Deagle's Nat's War-story

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
EnFeugo, from talking to you and battling with you on PO, you seemed like a nice guy, I hold no ill will against you. However, VGC Player X (Amarillo Cabellero), you told me in one of your battles you hate Smogon/Smogonites in general. That doesn't exactly sound very much like your post to me.

Sorry for sidetracking your warstory, Deagle, and good luck at worlds.

Also I enjoyed the Mattj cheer too, meant to comment on that last time I posted. I was like "Awwwww :("

This is getting out of hand...

I really wish you would have talked to me... Anyone who had a conversation with me for more than 5 minutes realized the sarcasm I had in my voice the whole time. I never insulted anyone personally, I said I disliked the ducks as a whole. I said one of badintent's moves out loud. Mainly because I was shocked and I realized I lost the match after that. He told me to not say his moves and I quickly apologized and shut up the rest of the match(ask him). How could I be a sore loser? The 2 matches I lost, I told badintent to go and win the rest of his matches. I said nothing insulting to Alaka the whole time. I hung out with deagle for a few hours, but his assessment is obviously wrong of me because americandream heard word of mouth stories about me.

@OmegaDonut: Since you obviously don't remember our match, I apologized at the beginning of the match because I told you that I like to narrate the battles and sometimes I have sudden outburst of what moves people use. Not at all during the match did I make any comments about your team. I understand that you are upset that you lost (you were the 1 duck I got to beat), But going on the internet, trashing me, and making up stories makes you look like the sore loser, not me.

@kid who said I was going to bring a gun: Thanks for the best signature quote ever

I find it surprising that people who haven't even talked to me can go online and try and bash me. I went to win, not win a popularity contest. I had conversations with people who obviously knew I was joking (such as skarm and TTS; but they are probably going to come on here and bash me now).

The rest of this argument is going to be my word versus the word of others. Now if you are going to listen to people talk trash about me atleast make it the people who have actually talked to me, and not those who dislike me just because I said I rival the ducks.

Look, I'm completely willing to admit that I, for one, had very little direct contact with you(other than you being distracting enough that even I noticed the BadIntent thing. And I may not be a sarcasmologist, but I've been known to be just a touch sarcastic myself, at least enough that I normally know it when I see it, and I wasn't sensing much sarcasm there. Not any more than, like, sarcastically stealing candy from a small child or whatever(</hyperbole>)). "Sarcasm" or no, what I really take exception to are the character assaults you're throwing out here.

I know you're probably just pissed you're getting ragged on on our forums(which is understandable, even if I think you deserve it), but the stuff about Donut in particular is completely ridiculous. I don't know him super well beyond limited contact the last like 8 years online and hanging with him last weekend, but he's always been a good guy and he's not someone I think would just be making a bunch of stupid shit up. I trust him, and I think trying to play the "random lies! I swear!" card is pretty pathetic on your part. I'm not sure what preemptively apologizing and then doing what you're apologizing for anyway even accomplishes? but I can definitely understand him being annoyed at what you apparently were doing(especially if it gave information to the people around you guys). Regardless, I find it hard to believe he was "making up stories." And as you can see by this thread, I'm pretty sure he's not the one anyone thinks "looks like a loser." But while we're giving each other behavioral advice, you might want to stop trying to make other people look like the instigator and man up for what you've said and done the past few days, amigo.

Also nothing insulting to Alaka, eh? Or just nothing insulting in person? Weren't you the one who was ripping on his shirt?

Since you mentioned him, I know TTS said he barely even talked to you and didn't get a feel for you either way, and I doubt Skarm saw things much differently - do you really think "we" didn't talk? It's not like tad just "heard stories," everything he wrote is common knowledge among those of us who were on the floor. I don't really understand this whole persecution complex you seem to have, but I find it really hard to believe anyone just made up stories because you said you "rival the ducks," as though it's new and original that there's someone who doesn't enjoy the Smogon in-groups. But yes, I guess it is just your word vs. the word of everyone else who was there.

