DPP Jirachi (Wish + CM)*

This Jirachi has already proven to be very effective, but it has not had a formal write up yet, so here it is. I'm trying to keep it concise, yet complete, so please keep that in mind when making edits, thanks!

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/jirachi

[SET]
name: Wish + Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Wish
move 3: Thunderbolt
move 4: Psychic / Flash Cannon
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>By utilizing Calm Mind and Wish, Jirachi can act as both a sweeper and cleric all in one set. Because of its Steel typing, Jirachi does not have to worry about Toxic putting an expiration date on its sweep like most Calm Mind sweepers do, freeing up the ability to use Wish over Substitute. This set can prove particularly difficult for stall teams to eliminate, as with the ability to heal itself and the immunity to Toxic, Jirachi cannot be taken out by normal stall means. Versus offensive teams, Jirachi provides its team with a useful Dragon-type resistance and Wish to keep its teammates healthy. After scouting and eliminating the few Pokemon who can actually stop this set, Jirachi can start using Calm Mind to set up a sweep, healing itself with Wish when necessary. It is best to set up Jirachi's sweep against another Pokemon who primarily uses special attacks, as Calm Mind will reduce the damage you take. However, setting up against a Pokemon who is locked into a resisted attack is also an effective strategy.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>At first glance, this may look similar to the Calm Mind + Substitute Sweeper set, but there are a few distinct differences between the two.</p>

<p>The first major difference is that this set allows Jirachi to heal itself and support the team with Wish, while also being able to set up a sweep with a few Calm Minds under its belt. Thunderbolt and Psychic provide Jirachi with respectable type coverage, only being resisted by Pokemon with unique type combinations, such as Latias, Magnezone, and Celebi. Flash Cannon is another solid option, despite the lower Base Power in comparison to Psychic, as it provides Jirachi with an answer for Pokemon like Tyranitar and Latias.</p>

<p>The other major difference is the EV spread and nature. Because Jirachi does not have Substitute to help absorb attacks, it is necessary to invest EVs into its Defense to give it physical bulk. This spread allows Jirachi to survive a +1 Adamant Life Orb Earthquake from Gyarados while it is at full health, while providing you with enough Speed to outpace max Speed Tyranitar. Alternatively, 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe with a Bold nature allows you to outspeed any base 90 Pokemon with a neutral nature, most notably Lucario.</p>

<p>Although this set provides Jirachi with the ability to support its team with Wish, Jirachi also becomes more vulnerable to being crippled with the loss of Substitute. In addition, the lack of Substitute also means that Jirachi is prone to Pokemon with Trick. The most effective way to set up this particular Jirachi is to alternate between Wish and Calm Mind as it provides a pseudo safety net against critical hits. Finally, although Jirachi is immune to Toxic, it can still be paralyzed and burned, which can hinder its sweeping ability.</p>

<p>Despite the aformentioned problems due to the lack of Substitute, Wish is still a valuable asset on any team, and it allows Jirachi to take on the role of a cleric. Jirachi also tends to attract Fire- and Ground-type attacks, which provide the perfect opportunity to bring in Pokemon who otherwise have trouble doing so due to Stealth Rock, such as Salamence and Gyarados. If Jirachi pulls off a Wish, these huge threats can come in at full health and attempt a sweep of their own.</p>

