Euthanasia (Peaked #1 on Smogon and Beta)

@CheatEnabled - ahh thanks man and I suppose I could try that especially with roost for much needed longevity after taking CC's and hydro's

@ZoroDark - Thanks a ton man! Yeah I'm pretty aware of the Terrakion weakness but each sets has checks it can't ever just go on a rampage through my team. Sorry I couldn't respond to your pm on po I just missed you. you should come to the #N0NE channel sometime ^_^

@Cubole Leader Gary - Looking forward to your rate as well as stone_cold's

@Void - Thanks bro, and yea nasty plot or u-turn + recover is what i'll run when I test Celebi. Love the kid cudi signature :)

@srk1214 - Oh really? That's cool I'm glad people are seeing the power of stoutland but at the same time I liked him as a secret that only a few people used :P Also I definitely loved the magneton suggestion it adds extra originality and some much needed additional speed to my only scarfer.

@Ripamon - Thanks a ton sir! :) I'm think on a sand team less prepared for sun venusaur would definitely be cool to try.

I want to take this post to thank everyone for the rates so far and to continue making suggestions I'd like to hear everyone's opinions. Also I want to remind people to make meaningful posts, people who just said "nice team bro" have had their posts deleted so please elaborate when posting.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I realize I'm the best and the only reason your team did so well is because of me.

Regardless, I'll post some stuff.

The only real, actual, serious problem this team encounters on a regular basis is Banded Terrakion. That thing's a bitch. There's only one Fighting resist on this team, and it's 2HKO'd by Banded CC and OHKO'd by Banded SE/X-Scissor. Hippowdon, despite its massive physical bulk, is 2HKO'd with good damage rolls after a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rocks. That's scary stuff. I didn't really know what to do about this weakness so I just tried to play around it. It's doable, but difficult. I ended up using Pursuit with Stoutland on a 7% Terrakion once.

Anyways a couple changes:

- I used more Speed EVs on Shaymin to beat Adamant Lucario and Timid Heatran. I don't know if this version has that or not, I couldn't be bothered to check.

- On DAT BIG DOGGY STOUT, I used Return, Wild Charge, Fire Fang, and Pursuit. I never really found myself needing Ice Fang except in ONE situation where I missed the OHKO on Landorus by 1%. Pursuit is super useful in case Specs Latios uses Surf on the BandTar switch in and manages to 2HKO.

- I couldn't ever really decide between Sleep Talk and Thunder on Magnezone. On one hand, Sleep Talk is a godsend against SubPunch Breloom, who otherwise gives this team a lot of trouble. On the other hand, Thunder makes it very easy to sweep Rain teams late game, as it's usually something like Politoed, Tornadus, and X other Pokemon remaining. I ended up going with Thunder, which was the exact wrong choice, as I ended up losing one of my WCoP matches because of the lack of Sleep Talk.

- On Hippowdon, what are you doing??? Ice Fang? Please. Roar? Hello. Whirlwind, my friend, is the way to go. That way those damn Soundproof Mr. Mimes can't set up on you.

Final Comments: Great team, I've used it in maybe 500 battles and gotten great ranks on both servers with it. What a fantastic combination of Pokemon. Thanks for the shout-out to your boy NPC, I ball hard.

I've been using this team, with Landorus replacing magnezone, on the Beta server, and having pretty effective results. Landorus more than pulls his weight with that sand-boosted Edgequake, and HP Ice eliminates the likes of mence, gliscor, and dnite with ease.
Strangely enough, the biggest roadblock to this team I've found is stall. I can play around major threats like Terrakion, but dedicated stall teams give me a hard time. How do other people that have tried this team deal with full stall?

This is my first rate in a while so forgive me if I'm a bit unorthodox.

The team is solid and I love the way you made the RMT. Quality!

The team is really good. The only contribution I can really make is to forget 100 Hp evs on Tyranitar and try to outspeed Rotom without speed evs. 208 Evs ironically outspeeds Rotom Forms with 4 evs in speed.

