111.81-132.29%

Basically, turn one Electrode comes in. If Zangoose is out, Electrode takes a hit and forces Zangoose to take Rocky Helmet damage, Protects so Zangoose has to take one turn of Poison damage (Aqua Jet only does 25% max so Samurott can't come in and kill it without dying as Electrode is at around 30% minimum), then continues to spam Protect until it fails and Electrode dies, giving Zangoose one more turn of Rocky Helmet damage, one more turn of Toxic damage, and Aftermath damage. If Samurott is out, Electrode takes a hit and forces Samurott to take Life Orb damage, then uses Thunder to force Samurott to kill it with Aqua Jet, thus taking Rocky Helmet, Life Orb, and Aftermath damage. In scenario one, Zangoose is at 22.9% when Electrode falls, while, in Scenario two, Samurott is at 38.3% max when Electrode bites the dust.

At this point Alomomola comes in and, due to the enormous HP healing properties of Wish+Protect+Leftovers, they can't kill it. Really, any Pokemon could be used as the fodder here, but Electrode does a really good job of it as it forces them to take an enormous amount of damage in the process.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Too easy guys: I bring you Specially Defensive Alomomola

Alomomola@Leftovers
Ability - Regenerator
Nature - Careful
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
~Wish
~Protect
~Toxic
~Knock Off (or whatever it's not like you're going to use it whatever it is)

Timid Life Orb Samurott Grass Knot vs. Specially Defensive Alomomola: 32.71-37.83% (a 3-4 hit KO)
Timid Life Orb Samurott Hydro Pump vs. Specially Defensive Alomomola: 23.97-28.09% (a 4-5 hit KO)
Timid Life Orb Samurott Torrent Boosted Hydro Pump vs. Specially Defensive Alomomola: 35.96-42.13% (a 3-4 hit KO since it will only get this low on health after Stealth Rock damage has long been taken back)
Jolly Toxic Boosted Zangoose Facade (140 power and equivalent of +1 Atk) vs. Specially Defensive Alomomola: 35.39-41.76% (a 3 hit KO; this is the only calc necessary for Zangoose as no other of its moves are stronger)

Basically come in, be unkillable, both of them eventually die to their items and can't prevent this by switching back and forth because (a) I will eventually have enough HP to Toxic Samurott and (b) even if I don't bother with this Zangoose will die after exactly 16 turns of minimum Toxic damage.
252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade vs 252 HP/0 Def Alomomola: 70.79% - 83.33%
2 hits to KO

You probably calculated an unboosted Facade with 70 base power.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
This isn't so bad :)

I present this lovely duo.

&

Luxray (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Volt Switch

Simisage (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Superpower

So here's how it works. Switch Luxray into what is in, either Samurott or Zangoose. The preferred scenario is that Luxray switches in on Zangoose, but coming in Samurott is dangerous since Hydro Pump is a OHKO. Simisage comes in unscathed once Luxray dies, and cleans house with his moves.

Hydro Pump vs Luxray: 298-352 (99 - 116.94%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 (Intimidate) Aqua Jet vs Luxray: 13.95 - 16.27%

Wild Charge vs Samurott: 350-414 (105.74 - 125.07%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So if Luxray is coming in on Samurott, if it avoids the Hydro Pump (accuracy could matter) it can then OHKO with Wild Charge, and weaken Zangoose as well.

Wild Charge vs Zangoose: 80.2 - 94.79%

The other scenario is that Luxray comes in on Zangoose (Toxic hasn't activated yet).

-1 (non-toxic) Facade vs Luxray 169-201 (56.14 - 66.77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Then after that Quick Attack KOs Luxray, so Luxray shouldn't come in on Zangoose, but needs to since Simisage can't.

So it doesn't matter if Samurott or Zangoose is out, Luxray is the first to go.

Simisage now comes in and cleans house. I'm assuming Luxray did squat, and the Intimidate disappeared.