Sorry for sidetracking your warstory, Deagle, and
Look, I'm completely willing to admit that I, for one, had very little direct contact with you(other than you being distracting enough that even I noticed the BadIntent thing. And I may not be a sarcasmologist, but I've been known to be just a touch sarcastic myself, at least enough that I normally know it when I see it, and I wasn't sensing much sarcasm there. Not any more than, like, sarcastically stealing candy from a small child or whatever(</hyperbole>)). "Sarcasm" or no, what I really take exception to are the character assaults you're throwing out here.

I know you're probably just pissed you're getting ragged on on our forums(which is understandable, even if I think you deserve it), but the stuff about Donut in particular is completely ridiculous. I don't know him super well beyond limited contact the last like 8 years online and hanging with him last weekend, but he's always been a good guy and he's not someone I think would just be making a bunch of stupid shit up. I trust him, and I think trying to play the "random lies! I swear!" card is pretty pathetic on your part. I'm not sure what preemptively apologizing and then doing what you're apologizing for anyway even accomplishes? but I can definitely understand him being annoyed at what you apparently were doing(especially if it gave information to the people around you guys). Regardless, I find it hard to believe he was "making up stories." And as you can see by this thread, I'm pretty sure he's not the one anyone thinks "looks like a loser." But while we're giving each other behavioral advice, you might want to stop trying to make other people look like the instigator and man up for what you've said and done the past few days, amigo.

Also nothing insulting to Alaka, eh? Or just nothing insulting in person? Weren't you the one who was ripping on his shirt?

Since you mentioned him, I know TTS said he barely even talked to you and didn't get a feel for you either way, and I doubt Skarm saw things much differently - do you really think "we" didn't talk? It's not like tad just "heard stories," everything he wrote is common knowledge among those of us who were on the floor. I don't really understand this whole persecution complex you seem to have, but I find it really hard to believe anyone just made up stories because you said you "rival the ducks," as though it's new and original that there's someone who doesn't enjoy the Smogon in-groups. But yes, I guess it is just your word vs. the word of everyone else who was there.
I never insulted alaka's shirt. I told him I liked his shirt while we were standing in the top 16 picture. Who said I didn't like his shirt?

I never said anything about donut's team the entire match. I doubt anyone heard what move I said during the badintent match besides the 2 others sitting at the table. (I doubt anyone even knows what move I said)

EnFeugo, from talking to you and battling with you on PO, you seemed like a nice guy, I hold no ill will against you. However, VGC Player X (Amarillo Cabellero), you told me in one of your battles you hate Smogon/Smogonites in general. That doesn't exactly sound very much like your post to me.
Did I really say that? I don't believe I would have used the word Hate. I don't hate the people here. I dislike the general attitudes I have seen in the forums. Especially how unforgiving it seems to be to weaker players. If I really said that, I'm sorry, it isn't how I actually feel. Regardless, after all this flaming I'm getting, perhaps a chunk of it is my fault, I'm deleting my account since I never really intended to join anyway.

Once I figure out how to delete my account...

I never insulted alaka's shirt. I told him I liked his shirt while we were standing in the top 16 picture. Who said I didn't like his shirt?

I never said anything about donut's team the entire match. I doubt anyone heard what move I said during the badintent match besides the 2 others sitting at the table. (I doubt anyone even knows what move I said)
Now you're accusing Len of lying. He told OmegaDonut, Tyler, Cybertron, ImaWario, Duy, and I on saturday night that you told him that you hated his shirt, and that the only shirt you hated more was the ducks shirt. Don't try to back out of what you said or act innocent, just admit that you were being a dick and leave it at that. You can apologize if you want, but I will withold any forgiveness until I see a change in behavior myself.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm willing to chalk what I said up to plasticity of memory, maybe I was (subconsciously) inclined to paint EnFuego as more of a bad guy than he really was because I was pissed off at myself for losing and not switching up my team beforehand, not to mention it felt like I was being taunted every turn. Put that together with reports of him yelling out BadIntent's team and my mind goes "oh yeah, he probably really did yell out things like "yup, Togekiss uses Follow Me" or whatever.