GANGSTARR (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

The team is very solid and even contains a certain amount of synergy. Moreover each power houses you've selected have great coverage and enough bulk to get the job done.

Considerations: I would consider the Celebi Suggestion due to the fact that using rest has causes you to waste a turn and possibly lose a power house Mid/ Late game. Other than that I like Shaymin have fewer weaknesses than Celebi, because it doesn't have to switch out against Landorus (unless it has low HP).
I wouldn't even worry about your Terrakion weakness too much because he is forced to switch on everything but Tyranitar and low health Shaymin. ChoiceBand Jolly doesn't get past Hippo so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Good Luck with the new version!

I tried this team out and it was extremely solid, though you seem to have major problems with Gengar, although suggesting another pokemon would just break up the team synergy :/
Have you ever thought of running more investment in bulk on your ttar though? From what I can see, your offensive core of Magnezone+Latios+Stoutland already deals with stall pretty well. The bulk could be useful to take hits better from powerful special attacks. To me, an ev spread of 248 Hp/ 116 Atk/ 144 SpD would suffice. This allows you to take 2 Surfs from Specs Latios, which would otherwise just completely shit on you as your only check is TTar.
I second the use of Magneton as well, its evolved form's speed tier is just too trollish lol, and you don't really miss out on anything power wise too.
Gl with your team and dual sand+non volt-turn=instant <3-disc! :]

Edit: Damn, I forgot that ev spread only works for lefties ttar -.-

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Thats a p good team.
My only suggestion is using T-bolt > Thunder Magnezone, and making t-tar a bit bulkier, so it can take 2 specs surfs from latios.
You may also try pursuit > ice fang stoutland.

I have had a lot of success with this team in ladder, gj!

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey bro, absolutely great team. I owe a lot to you for giving me this, as without it, who knows if I could have found that extra lil bit to get to 1st.

I know this team pretty well, and it has a few weaknesses. Latios can be an issue, as surf 2hkos tar. I ran Frustration / Pursuit / Wild Charge / Fire Fang, as I never really needed ice fang. It only does around 85% to gliscor, and fire fang can catch a scizor switchin, which is always nice. Crunch can work in that last slot, but it isn't really needed. Scarf Tera is the biggest problem by far, as if you need hippo to check something else, you can often find it around 60% health, enough for tera to take it with a layer of spikes. Take everyone's suggestion, and use a set like this :

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Ice /Fire
- U-turn / Earth Power
- Recover

All I can think of at the moment. Fuckin great team bro, i'm looking forward to your next one!

@Lavos Spawn - Hi NPC c: and yea I'm probs adding celebi for terrak and upcoming keldeo :/ and it literally says in your shout-out I did increase the evs .-. yea that seems like a solid stoutland variation although in b&w2 we're all just gonna run superpower lol. The thunder/sleep talk thing is a toss up but with celebi I think thunder is the way to go. Hippowdon can't use whirlwind with the given set :| Good job though bro I'll have new smexy teams for you in b&w2 c:

@dangermouse - That's an interesting replacement choice o.o As for stall you have banded tyranitar and trick latios and on my team you also have magnezone.

@HardCore - Thanks for the rate man! Not a bad Tyranitar suggestion! I do think with everybody telling me to use celebi I will .-. and yea getting to rest up to full health basically for free against landorus's u-turn is nice.

@BigBangTheory - Thanks a lot for rating and luv'ing :) I typically try to predict when a latios will surf and go to shaymin but I suppose a bulkier spread couldn't hurt. I'm definitely down to use scarf magneton and as for Gengar it can't really keep a sub on anything and zone and stoutland can revenge and if you run pursuit on stoutland it's gone for good.

@M Dragon - Thanks for the rate man and good job on peaking high with the team! Yea it seems that pursuit may be better over ice fang instead. As for thunderbolt I think I may make that switch for use with magneton potentially.

