Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Heres something you failed to mentioned, how did you get past the first few dragons in your way and still kill Deghinsea in Turn 1?
Ike (Ragnell) x Oscar (Wishblade) A support totally raped everything in front of Deghinsea, because +45 evade is fucking hawt. Deghinsea himself is someone I managed to kill in one turn because that's all it required; one turn. I had everyone rally around him and start picking off at him till his eventual death.

Also, fun fact: Caineghis can survive an Ire from Deghinsea. :D

FE10 Hard: for masochists by sadists. That's all I have to say as far as difficulty goes.

Caineghis. King of Lions is the music that is memorable to me, well I just took today to rape through easy mode, I always find that fun. Now Ill start Hard mode, should be fun. And since I'm about to start any tips at all on how to get me through this alive will help, One thing I really want to know is what is the maximum amount of people I can train.

Same as normal/easy, you just should build up less because of the fact that you get less EXP in hard than in normal. And play conservatively; don't be aggressive unless you really have to be or can afford to be - there are no battle saves this time around, only suspend.

Also, I prefer Tibarn's theme myself... but the map theme "Proud Flight" (the one that plays on Part II Prologue, as well as many other maps) is my favorite. And The Devoted (Greil Mercs fight theme).

And Zihark > Edward because of ease of use, but Edward can help out early on and surpass Zihark later on. He helped me out massively after I gave him a Dracoshield (could now take three hits instead of two!).

It isn't hard at all, I got Edward to level 16 swordmaster and I trained other units aswell, all you have to do is give him 80% of the experience that and you get paragon in 6 part 2
Heh, all I trained are him and Micaiah, I don't plan to use any other Dawn Brigade units.

I was wondering if Meg(Armor Sword)will turn out be any good as a marshall. Is she, cause so far she isn't really good as a Lvl. 2 Sword General?

I was wondering if Meg(Armor Sword)will turn out be any good as a marshall. Is she, cause so far she isn't really good as a Lvl. 2 Sword General?
For me, Meg turned out to be my overall best unit when paired with Nolan. Bearing in mind that personal experience means nothing though...

Meg has extremely great stats but wishes she were either a Myrmidon or a Halberdier, sadly. Since you've already spent time raising her I would go with the best plan- raise her until her speed, luck, res, skill and HP cap (which they will, her growths are amazing) then abuse Bonus experience so that her inferior stats (Strength, defense) can be built up too. lol if you really want her to rule the roost at end of the game, (Slight spoilers for after part 3 endgame) give her blossom and put her with Elincia's group in part 4, she'll get shitloads of experience in the laguz chapter.

If you're looking for an all-around excellent unit then continue to use her, just be wary of her subpar defense (for a general) that will lead to her not being able to tank as well. However her dodge rate is godly (even moreso when paired with Nolan), so take advantage of that.

For me, Meg turned out to be my overall best unit when paired with Nolan. Bearing in mind that personal experience means nothing though...

Meg has extremely great stats but wishes she were either a Myrmidon or a Halberdier, sadly. Since you've already spent time raising her I would go with the best plan- raise her until her speed, luck, res, skill and HP cap (which they will, her growths are amazing) then abuse Bonus experience so that her inferior stats (Strength, defense) can be built up too. lol if you really want her to rule the roost at end of the game, (Slight spoilers for after part 3 endgame) give her blossom and put her with Elincia's group in part 4, she'll get shitloads of experience in the laguz chapter.

If you're looking for an all-around excellent unit then continue to use her, just be wary of her subpar defense (for a general) that will lead to her not being able to tank as well. However her dodge rate is godly (even moreso when paired with Nolan), so take advantage of that.
Thanks Yoshi King. She's now a level 3 Marshall and her stats, like you said, are godly.

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
Haha, I just beat this game on Normal mode. I felt guilty abandoning like most of my raised characters for the Laguz royalty...but you can't argue with some of those insane stats. The only humans I took for the Endgame were Jill, Haar, Mia, and Elincia. I bulldozed my way straight through with no problems. Now I've just restarted on HM. I have to say, it's kinda cheesy not being able to see enemy ranges...but what can you do? I hear only Part 1 is really hard due to Micaiah's team being...trash. Bexp is also waaaaaaaaaaay down. Seems like a decent challenge; I've so far gotten to chapter 5. I just can't wait to recruit Haar again. Best unit in the game.

Anyways, overall, I really enjoyed this game and (to me) it compares favorably to the better old-school games (FE4 + 5). The story was kinda beat and the lack of new playable faces were my main problems. On the other hand, the other additions (3rd tier promos, removable skills) were excellent. Plus it helps the enemies had actual stats to go along with character growth rate inflation. FE 8, anyone? A real enjoyable game.

aamto

Hard Mode done. Probably the most difficult English FE you can play, although it's certainly not overwhelming. Micaiah's chapters are far and away the most difficult due to the suckage of her units. I was dealing with 3-6 and 3-12/13 with level 13 Eddie and Nolan as my highest DB units. Zihark was easy 2hko'd by every enemy. A 14/1 Marshall Tauroneo and full transformed Volug could only do so much (since I stole Jill back in 3-7). Challenge dips significantly when you use Ike and his units.

