Duo Destruction - Awards!

Looks like you're in the same boat as me sir. If the player predicts the obvious switch to pawniard when he has drifloon out, scraggy gets a free dragon dance if you're lucky (crunch if he predicts like a god that you send out wynaut, but that's not likely so I'll leave it out) and you get your wynaut in.

Now you have to make the risky prediction of if he will continue you to dragon dance (seriously, who doesn't suspect something fishy when you switch wynaut into scraggy) or if he will crunch. Even if you encore the crunch, survive, and switch to pawni, he can still switch (and potentially sac) drifloon and you're stuck with a slower pawniard and a wynaut with no dark resist against scraggy where you will lose. It's tough, especially with a godly (make the most of this compliment blara ;) ) theorymonner like blara on patrol, but I think it will actually make this very interesting. Challenge accepted blara, back to the drawing board to fix my core.

Edit: Blarajan to it first.

It's not a ton of predictions. you switch in as they use a fighting-type move and then you use counter. doesn't seem incredibly difficult.

If your core is Wynaut / Pawniard, and they get Scraggy in on Pawniard, they (or at least, I) would Dragon Dance. Then you have a 50-50 shot here, as they can either Drain Punch to put you in Crunch KO range (even with Colbur), and not get KOed by Counter, or Swords Dance predicting the Counter. Or they could Crunch here predicting the Encore, and then smash.

When you get Wynaut here, you have to either Encore or Counter. Keeping that in mind, they can make predictions, and you have to make predictions. Wynaut is a 50% chance buddy. You can't just assume they will use Crunch after using a Fighting-type move on Wynaut switching in. You need to assume they'll probably be at +1, and that Drain Punch + Crunch will KO Wynaut after Rocks rather frequently, and that they can get to +2 when you use Counter. If you're saying you'll just Counter each time, then them getting to +2 is a very real possibility. Furthermore, and this is a big thing I forgot...Encore can only waste 24 PP of a move. Dragon Dance has 32 PP. They can keep Dragon Dancing until you have to switch out or lose. So when you switch Wynaut out, they switch Scraggy out, and rinse and repeat, except this time Wynaut has taken more Stealth Rock damage, and guarantees getting KOed by Drain Punch + Crunch.

and thank you spuds hahaha.

edit: You don't have to change your cores just because I said something lol...I'm not even in charge of this project!

blarajan 236 +1 Atk Scraggy Crunch vs 80 HP/216 Def Eviolite Wynaut: 77.78% - 100%
16:40 blarajan yeah
16:40 blarajan only ohkoes if i roll max
16:40 blarajan i always drain punch ==> crunch wynaut
16:40 Danilo so ohko after rocks?
16:40 blarajan sometimes
16:41 Danilo how good is the chance to ohko
16:41 blarajan with rocks
16:41 blarajan mmm
16:41 blarajan 75% of the time
16:41 Danilo so that's a very good chance
16:41 Danilo kk thanks

So whenever you see Wynaut you assume it's Eviolite because NO ONE uses Colbur Berry. With this mentality, say you get Scraggy in on Pawniard, Pawniard switches out as Scraggy dances. I bring in Wynaut and take some Stealth Rock damage. Standard Eviolite Wynaut has a very good chance of being OHKO'd by a +1 Crunch so you go for it, only to learn that I have Colbur Berry and take you out with a Counter. Certainly not perfect prediction. We talked about this on irc so i'll let RayJay see what he thinks in about a week.

In the same way...I don't risk Scraggy at least, when I play it.

236 +1 Atk Scraggy Crunch vs 80 HP/216 Def Eviolite Wynaut: 77.78% - 100%
6.25% chance to OHKO

Possible HP Damage: 21, 21, 21, 21, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 27

Is the set you had, with Eviolite > Colbur Berry. With this set, if I roll badly, I can still take a Counter with Stealth Rock in play. Furthermore, many people use a more physically defensive spread, and many people use specially defensive spreads---it's not always in the middle like yours. Since I won't know for sure the spread, and since I know I can't always OHKO, why would I risk getting smashed with a Counter when I can just safely Drain Punch and live a Counter ==> Crunch?