Aqua Jet vs Simisage: 12.32 - 14.72%

Aqua Jet vs -1 Defense Simisage: 18.49 - 22.26%

Quick Attack vs Simisage: 45.2 - 53.42%

Focus Blast vs Zangoose: 422-498 (147.03 - 173.51%) -- guaranteed OHKO

HP Fighting vs Zangoose: 86.41 - 101.74%

Superpower vs Zangoose: 103.13 - 121.95%

Leaf Storm vs Samurott: 654-770 (197.58 - 232.62%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Now pick your poison. It all depends on the scenario, Simisage is coming in untouched into Zangoose.
  • Zangoose uses Quick Attack, Simisage uses Focus Blast (if the accuracy is off putting then use the others), HP Fighting (depending on the battle and if Zangoose is below 100%, since HP Fighting has a chance to OHKO), or Superpower (the opponent could predict this and go to Samurott and now your at -1, and then Quick Attack kills you). I'm gonna go with Focus Blast and I hit ^_^
  • (assuming max damage on simisage) 100-12.5-53.42 = 44.08% - LO recoil = 34.08%
  • Now Samurott comes in and does Aqua Jet, and I use Leaf Storm.
  • 34.08 - 14.72 - LO = 9.36%

252 Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose Facade vs 252 HP/0 Def Alomomola: 70.79% - 83.33%
2 hits to KO

You probably calculated an unboosted Facade with 70 base power.
That is entirely possible, though, if that's the case, then it was the damage calculator's fault as on the one I was using I made sure to change Facade's power to 140 and give Zangoose +1 attack to simulate the boost from his ability. Will attempt to fix that however.

Edit: Just did the calc with Last Resort, you are definitely right, and the calculator must have glitched.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
Serperior does not counter this core. If Samurott Ice Beams as Serperior switches in, then Zangoose can come in easily on the next turn as you're busy Light Screening. You'll then have to face Zangoose without Reflect up at around 50% health which means Facade + Quick Attack will defeat Serperior.

Battle Log: http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-losed-again-vs-losed--2012-08-14-private2025560387

(Ignore the Archeops part, that's just to get up Stealth Rocks)

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Not sure this will work, but tauros is mine.

EDIT : Ok, it's a fail tauros is free again

This isn't so bad :)

I present this lovely duo.

&

Luxray (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Volt Switch

Simisage (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Superpower

So here's how it works. Switch Luxray into what is in, either Samurott or Zangoose. The preferred scenario is that Luxray switches in on Zangoose, but coming in Samurott is dangerous since Hydro Pump is a OHKO. Simisage comes in unscathed once Luxray dies, and cleans house with his moves.

Hydro Pump vs Luxray: 298-352 (99 - 116.94%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 (Intimidate) Aqua Jet vs Luxray: 13.95 - 16.27%

Wild Charge vs Samurott: 350-414 (105.74 - 125.07%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So if Luxray is coming in on Samurott, if it avoids the Hydro Pump (accuracy could matter) it can then OHKO with Wild Charge, and weaken Zangoose as well.

Wild Charge vs Zangoose: 80.2 - 94.79%

The other scenario is that Luxray comes in on Zangoose (Toxic hasn't activated yet).

-1 (non-toxic) Facade vs Luxray 169-201 (56.14 - 66.77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Then after that Quick Attack KOs Luxray, so Luxray shouldn't come in on Zangoose, but needs to since Simisage can't.

So it doesn't matter if Samurott or Zangoose is out, Luxray is the first to go.

Simisage now comes in and cleans house. I'm assuming Luxray did squat, and the Intimidate disappeared.

Aqua Jet vs Simisage: 12.32 - 14.72%

Aqua Jet vs -1 Defense Simisage: 18.49 - 22.26%

Quick Attack vs Simisage: 45.2 - 53.42%

Focus Blast vs Zangoose: 422-498 (147.03 - 173.51%) -- guaranteed OHKO

HP Fighting vs Zangoose: 86.41 - 101.74%

Superpower vs Zangoose: 103.13 - 121.95%

Leaf Storm vs Samurott: 654-770 (197.58 - 232.62%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Now pick your poison. It all depends on the scenario, Simisage is coming in untouched into Zangoose.
  • Zangoose uses Quick Attack, Simisage uses Focus Blast (if the accuracy is off putting then use the others), HP Fighting (depending on the battle and if Zangoose is below 100%, since HP Fighting has a chance to OHKO), or Superpower (the opponent could predict this and go to Samurott and now your at -1, and then Quick Attack kills you). I'm gonna go with Focus Blast and I hit ^_^
  • (assuming max damage on simisage) 100-12.5-53.42 = 44.08% - LO recoil = 34.08%
  • Now Samurott comes in and does Aqua Jet, and I use Leaf Storm.
  • 34.08 - 14.72 - LO = 9.36%

I believe you made a typo in your math at the end of your calculation. 100-12.5-53.42 doesn't equal 44.08, it equals 34.08. Because of this, Simisage doesn't live that Aqua Jet and LO against Samurott at the end with 9.36%, it dies from Life Orb recoil after the KO. I know you're assuming an absolute worst case scenario, but, if you want to go that route, I'm not sure a pair which can only hard counter Zangoose and Samurott by both dying makes the best option.

