Double Alias Mafia - Game Over! The Core wins!

Day 6 is over.

You insist Bass is dirty, and confront him with shampoo. He walks backward. "Not shampoo. You have no idea what you are doing..."

"What are you, a coward?" you say. Suddenly you are thrown back, as if by an invisible sumo wrestler.

"DON'T CALL ME A COWARD!" the pale man says furiously. But in this moment of outburst, he let his guard down, and then suddenly you hear the sound of metal through flash, as well as a scream. ALLLAAAAH!

RB Golbat had stabbed through his heart with his dagger.

You are Severus Snape. You are aligned with the Core.

You are one of the most skilled teachers at Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, and your specialities include Legilimency, Occlumency, Potions and, most interestingly, the Dark Arts. As usual, it is your job to make sure nobody knows on which side you stand in this conflict.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Backstabbing USER. You will get on the good side of your target, and make sure he trusts you. If your target dies during the night, you will get to know his or her alternate alias, if he has any.

To properly infiltrate the Rest, you have the following "fake" ability: at night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Putting USER in detention. Your target will be told he is spending the following day in your office, unable to speak publically. However, this ability doesn't do anything other than giving them this message. I SAID DON'T CALL ME A COWARD!

Every member of the Core has a different way of disposing of enemies, but to avoid unneeded attention, only birdshit of you will be able to murder every night. If this honor falls onto you, you will drown your target in a kettle full of a potion called Draught of Living Death, killing them.

You can use as many abilities during the night as you like.

You win if the Core wins.

It seems the teacher had left one cauldron of Draught of Living Death. You decide to throw it at Monopoly Air. It goes right through him though.

"MUAHAHAHAHA! Go away, go away..." he taunts. As RB Golbat lunges for another assault, he suddenly vanish.

"You'll need a Silph Scope for that kind of trick, silly man!" the mysterious man says. "But since none of you have any, I think I will just haunt some other place. Don't worry though, I'll still be around."

fewhuiofewhiuf3felkf
cjnkiewjqj2
chechcehewhwfewefhiuewhewuihui3ffsevvde
cheececUYSErhshuiewheiuewwe
bzzzzzzzzzzzt

You ask RB Golbat why he suddenly interfered.

"Well, I just got a message that my terrorist license is about to expire. Let's just say me and Class won't be of any use after Day 7."

How many more Core members do you have to dispose of? What happened to this mysterious creature? And why does Severus Snape have such an adversion for Shampoo? You might find out later...

Night 7 lasts until Tuesday, January 19th, 20:00 GMT+1.

Night 7 is over.

"There's...something in your eye."

You wake up to your clone standing in a I'm-gonna-kiss-the-Sleeping-Beauty stance.

"Oh..." he says dramatically. "It was just a sparkle."

At breakfast, you read about yet another wet and bruised body. It seems jumpluff's life has come to an abrupt end, at last. Upon seeing the picture, your clone goes "Wow, is she Skittles? Then I'd like to taste the rainbow!"

You are Animal. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are the volatile drummer of Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem. Your vocabulary is generally limited to guttural shouts and monosyllabic grunts, often parroting phrases spoken by those around you. During performances, you are often chained to your drum set, as your musical outbursts can be extremely violent.

At night, you may PM us with NIGHT X ANIMAL PLAY DRUMS FOR USER. Because your drum playing is so loud, your target will have to shout for others to hear it. If your target does not vote in all capitals, his vote will not count at all. Your target will not be directly notified about the drumming, but there will be a hint of it in the update.

Also, during the day, when you cast your vote to lynch in the Smogon thread, it must be in all capitals followed by at least 2 exclamation points, because after all, we need to give off the appearance that you’re yelling.

You win if the Rest win.

jumpluff was obviously London.

When you want to see if there are any other deaths on television, the damn thing won't work. Nor does your radio or lamp. You check if the solar panels on your roof are still functioning, but they are missing. Your neighbour informs you that they jumped out of a window due to their stocks not doing too well. How are you going to watch television without Solar Power? ("Are you television? Because I could watch you all day!" says your clone to the neighbour)

You are Pope Benedict XVI. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are the current head of Vatican City, and the holiest man of all those involved in the Catholic religion. Your exact occupations are pretty vague, but you do have the power of beatification. Which pretty much means blessing.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Blessing USER1 and USER2. If USER2 is completely eliminated during the night, USER1 will have their abilities overwritten with USER2's. You cannot bless yourself, and once you have successfully saved someone's rule using your blessing ability, you will no longer be able to use it.

You win if the Rest win.

They've found an aquarium in the vatican. The Pope was powered by Flounder.

It also seems zerowing was on the way to destruction, as he's been overridden by several trucks. I did predict he was foolish enough to do so in my Day 4 update. He was cute though...if he was a fingernail, he would be my middle one.

You are the Mail Man. You are aligned with the Rest.

Rodrigo: u have mail man ?
Camp Kmart: yes he delivers my state journal promptly every morning
Rodrigo: hey
Rodrigo: xD
Rodrigo: gave me your mail
Camp Kmart: he did?
Camp Kmart: god he doesn't respect my privacy does he ._.
Rodrigo: it stops to joke and gave me your email
Camp Kmart: yeah after he delivers my paper he usually stops to tell a few jokes
Camp Kmart: how the fuck did he know my email though
Camp Kmart: and why did he give it to you
Rodrigo: oh
Rodrigo: only i want your mail man xD

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Stopping to joke and gave USER's mail. Nobody has a clue what Rodrigo meant when he said that, and neither do you. You cannot use this role on yourself, and you cannot idle it.

You win if the Rest win.

You look for a fourth corpse, but there's none to be found!

It is now Day 7. You have until Tuesday, January 19th, 20:00 GMT+1 to come up with a lynch target on both forums.

If anyone has access to the village spreadsheet (is there one?) please contact me. I am the Rest's hooker and was working with jumpluff before she died. She pm'ed me a few potential lynch targets for today, but I'm still missing some information on anonymous aliases.

Alright, we're going to lynch Outlaw and Cape Town. Outlaw's role pm is almost certainly fake and was jumpluff's planned smogon lynch target for today. Cape Town attempted to stealth lynch yesterday and is probably mafia as well.

RBG/Class, you should also vote so the mafia cannot overturn this since you're dieing at the end of the day anyways.

lynch Outlaw

If my PM is fake then Mekkah is trolling me. I've made it obvious to everyone on IRC that I haven't been doing anything but having fun making people speak racial epitaphs. So fuck you lesm. I hope the core kill you next. And if you are core, then fuck you for not saving me for last.

I apologize if you really are a member of the Rest. We don't have an inspector so there's not a lot of information to go on, and your role seems the most likely to be fake at this point. I can understand Mekkah adding a role like yours on the village, but the win condition makes no sense and your claimed ability is very similar to Bass and Paris's fake abilities. Everyone else has at least proved his role to some extent either with night results or by providing a pm when one of their aliases died.

In any case we can't afford to fully lynch someone who has a small chance of being clean, which is why I'm not lynching your anonymous alias.

Majority has been reached on both counts. Day 7 is over.

You and your clone point towards Outlaw and Cape Town. Nobody disagrees, except the convicts themselves. Some voice their agreement, others stay silent. A lynch is a lynch.

