Event Discussion

Yay, now I have two Jirachi I have to SR for, instead of just one :| What fun!

...Pretty sure I have an event one left over in SoulSilver, actually... Oh well, the more events the merrier!

Yay, now I have two Jirachi I have to SR for, instead of just one :| What fun!

...Pretty sure I have an event one left over in SoulSilver, actually... Oh well, the more events the merrier!
I know the feeling. I have so many legendaries to soft-reset for in AS before S/M come out, in addition to now this one. Fun, fun, fun for the whole family! :|

Thank Arceus that I can do it from the comfort of home!

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Zoroark will be such a pain though, I'm hugely tempted to just grab it as a curiosity and move on. No synchronize + no guaranteed 31s = huge amount of time to get something decent.

Zoroark will be such a pain though, I'm hugely tempted to just grab it as a curiosity and move on. No synchronize + no guaranteed 31s = huge amount of time to get something decent.
I thought Zoro had 2 x 31's to be honest.

I'd grab the first plus Speed nature with 31 Speed IV and move on.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh are we posting about Badge Arcade now?
Because FUCK does that thing frustrate me yet have my soul captive
We can if we want, technically whenever they add new Pokemon-themed badges to Badge Arcade it can be considered a Pokemon-related event (same whenever they add new challenges to Pokemon Shuffle). Of course the reason I only brought it up was because of the little riddle presented in the picture.

Also looking at the Badges I'm seeing a lot of references:

Brock: Vulpix from the anime, Sandshrew from the TCG (or how in Yellow and Gen II you can find them either on the route next to Pewter City or in Mt. Moon).
Lt. Surge: Krabby from the Pocket Monster's manga (could also be a reference to needing Cut to get into the Gym, Krabby being obtainable in Vermillion City, and how Vermillion is a port city), Machop a reference to the construction site in Vermillion City.
Koga: Ditto are catchable on the route right next to Fuchsia City (it's also purple and it's gimmick of transforming can be perceived as a trick a ninja would use to deceive enemies).
Giovanni: Persian from the anime.

And of course there are other but those stand out the most since they're not the Gym Leader's type. I'm sure if they allowed Gen II Pokemon that Misty would have a Togepi.

Anyone else got it just after seeing Starmie is after Onix. :P
I figured it out, but I honestly forgot Sabrina had an Alakazam. Fun fact, Brock and Giovanni no longer have fully-evolved mons as their aces. Fun fact number two, although Gio uses a Rhyperior in the PWT, Brock does not use a Steelix (presumably due to the type change).

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I figured it out, but I honestly forget Sabrina had an Alakazam. Fun fact, Brock and Giovanni no longer have fully-evolved mons as their aces. Fun fact number two, although Gio uses a Rhyperior in the PWT, Brock does not use a Steelix (presumably due to the type change).
Though to be fair to Brock his Onix is holding an Eviolite in the PWT (plus his other Pokemon are fully evolved including a Tyranitar holding a Chople Berry).

We can if we want, technically whenever they add new Pokemon-themed badges to Badge Arcade it can be considered a Pokemon-related event (same whenever they add new challenges to Pokemon Shuffle). Of course the reason I only brought it up was because of the little riddle presented in the picture.

Also looking at the Badges I'm seeing a lot of references:

Brock: Vulpix from the anime, Sandshrew from the TCG (or how in Yellow and Gen II you can find them either on the route next to Pewter City or in Mt. Moon).
Lt. Surge: Krabby from the Pocket Monster's manga (could also be a reference to needing Cut to get into the Gym, Krabby being obtainable in Vermillion City, and how Vermillion is a port city), Machop a reference to the construction site in Vermillion City.
Koga: Ditto are catchable on the route right next to Fuchsia City (it's also purple and it's gimmick of transforming can be perceived as a trick a ninja would use to deceive enemies).
Giovanni: Persian from the anime.

And of course there are other but those stand out the most since they're not the Gym Leader's type. I'm sure if they allowed Gen II Pokemon that Misty would have a Togepi.
I think the Sandshrew is more a reference to the one gym trainer in Pewter having one; same for Diglett.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Over here in Australia which is apparently considered Europe we didn't get those badges. We did get cute edible Pokemon badges. Edible Vanillite is the cutest thing in the universe.

Serebii said:
For the Pokémon Elections, announced last month, it is confirmed that the distribution Pokémon at the movie will be the winner. To enter, you need to get a card when prebooking the ticket and then send your vote in before May 8th. The winner will be announced in June and then distributed at the movie
Not much to say, but hopefully those seeing the movie in Japan will get a good Pokémon elected.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Not much to say, but hopefully those seeing the movie in Japan will get a good Pokémon elected.
Arceus. They did this a few years ago in several countries and the winner everywhere except in Korea was Arceus. Korea got Rayquaza which is where V-Create Rayquaza came from as GF didn't just want to hand out a Pokemon you can easily catch in the game. However with GF lately been holding back on giving Event Pokemon any significant move it can't normally learn (plus them having the useless Event-exclusive moves) I don't suggest people vote for Rayquaza hoping it'll come with V-Create, it'll probably instead have Happy Hour or Celebrate (I'd also say Hold Back or Hold Hands but that doesn't seem like Rayquaza's style).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
As opposed to Happy Hour and Celebrate???
*shrugs*

From how I justify, Celebrate and Happy Hour could be sort of the Pokemon relishing in its power. Hold Back involves the Pokemon purposely not using its full power to leave the opponent with 1 HP and Hold Hands seems more like a thing a sociable Pokemon would do. Rayquaza does not seem like the Pokemon would would ever withhold power or is a social flower.

Reactions: JES
Shiny Level 100 HA Mewtwo holding a Mewtwonite with the moves Psystrike, Psychic, Recover and Aura Sphere to be distributed from May 5th - May 8th in South Korea at Pangyo Hyundai Department Store, received through Infrared on XYORAS.
How random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)