1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Final Fantasy III Mafia- Warriors of Light and askaninjask Win!!!

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Acklow, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Acklow

Acklow

[​IMG]

The Rules to this Game (open)

Explanation for the mechanics in this game. You MUST read this. (open)
    This game will have HP. You are considered dead once your HP is entirely depleted. Lynches have been replaced with a different form of action. Votes instead are labeled “attack”. Each role has a certain Attack Power. This Attack Power can be increased or decreased. These occur only during the day.
    If during a lynch the amount of attack causes you to reach zero HP, you will be killed. However, if a second person loses all health, the person who has the most attack points targeted on them will be lynched and the other will have their HP dropped (or maybe raised) to 3. If 3 people all lose health, the third person will be lynched have his HP dropped (or maybe raised) to 3, and so on.

Use this http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/924897-final-fantasy-iii/faqs/45823 as a guide to what roles are in the game (this link has the flavor to the beginning text of each role), or use this to see the actual roles http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/jobs/ff3.shtml . Remember, there might be multiples of a certain role.

There are two types of items: weapons and support.
    Weapon: Weapon items tend to be rather stronger than their support counterparts. They usually have an infinite number of uses. However, due to such power, only a maximum of two of these items can be held per player.
    Support: Support items are usually single use items that have limited abilities. This ranges from healing to various flavor effects. Any number of these types of items can be held. Use this link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/924897-final-fantasy-iii/faqs/45997 in order to understand what items may be in the game.

To understand the story behind this game, you may look at this link also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_3

Once you have reached 0 HP, you are considered dead. You may not go lower than 0, unless you are the target of overkill in a Day’s attack.

Some abilities come with a label at the end that goes a little something like this:
    “However, you lose X HP when casting this spell”. This means that the ability is “Magic”. If any roles prevent, boost, or otherwise affect the effects of magic are labeled saying that they prevent, boost, or otherwise affect the effects of magic, that means that they only pertain to abilities that end with the above label.

If your role enables you to cast magic, you may only cast magic if you have the sufficient amount of HP in order to cast that spell, otherwise you will automatically fail at casting the spell. You may still cast a spell, even if it means that you will reach 0 HP.

2. BunnyMaster

BunnyMaster

Good Luck Everyone.
  3. BLUEBERRY BITCH

BLUEBERRY BITCH

+1'ing my post count with a good luck post.
  4. UncleSam

UncleSam

YES. I LIKE THIS.
  5. askaninjask

askaninjask [FLAIL ARMS]
    is a Forum Moderator

Where are the Heart Crystal Warriors?
  6. Sledge

Sledge

I really like the mechanics of this game. Good luck everyone n_______n
  7. Johann

Johann

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, I hope our idea works well. Have fun everybody!
  8. Altair

Altair just who is the coon?

Heart Crystal Warriors contact me >:O

by the way johann is the best
  9. theangryscientist

theangryscientist

this is gonna be fun, good luck guys
  10. Acklow

Acklow

Alrighty PMs have been sent out. If you haven't got a PM just PM me.

Anyways,

NIGHT 0 BEGINS NOW. GET THOSE PMs IN 48 HOURS (9:20 PM EST)
  11. Flamestrike

Flamestrike

Alright, I just moved and my internet situation is kinda wonky, so I can't guarantee that I'll have IRC over the next few days. I will do my best to be on, but if you want to talk I'd advise that you PM me ;)

EDIT: I can get on IRC through Mibbit, so I'll be on whenever possible. I still advise PMing me if it's important though.
  12. Game Freak201

Game Freak201

13. UncleSam

UncleSam

If I could get in contact with a member of the Fellowship of Nepto, it would help both of us. Also feel free to talk to me no matter what faction you are in, there is no telling what we could do together. Also, remember, at this point, anyone could make an alliance with anyone. Feel free to talk to me on IRC with this in mind :)
  14. Spiffy

Spiffy

Acklow, if UncleSam leads, prepare for a short and agitating game. :)

Meanwhile I'll be watching from above with sheet access. If Acklow let's me of course. :P
  15. RaRe555

RaRe555

Good luck everyone, this game's got some cool stuff.

P.D. That is one ugly goblin Acklow...
  16. Nilf

Nilf

Hey it would pretty cool if the bard could get in contact.
  17. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

GRAHAM CRACKER

good luck n_n
  18. Nanoswine

Nanoswine

good luck everyone, this game looks like it's gonna be awesome
  19. capefeather

capefeather no shit
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There are Heart Crystal Warriors??? X( This game just got a lot less awesome.

...Haha just kidding (sort of <.<). Kind of disappointed that experienced players were allowed into beginner mafias, so I might as well participate in a standard one. I hope I find my allies quickly somehow...
  20. Acklow

Acklow

No Heart Crystal Warriors people. Only those who were listed.
  21. General Spoon

General Spoon

Yeah, I'm the wolf. An unlisted wolf at that, though I suspect that there may be some things in the game to counteract this. I feel comfortable outting my role PM on night 0 because I am holding the carrot, and when I am not godkilled that will be your proof.

I also feel comfortable outting myself because you will have no idea if I have or haven't made myself unkillable, and if I have I can kill you anyways, so its best not to cross me.

My proposition is this. Everybody claims to me if you feel comfortable with it (doubtful, since I'm wolf), and then I coordinate shit behind the scenes, and it will be up to all of you to outplay me. Doesn't that sound like fun? For now, a description of your role and alliance will suffice since I doubt any of you guys have a carrot (and if you do you're going to hang back), but come day 1 I expect actual claims.
  22. Acklow

Acklow

>.< Oh God no...
  23. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

I really don't know why I signed up for this.. ah well. Hopefully I won't fail too badly.
  24. Midou

Midou

Good luck everyone. A certain devout should contact me.
  25. UncleSam

UncleSam

Hey Neptos remember when I suggested you contact me?

I wasn't kidding. Contact me please, preferably before the night is over.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)