RB Golbat runs towards the unfortunate Outlaw and pulls the ripcord of his explosive triggers. "ALLLAAAAAAAH!" Everyone else ducks to stay out of the flame range.

When you look up again, nothing remains of the two, except one piece of paper.

You are Adolf Hitler. You are aligned with the Rest.

What is there to say about Hitler? He hates jews.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Brainwashing USER into spreading propaganda. In the main body, you may write a message of up to three sentences. These must be in German. It may not contain any Smogon or anonymous names. Your target will be forced to post it during the next day, or else be exported to a concentration camp, killing them.

You win if the Rest win and there are no jews left in the game.
"WAIT! WAIT! Something is wrong!" you shout, but then you notice that Lesm46 raises his hand and forces you towards Cape Town and Class.

"It's time for some CHANGE!" says Jimbo, as he triggers the explosives on Class from a distance. The last thing you see is Cape Town's role PM...you never finished reading it.

You are MissingNo. You are aligned with yourself.

Some say you are a Kangaskhan baby. Some say you are a Gyarados evolution.
Some say you are found in the Safari Zone. Some say you live under a truck in the Vermillion City docks.
Some say your goal was to be a test Pokémon. Some say you were an April Fools Joke by one of the developers.

None of this is true. You are a result of bad programming, of mismatched RNs and calculations. Like a twisted experiment, an unborn baby, a ghost haunting players...your only purpose is to destroy everyone and corrupt their cartridges.

There are various forms of you. Three, to be precise.
M', also known as Cape Town, an anonymous account
Z4, also known as Monopoly Air, an anonymous account
MissingNo., also known as porygon3, your Smogon alias

Each of these have various powers that you can use.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Sky Attack and Water Gun USER. You will fly up in the air, then make a nosedive towards them while spouting water at them under extreme pressure, killing them. M' will be considered the executioner of this ability.

In addition, you may send a PM entitled PM entitled Night X - Super Glitch USER. You will change your target's name to "TM Trainer" followed by the name of a random Pokémon, and make their HP rise to ridiculous proportions, causing their HP bar to stretch and wrap around the screen. It will display that they are poisoned, but the game will state that they are frozen solid, followed by them being hurt by a burn. This burn will slowly deplete all their health, causing their giant HP bar to loop several times before all their HP is depleted, killing them. Z4 will be considered the executioner of this ability.

In addition, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Investigate ALLIANCE's save data, where ALLIANCE is either the Core or the Rest. With the help of your accomplice in Viridian City, who goes by the codename "Coffee Man", you will copy the targeted alliance's inspect results (if they have any) and see them for yourself.

If M' or Z4 choose not to use their abilities at night while they are alive, and MissingNo is alive, they will be unable to get lynched the next day. If either of them would be outvoted at the day, there will be no lynch instead.

Your final ability can be used with Night X - Corrupting Mekkah's laptop. You will enter my computer through the internet and slightly change some flavor about the update. You are not able to edit anything involving role PMs, aliases, names, kill flavor or some other parts, but minor jokes or anonymous announcements are allowed. Contact me for exact limitations on this ability. It is intended to give you false claim material.

Upon the death of one of your aliases, instead of your role PM, a bunch of corrupted data will be shown. Any roles targeting one of your accounts that attempt to find out alternate accounts you might have will fail.

You might get an ally in this conflict sometime, but you likely will not get him until the end of Night 3, and it's possible he will not join you at all. Be ready for it.

You win if the Core and the Rest both lose.
With no one left to keep them in check, Jimbo and Luxury Tax, as well as Lesm46 and his alter ego Monopoly Rail rise up and wipe out the remnants of the Rest.

The Core is victorious over the Rest.
Congratulations to Accent, Bass, Jimbo, Lesm46 and LonelyNess!

Double Alias Mafia Postgame

Info

Master Spreadsheet
Admin Forum

The Game Flow

The initial Night 1 skirmish made it look pretty bad for the Core: they wasted their one-time superkill on moi, and Paris was killed. But the chaos that ensued for the village got them off the hook pretty easily: several people started collecting claims, and most of them were unsuccessfull. Day 1 had a stealth lynch on the village resurrector as well as the Monopoly Space lynch, which caused twash to gather claims, and with great success. He made the crucial error of trusting Accent though, giving the mafia a 90% full spreadsheet during Night 2. Accent misguided twash for a bit, and soon they only had one missing piece of their puzzle: the Cape Town alias that Jimbo claimed to be, but obviously wasn't.

Accent ended up being lynched, and soon after that twash was killed, though he gave shade access to his forum just in time, who in turn gave it to Lightwolf just to preserve it in case he'd die. porygon3 was inspected, which started the Tug-o-War between Core and Rest about who he was going to kill for. It looked like they were going to make it together, but they were unexpectedly double-murdered by porygon3 and the Core working together. jumpluff took over and again was cutting it awfully close, but did not have the information the previous leaders did. She was targeted for a kill which dak reverse martyred, and then killed again.

porygon3 kept working with the Core, seeing as the Rest still had enormous numbers to crumble, though he was inevitably lynched step by step, with his final alias dying on Judgement Day 7 even though village did not know it was his (they were under the impression it was Jimbo). Lesm steered the last lynch in the right (wrong?) directions.

Balance shift notes I made up until Night 5. You might wanna read them.

n1: Jimbo's alias died and the one time kill was totally wasted on moi, who joined the village
d1, n2, d2: village fiascos with important roles like vig and bg dying, and not a single mafia casualty
n3: almost everyone has claimed alias by now, so mafia concluded Cape Town was wolf/npc, while shade inspected porygon3 (changed to bass, but back to porygon3)
d3: At first, the kids want to lynch porygon3, who had claimed (though leaving off parts about his other alias and his other kill), which the Core happily go along with. Ashley changes the lynch target a million times, but ends up removing Accent from his subforum and calling for a double lynch on him. I miss one majority which causes Accent to only die once, cleaning him, but then rectify my mistake and he is exposed, which in turn puts LonelyNess in a position of peril. Wolf contacts Core and claims his other kill, which the Core guess (but aren't sure of) later.
n4: porygon3 was pressured by both sides, but he didn't know the mafia knew both of his aliases and kills, so he killed both a mafia and a villager. ashley was offed, but he gave shade access to his forum before that. amelia the vig was offed as well as the last remains of the bodyguards.
d4: lonelyness was lynched as he was the killed mafia and his alias was now known, but otherwise no good targets were there, so they lynched agape's alias, which turned up clean. shade gave lightwolf access to ashley's forum just in case he died but...
n5: shade and lightwolf were obliterated by a wolf/mafia cooperation, effectively killing the village info archive.

Individual Player and Role Comments

Sorted in order of complete elimination. I don't believe in ratings out of ten, I think it's pretty clear how people played from comments alone.

22. Phantasia (lynched Day 1) - Shanghai (killed Night 1) - Resurrector

You are J.K. Rowling. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are the writer of the Harry Potter series, which makes you a rich woman indeed. The last part, The Deadly Hallows, was somewhat controversial though, due to the numerous plot devices involved.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Writing Plot Device so that USER is not actually dead. USER must be a dead player. You will rewrite the part of this game where this person died, bringing them back to life again. This does not change anything about other events in the game, as your fans would not buy that. You can only make one plot device in the game, so make it count.