<p>There are a few Pokemon who work particularly well with this Jirachi set that should be considered on your team. First of all, a Choice Band or Scarf Tyranitar with Pursuit can assist in eliminating threats that attempt to Trick their Choice item onto Jirachi. Trick is predominantly used by Ghost- and Psychic-types, so Tyranitar can usually net some free KOs with Pursuit by switching in as your opponent uses Trick. This may clear the path for an eventual Jirachi sweep. Latias is also a great teammate option, because she can beat Heatran and Infernape, the two most common Pokemon who can offensively stop Jirachi's sweep. As a bonus, Latias is also immune to Gound-type attacks and resists Fire-type attacks, making her another good Wish recipient. Finally, as mentioned earlier, Salamence and Gyarados are effective offensive partners with this particular Jirachi. If you can time your Wish properly to let them come in at full health, bypassing Stealth Rock damage, both of these Pokemon become very hard to stop. You should also take into consideration which move you choose for Jirachi when selecting teammates. For example, if you use Thunderbolt and Psychic, it is recommended that you carry a check for Tyranitar and Calm Mind Latias, who can both beat you. Gliscor or Swampert can beat most Tyranitar, and a Tyranitar of your own can beat Latias. If you are using Flash Cannon over Psychic, you should consider packing someone that can beat Electric-type Pokemon such as Raikou or Electivire. Scarf Flygon does an excellent job at this, and also makes for a good Wish recipient, considering its typing and ability. Finally, adding a teammate who can burn opposing Pokemon with Will-O-Wisp can increase the effectiveness of this Jirachi, as dampening blows from physical attacks can allow it to set up with greater ease. With these bases covered, Wish + Calm Mind Jirachi should prove to be menacing to your opponent.</p>

[SET]
move 4: Flash Cannon / Psychic
ability: Serene Grace

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>At first glance, this may look similar to the Calm Mind + Substitute Sweeper set, but there are a few distinct differences between the two. The first major difference is that this set allows Jirachi to heal itself and support the team with Wish, while also setting itself up to sweep with a few Calm Minds under its belt. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon provide Jirachi with respectable coverage, only being resisted by Pokemon with unique type combinations, such as Swampert and Magnezone. Psychic is another solid option, as it provides a higher base power STAB attack;(semicolon) but keep in mind that you will lose your best method of damaging Pokemon like Tyranitar without Flash Cannon. The other major difference is the EV spread and nature. Because you do not have Substitute to help absorb attacks, you want to be able to take physical hits as well as possible. This spread allows you to survive a +1 Adamant Life Orb Earthquake from Gyarados while you are at full health, while still providing you with enough Speed to outpace max Speed Tyranitar.</p>

<p>Although this set provides you with the ability to support your team with Wish, Jirachi also becomes more vulnerable with the loss of Substitute. You have to watch out for strategies like using Trick with a Choice item, which can shut this set down completely. It is also recommended that you continually keep a Wish up in the air with this set, as it will provide a pseudo safety net against critical hits. Finally, although Jirachi is immune to Toxic, the one status that completely prevents it from sweeping, it can still be paralyzed and burned, which can hinder its sweeping ability. Do not let these things discourage you from trying this set out, though. Wish is still a valuable asset on any team, and turns Jirachi into cleric as well as a sweeper. Jirachi tends to attract Fire- and Ground-type attacks, which provide the perfect opportunity to bring in Pokemon who otherwise have trouble doing so due to Stealth Rock, such as Salamence and Gyarados. These huge threats can come in at full health, if they are Wished in with the help of Jirachi.</p>
I saw that you had posted this from IRC, and i figured I might as well proofread it.

Black: General Edits
Blue: Omit

Hey Phil, This looks like a decent writeup at first glance, so I'd like to point out a few more partners. Tyranitar makes a great partner because it can beat CM Latias that carry hp fire. Gliscor can poison latias and beat tyranitar. I would add more but I'm on my iPod.

Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon provide Jirachi with respectable coverage, only being resisted by Pokemon with unique type combinations, such as Swampert and Magnezone.
Not true. Just about any Electric Pokemon resists the Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt combination, particularly Rotom-A which becomes a huge threat to this set. It can either Trick, Burn, or Paralyze Jirachi, which are the three major problems of WishCM Jirachi. For this reason, I really think Psychic/Thunderbolt is the superior combination, so Psychic should be the primary option. Psychic is what lets Jirachi beat its old counters, such as Swampert and Rotom-A. Latias and Celebi are the only major resistors of this combination, so Tyranitar makes a great partner for Jirachi.

Not true. Just about any Electric Pokemon resists the Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt combination, particularly Rotom-A which becomes a huge threat to this set. It can either Trick, Burn, or Paralyze Jirachi, which are the three major problems of WishCM Jirachi. For this reason, I really think Psychic/Thunderbolt is the superior combination, so Psychic should be the primary option. Psychic is what lets Jirachi beat its old counters, such as Swampert and Rotom-A. Latias and Celebi are the only major resistors of this combination, so Tyranitar makes a great partner for Jirachi.
You're right, I'll edit that soon.

