Metagame Gen V PU - NU in NU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
linoones in this tier? It seems really hard to stop, I guess we have to rely on Wormadam-S, Metang and stuff like that.

I'm open to battles in this tier, I've got an interesting team made already and will hang out in #othermetas.

Gigalith will clearly be popular though, and maybe scarf Dodrio?
Sounds sort of broken if you ask me; it's ridiculously easy to wear down both of those Pokemon; obviously it's somewhat hard for Linoone to set up, but unlike with Tangela and Absol in NU there isn't much that can stop it once it hits +6. Butterfree seems threatening too, but maybe good old Lum RB Golem will do the trick.

In an ideal world, that's what I'd do, but you can't always stop it happening. Though my Gigalith just took like 40% from a +6 ExtremeSpeed and 2HKO'd back with Earthquake, so hey that works too. :p

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Due to the lack of fast ghosts in PU, Linoone can afford to run 252 HP with an Adamant nature; this allows it to set up easier and hit harder. The only reliable checks to Linoone that I can see right now are Scarfed rock types, Sucker Punch Banette, and Metang. Neither of those are particularly useful outside of dealing with Linoone. It's definitively going to be a huge threat in the tier.

Another Pokemon that could run over PU with the proper support is Huntail. The only reason it's down here is because Gorebyss performs the same role as it. With that being said; Huntail is almost equally as dangerous as Gorebyss and teams are going to have to run a Scarfed electric type to deal with it. Pairing it up with something like Camerupt or Piloswine to beat electric types seems like a great idea.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so PU looks like a pretty fun tier and i cant wait to play a few matches!

Anyways on to some Pokemon i tested

i used seadra in a few battles and he proved to be pretty effective against the various threats in PU, 55/95 with eviolite is excellent, and its not like seadra is set up bait either, it has an excellent base 95 special attack stat, and tools such as disable and clear smog to prevent things from setting up on it. its an excellent check to rapidash and relicanth among others, definatley a pokemon i will keep testing.

Lairon is another pokemon that seems like a big threat, while at first glance it might seem to be outclassed by relicanth, eviolite allows it to run max attack while still having comparable bulk to its fish brother. I also bet none of you can give up the raw power of MAX ATTACK HEAD SMASH WITH NO RECOIL. its steel typing also lets it check linoone, not even being Koed by +6 rock smash, and KOing back with head smash, tools such as roar are not to be overlooked either.

Raticate seems interesting as an offensive pokemon in this meta, while it doesnt get moves such as close combat and earthquake that things like ursaring and kangaskhan get, it makes up for it with its sheer power and access to u-turn. a guts set will be a fun late game sweeper that will destroy all before it with boosted facades, but im also interested in a choice band set with hustle. Now raticate doesnt have to deal with toxic orb damage every turn, and while missing may be annoying, packs a surprising amount of power, outpowering both kanga and zangoose! it can also use u-turn to scout out threats and hit pretty hard on the way out, and if you want to be gimmicky it gets weird shit like flame wheel to hit wormadam and Shitang.

you were probably expecting this, but with any metagame based off of NU, i must test this guy. Scraggy seems like a threat to watch out for, while most of the metagame is pretty offensive, scraggy is a good balance and stall breaker, with a combination of shed skin and the equivalent of 50/130/130 defenses with eviolite, also take into account that 3/4 of his old checks are all left behind in NU, and scraggy has a chance to shine. Hell i might even try a dragon dance set once the meta settles a bit!

PU seems pretty versatile and fun! like its big brother NU, i will definately keep playing

There are a ton of fun, underrated NFE's in this tier. Seadra, Scraggy, Lampent, Vigoroth, Golbat, Fraxure, Dragonair, Piloswine, Omanyte, Zweilous, Lairon; the list just goes on and on. I bet that the tier will be filled with NFE's and that every team will have at least 1 NFE - probably more.

I wonder if Knock Off will be used a lot more with all of these NFE's around that use Eviolite...

Going off what Molk said, Raticate has been a pretty good Pokemon for me so far. While it may seem outclassed by Kangaskhan and Ursaring (the latter even having Guts), Raticate has priority in Sucker Punch (over Ursaring), higher speed and U-turn. U-turn is especially important; with it I often lured in Rock-types such as Relicanth and Gigalith, only to switch into a Grass-type to destroy them. This allows Pokemon such as Rapidash and Raticate to sweep with ease. Furthermore, I've found Raticate to be an excellent cleaner.