Though I agree that Colbur is incredibly unexpected and it is not what I would think when playing against it, that doesn't matter as it isn't really a reliable counter with the Eviolite mentality. Unless you play balls to the wall and just risk your Pokemon for no reason, you won't just get an easy Counter from people thinking you're Eviolite.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
DON'T WORRY GUYS, I HAVE A PLAN

Also, I know Croagunk has already been used but that's a silly rule so I honestly dgaf

Sunkern (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 116 HP / 196 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Endeavor
- Giga Drain

Croagunk (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Anticipation
EVs: 212 HP / 188 Atk / 36 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Spa)
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch
- Payback
- Substitute

Vs. Scraggy: Send in Sunkern and let it die. If you somehow manage to Encore a Dragon Dance, more power to ya. Then use the free switch to bring in Croagunk. Croagunk can take anything Scraggy can dish out at +1 (Scraggy won't get +2 at risk of being Encore'd) and KO with Cross Chop. Sucker Punch has a decent chance of OHKOing Drifloon when it comes out. If the player switches out of Scraggy to Floon, you can catch it with Payback. That requires prediction of course, but assuming you can counter something without a reasonable amount of prediction is foolish.

Vs. Drifloon: This one is a little more tricky because Drifloon has Destiny Bond. If you can Substitute on the Destiny Bond, you're golden. If you anticipate the Acrobatics, go for Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch is generally the safer bet, since then you are at least guaranteed to take out Drifloon.

Oh my god Draco your combo is so sexy, but what happens if your amazingly built Croagunk takes out both of them but dies to Destiny Bond?
My young padawan, you must understand that sacrifices must be made at times. Rest assured that Sunkern and Croagunk died for the good of team and take solace in the fact that you have done what was asked of you: dismantled the core.

My Croagunk died before it could take out Scraggy, what do I do?
Switch in your Mienfoo and deal with it. Every team uses it. GAWD.

Why Sunkern?
His Pokeatholon stats are AMAZING.

Your counters suck, you should be ashamed of yourself.
no u

Hope you liked and don't ever, EVER actually use this :toast:

BOW TO THE MIGHT OF THE ALMIGHTY SHIELDON AND HIS ASSISTANT ZUBAT

Zubat (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Shieldon (M) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 196 HP / 180 Atk / 96 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Metal Burst
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish

When they lead with Drifloon:

Switch in Shieldon and take the hit.. Use Substitute as they switch into Scraggy. Rock Polish next turn. Substitute again when they break it. Oran berry will heal you back to full health. use Metal Burst next turn. If they use Drain Punch or HJK, Sturdy will activate and Metal Burst will kill Scraggy. You can kill Drifloon with Rock Slide afterwards. If they switch to Drifloon on the Metal Burst, you can rock slide to kill it and then use metal burst. If they then switch to scraggy, just repeat. You can't lose.

If they lead with Scraggy:

Switch in Zubat. It cannot be ohko'd by a Crunch after even after rocks (HJK does pitiful damage as it's 4× resisted), while BB always ohko's scraggy after rocks. If Scraggy uses Dragon Dance, you outspeed. Brave bird will also OHKO Drifloon after rocks, so it'll be GG.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Ducklett @ Eviolite
Bold | Big Pecks
evs: 180 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 116 SpD
move 1: Air Slash
move 2: FeatherDance
move 3: Roost
move 4: Toxic

Staryu @ Eviolite
Timid | Natural Cure
evs: 36 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
move 1: Recover
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Rapid Spin
move 4: Thunder Wave

Stealth Rock: 6 (24%)
Roost: 13 (52%)

Scraggy +2 Crunch: 13-16 (52 - 64%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 64%)
Scraggy +1 Crunch: 10-13 (40 - 52%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 52%)
Scraggy +0 Crunch: 7-9 (28 - 36%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 36%)
Scraggy -1 Crunch: 6-7 (24 - 28%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 28%)
Scraggy -2 Crunch: 4-6 (16 - 24%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 24%)