Edit: However, after further reflection, I believe that your Core still works no matter what since an un-toxiced Zangoose's Close Combat (it's most powerful move pre-orb since it has 120 power and Facade has 105 with STAB) only does 38.21% max (I think you accidently gave Facade 140 power pre-boost, the opposite of my mistake with Alomomola), and -1 Toxic Boosted Quick Attack only does 28.9% max. Therefore, if Zangoose is out, it can't beat Luxray and can't switch since you need both Samurott and Zangoose to beat Simisage, and, if Samurott is out, Simisage will be able to kill them both after you kill Luxray since Zangoose won't have its orb activated, which it needs for the combined force of the two members of the core to take Simisage down with them.

tl;dr: I checked and that worst case scenario doesn't matter since I don't see any way it could actually happen.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

LudiCholo (Ludicolo) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 64 SDef / 192 Spe
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

+2 Modest Ludicolo isn't going to be outspeeding Scarf Zebstrika anyways and Scarf Haunter isn't as common as SubDisable due to its ability to trash Zangoose. This one just has enough speed to outspeed Timid Scarf Rotom-S after Rain Dance and rest of the EVs are placed in Special bulk.

&

Roid Rage (Gurdurr) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch​

Finding a core that beats this with legitimate viable standard mons is actually pretty hard so this is the closest I could get with Gurdurr. 152 with Adamant hits an Attack jump point and the rest give Gurdurr a boost to it's Defense, which allows it to actually pull off beating Zangoose after SR. I had a set with more Attack to make it less off from the norm, but sadly that set loses if Zangoose goes for CC as it cannot take the following Facade and its Mach Punch has a minimal change to leave Zangoose at 2% even after then 6% damage from the Toxic Orb. So I went with reliability over trying to stay with the norm as much as possible.

This is the best possible situation for this core as it only requires Ludicolo to come into Samurott and Rain Dance. With this it can easily OHKO both Pokemons effortlessly. Ludicolo is bulky enough to take 2 LO Ice Beams and set up the Rain, while being capable of taking the follow up Aqua Jet. From there it can OHKO Samurott with Giga Drain to regain all of it's health and be capable of taking a Toxic Boostless Quick Attack from Zangoose and retaliate with a Rain boosted Hydro Pump.

• 252SpAtk Life Orb Torrent Samurott (Neutral) Ice Beam in Rain vs 0HP/64SpDef Leftovers Ludicolo (Neutral): 36% - 43% (110 - 131 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO
  • 4Atk Life Orb Torrent Samurott (-Atk) Aqua Jet in Rain vs 0HP/0Def Leftovers Ludicolo (Neutral): 8% - 9% (25 - 30 HP). Guaranteed 13HKO
  • 252SpAtk Ludicolo (+SAtk) Giga Drain in Rain vs 0HP/0SpDef Leftovers Samurott (Neutral): 85% - 100% (282 - 332 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 2% chance to OHKO.
  • 252Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose (Neutral) Quick Attack in Rain vs 0HP/0Def Leftovers Ludicolo (Neutral): 26% - 31% (81 - 96 HP). Guaranteed 4HKO.
  • 252SpAtk Ludicolo (+SAtk) Hydro Pump in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef Leftovers Zangoose (Neutral): 131% - 155% (379 - 447 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

http://pastebin.com/Qp5MakgK For the play by play, because otherwise it is a wall of text

Gurdurr can switch into Zangoose's Close Combat (120 BP vs 105 after STAB from Facade) and take the following Toxic Boost Facade to live to tell the tale and fire off a Drain Punch to kill Zangoose. If Zangoose gets switched out to Samurott, I follow to death fodder my Gurdurr to Samurott to allow Ludicolo to come in freely and repeat the steps that it would if switching into Samurott. This time however coming in fresh to allow it to live a now Toxic Boost Quick Attack from Zangoose. If Zangoose decides to Facade twice instead to prevent its Defense from dropping, Gurdurr still lives and kills with Drain Punch. Once Zangoose dies I can take down Samu with Ludicolo, no problem.
Since it doesn't need to take the extra Ice Beam, Ludicolo has an extra 43% from what it would be at (which would be at about in the upper 60%'s) and have enough to live Toxic Boost Quick Attack.