Well, aside from Raikou who can boost along side you, Electric Pokemon resisting the Flash Cannon - Thunderbolt combination are set up fodder (except maybe the odd Electivire lol). Magnezone, Jolteon and Defensive Rotom really have no chance of breaking this set.

Well, aside from Raikou who can boost along side you, Electric Pokemon resisting the Flash Cannon - Thunderbolt combination are set up fodder (except maybe the odd Electivire lol). Magnezone, Jolteon and Defensive Rotom really have no chance of breaking this set.
Well Rotom-A can just Trick you, use Charge Beam, Overheat still does a lot after only one Calm Mind, et cetera which is why getting it out of the way early on is a good idea. Many times you can't afford to Calm Mind until Flash Cannon will kill it. Magnezone has a 4x resistance to Flash Cannon, which means you have to beat it with an unSTABed Thunderbolt. You need +6 Special Attack to have a chance to 2HKO it, while with Psychic you only need +4 attack (you have a better chance to 2HKO as well). Using Psychic thus leaves you less prone to critical hits, as you sit there and Calm Mind as Magnezone attack you. After using this set a lot recently, I agree fully that Psychic should be the primary option on this set. Many times have I wished I had that slight extra boost and neutral coverage, especially against the likes of Lucario, Infernape switch ins, et cetera.

Some people often feel that Jirachi without enough Speed EVs to beat Lucario is largely pointless especially when you don't have Thunder Wave. I suggest an alternate EV spread of 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe Timid or 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe Bold (I don't have shoddy open so I don't know which one yields better efficiency). This can just me mention in set comments. As well as Lucario, you also outspeed all Heatran, Adamant Gyarados, even offensive Suicune (who are a lot easier to set up on this way), Adamant Mamoswine, and a couple other stuff too.

Finally, I think you should mention how this set counters many troublesome Pokemon in OU, namely non-Calm Mind Latias, Starmie (avoid coming in often on a Life Orb Hydro Pump), Gengar, Suicune, Vaporeon, et cetera. Not many Pokemon can directly switch into these Pokemon, but Jirachi fulfills the task very well. Overall, very good write up Philip.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
<p>At first glance, this may look similar to the Calm Mind + Substitute Sweeper set, but there are a few distinct differences between the two. The first major difference is that this set allows Jirachi to heal itself and support the team with Wish, while also being able to set up a sweep with a few Calm Minds under its belt. Thunderbolt and Psychic provide Jirachi with respectable type coverage, only being resisted by Pokemon with unique type combinations, such as Celebi or Latias. Flash Cannon is another solid option, as although it has a lower base power than Psychic, it provides Jirachi with an answer for Pokemon like Tyranitar and Latias. The other major difference is the EV spread and nature. Because it does not have Substitute to help absorb attacks, you want Jirachi to be able to take physical hits as well as possible. This spread allows Jirachi to survive a +1 Adamant Life Orb Earthquake from Gyarados while it is at full health, while still providing you with enough Speed to outpace max Speed Tyranitar.</p>

<p>Although this set provides Jirachi with the ability to support its team with Wish, Jirachi also becomes more vulnerable with the loss of Substitute. You have to watch out for strategies such as using Trick with a Choice item, which can shut this set down completely. It is also recommended that you continually keep a Wish up in the air with this set, as it will provide a pseudo safety net against critical hits. Finally, although Jirachi is immune to Toxic, the one status that completely prevents it from sweeping, it can still be paralyzed and burned, which can hinder its sweeping ability. Do not let these things discourage you from trying this set out, though. Wish is still a valuable asset on any team, and turns Jirachi into a cleric as well as a sweeper. Jirachi tends to attract Fire- and Ground-type attacks, which provide the perfect opportunity to bring in Pokemon who otherwise have trouble doing so due to Stealth Rock, such as Salamence and Gyarados. These huge threats can come in at full health if Jirachi manages to pass a Wish to them..</p>

Changes in black, removals in red!