I think the most apt description I can think of would be "sore winner". Maybe just "sore competitor". In our match, it was as if he didn't stop talking about how awesome he was - how he remembered my team ("Got a mind like a steel trap!"), how he predicted what move I used each turn. I was afraid to tell him to stop for fear that he'd just try and talk even more to piss me off. Most of us know better - we either shut up and let our opponent concentrate, compliment them on their team or moves, or just give them some breathing room to curse Lady Luck for screwing them over, without patronizing them by telling them "relax, it's just a game". It may not seem like much of a crime, but it makes a huge difference on how people decide to categorize you as "friendly guy" or "douche", and whether people will stick up for you.

EnFuego just didn't show good competitor etiquette, both in and out of battle, and he was ostracized pretty quickly. It could be forgiven, if he mends his ways and gives it some time.

VGC Player X: I know it feels like leaving Smogon is the best thing to do now, but give it some time, maybe by next year or even Worlds all of this will have cooled down and it'll be mostly forgotten. Besides, every VGC so far we've been trounced by Japan. If North America is going to win it for once we need to forget our differences. I have no doubt that, even if it's EnFuego facing a Japanese opponent in the finals, most of Smogon will be cheering for him.

Again, Deagle, I'm really sorry we're hijacking your warstory. I'm not sure we can stop hijacking it at this juncture, though.

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
I know you guys apologized for posting all of that in this thread, but like it isn't even relevant to my topic, at all. If you have beef with EnFuego, then pm him or something. Anyways um when he told me about yelling out moves the ducks used, I thought he was joking, like joking about that is what he should do. If he stopped after you guys told him to I don't see the problem. And now I am going on about EnFuego when this topic is kind of a side issue.

Well I just think you guys, like I have with other people many times, have always wanted someone to hate or take your anger out when you lose, because it is so easy to do that especially when you barely know the person and how quickly rumors get spread and how many people agree with you when you say someone else is a bad person.

You guys are getting really petty over something so minor, just because you don't like EnFuego as a person. Half of you people haven't even talked to him or given him a chance to explain himself, even though I think some of his actions weren't really appropriate. But half of my actions weren't appropriate either, and they usually aren't even single day but no one is attacking me.

You guys are just looking for someone each year to as a person to take your anger out on either because you are sore from losing, misunderstood him, or just got bored waiting around so long at indy and not doing much when there wasn't pokemon battles. I kind of got petty with how I thought of Alaka was a bad person, but I am willing to forget that now and I realize I just wanted to pick a fight with someone and then exaggerate their actions so justify it. Either way, let's move on from the people bashing in this thread now, and I am going to add pictures to it that I am stealing from Skarm's Facebook.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Did I really say that? I don't believe I would have used the word Hate. I don't hate the people here. I dislike the general attitudes I have seen in the forums. Especially how unforgiving it seems to be to weaker players. If I really said that, I'm sorry, it isn't how I actually feel. Regardless, after all this flaming I'm getting, perhaps a chunk of it is my fault, I'm deleting my account since I never really intended to join anyway.
Smogon has never condoned hacking and never likely will as a community. It did annoy me that you kept saying it did - especially when you were trying to champion an off-shoot community as "hacker-free" as they were mass PokeSaving Pokemon on their IRC channel the night before every regional. I'm not a big fan of PokeSav but I've made my peace with it - especially now as we can RNG it all anyway. It did annoy me that you were accusing us all of hacking when just a few nights before I was frantically growing berries to re-EV my Pokemon manually and used a different nature / EV spread than optimal because I didn't have time to change it.

As for what I just bolded, I disagree heavily with that. There is a tutoring program. There are Rate My Team threads. I never felt mistreated when I was new here. Smogon differs from some other boards in that it's very much a no-bullshit type of forum. It's clique-y to be sure and it comes off at elitist, but people join the site all the time and the ones who lurk and read before posting all seem to get on fine.