Drifloon Gem Acrobatics: 12-15 (48 - 60%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 60%)
Drifloon -2 Gem Acrobatics: 7-10 (28 - 40%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 40%)
Drifloon Acrobatics: 7-10 (28 - 40%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 40%)
Drifloon Shadow Ball: 7-10 (28 - 40%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 40%)

Air Slash vs Scraggy: 12-14 (57.14 - 66.66%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 66%)
Air Slash vs Drifloon: 10-13 (38.46 - 50%) (only a 1/16 chance to do 50%)

It beats Scraggy, as you can Roost on +1, +0, or -1 Crunches. Staryu is just there to soak up the Flying Gem- Drifloon is pretty much forced to use it unless it wants to die to Thunderbolt. After Flying Gem is gone, Ducklett wins. There's not really much to say here, I can do a detailed analysis if you guys really want it. It's basically Roost when in 2HKO range, FeatherDance when not, eventually kill Scraggy, Toxic Drifloon and win. Crits aren't much of a problem amazingly, as Scraggy needs to roll max damage twice at +0 to kill Ducklett. As long as you play safe, Ducklett simply won't die. Big Pecks prevents Defense drops. Other than that the only thing I can think of is multiple Shadow Ball Special Defense drops, but even at -1 you can Roost off Shadow Ball damage. Staryu can always be used to kill off Drifloon anyways if the Flying Gem has already been consumed. I know Staryu's set looks really specialized, but honestly you don't really need Rapid Spin or Thunder Wave- they're just insurance here. Thunder Wave covers random last mon Staryu vs Drifloon cases with Destiny Bond, and Rapid Spin is good for Ducklett (although it doesn't need it).

Even without SR, it normally kills.

200 Atk Flying Gem Drifloon Acrobatics vs 180 HP/196 Def Eviolite Ducklett: 52% - 64%
2 hits to KO

Possible HP Damage: 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16

200 Atk Drifloon Acrobatics vs 180 HP/196 Def Eviolite Ducklett: 36% - 48%
3 hits to KO

Possible HP Damage: 9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 12

15 + 10 = 25 GG NO RE

BOW TO THE MIGHT OF THE ALMIGHTY SHIELDON AND HIS ASSISTANT ZUBAT

Zubat (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Shieldon (M) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 196 HP / 180 Atk / 96 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Metal Burst
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish

When they lead with Drifloon:

Switch in Shieldon and take the hit.. Use Substitute as they switch into Scraggy. Rock Polish next turn. Substitute again when they break it. Oran berry will heal you back to full health. use Metal Burst next turn. If they use Drain Punch or HJK, Sturdy will activate and Metal Burst will kill Scraggy. You can kill Drifloon with Rock Slide afterwards. If they switch to Drifloon on the Metal Burst, you can rock slide to kill it and then use metal burst. If they then switch to scraggy, just repeat. You can't lose.

If they lead with Scraggy:

Switch in Zubat. It cannot be ohko'd by a Crunch after even after rocks (HJK does pitiful damage as it's 4× resisted), while BB always ohko's scraggy after rocks. If Scraggy uses Dragon Dance, you outspeed. Brave bird will also OHKO Drifloon after rocks, so it'll be GG.
Scraggy uses Crunch predicting the switch on Zubat

236 Atk Scraggy Crunch vs 36 HP/0 Def Zubat: 71.43% - 85.71%

It frequently does 16 HP. 16 + 5 (SR damage on Zubat) = 21 = Zubat HP

If Zubat lives with 1 HP, switch to Drifloon on the Brave Bird and have Zubat die from recoil while not even OHKOing Drifloon (252 Atk Zubat Brave Bird vs 36 HP/8 Def Drifloon: 69.23% - 84.62%). Scraggy then OHKOes Shieldon.

edit: Let the record reflect that Iss changed his core from only Ducklett to Ducklett + Staryu after we smashed it.

