Fuck The Animals

i loled pretty hard at this, but i don't see why PETA would have a problem with pokemon, i have played Pokemon since i was about 6 and didn't grow up with any negative thoughts involving enslaving my animals and pets.

Though reading this thread shows that some of you have. Poor squirrels

i loled pretty hard at this, but i don't see why PETA would have a problem with pokemon, i have played Pokemon since i was about 6 and didn't grow up with any negative thoughts involving enslaving my animals and pets.
It's because they consider owning pets to be evil/selfish and think the whole pet breeding industry is an abusive system towards animals. I'm guessing they consider Pokemon to be something like animal slavery. Kind of stupid, but hey, that's PETA for you!

If you play the game, you'll see that the messages it's espousing aren't about Pokemon; they're about the treatment of animals in our society, just told through Pokemon.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
I play Pokémon since childhood and I love animals, in fact I have a pet cockatiel, but you know, PETA is a religion that considers animals to be sacred. I don't think that animals are as mistreated as PETA claims to be, I know many people that love animals and have friends that are vegetarians (although I myself have my reasons to not be vegetarian).

Pokémon tend to attract this type of fool criticism, the thing is to not give a fuck and continue playing; none of their protests will impede us playing Pokémon, and in fact, this protest was actually very funny.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
just for this, i am going to incorporate meat into every meal i eat for the rest of the week - if it doesn't involve dead animals, i am not eating it. PETA is a troll among vegetarians and seriously needs to fuck off, although i got nothing against vegetarians and what not in general

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Man why are you guys hating, this is clearly a joke. The game is short and fun, you should feel encouraged to be nice to animals.

spoilers: PETA has always been a horrible organization, so much so as to even be reasonably considered terrorists. This isn't anywhere close to the worst thing they've done.

This was...actually very well done. It has the inside jokes and everything. They even reference in game events from BW.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks to PETA, I'm now aware that the appropriate ethical stance is to beat humans, not animals.

xenu

Banned deucer.
As much as I like animals and their rights, this game wasn't the right way of doing it. Do what they did in the 70s, get the president to sign a bill with EDT or the Clearn Air Act or Earth Day. This is a guerrilla act that doesn't make sense. Sad PETA
itt i realize smogon has no sense of humor

I'm sorry, I know I'm in the minority here, but...

Best

Game

Ever

Bonus points to PETA for linking themselves with Team Plasma.

while i detest the message of the game, i have to say that slowpoke gag cracked me up at the end. this is probably just a troll, and a pretty good one too, i mean it worked on me...

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Um, I'm just a little confused at all the people that are going out to abuse animals and whatnot in protest to PETA XD Just because PETA tries to protect animals and also did something to upset you doesn't mean its the animal's fault. The animals didn't make this protest, PETA did. Take it up with them, not the animals. The animals didn't do anything to you, lol, don't attack them for something that's not their fault.

(If for some reason animals did do some horrible things to you then by all means kill as many as you want)

I'm not entirely sure if you understand me. I'm not condoning their message, I'm just trying to say that it doesn't seem like they're protesting Pokemon. The creators appear to be fans (or at least very knowledgeable) of the games themselves, and the anvilicious message of the game is more relevant to real world animals than Pokemon.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I like how they had to have played a decent portion of BW in order to have made that parody game. like its ostensibly a shitty parody, but its those extra details that made the game fun & interesting. They're probably going to get their asses sued because of the copyright music which is fine by me, PETA sucks.

im a carnivore

is that a problem
yeah actually there is

you'd die if all you ate was meat. Since there are no carbohydrates in meats your brain would get fucked up and you'd die. C_L are you a ghost?!?

ok this is fucking hilarious as hell.

PETA latest attempts at protesting have more been hilariously bad than effective and this is no different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)