I've been using this set.

Raticate (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Facade
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch / Protect

lol at the FU tier

Anyway, here's the latest threat to be uncovered:

Huntail (M) @ White Herb / Life Orb
Trait: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Simple, but oh so effective. I'm using it with screens support to make setting up a Smash even easier, and a cleric waiting in the wings to deal with an inopportune Thunder Wave. I went for Water Veil over Swift Swim for the sake of being safe from burns, but running it with rain support and Swift Swim seems very powerful too. Not a lot in PU can actually deal with all of its attacks, and those that can have nothing to do back. I'll definitely be using this guy a bit more, I think. :)

breh

強いだね
Seadra is a good counter to Huntail, which is helpless against seadra without HP grass.

On that note, you might as well just say "fuck it" and run full special. Its SpA is about 93% of its Attack when both are fully invested, but it has stronger STABs (Surf / Hydro Pump), stronger Ice Beams, and a newfound weapon in HP Grass.

Lapras still walls it either way.

Oh and also, BP chains anyone? I realize that there's no ninjask, but you still have mr. mime, mawile, etc.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
After some testing I have found these two pokemon to be particularly deadly.

Regice @ Leftovers Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Regice has proven to be a very competent sweeper, and an effective stallbreaker. BoltBeam coverage lets Regice hit every Pokemon neutrally, and Charge Beam has the chance to boost Regice's Special Attack letting him attempt a sweep. Rest + Sleep Talk give Regice reliable recovery as well as Status Immunity.

Scraggy (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Drain Punch
- Crunch

Like Molk said, Scraggy is a monster in this meta. With this set he can effectively setup and heal himself. With Eviolite he is very bulky, and when he uses Bulk Up, he is even harder to take down. Drain Punch lets Scraggy heal himself without resorting to rest, and is his preferred Fighting-Type STAB. Crunch is used for pokemon like Beheeyem, Swoobat, Natu, and Frillish.

How are some of these pokes pu? I've peaked top 20 with a fewin ou (namely ramparados (oh my god kills everything), Linoone, Murkrow (perish trapping will be much easier in a tier where nothing can ko it...) and rotom-f (double stab unresisted?)

Oh yeah and frillish down here? Eviolite that bitch up, it becomes nearly as bulk as jellicent, yet in a half power tier

well its based on usage to thats why they are down here. Many people have used lower tier pokemon in OU sucessfully, if you removed every one of them there would be practically nothing.

breh

強いだね
A lot of the mons will be different with the new round. Jynx's disappearance will change quite a bit. Research week, I feel, has also made people realize that rampardos is pretty cool too, so it might be leaving due to artificial usage. Mons like electabuzz will probably go up in popularity as well.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
so after a whole day of playing around with some pokemon, there were two NFE's that stood out as interesting, and imo stall is looking much more viable as a playstyle when you take them into account.

Say hello to the best spinner in the PU tier, why is it the best spinner you ask? well its simple It reliably beats a lot of the Stealth Rock setters in the PU metagame With good physical bulk further boosted by eviolite, ground typing to tank head smashes (protip: sandshrew cannot be 2hkod by rampardos head smash, even with adamant CB). Earthquake, and rapid spin, most rock setters such as gigalith, rampardos, shitang, and lairon dont stand a chance against the little shrew, failing pathetically at trying to knock it out, while watching their rocks get spun away at the end. Now sandshrew isnt helpless against spinblockers either! it hits lampent on the switch with a STAB earthquake, while using knock off or toxic on frillish, crippling it for the rest of the match. (it also has super fang if you can find room for it!) He might not be bad in NU tbh, im going to test him out a bit.

laugh, laugh all you want, but skorupi actually works surprisingly well in PU. You may think, "what does this piece of shit have as a toxic spiker over whirlipede". Well heres your answer.

Unlike Whirlipede, Skorupi is not complete set up bait for a shitload of things that can change the tide of the match in one turn, especially linoone.