Now the real problem is you said "weaker" instead of "newer". There is absolutely no mistreatment of "weaker" players here. Considering some of the people don't even play Pokemon anymore, it's hard to say it is. I'm really not the best player in the world and I get along fine with everyone here.

I said it a few nights ago to I think MattJ but I really don't give a shit how good someone is at Pokemon. That has nothing to do with their social skills and how I interact with them.

[...]
You guys are just looking for someone each year to as a person to take your anger out on either because you are sore from losing, misunderstood him, or just got bored waiting around so long at indy and not doing much when there wasn't pokemon battles. I kind of got petty with how I thought of Alaka was a bad person, but I am willing to forget that now and I realize I just wanted to pick a fight with someone and then exaggerate their actions so justify it. Either way, let's move on from the people bashing in this thread now, and I am going to add pictures to it that I am stealing from Skarm's Facebook.
This is another post misunderstanding things. Many of the people posting did not really come here to win it all. Judging by photos and videos, they did not get bored watching. Pokemon isn't the reason they're mad so much as how the guy (apparently - I'm going by the word of people who I've known for years rather than dude I just played Pokemans with online a few times) behaved himself as a human being.

Okay last comment and then I probably won't come back to smogon. Apologies to deagle

Now you're accusing Len of lying. He told OmegaDonut, Tyler, Cybertron, ImaWario, Duy, and I on saturday night that you told him that you hated his shirt, and that the only shirt you hated more was the ducks shirt. Don't try to back out of what you said or act innocent, just admit that you were being a dick and leave it at that. You can apologize if you want, but I will withold any forgiveness until I see a change in behavior myself.
I guess it could have been a misunderstanding about the shirt. I asked alaka if he was a duck and he said he could be if he wanted to. I then said good you don't have to wear one of their stupid shirts. He then replied, "You don't like my shirt?" I said that I did like his shirt and that I dislike ducks shirts. This was all while we were taking the top 16 pictures.

@Omega: When I saw your game name I immediately thought "Oh shit, he is good." You said you knew my team but, I had very little idea what your team was. So I started talking shit about how I remembered your team to try and make you mess up. As I said previously, I wasn't there to make friends; I was trying to win each match. So you can hate me if you want, but from what I see talking smack is a part of Pokemon. No hard feelings.
BTW could you have countered my team if you wanted to?

Anyways you kids can hate me if you want to. Just hate me because of my personality and that I play to win; not because of stuff that I apparently did.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We play to win. We just aren't douchebags about it. As you say, you are a douchebag and it should come as no surprise people don't like that. Talking smack between friends is different from talking shit to someone you don't know. Trash talk is hardly a "playing to win" strategy. How you behaved around other people is how they're judging you and it's good to know you at least accept that you're a purposefully anti-social dick who deserves the heat he's getting.

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
Well I guess what I say doesn't mean anything to people like FireStorm that won't drop their petty hatred over a instance he wasn't even in Indianapolis to see. Even if EnFuego did something really really severe, you don't need to go on and on about it so much, especially after I told everyone to drop it and talk to him separately if they want to continue the discussion. I would debate everything firestorm said and probably some of enfuego's but then I would be instigating another debate over something pointless.

Firestorm

Nothing in my last posts refers to an instance at Indianapolis. All of is based on what he himself stated in his last post.

Also, I'm pretty sure the "S" in my username isn't capitalized.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Everyone just needs to let it go and move on. Stop ruining Deagle's story thread, this is supposed to be a remembrance of a fun weekend.

Best of luck at worlds, you better stay away from that hax, ya' hear! You are one of my best bets on Worlds other than those Japanese, but for the people representing America and Smogon I really hope you do well.

Good luck at Worlds! (this is AppropriateUserName from PO if you remember) Your team fucking crushed mine so I wouldn't be suprised if you make it all the way to the gold. :pimp:

DEAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess you really are a beast at this after all! i'm just going to enjoy my self for those 3 times i beat you on p-o you better win worlds lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)