Overall, I had 1 death (Muarim in 4-4) and 3 injured in Endgame (Ena, Sothe, Sanaki). A shame but I was so far in that I did not want to restart for Muarim. Also got treated to a nice set of "bonus" scenes for filling a certain special recruitable character's requirements.

There is no comparison honestly, the fatigue system just blows it out of the water, that and how infrequently you can get weapons in later levels as it takes forever just to capture a few units.

aamto

Yeah, there is no comparison. Fatigue system played a role, as did the fact of all-20 caps. I personally never had weapon troubles, though. Oh, and Leaf sucks so that kinda hurts after experiencing the awesomeness of Ike.

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm preparing for FE10 hard mode now, and I want to know if this is a good group to bring into the endgame:

Eddie (Alondite)
Jill (Urvan candidate)
Nephenee (Wishblade candidate)
Haar (Urvan candidate)
Soren (Rexcalibur)
Boyd (Urvan candidate)
Oscar (Wishblade candidate)
Shinon (Double Bow)
Mia (Vague Katti)
Tibarn
Caineghis
Reyson

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm preparing for FE10 hard mode now, and I want to know if this is a good group to bring into the endgame:

Eddie (Alondite)
Jill (Urvan candidate)
Haar (Urvan candidate)
Soren (Rexcalibur)
Boyd (Urvan candidate)
Shinon (Double Bow)
Mia (Vague Katti)
Tibarn
Caineghis
Reyson
Personally I would use Zihark over Edward because of his Earth affinity making things that much easier for you. (Have Eddie use his special sword... I can't remember if he'll be able to do damage with it though, I forgot its Might) Actually I recommend all three Swordmasters over Jill, who will be useless without Urvan since Haar should get it nomatter what. Use Nolan over Boyd with his personal axe, and the Earth support again. Oscar's usefulness will be diminished due to being inside+ if he has no wishblade (because Neph should get it nomatter what), so maybe another magic user (preferrably a thunder one for Dragons, Ie. Ilyana) or another tank which your team badly needs, like Gatrie. Otherwise, err, I guess it looks good.

Personally I would use Zihark over Edward because of his Earth affinity making things that much easier for you. (Have Eddie use his special sword... I can't remember if he'll be able to do damage with it though, I forgot its Might) Actually I recommend all three Swordmasters over Jill, who will be useless without Urvan since Haar should get it nomatter what. Use Nolan over Boyd with his personal axe, and the Earth support again. Oscar's usefulness will be diminished due to being inside+ if he has no wishblade (because Neph should get it nomatter what), so maybe another magic user (preferrably a thunder one for Dragons, Ie. Ilyana) or another tank which your team badly needs, like Gatrie. Otherwise, err, I guess it looks good.
Eh, I'm a bit adamant about using Edward because I like him. I'm using Boyd for support with Mia, but how does replacing Jill for Nolan w/ Tarvos sound? I'm mostly using Oscar for Earth support with Ike for high evasion. I'm not fond of Ilyana or Gatrie very much, so I don't really want to use them.

aamto

Eddie (Alondite)
Jill (Urvan candidate)
Haar (Urvan candidate)
Soren (Rexcalibur)
Boyd (Urvan candidate)
Shinon (Double Bow)
Mia (Vague Katti)
Tibarn
Caineghis
Reyson
Distinct lack of Royals there. I don't think you need 2 Swordmasters. Mia is probably the better of the two. You could just give her Alondite and bless the Vague Katti. Zihark makes a nice replacement with his Earth affinity should you choose. Mages aren't necessary (unless you're going for Soren's special ending!) so I'd recommend against bringing Soren. I'd also drop Nephenee and give Oscar Wishblade, because he's probably supporting Ike. Just don't use both, because one is going to be handicapped without Wishblade. If you do use Zihark, adding Nolan with Tarvos and supporting the two would be good. You could probably drop Oscar/Nephenee (whoever doesn't get the Wishblade). Your team also REALLY needs a group healer. Almost essential for 4-E-5. Chances are Micaiah's gonna be too frail to move around, so Elincia is pretty much the best candidate (she rocks anyway).

Truth be told, I'd just look at the final stats of potentials and just ask yourself if they could replace the Royals. You don't necessarily NEED the Royals' huge stats but they help a lot. I brought:

Mia (Vague Katti (blessed) /Alondite)
Jill (None)
Haar (Urvan)
Shinon (Double Bow)
Elincia (Amiti)
Naesala
Caineghis
Tibarn
Nailah
Giffca
Reyson

Maybe one more, I can't remember. The Royals just rip through everything, especially with everyone being at an overall lower level due to cut exp and Bexp.

I really like what this game looks like, but I'm not sure on whether I should get this or Trauma Center 2, opinions?
You picked the most bias thread to ask this question, but in all honesty if you Played FE9 then definitely get this, if you didn't go buy Fe9 and 10

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys before I buy this what are the advantages to transfer RE9 data to FE10, is there any reason not to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)