Why is this? Skorupi has access to several distruptive moves that prevent various threats and stallbreakers from setting up all over it.the first of which is Taunt, slower threats such as restalk DD shelgon, throh, and scraggy can no longer set up in your face, being forced to switch or attack, and with 40/90 defense boosted by eviolite, skorupi can take its fair share of unboosted hits and cripple the opponent with its other moves. Now you may be wondering "how does taunt stop linoone when skorupi is slower?" The answer is... it doesnt! but Whirlwind does! so skorupi is face to face with a dragon dancer or swords dancer that is too fast to be taunted, Skorupi flails its tiny claws and forces them to switch out, thus erasing any and every stat boost they may have collected, Hopefully you Whirlwind out a pokemon skorupi can wall and set up toxic spikes on, meaning that said set up sweeper will be put on a timer when it comes in again, making it much easier to deal with. Lastly, Skorupi also has access to Knock Off, to cripple defensive pokemon by removing their leftovers/eviolite, it doesnt hurt against some offensive pokemon that carry LO either, softening their hits to help make them more managable for the rest of your team. If knock off isnt your cup of tea, skorupi can always run Toxic to threaten stall teams with a combination of toxic, toxic spikes, and a fairly fast taunt. Or run something like idk x-scissor to hit frail shit thats weak to it and probably still not KO, but hey, not like whirlipede could do any better right?

EDIT: because fuck crits, skorupi also has battle armor to prevent them :]

anyways, if using either of these pokemon, things like audino and eviolite lickitung are good partners to take special hits and provide wish support/heal status, probably wont be hard to fit a wishpasser in because you are probably running them on semi stall/full stall anyway.

breh

強いだね
Skorupi seems silly compared to Trubbish, which has no SR weak, Haze for... hazing Linoone (even better, it condemns it to death if it uses BD again!) and Spikes. It does lack the admittedly neat Knock Off, though, and does have inferior Defense.

Notably, Trubbish has defenses that are stronger on both sides (slightly) compared to Garbodor, so that gives you a good image of its bulk.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yup, I've been telling people this whole time that that PU didn't stand for anything, but was as in Pee eew, these Pokemon stink :P
I am currently having a lot of fun in playing this tier and I'll go ahead and post a few sets I found could be viable or fun to use in PU.(SOO many NFEs are viable in this tier its crazy)

@ Life Orb
Trait: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Surf
- Hurricane

SubRoost Swanna is a huge threat in PU with its incredible dual STABs that no fully evolved Pokemon in PU resists, a fast base 98 Spe, and decent base 87 SpA for it to abuse its STABs. It threatens a huge portion of the metagame that is currently revolving around Rock- and Fighting-type Pokemon such as Gigalith, Rampardos, Relicanth, Lairon, Machoke, and Scraggy. This threat allows it so easily set up a Substitute to safely begin firing off its powerful Surf and Hurricane. Roost allows Swanna go keep itself healthy and recover HP lost from LO and to make up for its Stealth Rock weakness.

@ Eviolite
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Discharge

No, this is not a joke Keiran. After being devastated by SubRoost, Molk and I came up with the idea of using Chinchou and decided to try it out.(Notice I put that no FULLY EVOLVED Pokemon can resist Swanna's STABS in PU ;P) After using it successfully against Molk, Trop, and Tetrinity I have found it is viable enough to be placed in the list. With Eviolite equipped and the above spread Chinchou has the equivalent of 75 / 72 / 104 Base Defenses made better with Chinchou's excellent defensive typing in Water/Electric and its ability, Volt Absorb. Combined with this Chinchou can beat every Water-, Electric-, and Fire-type Pokemon you have in your current list with the exceptions of Specs Stunfisk. This newer spread allows it to even beat even the powerhouse known as Choice Band Rapidash, while still maintaining its amazing special bulk against what it needs to. While base 56 SpA is terrible, it can somewhat get away with it in a tier with more frail Pokemon, not to mention its brilliant dual STAB coverage excellent super effective coverage and both have 30% of causing a troublesome status ailment. Since it lacks Leftovers Chinchou can get wore down easily, which is why this set utilizes Rest and Sleep Talk go allow Chinchou to absorb status and gain semi-reliable recovery. Chinchou logs(read only as Aesoft is currently down) will be at the bottom, and I would appreciate it if you at least consider this.

