[Expert] Pokémon TCG Mafia - Game Over! Postgame up!

I went out and looked for a person to trade gardevoir n0.

I talked to zorbees who knew of ralts, but wouldn't tell me.
Then I talked to Laundry, who also knew of ralts but wouldn't tell me.

Then I asked publically in #warau for ralts to come to me, and he did instantly.

At this point I was wondering who didn't know who ralts was.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Made a big fucking rookie mistake on Turn 1 by revealing to Laundry that I was Growlithe, this allowed him to send billymills after me and hit me for super effective damage, I was all ready to get taken out on Turn 3 since I had a measly 10 HP left, luckily everyone left me alone and I was able to trade with DLE for Arcanine and evolve the next turn.

imperfectluck helped out me, DLE and Agape a lot by setting us up with a wealth of information, it's just such a shame that none of us won :(

Killed zorbees for Agape and attacked Fishin for vonfiedler, it's a crying shame that von didn't stick around and help us out but if I was him I would have done exactly the same.

So happy that I successfully scavenged a DCE from zorbees on Turn 4, at this point I could already fire off my 120 damage Firestorm, but I kept this a secret from pretty much everybody.

Woke up on Turn 5 to find out everyone was lynching me. Got on IRC and did a lot of sweet-talking to a lot of people in order to change their votes to puggy, in hindsight I should've targeted a Stage 1 instead. Oh well.

Also I attacked Lightwolf because he kept his role too well-hidden, wasted an attack on him because I thought he was Exeggcute, maybe if I was able to talk to him more things would have gone different. That's two damage opportunities I wasted on Turn 5 :(

Allied myself with Altair to take out the rest of the Stage 1s, had a good endgame plan going until most of the Stage 1s didn't die as expected on Turn 5, plus I got poisoned. The wording of the poison status in the results PM made me think I could last till Turn 7, another rookie miscalculation here :(

To be honest on Turn 6 I was ready to take out Altair anyway, since he was a Stage 1 for sure, and I couldn't be sure whether lambasto or Lightwolf was Donphan since neither of them had much communication with me. Allied myself with Colonel M here and was all ready to take out blue_light together on the next turn for the win, until I died to poison that is.

Find out later from Colonel M that it was Altair who sent him to poison me and put me on a timer, looks like he got his just desserts :P

Incredibly fun first expert game, I thank Mekkah for giving me this opportunity, and I hope to join many other games just like this in the future.

Anyways that was supposed to leave Veedrock and Dak dead, which meant that next turn fate would kill jumpluff (fate told me he needed her dead fsr), colonel m + rey + thorns / shade / rbg / jumpluff would attack blue_light, and the lynch and I would take care of Lightwolf the Vibrava, making the rest of the game (me, fate, shade, rey, colonel m, rbg, thorns) the winners.
I don't think either RBG or I would've actually attacked bl.

Here was my game plan: get along with people. Since the people who were getting in the fray, like ipl, were being punished for it, I tried not to upset anyone except UncleSam while I was still Charmander / Charmeleon. By the time I was lynching and attacking others, I was already Charizard and had allied. I allied pretty closely with dak; it helped a lot to have a partner in another group, as well as someone to talk about the game with. Unfortunately, information travels fast, so I became vulnerable very quickly. In the middle of the game I started panicking because I couldn't find my Charizard, so I went around and talked to a lot of people, and Midou and I allied under the banner of non-aggression. Then I found out he had Charizard and it was sweet. I traded with shade because I had already Call for Friends'd him and ascertained that 20 HP was no skin off my nose, which put us on good terms, so it was a huge shame that he and dak were archrivals. I hid dak from shade and Midou, sorry! But Midou knew Altair so I didn't want to risk dak's group getting in Altair's hands, and shade asked me if I knew Donphan, which made me suspect he might want him dead, since he claimed to have a good trade for Donphan in the form of an evo card, only dak had already evolved. I was really sad when Midou died and then dak, only then I reread the update and dak won =). After that I was ally-less but not for long, since RBG approached me. I trusted him almost completely because I knew what he proposed made a lot of sense, for us to team up and win the game together. And so we did.

I really should've been a bit more careful with my identity, but it's hard not to let information slip when you need to trade and people ally, sharing information and spreadsheets and other assorted data. I don't think there was much I could do to keep mine safer. Some people's identities stayed safe until the end, but most of them weren't Stage 2s, and that was mostly due to various mix-ups. I lied to some that I was after multiple types of energy/evolutions/Lv. Xes, but eventually it had to come out.

might share some thoughts since mekkah was a bit cold to me in postgame

so i got the sub pm, and i was machop. that was cool, i managed to get machoke off fatecrashers, talked with a few people and made a few peace treaties

i tried hard to find a fighting energy but nobody really wanted to trade theirs. the day i could finally scavenge one, i had scavenged the dce previously for bargaining purposes. time zones really screwed me up here, i couldn't talk with much people at all, especially towards the latter part of the game.

i talked to fatecrashers, and we arranged for firestorm to be used on rbg, who was being a dick with his psychic attacks. unfortunately, he died that day and i thought all hope was lost. blue_light and lightwolf then contacted me, asking for my help to take down their enemies. i had blue_light's evolution, which i traded to colonel m, who i considered to be a more powerful ally, in exchange for flygon, which allowed me to block lightwolf from ever evolving, which was good since i knew he was trapinch and a stage 2. i planned to lynch rbg, which spectacularly failed as my devious cousin stabbed me in the back. the plan was we would lynch and attack rbg, have blue_light finish lightwolf off in exchange for myself killing colonel m (which was a complete lie since i didn't ever get my hands on a fighting energy), and colonel m would do the obvious thing and destroy blue_light. due to a miscalculation on jumpluff's part she thought it would be impossible to win with me and decided to stick with rbg. i can't blame her, i was on 10 hp the whole time and didn't have a guaranteed way of killing anybody

now if i could change one thing about this game it would be being more vigilant in the middle phases to find cards i could have used. i'd like to blame my poor time zone but there were a few weekends which i could have used to get some talking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)