@GaryTheGengar - My dude :D good job on getting to 1749 with it and super good job on 1802 with my other team <3 yea it's looking like pursuit is better over ice fang until we get superpower stoutland and becomes way harder to wall and revenges everything lol. Yea I'll use that set seems solid. Thanks a ton for the rate bro and you already know you're gonna get my new teams first :P

Thanks everybody for rating keep them coming.

pretty nice team, i can see specs toed being annoying but other than that i cant see too much wrong with it and everything i can think of can be played around, very good job and nice team

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I forgot BW2 was out today.

Wow.

Anyways, Keldeo will definitely shake this team up, so yeah, Celebi > Shaymin, though I'll miss the raw power of Seed Flare for sure. Maybe a Recover + U-Turn set would be most appropriate, as this team would greatly appreciate momentum so it can send in BandTar/Latios/Stout and smash something.

Edit: Oh, Devin already posted a gr8 Celebi set. Darn. Use that one, I guess. (f u devin)

Awesome team cant say much more, if you arent looking for generic celebi I use to use this set:
Wall bold nature Natural Cure obv @ lefties
120 Hp/ 240 def / 16 Spec def/ 16 Spec att/ 116 Speed
- Twave
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power

I use the speed evs to troll loom spores and it flat out walls it(unless random BU loom), no hp fire here because of tran switch ins and you obv can predict hit. Giga trolls gastro/poli/starmie and twave trolls everything that switches in(scizor lolno pursuit ko u bad kid). It walls outrages even at +1 it can twave and recovers off damage from the dragon trolls ect.

Yeah anyway im not saying it should replace shaymin its just another option for your team with similar characteristics, great team! :)

Hey this is a cool team! When I used this team, i've made a few changes to help with stall and banded terrakion.

I found ttars role a bit redundant since you had stoutland, so I replaced it with SD Lucario. The basic set with Bullet Punch helps give you a good check to terrakion as well as allowing you to plow through some stall with a set up sweeper. Before doing this you should give stoutland crunch cause ice fang/ wild charge wasn't used much in my experiences. Giving hippo a more specially bulky set can help if you replace ttar as well.

Magnezone imo is a mediocre scarfer since it's naturally slow, sadly being slower than crucial pokes like starmie, scarftar, etc. So I switched the items of latios and magnezone, making latios the new scarfer. Or if you really want to keep your latios specs, then you can try the magneton suggestion people had. But I strongly recommend that you replace your current scarfer to something else other than magnzone.

Not trying to ruin one of my favorite parts of this team, but replacing shaymin with celebi seems to be the best choice. Celebi's fighting resist and more reliable recovery is enough to warrant a change. Your basic nasty plot/ recover/ giga drain/ filler will work just fine. Or you can use devinthedudes celebi set.

I've used this team a lot so I can attest to it's effectiveness. This team will work very well even when keldeo gets released, especially if you start using celebi over shaymin. Good luck!

amazing team man,
like, seriously brilliant, even when people have seen the rmt they stilll lose to it

little cb terrakion weakness, but i believe stoutland gets superpower in BW2 so that will probably solve that issue, might want to pump some more spdef evs into tyranitar to switch into latios etc. Also i think shaymin could use some more bulk as it gets worn down by rotom-w pretty. Scarf magneton also sounds like something that would be good. My only real gripe with the team is the format of the rmt, i prefer blocks of text rather than the bullet points you have used. But on the whole probably one of, if not the best teams ive ever seen/used. Gl man

Hey man nice team! and congrats on the 100 luvdiscs and the peak! I love the idea of double sand and using shaymin and stoutland. I cant really criticise your team on anything because it is great and i feel like changes in pokemons will possibly take out the uniqueness of this team well done :)

Abe Abu!! :c Lmao, my friend asked Yilx to make that tar and hippo pic. I asked him to draw the skitty and tangela pic. Es so cute -d. Anywho, I always knew double sand was amazing *drinks coffee*...and my 103 luvdiscs. I'm not surprised though. Everyone wuvs you .Very, very nioce! Looking at your team, toxic spikes seem to pose an issue, so I suggest a spinner such as Forretress....or!!! take a hint from your old #1 dw team and use an amoonguss *wink* :3

@AhkiMarth - Thanks for the rate and yea specs toed is a hassle at times but thankfully a lot of people don't use it!