@ Eviolite
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Charge Beam / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is my own made up set for a bulkier Electabuzz set. While it doesn't counter nearly as much as Chinchou and doesn't strike nearly as hard as an offensive Electabuzz, this set takes the middle road and provides a sort of balance between the two. 252 HP and Eviolite make Electabuzz pretty darn bulky and take some special hits very while dishing fast hits out with its fully invested base 105 Speed. Rest and Sleep Talk give it recovery as it tanks hits and slowly sets up with Charge Beam. Hidden Power Ice rounds out the set by giving Electabuzz great coverage in the form of Boltbeam. While this set doesn't lose instantly to Chinchou persay, it doesn't win against it either when its only attacking option against it is HP Ice.(Even Lanturn wouldn't beat this set any better tbh) Static can provide a clutch paralyze allowing for more Charge Beam turns and is the only ability option when Vital Spirit + Rest don't work together.

@ Eviolite
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- DynamicPunch
- Payback

This set is amazing, Rest + Sleep Talk provide Machoke with some good recovery allowing it to check and counter an excellent portion of the metagame including Scraggy. This set is a MUST in any stall team due to its excellent typing, great bulk, and the ability to counter Scraggy, who can easily beat any stall team without a problem otherwise. 28 Spe allows it to outspeed Scraggy allowing it to get a Dynamic Punch first. Another amazing perk is that Sleep Talk doesn't waste any Dynamic Punch PP, definitely a top tier PU Pokemon in the making.

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Dragon- and Ground-type STABS - Check
High Speed and good Attack - Check
Gabite is the Flygon of PU destroying teams who have lost their Dragon- or Ground-type resist and is in general a great revenge killer. With most Dodrio and Fearow being Banded, not much will outspeed this thing with a Scarf and thanks to its powerful Outrage and Earthquake STABs it can easily take down the best physically defensive Pokemon such as Lairon or Shelgon. Adamant is used for more power and that nothing contests in Gabite's unique speed tier.

Battle between EBeast PU and Tetrinity started!

Tier: Standard NU
Mode: Singles
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Your team: Swanna / Chinchou / Lairon / Machoke / Duskull / Gabite
Opponent's team: Swanna / Lairon / Gigalith / Muk / Rotom-F / Seismitoad

Tetrinity sent out Swanna!
EBeast PU sent out Blarajan! (Machoke)

Start of turn 1
EBeast PU called Blarajan back!
EBeast PU sent out AquaZapper! (Chinchou)

The foe's Swanna used Substitute!
The foe's Swanna made a substitute!

Start of turn 2
The foe's Swanna used Hurricane!
It's not very effective...
AquaZapper lost 67 HP! (18% of its health)
The foe's Swanna is hurt by its Life Orb!

AquaZapper used Discharge!
It's super effective!
The foe's Swanna's substitute faded!

Start of turn 3
Tetrinity called Swanna back!
Tetrinity sent out Seismitoad!

AquaZapper used Scald!
The foe's Seismitoad lost 19% of its health!

Start of turn 4
EBeast PU called AquaZapper back!
EBeast PU sent out Mehndi! (Swanna)

The foe's Seismitoad used Rain Dance!
It started to rain!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 5
The foe's Seismitoad used Hydro Pump!
Mehndi lost 249 HP! (85% of its health)
The foe's Seismitoad is hurt by its Life Orb!

Mehndi used Hurricane!
The foe's Seismitoad lost 70% of its health!
The foe's Seismitoad fainted!
Mehndi is hurt by its Life Orb!

Rain continues to fall!
Tetrinity sent out Muk!

Start of turn 6
EBeast PU called Mehndi back!
EBeast PU sent out Paradox! (Lairon)

The foe's Muk used Shadow Sneak!
Paradox lost 17 HP! (5% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 7
Tetrinity called Muk back!

Paradox used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Tetrinity's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 8
EBeast PU called Paradox back!

The foe's Swanna used Surf!
AquaZapper lost 92 HP! (25% of its health)

The rain stopped!

Start of turn 9
Tetrinity sent out Rotom-F!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Rotom-F!

The foe's Rotom-F lost 9% of its health!

Start of turn 10

The foe's Rotom-F used Blizzard!
Mehndi avoided the attack!

Start of turn 11
EBeast PU sent out Paradox! (Lairon)

The foe's Rotom-F used Blizzard!
Paradox lost 78 HP! (24% of its health)

Start of turn 12
Tetrinity called Rotom-F back!
Tetrinity sent out Lairon!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Lairon!

Paradox used Head Smash!
The foe's Lairon lost 24% of its health!

Start of turn 13
The foe's Lairon used Head Smash!
Paradox lost 80 HP! (24% of its health)

Paradox used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Lairon lost 69% of its health!
The foe's Lairon fainted!