Nice job phil, I use this set all the time and it was the anchor on my team that got me to number seven on the OU ladder. I would give a mention when discussing team support about how fabulous this Jirachi is under dual screens (you would know), it is so hard to stop after a few Calm Minds and with Dual Screens being up. Grammatically the only major things I caught were that you often referred to Jirachi as "you" as opposed to "it". I also just changed around some shit, but overall nice job and fantastic set!

philip, its proper name is sugarachi =[

[SET]
ability: Serene Grace

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>At first glance, this may look similar to the Calm Mind + Substitute Sweeper set, but there are a few distinct differences between the two. The first major difference is that this set allows Jirachi to heal itself and support the team with Wish, while also setting itself up to sweep with a few Calm Minds under its belt. Thunderbolt and Psychic provide Jirachi with respectable coverage, only being resisted by Pokemon with unique type combinations, such as Celebi and Latias. Flash Cannon is another solid option, as, although it has a lower base power than Psychic, it provides you with an answer for Pokemon like Tyranitar and Latias. The other major difference is the EV spread and nature. Because you do not have Substitute to help absorb attacks, you need to be able to take physical hits as well as possible. This spread allows you to survive a +1 Adamant Life Orb Earthquake from Gyarados while you are at full health, while still providing you with enough Speed to outpace max Speed Tyranitar.</p>

<p>Although this set provides you with the ability to support your team with Wish, Jirachi also becomes more vulnerable with the loss of Substitute. You have to watch out for strategies like using Trick with a Choice item, which can shut this set down completely. It is also recommended that you continually keep a Wish up in the air with this set, as it will provide a pseudo safety net against critical hits. Finally, although Jirachi is immune to Toxic, the one status that completely prevents it from sweeping, it can still be paralyzed and burned, which can hinder its sweeping ability. Do not let these things discourage you from trying this set out, though.</p>

<p>
Wish is still a valuable asset on any team, and turns Jirachi into cleric as well as a sweeper. Jirachi also tends to attract Fire- and Ground-type attacks, which provide the perfect opportunity to bring in Pokemon who otherwise have trouble doing so due to Stealth Rock, such as Salamence and Gyarados. These huge threats can come in at full health, if they are Wished in with the help of Jirachi.</p>

i think team mates should be mentioned more based on which you are using, flash cannon / psychic, not just what jirachi helps. ew and i used psychic in sugarless girl because, bar latias, we could handle the flash cannon targets with impunity, and would rather be able to hit swampert, lucario, etc. and hit magnezone a bit harder. it also needs something that can take trick, as you alluded to. a trickscarfer is nice because it lets you cripple walls but this jirachi rapes stall anyway. you mentioned this a bit but it needs something that can take care of heatran, latias, ttar, infernape, and salamence desperately.

Some people often feel that Jirachi without enough Speed EVs to beat Lucario is largely pointless especially when you don't have Thunder Wave. I suggest an alternate EV spread of 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe Timid or 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe Bold (I don't have shoddy open so I don't know which one yields better efficiency). This can just me mention in set comments. As well as Lucario, you also outspeed all Heatran, Adamant Gyarados, even offensive Suicune (who are a lot easier to set up on this way), Adamant Mamoswine, and a couple other stuff too.
I agree with this, the extra speed also lets you outspeed defensive Zapdos and Celebi, Kingdra and basically any pokemon that runs enough speed to outrun Tyranitar. Heatran, Mamoswine and Gyarados(sometimes) pack super effective moves so you can finish them when they are weak without taking a heavy blow. Both spreads are the same by the way, because Jirachi has base 100 stats

Thanks for the edits everyone!

@MetaNite: This set actually cannot counter LO Starmie and Gengar, as both score a 2HKO with their respective STAB attack. Also, I'm trying to keep things as concise as possible, seeing as most users who read the analysis pages aren't looking for a novel, and I'm not convinced that adding a section about that is necessary. I will continue to consider it though! Thanks for the help :)

@Shiki: Sorry about the name :(. I also decided not to divide the second paragraph up, as I meant for it to explain the costs and benefits of using Wish over Substitute. I will improve on the mention of teammates soon! Thanks for the advice.