You may only resurrect players who still have part of them alive in the game, unless one of your own aliases is dead. By the way, this role PM could have some spoilers.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: I wanted resurrector in as one of the village's power roles, and toy with the half/whole dead factor. This is the result.

Player: Poor guy got double randed before he could ever use his ability. Killed n1 by the Core, and then dak decided to have him lynched for the sake of lynching just hours before deadline, giving him no chance to claim when that could have saved him.

24. Gmax (killed Night 1) - Taipei (killed Night 2) - Spreadsheet Inspector

You are Board James. You are aligned with the Rest.

What does James do when he is bored? He plays board games! In this game, you will be playing a game of battleships. Because you're that bored.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Guessing Y#, where Y is any letter and # is any number. You will get the results of your guess at the end of the night.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: The Core guessed it before Gmax could (but LonelyNess told him) - his result were whatever was in that cell on my Master Sheet. One of my favourite inventions, it looks like a troll role at first but actually has the potential to reveal a lot. During the game I was extremely afraid that Gmax would find the wolf, since he's listed first on my sheet. But all he could find before he got killed was the word "Alliance". Heh. His night 2 result would have been "the Rest", which still wouldn't have helped much.

Player: The first Smogon name casualty, Bass got revenge at last. He desperately tried to gather claims, but was hindered by the fact that everyone was suspicious of everyone. I presume this was because of the warning not to trust anyone...worked better than I expected. The Core spread some distrust on him, as well, but nonetheless found themselves pressured when interrogated! Was backstabbed by Snape while killed, so the Core always knew his second alias and disposed of him as soon as they could, both for player and role reasons.

4. moi (killed Night 1) - Toronto (lynched Day 2) - Neutral Man

You are Genpei Yukoi. You are aligned with Intelligent Systems.

You are the foreman of one of the biggest troll groups in gaming history. Some of your company's decisions when it comes to gaming design make no sense whatsoever. In this game, too, you will be trolling all the other players.

You have no night role or workable win condition at the moment. However, this may change in the future. More specifically, your win condition changes the moment one of your aliases is killed. In what way depends on how your alias dies.

If one of your aliases is lynched, your win condition becomes: You win if the Rest lose.
If one of your aliases is killed, your win condition becomes: You win if the Rest win.

There may be other possible ways of your win condition changing, but I cannot disclose them. However, you know you have to hurry up, as taking too long will ruin your trolling momentum.

Do note that if you break any fundamental rules, such as pasting your role PM during Night 1, both of your aliases will be godkilled and your win condition will become "You win if you survive and the Olympians win Apocalypse Mafia".

To speed up the process of changing your win condition, if your alliance and/or win condition is ever inspected, your role PM will not be disclosed, but they will be told you win if the inspector's party loses.

You win if you can obtain a new win condition and fulfill that win condition.
Role: This is pretty much a twin in Double Alias flavor. He could literally go every way. If he was godkilled through some legit way (like being persuaded by Hitler, then not posting the phrase), he would get "You win if the Rest and the Core both lose." and learn the wolf's name. The same would happen if both his aliases stayed alive until Night 3.

His abilities upon death would vary as well. For joining the wolf, he would just become his fourth (!) alias with no real extra abilities. For the "you win if the Rest lose" win condition, he would have gained tracker/watcher combo (targets one person, and learns who he targets and who targets him). This was by far his best ability, because he would have a much harder time finding allies under that one. His village version was pretty weak: he could only re-use the completely eliminated Animal, Harry Belafonte, Mail Man, Gandalf, the three duckling cousins, Hitler, Board James, Oliver, and Osama could blow him up (as he could also copy a dead Achmed or some other kind of terrorist).

The miller part was just to help him get killed and to create a nice opposite to his Viva role.

Player: He needed no help getting killed, apparently. He just posted EVERYONE CLAIM TO ME IM INSPECTOR n1, which prompted the Core to use their one time Commander Keen stungun kill on him (which only works on people who ask the village to contact him). What a waste. Then he got his alias randomly lynched day 2, presumably while he wasn't paying attention. So I'd say moi half failed, half succeeded.

11. askaninjask (killed Night 2) - Community Chest (killed Night 3) - Bodyguard 1

You are Ash Ketchum. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are a young boy aspiring to be a Pokémon Master. Even though nearly every episode you star in has the same plot, you and Pikachu never stop enjoying yourselves.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - USER, I challenge you to a Pokémon Battle! You will have a six on six Pokémon match with your target, which will last all night, rendering them unable to be killed.

However, you also know there could be other, rivaling trainers out there. You know what Pokémon trainers do when they meet eyes, though!

You win if the Rest win.
Role: One of the bodyguard mindfuck duo. Ash and Gary were both village bodyguards, but obviously they were going to be distrusted since both were claiming pretty much the same thing. And to make matters worse, both were told they could protect without any issues, which wasn't entirely true...whichever one sent in their target last would fail, and if either of their aliases died, they would not be able to battle anymore. They could avert both of these issues just by one of them battling the other, which turned both into normal bodyguards. I guess the hint about battling other trainers was too subtle, or taken the wrong way...LonelyNess thought them battling each other would kill them, lol.

Player: Claimed to Ashley, which caused him to get killed for his role by the Core. His second alias was actually double targeted by wolf and Core. Really not the fault of his own play but the rest of the village...difficult role to figure out, too.

8. Accent (lynched Day 3) - Free Parking (lynched Day 3) - Death Mole / Food Collector

You are Mark Knopfler. You are aligned with the Core.

You are the lead singer and vocalist of now disbanded Dire Straits. Your guitar play is terrific and you own about 70 guitars now.

During Night 1, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Playing Your Latest Trick. In the main body, you may write a fake role PM, which will be shown instead of your real role PM when one of your aliases dies. I don't know how this happened, since it all happened so quick. However, if your other alias dies as well, your real role PM will be shown.

To properly infiltrate the Rest, you have the following "fake" ability: at the start of Night 1, everyone will be asked to include their favourite food in their Night PM. You will receive a list of every player's favourite food at the end of Night 1.

Every member of the Core has a different way of disposing of enemies, but to avoid unneeded attention, only two of you will be able to murder every night. If this honor falls onto you, you will smash your target's head in with one of your old guitars, killing them. You may not kill more than 70 times during this game.

Role: The role I was talking about when I said "the hosts will flat out lie to you", besides more minor things like the fake abilities some evil guys had, and maybe things like the double village bodyguard and Michael Blomkvist's inspect results going elsewhere. This was my safety mechanic against people being cleaned through a single alias dying. I don't think this role has to be justified: anyone who thought it'd be this simple to clean people had it coming.

Player: A no-brainer for MVP in about any category. twash let him into his forum only because he proved to have his food ability (which had kind of a lack of response, oh well), which gave him pretty much every single claim in the game. The Core spreadsheet was doubled in contents that night. This was when the balance started shifting from "the Core wasted their one time kill to make the neutral go to the Rest" to "wow can we please lynch at least ONE evil guy?". It allowed the Core to pick off the most important roles at night, and direct lynches away from themselves at daytime. twash started distrusting him at some point though, removed him from his forums, though kept feeding him info until a little later where he declared a double lynch on him. Accent *stared* like in Poké Mafia, but ended up having a prayer of survival when I missed one of the two majorities at first and only showed his fake PM. I rectified it later, though, which dampened his spirits quite a bit. He kept helping his team with planning which was crucial since LonelyNess died soon thereafter and he seemed to have a better idea what he was doing than the others. Also, he was constantly paranoid about hidden mafia factions, saw neutrals and wolves in several players, including but not limited to villagers like jumpluff and Amelia, but also teammates like Lesm and LonelyNess.

