DP Research Thread #3 ("Newer")

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I didn't do any research of my own, I just examined the relevant moves on Serebii's Movedex and grouped them accordingly (except for the charge of Focus Punch, which I took from someone else).

Thank you, though, as I was looking for a list like that.

Does Guts cancel out burns attack reduction?

either:

A: Guts gives 50% attack boost + burn gives 50% attack reduction = 0% attack
B: Guts gives 50% attack boost + burn gives 50% attack reduction - Guts canceling out burn = 50% attack boost

Does Guts cancel out burns attack reduction?

either:

A: Guts gives 50% attack boost + burn gives 50% attack reduction = 0% attack
B: Guts gives 50% attack boost + burn gives 50% attack reduction - Guts canceling out burn = 50% attack boost
b

bah i hate that someone sould update guts ablitydex discription to tell that burn attack cut never happens on guts trait bearing pokemon

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does Embargo have any effect on Bug Bite? How does Defog work with Light Screen / Reflect and targeting your partner in 2v2?

If I have a Smeargle that knows Imprison, Hyper Beam, Transform, and Fly, and I use Imprison, then Transform into a Geodude with Magnitude, Tackle, Hidden Power Poison, and Explosion, and my opponent then switches into a Pidgey with Tackle, Hidden Power Poison, Hyper Beam, and Fly, can Pidgey...

a) not use Hyper Beam and Fly, but can use Tackle and Hidden Power

b) not use Tackle and Hidden Power, but can use Hyper Beam and Fly

c) not use anything, or

d) use anything

?

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I can only answer #2 at this point, but I thought I already said it a few times - targeting your partner in 2vs2 with defog affects your side of the field, it removes reflect/light screen set up by you or your partner (I think also (psn) spikes/stealth rock set up by the foe, but i can´t test that)

I wonder how you come up with such questions as #3 :D

I don´t think I´m able to test #1 and #3 :/

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do Lock-On and Mind Reader allow you to hit a Pokemon using Fly / etc.?

Does Heal Block prevent you from using Aqua Ring and Ingrain, or does it just block their healing for 5 turns?

Is Lucky Chant lost by switching?

Can you Magic Coat Heal Block?

Does a Ghost Curse on a Substitute fail (nothing happens) or not work (Ghost loses HP, but it doesn't hurt hte Subbing dude)?

If I use Outrage behind a Substitute, am I Confused at the end?

Does Heal Block hit through Substitute?

Do Bug Bite and Pluck steal the items from a subbed dude?

How do Hooked Spikes and Substitute interact? Same for Yache Berry and toehr type resist berries

Does Pursuit against a faster U-Turner still have a chance to hurt itself in its confusion (assuming the Pursuiter is Confused, of course)

Sorry if this has been asnwered already, but it's 6:00 AM here.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
If I have a Smeargle that knows Imprison, Hyper Beam, Transform, and Fly, and I use Imprison, then Transform into a Geodude with Magnitude, Tackle, Hidden Power Poison, and Explosion, and my opponent then switches into a Pidgey with Tackle, Hidden Power Poison, Hyper Beam, and Fly, can Pidgey...

a) not use Hyper Beam and Fly, but can use Tackle and Hidden Power

b) not use Tackle and Hidden Power, but can use Hyper Beam and Fly

c) not use anything, or

d) use anything
I had thought Embargo only worked on one foe at a time, so when they switch the effect is lost. I've never done research on it, though.

Peterko

Never give up!
Do Lock-On and Mind Reader allow you to hit a Pokemon using Fly / etc.?
yes

Does a Ghost Curse on a Substitute fail (nothing happens) or not work (Ghost loses HP, but it doesn't hurt hte Subbing dude)?
ghost curse fails against a target with a sub up

If I use Outrage behind a Substitute, am I Confused at the end?
yes

Do Bug Bite and Pluck steal the items from a subbed dude?
no they don´t (the sub is not holding the item)

How do Hooked Spikes and Substitute interact? Same for Yache Berry and other type resist berries
type resist berries are not used up when the sub is hit (same situation as with pluck/bug bite), sticky barb (not hooked spikes) doesn´t stick to the pkmn that attacks the holder with a sub up

I leave the heal block questions and pursuit to someone else

I believe this was tested a while ago, but was it ever confirmed how long sleep lasts in DP? I've found conflicting accounts of it lasting 3-6 and 1-4 turns.

obi

formerly david stone
It lasts for 1-4 "Pokemon is fast asleep!" messages.

If a Pokemon has the ability Early Bird, can it instantly wake up if a 1 turn Sleep is rolled? I know Pokemon likes to round down, but there are also lots of lower limits of 1.

Peterko

Never give up!
tested it and houndour woke up right away a few times

an early bird pokémon can have 2, 1 or zero (instantly wakes up) fast asleep messages

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does this work for Rest-induced sleep? Instead of sleeping for 3 turns, does it sleep for only one turn?

Peterko

Never give up!
why shouldn´t it work with rest? btw. rest sleep lasts 2 turns not 3 so an early bird pokémon would sleep one turn ("is fast asleep" once) and wake up afterwards

obi

formerly david stone
Well, Rest normally takes 3 turns, but that's because you use Rest 1 turn, and you get 2 "fast asleep" messages. The 1 turn that you use Rest isn't counted as a turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)