This Jirachi has already proven to be very effective, but it has not had a formal write up yet, so here it is. I'm trying to keep it concise, yet complete, so please keep that in mind when making edits, thanks!

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/jirachi

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>At first glance, this may look similar to the Calm Mind + Substitute Sweeper set, but there are a few distinct differences between the two. The first major difference is that this set allows Jirachi to heal itself and support the team with Wish, while also being able to set up a sweep with a few Calm Minds under its belt. Thunderbolt and Psychic provide Jirachi with respectable type coverage, only being resisted by Pokemon with unique type combinations, such as Celebi or Latias. Flash Cannon is another solid option, as, although it has a lower Base Power than Psychic, it provides Jirachi with an answer for Pokemon like Tyranitar and Latias. The other major difference is the EV spread and nature. Because it does not have Substitute to help absorb attacks, you need Jirachi to be able to take physical hits as much as possible. This spread allows Jirachi to survive a +1 Adamant Life Orb Earthquake from Gyarados while it is at full health, and it still provides you with enough Speed to outpace max Speed Tyranitar. Alternatively, you may use 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe with a Bold nature if you want to pack enough Speed to beat Adamant Lucario and everyone (Pokemon are like humans) below. This spread might lose you some bulk, but you will also be taking less hits because you will outpace threats before they can strike.</p>

<p>Although this set provides Jirachi with the ability to support its team with Wish, Jirachi also becomes more vulnerable with the loss of Substitute. You have to watch out for strategies, such as a Pokemon Tricking their Choice item, that can shut this set down completely. It is also recommended that you continually keep a Wish up in the air with this set, as it will provide a pseudo safety net against critical hits. Finally, although Jirachi is immune to Toxic, it can still be paralyzed and burned, which can hinder its sweeping ability. Do not let these things discourage you from trying this set out, though. Wish is still a valuable asset on any team, and it turns Jirachi into a cleric as well as a sweeper. Jirachi also tends to attract Fire- and Ground-type attacks, which provide the perfect opportunity to bring in Pokemon who otherwise have trouble doing so due to Stealth Rock, such as Salamence and Gyarados. If Jirachi pulls off a Wish, these huge threats can come in at full health and can attempt a sweep of their own.</p>
I have two additions that you may consider. Firstly, why not mention how to actually use this Jirachi? Is there a specific strategy involved that makes it easier for Jirachi to sweep, such as using Wish every second turn? It would be quite beneficial for the reader to see how to pull this off effectively.

My second suggestion is to make a mention of Choice Band Tyranitar when you are talking about Trick users crippling Jirachi's effectiveness. Since the Trickster will most likely be Pursuit weak, such as Gengar, Latias, or Rotom-A, Tyranitar can Pursuit them for a free kill. That makes Jirachi's job much more effective as a sweeper.

Nice work on the analysis!

I have two additions that you may consider. Firstly, why not mention how to actually use this Jirachi? Is there a specific strategy involved that makes it easier for Jirachi to sweep, such as using Wish every second turn? It would be quite beneficial for the reader to see how to pull this off effectively.

My second suggestion is to make a mention of Choice Band Tyranitar when you are talking about Trick users crippling Jirachi's effectiveness. Since the Trickster will most likely be Pursuit weak, such as Gengar, Latias, or Rotom-A, Tyranitar can Pursuit them for a free kill. That makes Jirachi's job much more effective as a sweeper.

Nice work on the analysis!

I'll make those changes ASAP. I had planned on writing a more extensive team option section tonight, and a choiced TTar was definitely on the list. As for how to use this Rachi, I thought it was self explanatory, and I did explain how you should use Wish every other turn, but I will try to explain it better.

Edit: Okay, I fixed all of that, and added an extra paragraph on team options. Though it's now longer than I originally wanted, this should be the complete analysis, bar some extra grammatical edits!

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
first thing first, why is every analysis suddenly in second person (suddenly as in in the past year apparently, so not so suddenly......)

[SET]
Flash Cannon and TBolt coverage is kinda bad compared to Psychic and TBolt, and should probably just be mentioned in set comments tbh (also Latias can't beat it one on one and TTar can't really too unless great luck).