@Lavos Spawn - Yea Devin's suggested one is probably the set to use but honestly this team appreciates Amoonguss more than anything.

@Unchained1 - Thanks! x.x that's definitely an interesting set and I might actually use something like that for another team.

@Max212 - Thanks a lot man. I'm glad you changed something on the team so that people aren't completely ready for the team and that seems like a pretty cool change. However, double sand was a founding concept of the team so I definitely won't replace Tyranitar. Celebi I might use but more than likely I'll pick Amoonguss. The Magneton suggestion from Shrang was indeed probably one of the best ones I've gotten.

@Razza - Thanks a ton man c: I had been wondering about the formatting personally. I think I have a better idea for my next RMT. Also, Superpower Stoutland is gonna become a standard on sand teams after this.

@Superpowerdude - Thank ya! Yup you pretty much just listed the ideas I had that I built the team upon lol.

@Rasp - Wow really? I had no idea! Yilx is amazingly talented. I think I remember you wanting to try double sand actually. Yea I know sooo many luvdiscs x.x and ty c: Toxic spikes make me sad u.u but yea dude I found out today Amoonguss getting Regenerator in b&w2! Man it's been forever since my #1 peak in DW lolz but yea I'll definitely be picking up Amoonguss again he's hard to not use cause he's just so good!

Thanks again to everybody luvdisc'ing and rating! I'm truly overwhelmed with the response and this really makes me look forward to RMT'ing more teams in the near future! I really can't believe I hit 100 luvdiscs and it really makes me think Smogon is not as closed off as a community as I had previously thought.

Great team! I was using double sand stream recently, it works really well, even with the sudden burst of keldeo usage. I've always wanted to try out stoutland in OU, as it was my favortie pokemon in UU :P
luvdisc'd, I may not try it because I'm more of defesinvely oriented player, but I can see that's it's a remarkable team, and probably lots of fun to use, too. Great job

@Lavos Spawn - :| You had to put my mistake on blast didn't you?

@Lebron - Yea after replacing Shaymin with Amoonguss will be fine against the majority of the new b&w2 stuff other than the ridiculous new Kyruem forms.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
@Lavos Spawn - :| You had to put my mistake on blast didn't you?
Yes.

In other news, Amoonguss is bossing up on Showdown, so I think replacing Shaymin with it would be appropriate. However, the lack of power really sucks. Spore and Clear Smog sort of make up for it, but it takes away from the overall feel of the team in my opinion.

Just a thought. :toast:

Yea I can imagine Amoonguss was the single-handed reason I used to play dream world so I expect it to go OU with Regenerator now. And I suppose it may lose some of the feel but it becomes overall more efficient. Also, Shaymin was used as a pivot often and moreover Amoonguss will remove Toxic Spikes which currently hassle the team.

You finally made the RMT for this nice dude! :P And I bet with what stuff the new meta has brought, you could definitely edit the team to make it work great even now! Like adding Superpower over Ice Fang or Wild Charge on Stoutland so TTar won't wall it anymore. But yeah definitely was a great team for the old meta and always love the creativity you bring man good stuff!

Haha yea I did. And yup I've been running this with Frustration/Superpower/Pursuit/Wild Charge Stoutland and Spore/Giga/Hp Ice/Stun Spore Amoonguss. Now Magnezone is the weak link despite it's important role. Thanks man I hope to see you RMT some of your teams sometime.

Edit: Actually now that I'm using Magneton it actually seems alot better. If I can't find a better replacement I stick with Magneton over zone.

This team is awesome but i suggest not removing shaymin to celebii celebii will make you more weak to u turn and and for the terrakion problem i suggest replacing hippowdon to Gliscor

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Evs 252HP/184DEF/72SPE
Nature: Impish
- Sword Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
_ Substitute

and i believe stoutland can learn superpower from gen 5 i suggest it Over Return This way you can deal with opposite Ttars
i know its your stab attack of but the more coverage is more better
and i forgot to say change ttar's moveset to mixed attacker and

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)