Electro Dance Music

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
above and beyond - group therapy radio

they've got a podcast on itunes if that's your cup of tea as well as streaming on their website. the ep i linked to is their fans' favourites ep (basically like the asot yearmixes), and it's got heaps of great stuff - a lot from their label anjunabeats as well as some other stuff.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's the general consensus about Pendulum? For those of you that aren't acquainted with the drum and bass group (of which I'm pretty sure are few), here are some of what I think are their best tracks:

[youtube]XlvZdsO5sIg[/youtube]

[youtube]YazgGP2T4fo[/youtube]

[youtube]_BD_eEpuzXw[/youtube]

[youtube]zhv7gtjFEqU[/youtube]

[youtube]22G7VaInM5o[/youtube]

[youtube]QycrglSfEJg[/youtube]

I personally think that they're one of the best drum and bass groups (The Prodigy gives them immense competition for the title of best drum and bass group) out there, and I'm happy that their sounds have changed across their 3 albums. They also have a few singles released under Breakbeat Kaos out there, but I really can't help you with that (the only ones I know of that actually exist are "Voyager" [released as a two-sided single with "Another Planet" on the A side], "Back 2 You" [released with "Still Grey" on the B side], and "Spiral / Ulterior Motive" [both singles not released on any Pendulum albums]). It's a shame that they have officially disbanded...

Pendulum post
Pendulum is great, man. Along with Daft Punk and Fatboy Slim, they are probably the guys that got me into electronic music. What I like is how they form a bridge between rock music (more or less) and drum 'n bass, and at that, they do a great job. I certainly count them among my favourite bands.

My favourite track by them is Plastic World, some other favourites are Tarantula, The Island, Witchcraft, and Encoder.

Also, here's a neat little mash-up of Watercolour, Witchcraft, The Tempest and Encoder. It's good, let me tell you that.

how did i just discover oni ayhun now, i am ashamed and mad at myself

[youtube]Y20xhvbDZBc[/youtube]

it is the guy from the knife making really beautiful mnml stuff, i can't stop listening

Got some great finds likely, a lot through this channel; FunkyyPanda. It's a lot like other big channels, like Hospital and Liquicity, instead it focuses on slightly less conventional genres, like Nu-Disco, Glitch-Hop and Funk. Most of it is really funky and groovy, I'd suggest everyone who's into this funky stuff to check it out!

Then a couple of artists I've started to like recently:

Ghost Beach. Not strictly electronic music only, it also has some indie influences, and I'm really digging it. All of it is pretty happy and jumpy, I particularly like Close Enough, which also features Noosa, another singer I've started liking lately.

Gabe Flaherty. A British fella (I believe) who makes this incredibly bouncy, happy music, absolutely brilliant. Amazon is my favourite, it makes me wanna dance (and I'm not a dancer at all).

Rundfunk. Not sure where he's from, but he specializes in Daft Punk-esque, funky electronic music. Especially the bass lines in his songs are amazing, check out the drop (1:30) in Turn Around.

Televisor. A duo made out off Rundfunk and someone else, with more Daft Punk-like music. Really, really incredible, fantastically layered and all that. Starlight.

Sorry for boring all of you, but I like it when other people like the kinda music I listen to, so give it a try and tell me what you think!

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been playing this lately, and it's pretty hot; 1:20 onwards sounds great.

@Trinitrotoluene: I enjoy Pendelum's music; love what they do. Also, and totally unrelated, Girei is hands down the best song in there, both because it's good and because of the character.

@Acklow: agreed. Also, it's a crazy coincidence the song I just mentioned at the beginning of this post comes from the same YouTube user as yours. Cheers.

@Novaray: look up Don't Blame The Party if you've never played it before; it's a good one too.

@Glen: very chill, I liked it. Anything else interesting from these guys?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This post is a combination of amazing news and a song to share.

Have many of you trance fans heard of Andy Moor? He's pretty big, he's been as high as in the teens/twenties in the DJ mag voting I think a few years back. Anyway, I got the opportunity to warm up (that means play a set before him) in the biggest nightclub in my city as part of his tour. In other words, my DJing has improved by leaps and bounds since I last updated you all - to the point where it's now my primary source of income (admittedly I'm a student). On the topic of Andy Moor, this song is amazing.

[youtube]8O91Vhauusg[/youtube]

Also since I've last posted, I've got a new love in the form of techno and tech house. I get to play this stuff quite a bit at one of my new residencies. The song below has to be one of my absolute favourites I've heard in a long time - Gesaffelstein is a boss.