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>At first glance, this may look similar to the Calm Mind + Substitute Sweeper set, but there are a few distinct differences between the two. The first major difference is that this set allows Jirachi to heal itself and support the team with Wish, while also being able to set up a sweep with a few Calm Mind under its belt.</p>
A new paragraph since you're talking about a different aspect etc.

<p>Thunderbolt and Psychic provide Jirachi with respectable type coverage, only being resisted by Pokemon with unique type combinations, such as Latias, Magnezone or Celebi.
Extreme nitpick in placing the most used first etc. Added Magnezone because it is still pretty common, and more used than Celebi due to Scizor and etc. good type resistance.

Flash Cannon is another solid option, despite the lower Base Power in comparison to Psychic, as it provides Jirachi with an answer for Pokemon like Tyranitar and Latias.</p>
disliked that.. uhhhhhhhh... 'stray' as.

same as above, a new paragraph since you're talking about a different aspect etc.

Treat analyses like an essay (note: no need to be extreme as theorymon xD).

<p>The other major difference is the EV spread and nature. Because Jirachi does not have Substitute to help absorb attacks, it is necessary to invest EVs into its Defense to give it physical bulk.
officially blaming the current most influential CCer, theorymon for this use of second person.

This spread allows Jirachi to survive a +1 Adamant Life Orb Earthquake from Gyarados while it is at full health, while it providing you with enough Speed to outpace max Speed Tyranitar.
this is just me fixing up stuff so I like the sentence, as i said on irc.

Alternatively, PLEASE REMOVE THIS you may use 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe with a Bold nature allows you to outspeed any base 90 Pokemon with a neutral nature, notably Lucario. This spread might lose you some bulk, but you will also be taking less hits because you will outpace threats before they can strike. REMOVE THIS TOO IT JUST SEEMS LIKE YOURE TRYING TO MAKE THE ANALYSIS LONGER THAN IT NEEDS TO BE FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING THE ANALYSIS LONG</p>
<p>Although this set provides Jirachi with the ability to support its team with Wish, Jirachi also becomes more vulnerable to being crippled with the loss of Substitute.
more vulnerable to what? you need to state everything! I know that you processed it as you were typing it, but it is also a common mistake of many to skip things while typing/writing because well.... psychology should explain why. -,-

opening sentences should always be an indication of what you will talk about in the paragraph. (honestly though i read further down and was like 'oh', but at the same time backs up my point in the above paragraph).

In addition, the lack of Substitute also means that Jirachi is prone to Pokemon with Trick. The most effective way to set up this particular Jirachi is to alternate between Wish and Calm Mind as it provides a a pseudo safety net against critical hits. Finally, although Jirachi is immune to Toxic, it can still be paralyzed and burned, which can hinder its sweeping ability.</p>
Do not let these things discourage you from trying this set out, though.
just take this sentence out completely, imo.

<p>Despite the aformentioned problems due to the lack of Substitute, Wish is still a valuable asset on any team, as it allows Jirachi to support the team.
new paragraph because blah blah lazy to type....

this was REALLY iffy. you're original sentence almost implied that Wish makes it a sweeper, which isn't true. (see: lucario, sub petaya empoleon etc)

Jirachi also tends to attract Fire- and Ground-type attacks, which provide the perfect opportunity to bring in Pokemon who otherwise have trouble doing so due to Stealth Rock such as Heatran or Salamence and Gyarados, respectively. If Jirachi pulls off a Wish, these huge threats can come in at full health and attempt a sweep of their own.</p>
[/quote]

you don't really want to switch Mence into too many fireblast without roost and sr up tbh.....

