Final Fantasy III Mafia- Warriors of Light and askaninjask Win!!!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Deadline

You all gather around. You all think the following question:

who will die??

Of course alot of you said:

HD

Some of you said:

~NJ

But who seriously died today?

That's up to you to find out, on #ff3!!!!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It was them or you, I chose you. You should feel all special.

Of course, if it didn't come down to a mafia with a six vote mayor (which it did because of how the lynches work), who knows what would have happened.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
And what part of not killing RBG lost us the game? While our opposing team wasn't focused on us, we tried to soften them up. We did the same thing when they attacked HD, I had just forgotten that it didn't matter if we killed him if he still had more votes than everyone else.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I want to apologize ahead of time, because I will be unable to finish the postgame this weekend due to midterms this next week and due to a show I have to crew heavily in for the next few weeks. However next week, I will put off some time to fix it up so expect it to be finished whenever my midterms are over.

Hey Flamestrike, do you think you look like an idiot now?
Nook didn't really help our cause; we told him to use the potions on us or send them to us and he completely ignored us. On top of that, we already had Crux as our inspect, which pretty well guaranteed Nook as wind mole in our eyes.
I'll probably say more in the postgame once I've seen Acklow's full thoughts, but I'm rather annoyed that even though it was clearly stated in the rules that if two people went over the one with the most attack on them would die( However, if a second person loses all health, the person who has the most attack points targeted on them will be lynched and the other will have their HP dropped (or maybe raised) to 3.<-quoted for truth), it turned out there was a lynch priority, which both led to me dying instead of rbg , which didn't matter at all (I was at 1 HP and had 0 attack, you guys could have found a much better target), and HD surviving, which screwed over quags and Ho-oh alike. And yeah von, feel free to enjoy your I-told-you-sos, but I'd like to point out that with 5 votes (6 after we handed him Excalibur -_-) HD was the key role on our team. There was no way we could do anything to touch him unless we were 100% certain he was WoL, which didn't happen until Quagsires finally came out. And at that point, we only had 3 votes and the only way WoL would lose was if you guys helped us kill him, which you didn't. But yeah, you were right, an near-undetectable mole that did almost nothing to make himself suspicious and had the benefit of someone else being extremely suspicious fucked us over. Hope you're happy.
That being said, I really enjoyed this game, good and bad times alike. I hope there's more HP based games down the road, because with a few of the kinks worked out it has the potential to make some awesome mafia games (like this one). Good job Acklow and Johann.

I'll save more comments for the postgame, but I saw Johann asking what we thought of the HP system. I said this to acklow, but what slowed down the game was that their was no reason to kill the inspectors at all, since their abilities became useless near the end game, and they had one vote. Perhaps a way to balance it out would be to give characters with roles that are more valuable early game a higher attack power, so that way everyone is a viable target, since once we got to a certain point in the game, everyone knew everything, so their was no reason to kill the inspectors.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll save more comments for the postgame, but I saw Johann asking what we thought of the HP system. I said this to acklow, but what slowed down the game was that their was no reason to kill the inspectors at all, since their abilities became useless near the end game, and they had one vote. Perhaps a way to balance it out would be to give characters with roles that are more valuable early game a higher attack power, so that way everyone is a viable target, since once we got to a certain point in the game, everyone knew everything, so their was no reason to kill the inspectors.
Inspectors always become useless late game, it's just how it goes. The main problem with the HP system in this game was that the roles were terrible for the system; everything took away so much health to use. The roles and voting rules really detracted from what was an awesome concept idea, from my point of view.

Nook didn't really help our cause; we told him to use the potions on us or send them to us and he completely ignored us. On top of that, we already had Crux as our inspect, which pretty well guaranteed Nook as wind mole in our eyes.
you never told me to use potions or send them to you when i was playing

Well, to give a little credit, it was a new system. There were some major flaws that made it a lot less worthwhile for all factions, but its the first time.

Although they REALLY need improvement...

it turned out there was a lynch priority, which both led to me dying instead of rbg , which didn't matter at all (I was at 1 HP and had 0 attack, you guys could have found a much better target), and HD surviving, which screwed over quags and Ho-oh alike. [...] There was no way we could do anything to touch him unless we were 100% certain he was WoL, which didn't happen until Quagsires finally came out.
Had to read this over twice to make sure you were talking about the team, not the user -.-

If I learned anything from this mafia and Console Wars, it's to talk to people instead of being all conservative and such, because it seems that it screwed me over in all three of the mafia games I played (mafia in Console Wars gave me terrible advice when I was found out). I figured that there wouldn't be that much of a need to talk actively ITT thanks to the pairings, but for some reason we never ended up talking until late game, and even then I had to go to Ho-Oh to achieve any fraction of my potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)