14. Ashley (killed Night 4) - Monopoly Space (lynched Day 1) - Vigilante Ammo

You are Achmed, the Dead Terrorist. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are but a puppet of the ventriloquist Jeff Dunham, though easily the fan favourite. In his sketches, you claim to be a suicidal terrorist who has issues with premature detonation.

You have a night role, but you cannot use it. There is only one person who can. To use your night role, this someone must send a PM entitled Night X - Making USER1 crash an airplane into USER2, where USER1 must be either your Smogon or anonymous alias, and USER2 can be anyone. Both users named will die in a terrorist attack. And remember, location, location, location.

In every post you make in the Smogon thread, you must threaten other users to be quiet under the threat of death, or use any quote from Jeff Dunham sketches. If you fail to comply, your explosives might blow up prematurely.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: Just some ammo to get Osama bin Laden started, except without the disadvantages of not being able to talk about the game, dying after voting or dying from being sneezed on (which was what happened to terrorists created after Amelia's first death, a.k.a. Earthworm). Also, a good starting point for a village unison, since it's easy for Osama and Achmed to believe each other. Oh, and post restrictions actually don't penalize you in any way if you break them. I just implied they did.

Player: Boy oh boy, twash_man. After his alias was completely randomly stealth'd, he became very successfull in gathering claims, but I'm pretty sure step two is not "give a Core access to the subforum". Even after he said he was 75% sure Accent was moling him, he kept giving him night results. He did end up lying to Accent and calling a double lynch on him, which shifted the game back in the village's favor. LonelyNess had him tricked with his good false claim, but his fake results fucked him over. He suspected Bass but seems to not have done much about that. Lesm or Jimbo, he seems to have never doubted, even though Jimbo's claim was...below par. Didn't make people prove their alias, either, unlike jumpluff. Regardless, he put things on the right track again that fatal day, after which the Core murdered his second alias.

12. Altair (killed Night 3) - Wind Power (killed Night 4) - Bodyguard 2

You are Gary Oak. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are Professor Oak's grandson...what was your name again? Whenever you hit the big screen, you are shown to be an arrogant but extremely capable trainer, though you became more open minded later.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - USER, I've come to challenge you! You will battle your target during the night, rendering any killing roles used on him useless.

However, you also know there could be other, rivaling trainers out there. You know what Pokémon trainers do when they meet eyes, though!

You win if the Rest win.
Role: Exactly the same as Ash Ketchum, so if you need a reminder on how exactly that bodyguard duo worked, find his comments!

Player: Like askaninjask, he claimed but could never do anything significant. Neither of the bodyguard could last very long with the Core knowing who they were, and they were obliterated ASAP because the Core didn't know they lost their bodyguard abilities with one dead alias. So not much to go on, sadly.

13. Amelia (killed Night 4) - Montreal (killed Night 2) - Vigilante

You are Osama bin Laden. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are #1 on the list of people everyone is looking for, believed to be responsible for the terrorist on 9/11. Unfortunately for them, you are also the world champion Hide and Seek.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Promising 72 virgins to USER. You will train your target to become a fully pledged terrorist, ready to fly a plane into whoever you have in mind.

Not everyone is suited to become a Muslim extremist, however. Only Smogon users who have not played this game at any point in time are eligible for your Kamikaze 101 training program. I would recommend picking your recruits from the sign-up topic. You may not convert any anonymous aliases to your ways.

If you have one or more terrorists alive, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Making USER1 crash an airplane into USER2. USER1 must be a terrorist. Both users involved will die. You may only use one ability every night.

A terrorist has other uses besides exploding at night. They can also cast a vote during daytime; however, they will blow up at the end of the day, even if they withdraw their vote.

You've heard something else through your Arabian network. You know you are not the only Islamitic terrorist in this game.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: One of my favourites. This role has had several overhauls before this was the result. At first, I had him extremely limited: he had 3 total aliases rather than 2, but he could blow them up on other people, so essentially he was his own ammo. More of a suicide bomber than a vigilante. But then I came up with the idea of him creating his ammo through adding people to the game, and suiciding them into others. So it was a vigilante with other players as ammo rather than arrows, weapons or bullets. I also liked how it involved people who didn't get in, some sort of consolation prize. I also considered allowing him to create anonymous terrorists, which would essentially be NPCs, but ended up ditching that idea.

Player: Vig is a role that has to go to a somewhat experienced player, and Amelia has played mafia about as long as I can remember. Unlike in every other game, he didn't die n1, but sadly he only ever got to create ammo. I thought his non-RB-Golbat choices for terrorists were a little weird: Class never did anything as far as I could tell, and Earthworm did not even sign up. He was going to blow up Earthworm on LonelyNess (the Smogon account) while counting on the wolf to off Vancouver (LN's anonymous account), but the Core killed him with higher priority. The Core were also constantly switching between LonelyNess and Bass for their bodyguard target, but they ended up with Bass. Earthworm also died regardless of what Amelia did, since he was being targeted by both Fishin and Outlaw, and he was the only terrorist that died to any role being used on him. This never got out though, so people were confused why Earthworm died out of frustration while the others lived.

9. LonelyNess (lynched Day 4) - Vancouver (killed Night 4) - Village Leader Killer

You are Billy Blaze. You are aligned with the Core.

To most people on earth, you are Billy Blaze, 8-year old genius. But the rest of the galaxy knows better: you are Commander Keen, savior of the universe time and time again. Armed with your self-made ray gun, you aren't afraid of anything.

As Commander Keen, you like to have the situation under control. This isn't possible if the Rest unite so easily. At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Shooting USER with the ray gun. You will zap your target from behind, stunning them, rendering them useless (and thus, dead) for the rest of the game. Unlike other night actions, this ability works instantly the moment the host reads the PM, so your target will be eliminated publically during the night, and after that the night will not end. This action cannot be blocked or prevented in any way.

Obviously, such an ability has drawbacks. The first one is that you can only use it once in the game. The second one is that it can only be used on someone who, in some way or another, asked for the Rest (or "the village") to claim to them/contact him/etc. I will not be extremely anal about this, but you'd do best to check it with me before firing!

Every member of the Core has a different way of disposing of enemies, but to avoid unneeded attention, only two of you will be able to murder every night. If this honor falls onto you, you will stun your target, stuff them in the Bean-with-Bacon Megarocket, fly to outside of the atmosphere and throw them out. They will suffocate in outer space, killing them.

Role: One of these roles I was referring to with the "your usual tactics might not work" warning. Commander Keen here had the capability of killing anything in the game as soon as it was sent in, as long as the target was trying to get everyone to claim to him. This kind of "claim to me" behavior infuriates me, so I figured it would be good to punish people for it.