<p>There are a few Pokemon who work particularly well with this Jirachi set that should be considered on your team. First of all, a Choice Band or Scarf Tyranitar with Pursuit can assist in eliminating threats that attempts to Trick their Choice item onto Jirachi.
[02:01:01] <junioritos> is it bad that i dont like some sentences because its not "smooth" and doesnt roll off your tongue
[02:01:01] <junioritos> "Choice Band or Scarf Tyranitar with Pursuit helps eliminate all threats that try to Trick their Choice item onto Jirachi"
[02:01:01] <junioritos> for example
[02:01:01] <junioritos> i want to change it to
[02:01:01] <junioritos> can assist in eliminating threats
[02:01:16] <Philip7086> please fix that
[02:01:23] <Philip7086> that's the one sentence i wanted someone to look at th most

Trick is predominantely used by Ghost- and Psychic-types, and so Tyranitar can usually net some free KOs with Pursuit by switching in as your opponent uses Trick. This may clear the path for Jirachi.
Starting a sentence with 'Because' isn't cool (or grammatically correct but people do it anyway)

since i edited the first part of the sentence and threw 'and' in it, i edited the last part too because two 'and' used as a conjunction makes it sound awkward. also 'may' because of heatran. basically same idea, different wording again.

However, Jirachi may have to also deal with the common Infernape and Heatran, meaning Latias is another suitable companion.
As an added bonus,
i ascended up the stairs.
i descended down the stairs.

almost a tautology in this case, but in this context it might as well be.

"As a bonus," is better than "As an added bonus,".

Latias is also immune to Gound-type attacks and resists Fire-type attacks, making her another good Wish recipient. Finally, as mentioned earlier, Salamence and Gyarados are effective offensive partners with this particular Jirachi.
If you can time your Wish properly to let them come in at full health, bypassing Stealth Rock damage, both of these Pokemon become very hard to stop.
'Wish properly', second person, and 'very hard to stop' are the bad things about this sentence.

i don't know how to fix it but you should look at it aain when you have time!

You should also take into consideration which move you choose for Jirachi when selecting teammates. For example, if you use Thunderbolt and Psychic, it is recommended that you carry a check for Tyranitar and Calm Mind Latias, who can both beat you. Gliscor or Swampert can beat most Tyranitars, and a Tyranitar of your own can beat Latias. If you are using Flash Cannon over Psychic, you should consider packing something that can beat Electric-type Pokemon such as Raikou or Electivire. Scarf Flygon does an excellent job at this, and also makes for a good Wish recipient as well, considering its typing and ability. With these bases covered, Calm Mind Wish Jirachi should prove to be menacing to your opponent.</p>
i'm too lazy to finish looking at this last bit, and the fact that i couldnt fix the other sentence before this for you killed my motivation.

love, jr.

ps. you owe me one

pps. add in somewhere with will o wisp support, like rotom or sub WoW heatran, if appropriate - seriously it helps jirachi. this comes from experience.

Thanks hunior! You do not disappoint! I'll be making these fixes when I get back from class today.

Edit: Updated with my concise paragraph included!

Some quick fixes:

It is best to set up Jirachi's sweep against another Pokemon who primarily uses special attacks, as Calm Mind will reduce the damage you take.
"Special attacks" shouldn't be capitalized. Same thing happens if you were to say "physical attacks".

Thunderbolt and Psychic provide Jirachi with respectable type coverage, only being resisted by Pokemon with unique type combinations, such as Latias, Magnezone, and Celebi.
You should say "and" instead of "or". You're kind of making the Pokemon more individual with "or", but that shouldn't be the case because all of them resist Thunderbolt and Psychic, so "and" makes more sense.

Alternatively, 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe with a Bold nature allows you to outspeed any base 90 Pokemon with a neutral nature, most notably Lucario.
Perhaps you should add in most there, because Lucario is basically the most notable of all base 90s.

Gliscor or Swampert can beat most Tyranitar, and a Tyranitar of your own can beat Latias.
Don't add an 's' if you want to pluralize a Pokemon, keep it the same.

5 Sheep / 5 Tyranitar

If you are using Flash Cannon over Psychic, you should consider packing someone that can beat Electric-type Pokemon such as Raikou or Electivire.
Pokemon are referred to as people, so you should probably switch "something" with "someone".

With these bases covered, Wish + Calm Mind Jirachi should prove to be menacing to your opponent.
I assume you were referring to the actual Jirachi set, so you should say "Wish + Calm Mind" instead of "Calm Mind Wish", because that's the name of the set.

Great work Philip!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)