Not a man

iss

let's play bw lc!
So basically the only two counters at this point are blarajan's Shelmet + Magnemite and my Ducklett + Staryu? Got it.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
So basically the only two counters at this point are blarajan's Shelmet + Magnemite and my Ducklett + Staryu? Got it.
Without using more than two mons it appears so. RayJay told me you can post more than two mons per core, you just won't receive any points.

iss

let's play bw lc!
<iss> wait chieliee
<iss> you're at 100% without a sub against scraggy right
<iss> what if they crunch
<chieliee> OH FUCK
<chieliee> SHIT
<chieliee> NOOOOOO

i have to admit i laughed

also as iss pointed out if scraggy uses crunch vs shieldon to break sturdy, i lose

sorry shieldon, i'm leaving you behind :'(

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
prem's point on irc was that posting 2 individual counters to the core is unnacceptable. If you post 2 Pokes, they must form a core together and you must explain how they synergize, specifically against the target core. Otherwise you won't score points.

Took me 3 tries and a few hours, but it looks like I finally got a solid one.

Cottonee (M) @ Coba Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Toxic
- Taunt

Archen (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spd
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack
- Aerial Ace

Vs Scraggy:

Send in cottonee. It can live any +0 hit from Scraggy. Use Encore. If it DD's, switch to Archen. If it HJK's or Drain Punches or Crunches, let Cottonee die. From there, when Archen has a safe switch-in, use Acrobatics followed by a Stone Edge. (or use acrobatics 3 times if they switch in drifloon)

Vs Drifloon: Send in Cottonee. Due to the Coba Berry, it can live one Acrobatics. Use Stun Spore. If they kill you, send in Archen and kill off both mons. If they switch to Scraggy to take the Stun Spore, spam Encore. Then, either let it die, or switch in Archen if it DD'd, and kill the opponent off accordingly.

iss

let's play bw lc!
You have to hit a Stun Spore and a Stone Edge, which is an 60% chance. Losing 40% of the time is sort of a lot 9.9

there's no haxproof core. In theory, this core should always beat scragfloon.

EDIT: Also, unlike blara's core, this core doesn't require any prediction (this goes for your core too, iss). You just follow a certain procedure and win

speaking of losing with blara's core, here's how. Keep on double switching. SR will wear down Shelmet quickly. When it's forced to use Recover, you can use Acrobatics to kill it. Scraggy can then kill Magnemite. THis requires a lot of prediction, both in the double switching and using acrobatics at the correct time, but it works.

Uhh...I don't know how my core requires any prediction at all. Just switch to the right mon, use the same move every time, and win? There is legitimately no prediction whatsoever, as I outlined in my post the exact steps to follow. If you follow the procedure as I showed it, you will win. You don't have to predict anything, nor do you ever have to deviate from that path.

As to your plan, if you continue double switching, and get it right every time, and I play it incredibly incorrectly and forget the main goal, then sure, you have a shot at winning. But you have to keep in mind...the goal for my core is to get Shelmet to +2. If I see that's how you're playing, why would I do anything but let Scraggy kill Magnemite, get a free switch in with Shelmet, get to +2, and proceed to outstall Scraggy / Drifloon?

I don't give a damn if Magnemite dies if Shelmet gets a turn for free against Scraggy. So, no, that doesn't "beat" my core. At all, really. And as you said, for you to even have a shot at doing so (which you don't), you would have to predict correctly a ton of times.

As for your core, Chieliee, that's a rather foolish stance to take. If I posted a core that could only counter if Hypnosis hit, then nobody here would say it's a counter. 40% chance to lose does not a good counter make. In some instances, if a counter has to repeatedly take hits, the chances of hax can build up. If this chance gets too high, you can't really call it a counter! 40% chance to fail is a rather high chance. "In theory" sure, I guess, but when that theory falls flat on its face 40% of the time, then it's a really shitty theory in my opinion.