Player: Man, I did intend this role to be used early, but not that early. LN and the rest of the Core used the stungun night 1 on moi, because they thought he was really the inspector he claimed to be. Not the way I imagined it to be used, but I'll admit I'd have contemplated doing it. In other departments, LN played this one out solidly. He and Accent did most of the Core planning, and he made some great guesses as early as night 1, such as knowing the extra alias belonged to the wolf, or that there'd only be one non-wolf neutral. He was also the only one who realized that the Core could only effectively threaten the wolf if they told him they knew both of his aliases, and sadly, also the only one who wasn't around in time to make sure this happend during night 4. And to top it all off, he didn't release his team's spreadsheet.

10. shade (killed Night 5) - Istanbul (killed Night 5) - Inspector

You are Michael Blomkvist. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are a famed columnist for Millennium magazine, having exposed many economical frauds through well researched articles. You're also quite handsome, and almost any female you interact with ends up next to you in bed.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Doing Background Research on USER. You will spend all night trying to find all possible information about your target, and have it ready by the morning.

Your work involves incriminating people who would rather stay under the radar. Therefore, your boss and fuckbuddy Erika Berger said it would be extremely dangerous to publicize your personal information. You are not allowed to post your role PM, in part or completely, anywhere. If you are caught doing so, you will be fired from Millennium.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: I sure fucked around with the generic mafia roles: no village hooker, a bodyguard race, and now a severely handicapped inspector. The restriction of posting his role PM were to make the player less trustable, and thus limit his ability to insta-claim and lead the village. And then to make it worse, instead of receiving his results, they went to whoever the Mail Man targets. Which could be a mafia.

Player: shade is of the opinion that he fucked up this game, but I don't agree. He kept a nice low profile, was one of the very few who did not instantly give Ashley his alias which probably kept him alive for quite a while. He even tried to hide himself by posting "just doing what shade wants me to do", but the night before his alias had been inspected, and his Smogon name was pretty widely known as inspector already.

n1 was funny to watch because he inspected jumpluff, and jumpluff was also targeted by the Mail Man (zerowing), causing her to receive her own PM. She forgot about it for some reason, which confused a lot of people including the mafia when asked if she received results. Theories about neutrals and hidden safeguards popped up everywhere, and LonelyNess thought he was screwed because if that was the case, he could not have gotten any alliance checking results on her. After n1, shade cleaned Outlaw and Flounder, and got the jumbled result on porygon3. He was about to catch Lesm46 when he was double murdered by the Core.

21. Lightwolf (killed Night 5) - Beijing (killed Night 5) - Limited Redirector

You are Hannibal Smith. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are the brains of the A-Team. You are a great fan of flying cars, cigars and plans that come together.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Diversion Plan involving USER1 and USER2. If USER1 is a Smogon name, then USER2 must be an anonymous nick, and vice versa. You and the rest of the A-Team will create a range of barricades, explosions and distractions to lead USER1 to target USER2 instead of USER1's intended target. Once you involved a user in a diversion plan once, your plan will never work on them again, regardless of whether they were USER1 or USER2.

You are a master of wit, and insist on smartmouthing people even when on the losing hand. Therefore, whenever someone mentions your Smogon name anywhere, you must respond in the Smogon thread with an optimistic remark or insult.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: I am of the opinion that redirection roles need a nerf. Roles like DBZ Babidi and YCI Agent Smith just have too much potential too mess things up. So Hannibal was only able to redirect things that targeted users (so not Board James, or the wolf's update ability), he could not redirect kills, and no one-timers either (so no Pope, and I excluded Gandalf/Krillin as well). The Smogon -> Alias / Alias -> Smogon thing was a carryover from the old ideas I had for a redirector. He couldn't redirect the same guy multiple times at all, either. And still, this role was pretty mighty in my opinion. The posting restriction was a last minute addition.

Player: Like shade, Lightwolf is of the opinion that he's been mostly a hindrance, and again I don't really agree. Lightwolf was going to gather claims way early on, but then stepped back and let others do the work. It seems whoever was in charge didn't feel like giving him targets, so he ended up doing mostly random things. Redirected two fake abilities (hook and silence), the former of which was part of what got Agape lynched when I thought it would cast suspicion on Lesm. He was given access to the villager subforum when shade was in there alone, but sadly they didn't count on all four of their aliases to get blown apart in one night. He pretty much correctly guessed who the mafia were right after he died, though.

19. dak (lynched Day 2) - Monopoly Cruise (killed Night 6) - Rogue

You are Gandalf. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are a very wise and powerful wizard. Everyone thought you died fighting the Balrog in the first Lord of the Rings movie, but in the second movie it was revealed you actually survived!

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Thou Shall Not Pass, USER! If this user, or anyone aligned with them, tries to kill one of your aliases at night, you will fight them with your magic powers to buy everyone else time to escape. It will look as if you died, but in reality you are just waiting for the second movie to come out. This will happen one full cycle after you were assaulted.

If one of your aliases dies, but you did not fight the murderer with your magic powers, you may gain a new power.

You win if the Rest win.
You are Krillin. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are Goku's friend and former rival. Like him, you have trained under Master Roshi, and learned various techniques doing so.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Throwing Destructo Disc at USER. If your target is currently engaging in battle with a more powerful opponent (i.e. being killed), his attacker will be distracted and attempt to kill you first. Any other abilities used on your target will go through like normal.

In addition, you may also send a PM entitled Night X - Searching the Dragon Balls during the USER Saga. If your target, or anyone aligned with them, attempts to kill you, you will be wished back to life with the seven Dragon Balls one full cycle after you were killed.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: I wanted a rogue in because that role is often used as a safe claim for mafia. Until a death, a standard "strong" rogue that only needs to stalk the right team as opposed to the right person. However, upon death he turns into one of my favourite roles: rogue + reverse martyr for kills only. This effectively makes him some bastard child of a tracker and a bodyguard, since he can take a bullet for someone else and perhaps still come out on top.

Player: Sorry man, but I've never been so disappointed. Publicized his role and alias to a small circle of people for no real reason ("I don't care if you're mafia, I just want to play with you guys"), effectively nullifying any effectiveness as a rogue, started randlynches and didn't even bother protesting his own lynch. I stealth changed his role flavor to Krillin in the hope he'd be more interested, but he just repeated his own story, again telling the same people his new role. He somewhat redeemed himself by throwing a Destructo Disc at jumpluff when she was targeted for a kill, which redirected porygon3's kill to him, preserving jumpluff and the knowledge she had...but really, don't bother signing up next time if you're going to say things like "why do you bother making a spreadsheet for small mafia".

20. Coronis (killed Night 6) - Income Tax (killed Night 6) - Mayor

You are Huey, Dewey and Louie. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are Donald Duck's three cousins, pretty much indistinguishable other than by the color of your clothes, which is why nobody noticed that there are three of you in this game.

Because you look so alike, it is easy to fool people into thinking your vote counts for more than it should. If you vote in both of the lynches during daytime, your vote will count double. And if you decide to only vote in one of them, your vote will count triple!

You win if the Rest win.
Role: It's a mayor, Double Alias style! Just like rogue, I felt the need to put one in on the village side since it's often a safe claim. Plus, I thought Double Alias gave it lots of possibilities. I can think of a hundred ways to give someone more than the usual amount of votes in this system. Can conflict with the early majority rules though, like if majority is reached if he votes in one, but not the other, then he votes in the other (which would remove one vote from the other side, effectively undoing majority). Thankfully, this never happened.

