dans art

Sorry for late reply (I was preparing for a 100 posts celebritory post on the scramble thread), but thanks very much for the avy. It's awesome! Thanks (again)!

You're going to want to start over with he head. The head is all sorts of messed up. You've already ignored that the spikes aren't the end of Gyarados's head segment, but instead they protrude from it. You've missed that Gyarados's nose wraps around the bottom of the spike and touches the eye, and that his lips are one smooth line from the upper jaw to the lower jaw. The spikes extend down to the jaw, and thus, would be at a perspective when facing the side like that. Treat the spikes like wooden blocks. You really need to pay closer attention to Gyarados's anatomy. I suggest drawing a skeleton as a base for all the segment shapes, and then going from there. Gyarados is a really really hard Pokemon to draw, so you really need to pay close attention to the way its shaped.

His backsprite helps demonstrate what I'm talking about. Although it cheats a little bit by having the fin block the spikes completely.

Looking at things from different perspectives can help you better grasp the shape of what you're drawing, so, good luck~

Getting closer, but still holds a lot of the same errors. What you still dont seem to notics is that his spikes are along his "cheek bone" and that there is head underneath them. His head also is kinda shaped like an aliens head (heh) so you should shorten the top. According to your reference, the gills seem to come from underneath the spikes, where the cheek bone thingy should be. Speaking of which, where is his cheek bone? Like I said, you need to draw a skeleton first and make sure you have all the space for all the details you need, then draw it out.

Thanks for the Sceptile!
And if you want, you could make me a Dusknoir using Pain Split on a Flygon?
I requested Ludicolo before, if you already did it, then that's ok as well.
I just can't get enough of your work. :3

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Still practicing on backgrounds and other stuff, but these requests sure help me out!
Dang Kepperino, you sure like my art =D

Here's that Dusknoir using Pain Split on Flygon. Still practicing effects, but you get the idea.

Ludicolo preparing an Ice Punch(Ice Punch was my idea)

And finally, Electivire vs Shiny Gyarados

I have a little recommendation for you. Have you tried to mess around with the opacity and flow when you are coloring? Opacity has a neat effect of making the paint you are applying seem a little see through, so the colors seem to blend. By messing around with those you can get different results from your coloring. Otherwise, excellent work! That last piece with Gyarados is excellent, very dynamic!

The special effects you've been using (specifically, the one on Ludicolo) is decreasing the readability of the image. Adding a bunch of blurred color doesn't really come off as a "special effect", something more like the last image looks more like a "special effect". I still think you should be spending a bit more time on some of your drawings, as they still come off as rushed and scribbly (and not intentionally stylistically so, more lazy-ish), and you still need to pay attention to the details of what you're drawing (although its getting better~), as you'll notice the way that you've portrayed Electivire makes him look really, really skinny. Another example is Flygon's egg shaped feet - his foot is actually at the end of the "egg" and not in the center where you have it (this is illustrated in the official artwork , as well as the Black and White back Sprite.

Your Gyarados ended up much better looking than the original, but it could be a lot better if you clean up your lines : )

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I was wondering where I can get the back sprites of Pokemon in B/W, so I ended up just guessing on the feet, or "leg" or whatever he has. With Electivire, I was trying to make him look a little more chunky as he is.
I'll work on the line clean-ups, as I do wish sometimes I don't leave huge gaps.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Meh, I'm still wondering a good program for effects. GIMP and SAI is all I got, because all cracked versions of PS suck. But yeah, thanks for the feedback.
How do you think I can clean my lines? More practice?

Well, cleaning up your lines can be made easier if you draw over a skeleton of a different color. Then you zoom in as you go along, using it as a sort of "base", letting you fix errors along the way and hopefully ending up with a much cleaner look than it originally had.

Pixel Artists (along with many other painters and forms of media) will also blot out colors (this is common in larger pieces like say this one, and I myself did it here) to help them get a basic shape before drawing over it, or will just blot out the colors of everything then refine it.

And yes, more practice and spending more time on drawings will result in cleaner lines : )

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
By Skeleton, I assume you mean a sketch-sort of.
Like with what I did for Gyara, I used a light blue for the body segments and head, and dark blue for the details.

If you would like more effects, take a look at Gimp paint studio. It's a free upgrade for GIMP made by this awesome artist. It comes with a bunch of really nice effect brushes and stuff like that.