Furthermore, I was just rather confused when I saw your explanation, as I feel like it's kind of weird as I would just switch my Scraggy or Drifloon out of a fucking Archen...but whatever. I won't really say anything here since it'll cause an unnecessary shitstorm.

The main thing is that 40% chance to lose is a huge chance to lose, and you can't really call something a consistent counter (or a counter at all), when it has odds less than Focus Miss.

oh okay yeah you're right about just saccing magnemite

oops

but, i changed Stun Spore to Memento. After a Memento, Archen can live two Shadow Balls, even after SR (6 Atk vs 11 Def & 23 HP (80 Base Power): 6 - 7 (26.09% - 30.43%)). Acrobatics doesn't do much either (7 Atk vs 11 Def & 23 HP (110 Base Power): 3 - 5 (13.04% - 21.74%))

Chance of succeeding is now 80, it only depends on Stone Edge.

Furthermore, I'm changing Aerial Ace to Hone Claws on Archen. This means that it can set up one Hone Claws versus -2 Drifloon, and then proceed to kill both, even with Defeatist activated.

i'll add a new description+add calcs+ add cool sprite stuff later, just to make this post look good.

edit: umm actually, if they send in scraggy on memento, sac it, then use acro+shadow ball, and stone edge misses, i'm still dead. But that's a slim chance.

EDIT: Rock Slide kills as well. i'd say a 90% chance is acceptable, right?

EDIT: fuck as iss pointed out, floon can use memento. THis post is getting really messy, lol

one more edit: i can play around dbond. I'll write a new post for clarity, lol

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Toxic
- Taunt

Archen (M) @ Flying Gem
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack
- Hone Claws

iss

let's play bw lc!
two words chieliee

destiny bond

yes, theoretically you can stall it out, but that would require perfect prediction on your end

edit: with the changed set you still have trouble with dbond first:

Code:
Start of turn 3!
Chieliee called Magikarp back!
Chieliee sent out Cottonee!
Pointed stones dug into Chieliee's Cottonee!

Drifloon used Destiny Bond!
Drifloon is trying to take its foe with it!

Start of turn 4!
Chieliee's Cottonee used Memento!
Chieliee's Cottonee fainted!
Drifloon's Attack sharply fell!
Drifloon's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Drifloon used Destiny Bond!
Drifloon is trying to take its foe with it!

Chieliee sent out Archen!
Pointed stones dug into Chieliee's Archen!

Start of turn 5!
Chieliee's Archen used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
Drifloon lost 26 HP! (100% of its health)
Drifloon fainted!
Drifloon took Chieliee's Archen down with it!
Chieliee's Archen fainted!
The problem here is that Drifloon doesn't have to use Acrobatics first, meaning it can save its Flying Gem until later. With smart play, the Drifloon player can use Destiny Bond while Cotonee uses Memento, forcing the Archen to use Hone Claws while the Drifloon Acrobatics and then Shadow Balls for the KO. This is still a pretty solid counter, but it requires far more prediction than other counters.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Placeholder for Croagunk + Murkrow if I'm allowed to use this?
They've already been mentioned but scarf Murkrow was no-where near a counter and I'm not sure about spud's/dracoyoshi's gunk. I'll replace it with something else if I'm not allowed.

Will edit with sets & descriptions later.

Okay:

+

Croagunk (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 212 HP / 188 Atk / 36 Def / 28 SAtk / 36 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Drain Punch
- Vacuum Wave

Murkrow (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Atk / 180 Def / 20 SDef / 28 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Toxic
- Roost
- Brave Bird

If Scraggy is out:
As you might expect if Scraggy is out I'm gonna go to Croagunk who, as everyone knows, can easily defeat Scraggy with a combination of Drain Punch and Vacuum Wave.
However the majority of battlers wouldn't leave their Scraggy in against Gunk, so would switch to Drifloon. If this is the case, you could Shadow Ball on the predicted switch and then KO with sucker punch.
If you don't predict the switch, sucker punch still has a 50% chance to KO.
Obviously Drifloon can destiny bond killing your Croagunk, but this doesn't matter as Murkrow can outspeed and KO Scraggy with BB.
If sucker punch doesn't KO and Drifloon uses Acrobatics, Murkrow can come in and toxic (to avoid destiny bond) and then roost off the damage. Acrobatics always does less than 50% without the gem so Murkrow can always recover stall. Murkrow then KO's Scraggy with Brave Bird.