Player: A similar story to many villagers: he claimed to twash, which means the mafia knew exactly what he was pretty soon. One of the few people trusted by jumpluff almost instantly, despite his role being hard to prove. Was double eliminated in one night so that the Core could come closer to gaining majority. jumpluff chose him as her successor in case she died and was actually transferring a lot of info to him, but ironically pluff survived and Coronis died.

16. Flounder (killed Night 6) - Solar Power (killed Night 7) - Role Bodyguard

You are Pope Benedict XVI. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are the current head of Vatican City, and the holiest man of all those involved in the Catholic religion. Your exact occupations are pretty vague, but you do have the power of beatification. Which pretty much means blessing.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Blessing USER1 and USER2. If USER2 is completely eliminated during the night, USER1 will have their abilities overwritten with USER2's. You cannot bless yourself, and once you have successfully saved someone's rule using your blessing ability, you will no longer be able to use it.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: A new invention (I think), I really like it. Could be used to preserve a powerful villager role over one of the gimmick village roles, or to override a mafia role with those. And obviously, it rewards the mafia moling the village as they can use it to get an extra good role of their own. Terrorist control on the Core, anyone?

Player: I promised Flounder an above average role in the next game I hosted. This was one of the few village roles I considered "above average", but Flounder disappointed me sorely. He was usually very late with his PMs, to the point where I had to wait for him alone to update, which was annoying because his role was so important. Sometimes he didn't even send a PM at all. Come on man, what happened to Lumine? Other than his idleness, I don't really know what exactly he was doing. He had claimed to twash like almost everybody else, but unlike most people his targets didn't seem to come from whoever was currently leading (be it the twash/Accent saga, the twash saga, the shade/lightwolf saga or the jumpluff saga). Oh well, like I said about Kannon in Blindness, at least he didn't give Dabura his entire team's role PMs.

15. jumpluff (killed Night 7) - London (killed Night 1) - Caps Enforcer

You are Animal. You are aligned with the Rest.

You are the volatile drummer of Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem. Your vocabulary is generally limited to guttural shouts and monosyllabic grunts, often parroting phrases spoken by those around you. During performances, you are often chained to your drum set, as your musical outbursts can be extremely violent.

At night, you may PM us with NIGHT X ANIMAL PLAY DRUMS FOR USER. Because your drum playing is so loud, your target will have to shout for others to hear it. If your target does not vote in all capitals, his vote will not count at all. Your target will not be directly notified about the drumming, but there will be a hint of it in the update.

Also, during the day, when you cast your vote to lynch in the Smogon thread, it must be in all capitals followed by at least 2 exclamation points, because after all, we need to give off the appearance that you’re yelling.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: An almost perfect copy of my YCI false claim, included as an inside joke of sorts. Unfortunately, it seems no one recognized it. I blame GreenPikachu for never posting YCI postgame. The role was nearly useless: it couldn't even properly silence someone, as if they caught the hint, they'd just post in caps. Besides being a YCI reference, obviously I would just have enjoyed people posting in caps all over the place.

Player: One of the better villagers, if not the outright best one. She was randkilled early on by porygon3, and funnily enough she was also the target of both shade and zerowing, as well as Bass' fake silence, causing her to get her own role PM as an inspect result. Pretty bizarre, and she forgot about it all for some reason, causing all sorts of safeguard/neutral rumors from all sides. However, lategame, she got her act together and led the village through some solid lynches. She distrusted lots of people, mostly the mafia, though Lesm slipped under her radar. Funnily enough, she trusted people like Coronis and Agape, who had the most shaky claims of all. It was fun to watch her trying to figure out everything that went on. In a sadistic way. But she did well regardless.

23. Outlaw (lynched Day 7) - Athens (lost Day 7) - Phrase Enforcer

You are Adolf Hitler. You are aligned with the Rest.

What is there to say about Hitler? He hates jews.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Brainwashing USER into spreading propaganda. In the main body, you may write a message of up to three sentences. These must be in German. It may not contain any Smogon or anonymous names. Your target will be forced to post it during the next day, or else be exported to a concentration camp, killing them.

You win if the Rest win and there are no jews left in the game.
Role: Just a "Zarbon", a.k.a. the type of persuader that doesn't interfere with voting. A gimmick role with no real purpose, other than maybe keeping people active. Well, and giving Genpei Yukoi a chance to suicide.

Player: Outlaw is known to be great at gimmicks, and he was my comrade for a good majority of the only Diplomacy game I played (I was Germany, he was France). He just kept making well known people post funny German phrases. He was part of the small "dak cult", and at one point pasted his role PM and alias to that group which allowed Lesm to report them to the Core. He was inspected by shade at one point.

1-3. porygon3 (lynched Day 5) - Cape Town (d8 lynch) / Monopoly Air (lynched Day 6) - Wolf

I hope you like reading.

You are MissingNo. You are aligned with yourself.

Some say you are a Kangaskhan baby. Some say you are a Gyarados evolution.
Some say you are found in the Safari Zone. Some say you live under a truck in the Vermillion City docks.
Some say your goal was to be a test Pokémon. Some say you were an April Fools Joke by one of the developers.

None of this is true. You are a result of bad programming, of mismatched RNs and calculations. Like a twisted experiment, an unborn baby, a ghost haunting players...your only purpose is to destroy everyone and corrupt their cartridges.

There are various forms of you. Three, to be precise.
M', also known as Cape Town, an anonymous account
Z4, also known as Monopoly Air, an anonymous account
MissingNo., also known as porygon3, your Smogon alias

Each of these have various powers that you can use.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Sky Attack and Water Gun USER. You will fly up in the air, then make a nosedive towards them while spouting water at them under extreme pressure, killing them. M' will be considered the executioner of this ability.

In addition, you may send a PM entitled PM entitled Night X - Super Glitch USER. You will change your target's name to "TM Trainer" followed by the name of a random Pokémon, and make their HP rise to ridiculous proportions, causing their HP bar to stretch and wrap around the screen. It will display that they are poisoned, but the game will state that they are frozen solid, followed by them being hurt by a burn. This burn will slowly deplete all their health, causing their giant HP bar to loop several times before all their HP is depleted, killing them. Z4 will be considered the executioner of this ability.

In addition, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Investigate ALLIANCE's save data, where ALLIANCE is either the Core or the Rest. With the help of your accomplice in Viridian City, who goes by the codename "Coffee Man", you will copy the targeted alliance's inspect results (if they have any) and see them for yourself.

If M' or Z4 choose not to use their abilities at night while they are alive, and MissingNo is alive, they will be unable to get lynched the next day. If either of them would be outvoted at the day, there will be no lynch instead.

Your final ability can be used with Night X - Corrupting Mekkah's laptop. You will enter my computer through the internet and slightly change some flavor about the update. You are not able to edit anything involving role PMs, aliases, names, kill flavor or some other parts, but minor jokes or anonymous announcements are allowed. Contact me for exact limitations on this ability. It is intended to give you false claim material.

Upon the death of one of your aliases, instead of your role PM, a bunch of corrupted data will be shown. Any roles targeting one of your accounts that attempt to find out alternate accounts you might have will fail.

You might get an ally in this conflict sometime, but you likely will not get him until the end of Night 3, and it's possible he will not join you at all. Be ready for it.