By Skeleton, I assume you mean a sketch-sort of.
Like with what I did for Gyara, I used a light blue for the body segments and head, and dark blue for the details.
Yes, to an extent. You would be drawing the entire figure first, not just parts of it.

If you're looking for things you'd like to try out;
http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/
This blog is full of a bunch of useful drawing techniques and stylistic break downs, it's all a very entertaining read. Construction, Line of Action, Expression, and just generally reading about the styles he talks about and how he talks about them is, again, a fairly entertaining and informative read, and it gives plenty of helpful advice on how to better portray things to the audience.

Omg, I really love it!
Yes, I do actually love your work. :3
If you want me to make more requests to keep you busy, let me know. ;)
I guess I'll better give you a little break right now. :3

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus

Happy New Year Errbody! (I know it's not newyears YET, but, you know)
Hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Year!

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
haha, i love the smug look on zuruzukin's face. i really like your art, so keep it up.

also, happy new years to you too ^_^

If you feel like drawing again... :3
An Azelf taunting an Aerodactyl? :D

EDIT: I just noticed, your current requests says: 'Kepperino's Ludicolo and Dusknoir using Dark Pulse on Flygon(Done)'
Shouldn't that be 'Pain Split'? ;)

I must admit, after Electivire, I fell in love with your work too. =D
So if you wouldn't mind making me a Shiny Ninetales using Flamethrower on a Breloom?

Hey guys! Danmire here.
So, after a while I decided to post some of my art here. I draw quite a lot, and I some of my friends at school actually call me good. I've been taking Art classes for 5 years, and in 8th I took one more.
Real Pokemon? You got it. Fake-Pokemon? You got it. Ask away.
(For Fakemon requests, give me two types or one, and give me something to represent it as.

I use a Bamboo PC Tablet, along with Macromedia Flash MX, and other things. Enjoy.

I TAKE REQUESTS!(Fakemon or Real Pokemon)-
Current Requests:
Chocolate-Kipp-Mawile(Done)
Juice!-Ralts(Done)
Kepperino's Dragonite(Done)
Iggdrasil's Lucario(Done)
Tamama_Black's Jolteon(Done)
Magic Toaster's Toaster Rotom(Done)
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET's Sableye(Done)
TEA DEMON'S Porygon2 tracing Salamence's Intimidate(Done)
Kepperino's Sceptile using Leaf Blade on Umbreon(Done)
Rittercat's Purugly(Done)
Arcticblast's Badass Slowpoke(Done)
Kepperino's Ludicolo and Dusknoir using Dark Pulse on Flygon(Done)
Kennyboy's Electivire using Thunderpunch on Shiny Gyarados(Done)

Fakemon-
Steelosu(Sketch)
Steeloku(Sketch)
Steelrygon(Sketch)
Meteosis(Sketch)
Culuaxic(Sketch)
Flew
Fluis
Pollutu
Culuis(Pre-Evo of Culuaxic)
Rekuna
Ground/Dragon Head

Requests-
Kipp's Mawile
Juice!'s Ralts
Kepperino's Dragonite
Iggdrasil's Lucario
Tamama Black's Jolteon
Magic Toaster's Toaster Rotom
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET's Sableye
TEA DEMON'S Porygon2 tracing Salamence's Intimidate
Kepperino's Sceptile using LeafBlade on an Umbreon
Rittercat's Purugly
Articblast's Badass Slowpoke
Kepperino's Dusknoir using Pain Split on a Flygon
Kepperino's Ludicolo
Kennyboy's Electivire vs Gyarados

Sketches-
Fakemon Dark/Ghost
Sala-mire
Satanic Fakemon Doll

Completed Pokemon!
Golduck
Sandstorm Tyranitar
Zuruzukin
Shibirudon dodging with Levitate
Shandera w/ Shadow Tag
Erufuun using Taunt
Ninjask v/ Abomasnow
Swords Dance Weavile

More to come!
well, I love your work :) and I do have a nice request, uhm Kepperino is my friend and the flygon in your drawing with the pain split dusknoir is my flygon x), but my request is to draw a shiny lucario using close combat on a sceptile :) can you draw one for me plzz :) tnx anyway

I love your work and kepperino, a good friend of mine and a great battler, showed me ur drawings :) and I must say i'm impressed, so I have a little request for u :),, will u draw a shiny lucario using close combat on a sceptile plzz :) tnx anyway

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ninetales restraining a Hitmonchan mid-punch with its psychic powers please!

I'd like it to be witty if possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)