If Drifloon is out:
Send out Murkrow to take the Acrobatics. Whilst this does more than 50%, the next one will not, so Murkrow can priority roost stall. Then proceed to use sucker punch. The brilliant thing about this is that it doesn't quite KO if Drifloon is at full health meaning there is no need to be scared of Destiny Bond.
You can then roost of damage and toxic Drifloon. Or you could just attack it again. It doesn't matter if Murkrow dies at this point because you still have Croagunk to beat Scraggy. If Murkrow does defeat Drifloon then it is a simple matter of KO'ing Scraggy with Brave Bird.

I'm sure blarajan or iss have spotted some major flaw in this though...

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Substitute
- Memento

Archen (M) @ Flying Gem
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Agility
- Hone Claws

warning: some pretty damn complicated stuff coming along

If Scraggy is out Switch in Cottonee.

If it double switches to Drifloon, go to S1
If it uses Dragon Dance or any attacking move, Encore. If it switches to Drifloon this turn, go to S2 If it used any attacking move, go to S3 If it used Dragon Dance, go to S4

S1: Use Substitute. If it used Destiny Bond, go to S1.1 If it used any of its attacking moves, go to S1.2 If it switched back into Scraggy, go to S1.3

S1.1: Encore Destiny Bond, then use Stun Spore. Switch in Archen, use Agility, and wait until it's fully paralyzed. Attack, boom boom boom.

S1.2 use Encore, and sac Cottonee. Archen sweeps.

S1.3 Use Memento. it doesn't matter if they switched or not, Archen outspeeds both and OHKO's

S2: Most dangerous situation (doesn't occur very often, though). You either have to rely on Stun spore. (S2.1), or play mindgames followed by a 50/50 damage roll (S2.2)

S2.1: Hope stun spore hits. If it doesn't, it's gg. If it does, let cottonee die (either let floon kill it or use memento if it's fully paralyzed) If it uses Destiny Bond after you Memento'd, use Substitute with Archen and then sweep.. If didn't use Destiny Bond, sweep.

S2.2 If you Memento and he uses Destiny Bond, it's gg, as Archen can't attack due to destiny bond, and a flying gem boosted acrobatics breaks the sub, and shadow ball does more than 50% If you Encore while he uses an attacking move, Encore will fail because it was used first. Drifloon can then finish you off. If you use Memento while he uses an attacking move, switch in Archen and use Hone Claws once, to make sure you OHKO Scraggy even in Defeatist range. Then sweep. (you can take two shadow ball even after SR) if he didn't use acrobatics as you Encore'd, you can just finish the opponent off.

S3: Sac Cottonee, outspeed and OHKO both mons with Archen

S4: Switch in Archen while it is still Encored. Outspeed and OHKO both mons with Archen.

If Drifloon is out: Switch in Cottonee. (Coba berry will cause you to always live one acrobatics) If it double switched to Scraggy, go to D1 If it used Destiny Bond, go to D2. If it used HP Fire or Shadow ball, go to D3. If it used Acrobatics, go to D4

D1: Encore Destiny Bond. If Scraggy switches in, go to D1.1 If it doesn't, go to D1.2

D1.1 Use Substitute, followed by an Encore, and then sac cottonee/switch in Archen while scraggy is encore'd into DD, and sweep. In case the opponent switches to Drifloon again, you can Stun Spore it for free, meaning Archen wins all the time.

D1.2: While Drifloon is still locked into Destiny Bond, switch to Archen. Use Agility. You'll now outspeed it, even after Unburden. Whenever he attacks, you attack the next turn. (you can live a +0 shadow ball after SR)

D2 Use Encore, followed by Memento. Switch in Archen and use Agility, followed by Hone Claws. Whenever it attacks, counterattack to evade destiny bond and sweep.