You win if the Core and the Rest both lose.
Role: I never get tired of making wolf roles, or writing their PMs. MissingNo. was chosen as the wolf flavor because of Super Glitch's awesome effect. I even already had an alias on IRC for it. Of course, he needed to have two kills just like the mafia, except he could use them on whatever he wanted, and in addition he had higher priority for a lategame advantage. I also included a Dark Link-like advantage, except in the form of a lynchproof if he idles a kill. The save data copy serves the purpose of getting information, but also getting to know what other factions know. His proper PM would also not show up until his last alias died, as to hide his numerous abilities. His final ability is the most crucial one of all...

Player: porygon3 fits the criteria I use for picking wolves: a competent player that hasn't been wolf before (or at least not in games I hosted, or big games). What I did not expect was that he was so great at trolling other players with the update ability. He flirted with, insulted and confused everyone, particularly with the one-two combo of GLOM. He false claimed Yoda, a role that could submit a series of words that would randomly be inserted in the update, which was hilarious though obviously not solid enough to be trusted (announcers never get to be, but I still consider it a better claim than no claim). After he was inspected by shade, which turned up as completely jumbled (which hid his abilities, but obviously also indicated his alliance, or lack thereof), he just trolled everyone. Initially he claimed to have only one kill to each alliance, giving them the different flavors, but Accent was still all over the village at that point so the Core knew they had two.

For the same reason, the Core had their sheet so full that they figured out that Cape Town was porygon3's second alias, which was funny because that was the alias Jimbo claimed to be. porygon3 at first killed both a Core and a villager because the Core hadn't figured to threaten him with their knowledge of both his kills and aliases, but after that he went all out on the village, bringing their numbers back to the point where the Core could stand a chance again. But his demise as an inspected wolf was inevitable.

He had pretty bad luck with his targets overall, especially with the inspections, like how he got jumpluff's PM during Night 1 while London was openly killed, but at least he shared that part with whatever faction he copied.

Also, trivia:

Mafia Mafia said:
(Officer Jenny) At night you can send a PM to me or Shiv with the title Night (x) - arrest (user) to arrest them. The user is then arrested and removed from the game permanently.
Simpsons said:
(Rainier Wolfcastle) You’ve decided that you’ll be more than willing to take out an enemy. Once in the game and at night, you may PM NavajoWhite with ‘Night (x) – Beating USER to death’. You will locate that user and terminate them as you would if you were playing McBain in a film.
Elements said:
(Oxygen Atom 2) Once every night you may send a PM to Thorns stating 'Night X - Oxidize USER'. You will oxidize the element leaving no trace of them behind.
Fire Emblem said:
(Bastian) Once in the game, you may PM the host with "Night X - Assassinate USER". Volke will kill that user.
Greatest Hits said:
(Volke) Every even night, you may PM Gmax and Mekkah with “Night X - Assassinate USER”. You will dispose of this target with extreme efficiency, so quickly that they will not even get to perform anything they were going to do at night.
Viva said:
(Adrian Monk) In addition, if given the adequate authority, you may send another PM entitled "NIGHT x – Accidentally poisoning USER with germicide" Because of your mysophobia, you will attempt to sanitise your target with germicide, accidentally poisoning and killing them.
Pokémon said:
(Electrode) At night, send Champion Raikage and Boss AvatarST a PM with the title Night [x] – Explosion [user]. You will blow yourself up together with that user.
This guy is a damn pro at murdering. Or at least has experience.

17. Agape (lost Day 7) - Jerusalem (lynched Day 4) - Vote Tally Man

You are Harry Belafonte. You are aligned with the Rest.

Daaaaaaay-o! Daylight come and me wan' go home! Unfortunately, you cannot go home yet. Mister Tallyman will have to tally you banana first.

At the end of every day, you will receive a count of how many votes have been cast by anonymous aliases, and how many have been cast by smogon aliases. If someone's vote counts for less or more than one, that will be taken into account.

If one of your aliases dies, you will no longer receive the corresponding count.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: This role has only two purposes: make the mayor believable, and eliminate the possibilities of negative or secret voters and the like. Other than that, it was quite vanilla.

Player: I put Agape in the game for his very satisfying performance in PokéMafia, but I didn't have a role left for him to do a lot of good with, sorry. Obviously wasn't trusted because of how useless this role is. Nothing to complain about, jumpluff entrusted him with her information in case she'd die. He got the fake hook message once because Lightwolf redirected Lesm to him, which caused a lot of question marks, but they were all put around him and that led to his Day 4 lynch.

18. zerowing (killed Night 7) - Jail (lost Day 7) - Inspect Result Recipient Changer

You are the Mail Man. You are aligned with the Rest.

Rodrigo: u have mail man ?
Camp Kmart: yes he delivers my state journal promptly every morning
Rodrigo: hey
Rodrigo: gave me your mail
Camp Kmart: he did?
Camp Kmart: god he doesn't respect my privacy does he ._.
Rodrigo: it stops to joke and gave me your email
Camp Kmart: yeah after he delivers my paper he usually stops to tell a few jokes
Camp Kmart: how the fuck did he know my email though
Camp Kmart: and why did he give it to you
Rodrigo: oh
Rodrigo: only i want your mail man xD

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Stopping to joke and gave USER's mail. Nobody has a clue what Rodrigo meant when he said that, and neither do you. You cannot use this role on yourself, and you cannot idle it.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: A "figure it out" role, with a trollish PM to boot. As many guessed, whoever he targeted would receive the village inspection results. He'd get to know this if one of his aliases died.

Player: I've explained the n1 jumpluff coincidence twice now, so I'll leave that off here. The village (and the mafia) figured out what his role did pretty early, which allowed shade to get results. One time twash actually made him change targets to him so shade was empty handed next morning, lol. Nicely played, always sends in his PM early and with a nice emoticon.

25. Fishin (lost Day 7) - Chance (killed Night 3) - Dead Role Inspector

You are Oliver of Tanas. You are aligned with the Rest.

According to others, you are corrupt, disgusting, fat and you have a thing for males and animals. But you know better: you are beautiful, downright stunning, and everything you like is as well!

In Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, you were executed for slave trading, but true beauty is immortal. It took you no effort at all to return from death's vistas, and join the side of the good in Radiant Dawn. Therefore, it will be quite easy for you to imagine what someone's role would be if one of their aliases ever dies.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - I have seen death; it holds no mystery for me, USER! You will determine your target's role change upon death. This will not work on users who already lost one of their alter egos.

Of course, you already looked into your own destiny. If one of your aliases is killed, however gruesome the idea might be to you, the other one will be immune to killing roles at night, but that will only work once. You can still get lynched.

In addition, at night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Provoking Tibarn with my [Smogon/Anonymous] Self. The alias you specify will be torn apart by the hawk king's talons, and as a result, your remaining alias will be truly immortal during the night.

You win if the Rest win.
Role: A mighty role for sure. One of the ways Mark Knopfler could have been found out, a shortcut to finding out how Michael Blomkvist worked, and can clean or incriminate some other people as well (it's obvious how if you look at the master sheet). The BPV mechanic was originally going to be a seperate role, and I also had it planned on Osama for a bit, but it ended up here. The idea is that you either choose to sacrifice your vote and be immune to kills forever, or you leave it alive and you're stuck with a one-time BPV.