• 252Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose (Neutral) Close Combat vs 252HP/104Def Eviolite Gurdurr (Neutral): 21% - 25% (82 - 97 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO
  • 252Atk Toxic Boost poisoned Zangoose (Neutral) Facade vs 252HP/104Def Eviolite Gurdurr (Neutral): 56% - 67% (213 - 252 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO
  • 152Atk Guts Gurdurr (+Atk) Drain Punch vs 0HP/0Def Eviolite Zangoose (Neutral): 112% - 133% (324 - 384 HP). Guaranteed OHKO
  • 252Atk Toxic Boost Zangoose (Neutral) Quick Attack vs 0HP/0Def Ludicolo (Neutral): 40% - 47% (121 - 144 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO

http://pastebin.com/TdXF18Zt for the play by play

I think I have my calculations right. If I don't, then this doesn't work.

Frillish@Eviolite
Water Absorb
Calm Nature
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Substitute
-Protect
-Toxic
-Recover

Liepard@Leftovers
Prankster
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Substitute
-Protect
-Night Slash

So I'm basically trying to stall them out here. What I do depends on the situation. I'm in a rush, so I can't do a great explanation...

Samurott situation:
Switch in Frillish on a Water-type attack (Samurott will most likely use this because people like to use the most powerful move possible), and then use Toxic. Stall it out with Recover, Protect, and Substitute. Since Frillish is kinda light, Grass Knot won't do too much damage, and Ice Beam is resisted. Once Samurott is down, stall as long as possible using Frillish, and then bring in Liepard. It uses Fake Out, and then stalls with Prankster Protect and Substitute while Zangoose dies slowly due to Toxic.
Zangoose situation:
Switch in Liepard while Zangoose uses Swords Dance (argue all you want, any reasonable player would use this to prepare for a sweep...), and then use Fake Out. Then, alternate between Prankster Protect and Substitute while Zangoose dies to Poison. When Samurott is in, switch to Frillish on the Water-type move that it will most likely use, Toxic it, and stall with Sub and Protect. If Frillish goes down, bring in Liepard, use Fake Out, and then alternate with Sub and Protect again.

watashi

World Defender
I think I have my calculations right. If I don't, then this doesn't work.

Frillish@Eviolite
Water Absorb
Calm Nature
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Substitute
-Protect
-Toxic
-Recover

Liepard@Leftovers
Prankster
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Substitute
-Protect
-Night Slash

So I'm basically trying to stall them out here. What I do depends on the situation. I'm in a rush, so I can't do a great explanation...

Samurott situation:
Switch in Frillish on a Water-type attack (Samurott will most likely use this because people like to use the most powerful move possible), and then use Toxic. Stall it out with Recover, Protect, and Substitute. Since Frillish is kinda light, Grass Knot won't do too much damage, and Ice Beam is resisted. Once Samurott is down, stall as long as possible using Frillish, and then bring in Liepard. It uses Fake Out, and then stalls with Prankster Protect and Substitute while Zangoose dies slowly due to Toxic.
Zangoose situation:
Switch in Liepard while Zangoose uses Swords Dance (argue all you want, any reasonable player would use this to prepare for a sweep...), and then use Fake Out. Then, alternate between Prankster Protect and Substitute while Zangoose dies to Poison. When Samurott is in, switch to Frillish on the Water-type move that it will most likely use, Toxic it, and stall with Sub and Protect. If Frillish goes down, bring in Liepard, use Fake Out, and then alternate with Sub and Protect again.
Zangoose doesn't even have Swords Dance. You're always assuming the worst possible scenario. You can't switch either of those into Zangoose because Liepard dies to Close Combat white Frillish flat-out loses because it can't touch Zangoose outside of Protect spamming. If you send in Frillish first to preserve Liepards life in order to beat Zangoose, Samurott can still OHKO Liepard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)