D3 Use Encore and let it die, archen sweeps. If scraggy switches in on the Encore, spam more encore. If they switch back to Drifloon, use Memento. I'm pretty sure i explained what to do now somewhere in this post already.

D4 Use Encore. Archen will be over 50% HP after SR and Acrobatics, meaning it won't be in defeatist range. It sweeps.

okay looks like i'm done here. It's not a 100% guaranteed counter, but it comes very, very close. (only one specific way to beat it)

iss

let's play bw lc!
Corkscrew, you can't use either:

In general, you shouldn't use a Pokemon that has been used yet at all.

They are different sets, however, and this is the first round, so we'll let it slide. In the future, the policy will be that if a Pokemon has been posted, it is off limits, regardless of whether it counters or not. This is because the person has time to edit their entry as the round progresses.
edit: @ Chieliee: S2 really worries me quite a bit. Hitting Stun Spore and Rock Slide is only a 67.5% chance, which is still pretty bad. The 50/50 predict is even worse. With proper play you will win, but it's just such a complicated counter that honestly, it doesn't do a great job at countering the two just because how high the skill cap is.

Looks like Koffing needs a teammate!

Koffing (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 236 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Clear Smog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb

Voltorb @ Eviolite
Trait: Static
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 236 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Scraggy HJK vs Koffing: 14.29% - 23.81% (3-5 HP)
At +1: 28.57% - 33.33% (6-7 HP)
Scraggy Crunch vs Koffing: 28.57% - 33.33% (6-7 HP)
At +1: 33.33% - 47.62% (7-10 HP)

Drifloon Flying Gem Acrobatics vs Koffing: 42.86% - 57.14% (9-12 HP)
Drifloon Acrobatics vs Koffing: 33.33% - 42.86% (7-9 HP)
Drifloon Shadow Ball vs Koffing: 28.57% - 33.33% (6-7 HP)

----------

Drifloon Flying Gem Acrobatics vs Voltorb: 38.1% - 42.86% (8-9 HP)
Drifloon Acrobatics vs Voltorb: 23.81% - 28.57% (5-6 HP)
Drifloon Shadow Ball vs Voltorb: 33.33% - 42.86% (7-9 HP)

----------

Koffing Sludge Bomb vs Drifloon: 23.08% - 30.77% (6-8 HP)

Koffing Clear Smog vs Scraggy: 19.05% - 28.57% (4-6 HP)
Koffing Sludge Bomb vs Scraggy: 33.33% - 42.86% (7-9 HP)

----------

Voltorb Tbolt vs Scraggy: 33.33% - 47.62% (7-10 HP)
Voltorb Volt Switch vs Scraggy: 33.33% - 42.86% (7-9 HP)

Both Thunderbolt and Volt Switch will OHKO Drifloon.

Ok, here we go:

When Scraggy is out, we go to Koffing. If it tries to DD, we Clear Smog next turn, if it attacks we Sludge Bomb next turn. Koffing will always beat Scraggy 1 on 1, so if/when they switch to Drifloon we will Pain Split if it can't KO us, then switch to Voltorb.

If Drifloon is out or they bring it out against Koffing, we switch to Voltorb. Regardless of its move choice, Voltorb survives. If Drifloon uses Shadow Ball or WoW, outspeed and OHKO with T-Bolt.

If they go for Acrobatics and activate Unburden however, it can outspeed and Destiny Bond, so Voltorb should T-Wave next turn. If they didn't choose Destiny Bond, then you can outspeed and KO with T-Bolt. However, if they did Destiny Bond, Taunt until they attack again and Destiny Bond is no longer active, then KO with T-Bolt.

If they switch to Scraggy at any point in this process, you can Volt Switch out to Koffing again, and either beat Scraggy or switch back to Voltorb if they bring in Drifloon again. If Scraggy eats both a T-Bolt and a Volt Switch, it is dead with rocks and otherwise Koffing can KO it with any move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)