Player: I didn't see a lot of Fishin in this game, which is a shame since I think he's one of the most consistent players. He didn't give his alias to twash, which kept the mafia from completing their sheet for a bit, but then porygon3 randkilled his alias (this seems to have messed up a lot of people's plans, heh) and he was exposed. I don't think it really mattered that his BPV was only one time, since it was publically outed that he had it and no one would waste a kill on that. Fishin's results did some minor confirming, like cleaning shade and incriminating Luxury Tax, but nothing crucial. For some reason I forgot already he even targeted Earthworm once.

6. Bass (lynched Day 6) - Luxury Tax (won Day 7) - Dead Alter Ego Convertor

You are Severus Snape. You are aligned with the Core.

You are one of the most skilled teachers at Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, and your specialities include Legilimency, Occlumency, Potions and, most interestingly, the Dark Arts. As usual, it is your job to make sure nobody knows on which side you stand in this conflict.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Backstabbing USER. You will get on the good side of your target, and make sure he trusts you. If your target dies during the night, you will get to know his or her alternate alias, if he has any.

To properly infiltrate the Rest, you have the following "fake" ability: at night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Putting USER in detention. Your target will be told he is spending the following day in your office, unable to speak publically. However, this ability doesn't do anything other than giving them this message. You may also want to know that the Rest lack someone with "silencing" abilities.

Every member of the Core has a different way of disposing of enemies, but to avoid unneeded attention, only two of you will be able to murder every night. If this honor falls onto you, you will drown your target in a kettle full of a potion called Draught of Living Death, killing them.

Role: This is the kind of role you only see in Double Alias Mafia. It allows the Core to dispose of enemies entirely within two nights. Obviously had potential to be used in combination with Billy Blaze (kill and backstab a guy n1, then when n2 starts and he wants to boss people around, stungun him). Fake silence may not be a very trustable fake, but it could be used for voting control, making it a useful lategame role. Also, upon death, he received the ability to check which franchise someone's role was from.

Player: Bass set up the Core spreadsheet and channel, but not much else. He never claimed his alias to any village leader except Gmax, who he also disposed of and backstabbed extremely early for four reasons: revenge, good player, good role, and revenge. He was marked as 100% mafia by jumpluff and lynched successfully. He actually used his alias to vote a lot, which seemed suspicious to me, but luckily for him jumpluff didn't have the complete Smogon/Alias matches like twash did. He also missed a stealth lynch, or rather stealth tie, which may or may not have affected the outcome. Franchise Inspect was completely worthless by the time they got it.

7. Jimbo (won Day 7) - Paris (killed Night 1) - Bodyguard

You are Barack Obama. You are aligned with the Core.

Even though Deck Knight doesn't like it, you are the current USA President. Victorious through your great charisma and despite your dark skin color, you are now closer to world leader than anyone will ever be. Your diplomacy and influence will be of great use in eliminating the opposition.

At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Moving Iraq troops to USER's home. You will retreat several American soldiers from Iraq and station them around your target's residence instad. Suffice it to say, any assassination plans on your target will be canceled during this night.

To properly infiltrate the Rest, you have the following "fake" ability: at night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Arresting USER under suspicion of terrorism. Your target will be told he was deported to Guantanamo Bay last night, and thus the same rules go for him as if he would be dead. However, this deportation will not be announced in the update, and this user is actually as safe as he could be. You may also want to know that the Rest lack someone with "kidnapping" abilities.

Every member of the Core has a different way of disposing of enemies, but to avoid unneeded attention, only two of you will be able to murder every night. If this honor falls onto you, you will rig Wall Street's courses to cause your target's stocks to drop drastically, causing him to jump out of the window, killing them.

Role: Normal bodyguard. Couldn't protect himself until his first alias died. Fake kidnap is like fake silence: powerful lategame, but not very trustable as a claim.

Player: Jimbo requested to be on a competent mafia team, so I gave him one. He made a fake PM with his kidnapping ability pretty early, but then porygon3 randkilled his alias and he was in a penible situation. For some reason he didn't make a new false claim right away, but rather waited until twash started interrogating him. With my help, the Core made him a Monstro PM which was not very believable to me, but twash swallowed it. He remained relatively safe, with each villager leader dying just about as they started to suspect him. He claimed to be Cape Town to twash, and twash did not force him to prove it through a PM or a post. This was extremely lucky, as Cape Town was actually the only non-Core alias the village did not already have a matching player for. He had accidentally claimed porygon3's second alias and couldn't go back, so when he was later asked to prove it for jumpluff he got porygon3 to do it for him. Overall, Jimbo thinks he was just dead weight. I think he could have tried harder with the false claim, but I don't think he fucked up big time or something.

Oh, and...

LOL

5. Lesm46 - Monopoly Rail (won Day 7) - Mafia Inspector (won Day 7)

You are The Hood. You are aligned with the Core.

You are the antagonist of the age old Thunderbirds series. You are always set on obtaining money and power in whatever cruel way possible. Your favourite route is by causing mayhem to lure out International Rescue, in order to photograph their vehicles and sell the pictures to the highest bidder.

You posess extremely deadly hypnotic powers. At night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Hypnotizing USER. You will force this user to tell you all their secrets, then make him forget you two ever met.

To properly infiltrate the Rest, you have the following "fake" ability: at night, you may send a PM entitled Night X - Mindfuck USER. Your target will be told that someone tried to mindcontrol them into stopping them from using their night role, but that it failed for unknown reasons. You may also want to know that the Rest lack someone with "hooking" abilities.

Every member of the Core has a different way of disposing of enemies, but to avoid unneeded attention, only two of you will be able to murder every night. If this honor falls onto you, you will coerce someone into playing in traffic, killing them.

Role: Standard inspector for the evil guys, with a hooker fake + safeclaim. Probably the best fake claim of them all, at least in terms of being trustable. Also, great kill flavor imo.

Player: [22:41:37] <&Lesm46> the village seems a little overpowered if jumpluff is the only wolf

He was more of a follower than a leader for most of the game, though he was definitely present in the mafia channel. False claimed Jim Morrison to the village, and was probably the least suspected Core member. jumpluff gave him "her info" right before she died, and he executed the final steps on getting majority over the Rest, managing to sway these crucial last village votes against Outlaw. Also the only person who survived with two accounts!

Awards

Once again, positive awards only.

Best of the Rest (a.k.a. Best Villager)
jumpluff. There were other people who led the village with remote success, but I thought jumpluff made the least (significant) mistakes of any of them. Though a mention to shade, Lightwolf and twash for their work before that.

Most Hardcore (a.k.a. Best Mafia)
Accent. He did by far the most for his faction, strategizing from beginning to end to even beyond his death, moling the village, keeping the spreadsheet updated and generally playing a great game. The other Cores were all quite active and overall close in performance, though if I had to name a runner-up it would be Lesm46 for the final touch.

Best Troll
porygon3. I definitely didn't expect him to be so comical with the update modifier, and he even almost got a gameplay advantage out of it with the "glom" edit.

GLOM
GLOM

Well brilliant, and I'd not mind another mafia of this sort again in the future, in spite of me not being in it. Ah well, shit happens. GG to the Core, and all that crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)