[youtube]UIbOoYAL_oE[/youtube]

ahh i dont know the bb code to embed the video. anyways i was watching a channel runway show like a month ago and they used this song, its pretty infectious. not sure if its edm though i dont know much about bleep blops. the song is called light by daphni, i think he goes by the name caribou too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYwG-hgI2ls

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
ahh i dont know the bb code to embed the video. anyways i was watching a channel runway show like a month ago and they used this song, its pretty infectious. not sure if its edm though i dont know much about bleep blops. the song is called light by daphni, i think he goes by the name caribou too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYwG-hgI2ls
here's a picture of this post

the bb code is [youtube] + the video code (the part after the v= in the url of any given youtube video)
[youtube]iYwG-hgI2ls[/youtube]

bumpin track btw

VKCA

bumpin foe titties
[youtube]pUdonyv5N5c[/youtube]

there's a kind of mediocre section (in the video, song stays fine) from 0:45 to 1:30, but you might disagree depending on your taste in girls.

i spent a lot of last weekend and will be spending sometime this weekend watching the livestream of ultra music festival, in miami.

this upcoming weekend has some INSANE lineups. if you're into dubstep, on saturday they have a lineup consisting of borgore, flux pavilion & dr.p, datsik, adventure club, 12th planet, zeds dead, bassnectar and more.

they've obviously got some big names like fatboy slim, deadmau5 (who returned to perform at ultra this yr), swedish house mafia, etc. personally the lineup i'm most excited to watch is porter robinson, steve aoki, hardwell and knife party. those are some of the best live DJs to watch, imo.

oh and a friend of mine submitted his 12 min set in a contest associated with ultra, where the winner gets to PLAY at ultra, and he ended up winning it! here's the link to his set https://soundcloud.com/klaudofficial/klaud-umf-2013

anyway, this song is kind of old but its been stuck in my head for days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lETmskoqh30

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When it comes to female Vocal Dubstep, Adventure Club never disappoints; here's Rise & Fall featuring Krewella, and it's killer great. Personally love the light Trance touch thrown in on most of Adventure Club's songs.

@Milos: Hardwell's Spaceman is a good one; I hadn't listened to it in a while. Thanks for sharing.

@MS: that is very cool! Love minute 3:50 and onwards in Love Again. Also, how've you been? Cheers.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Gotta admit I've been listening to alot of Adventure Club recently. They have some pretty good stuff. I've also been listening to alot of chillout/chillstep/liquid dubstep/etc. Sizzlebird, Rameses B, and MitiS all come to mind when it comes to DJs whos' works I enjoy.

VKCA

When it comes to female Vocal Dubstep, Adventure Club never disappoints; here's Rise & Fall featuring Krewella, and it's killer great. Personally love the light Trance touch thrown in on most of Adventure Club's songs.
clicking that link brings me to the credits??? ctrl clicking it brings me there (not in a new tab either) as well, but right click > open in new tab opens it...
what the fuck?

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, here's a couple of fun tracks that I've been listening to lately. My non-professional commentary and the tracks themselves can be found inside the hide tags (hide tag format: artist - track name).

[youtube]GHHAthgzRuQ[/youtube]

Oh man, this is Swedish House Mafia's best track, and keep in mind that they have a couple of great tracks ["One" (non-vocal version, Pharrell's singing sucks balls), "Save The World" (both the short and extended versions), "Greyhound" It's soft and reassuring, yet upbeat and fun. The lyrics bring the soft and reassuring part to play, with the beats behind it making it danceable and just fun at the same time. I plan on using this as a team name sometime in the future, for those of you that care.

An acoustic version of this song is on Swedish House Mafia's channel.

[youtube]wEp9MCQlAa4[/youtube]

Another one of those quick fun tracks. Zedd does a great job with this track, starting it up slowly and building to a quick climax, having it fade out near the end. The lyrics are simplistic, but they do a great job in accentuating the beats. This song is an earworm, but it's a good earworm.

[youtube]jdWzwHYjHZQ[/youtube]

I am ashamed that I have not discovered Sp33fy M@n sooner. His tracks are better than that of many professionals, and are reminiscent of Daft Punk and deadmau5. They're really solid. If you have the time, sub to his channel. He needs more attention. Now, onto my analysis of "A Fog Lit Street". It's a little repetitive at times, but that's not enough for me to detract points from it, since the repetition is extremely soothing to the mind. It reminds me of "Lingus", by Oneworld.

[youtube]wsAqSJ9xzFU[/youtube]

DJ Shadow's stuff is pretty good. This track, which was on Endtroducing, his first album, is made entirely from samples, which are easily distinguished to those with more musical knowledge, yet it holds his own touch of originality. It's fun to listen to, and easy to dance to.

A remixed version (titled "Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)") can be found in his second album, Preemptive Strike.

[youtube]axveyzma3mA[/youtube]

This is a track from one of my absolute favorite electronic groups, The Glitch Mob. This track can be found in their "We Can Make the World Stop" EP, for those of you looking to support them. Now, this track is slower than the typical EDM track, but that's rather typical of them. What really makes this track amazing for me is the sudden transition from a lighter beat to a much heavier one. It's nothing like the drops experienced in modern dubstep which just makes you feel like you've been dropped on a rock. This transition is like entering a dark, undiscovered cave as you're out walking through some ruins that hold a haunting, royal air behind it. It's spine-chilling.

[youtube]JOrlmuprm-8[/youtube]

Zeldastep. Need I say more?

[youtube]xpoaAyPVKMs[/youtube]

How could I forget this track? Oh my gosh, this is amazing. It's one of the first tracks that really got me into techno. Take some time to listen to it, alright?

Well, that's all I've got tonight, people.

Gotta admit I've been listening to alot of Adventure Club recently. They have some pretty good stuff. I've also been listening to alot of chillout/chillstep/liquid dubstep/etc. Sizzlebird, Rameses B, and MitiS all come to mind when it comes to DJs whos' works I enjoy.
Aww yes, I'm finally not the only one here acknowledging the beauty of liquid anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)