Tetrinity sent out Muk!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Muk!

Start of turn 14
EBeast PU called Paradox back!
EBeast PU sent out Skull Kid! (Duskull)

The foe's Muk used Brick Break!
It had no effect!

Start of turn 15
Tetrinity called Muk back!
Tetrinity sent out Gigalith!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gigalith!

Skull Kid used Substitute!
Skull Kid made a substitute!

Start of turn 16
The foe's Gigalith used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

Skull Kid used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Gigalith was burned!
The foe's Gigalith ate its Lum Berry!
The foe's Gigalith's status cleared!

Tetrinity: ...lol

Start of turn 17
The foe's Gigalith used Stone Edge!
Skull Kid's substitute faded!

The foe's Gigalith was burned!

The foe's Gigalith is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 18
EBeast PU called Skull Kid back!

It's super effective!
Mehndi lost 13 HP! (4% of its health)
Mehndi fainted!

Start of turn 19
Skull Kid lost 49 HP! (20% of its health)

Start of turn 20
The foe's Gigalith used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around EBeast PU's team!

Skull Kid used Night Shade!
The foe's Gigalith lost 30% of its health!

Start of turn 21
Skull Kid's substitute took the damage!

The foe's Gigalith lost 7% of its health!
The foe's Gigalith fainted!

Start of turn 22
The foe's Rotom-F used Thunderbolt!

Skull Kid used Pain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!

Start of turn 23
Pointed stones dug into AquaZapper!

The foe's Rotom-F used Thunderbolt!
AquaZapper's Volt Absorb absorbs the attack!

Start of turn 24
Tetrinity called Rotom-F back!
Tetrinity sent out Muk!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Muk!

EBeast PU sent out Shark Week! (Gabite)
Pointed stones dug into Shark Week!

Start of turn 25
Shark Week used Outrage!
The foe's Muk lost 60% of its health!

The foe's Muk used Ice Punch!
It's super effective!
Shark Week lost 260 HP! (93% of its health)
Shark Week fainted!

EBeast PU: that's ok damage
EBeast PU: for being scarf
Pointed stones dug into Blarajan!

Start of turn 26
The foe's Muk used Ice Punch!
Blarajan lost 120 HP! (33% of its health)

Blarajan used DynamicPunch!
The foe's Muk lost 14% of its health!
The foe's Muk fainted!

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Swanna!

Start of turn 27
The foe's Swanna used Roost!
The foe's Swanna landed on the ground!
The foe's Swanna regained health!

Blarajan used Payback!
The foe's Swanna lost 51% of its health!

Tetrinity: yeah lol

Start of turn 28
It's super effective!
Blarajan lost 215 HP! (60% of its health)
Blarajan fainted!

EBeast PU: this is where super viable Chinchou comes in

Start of turn 29

AquaZapper used Rest!
AquaZapper went to sleep and became healthy!
AquaZapper fell asleep!

Tetrinity: >.>

Start of turn 30

AquaZapper is fast asleep!
AquaZapper used Sleep Talk!
AquaZapper used Scald!
The foe's Rotom-F lost 7% of its health!
The foe's Rotom-F fainted!

Tetrinity: yeah I'm screwed
Tetrinity: lol
EBeast PU: gg

Start of turn 31
AquaZapper lost 71 HP! (20% of its health)

AquaZapper used Rest!
But it failed!

EBeast PU: Chinchou <3

Start of turn 32

AquaZapper woke up!
It's super effective!
The foe's Swanna lost 55% of its health!

Start of turn 33

It's super effective!
The foe's Swanna lost 60% of its health!

Start of turn 34

It's super effective!
The foe's Swanna lost 60% of its health!

Start of turn 35

It's super effective!
The foe's Swanna lost 57% of its health!

Start of turn 36
AquaZapper lost 68 HP! (19% of its health)
Tetrinity: lol
The foe's Swanna fainted!

EBeast PU won the battle!

Battle between EBeast PU and Trop Nu alt 5 started!

Tier: Standard NU
Mode: Singles
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle
Rule: Self-KO Clause

Your team: Swanna / Chinchou / Mawile / Sandshrew / Machoke / Duskull
Opponent's team: Lairon / Machoke / Sneasel / Parasect / Electabuzz / Swanna

Trop Nu alt 5 sent out Swanna!
EBeast PU: Trop

Start of turn 1

Trop Nu alt 5: yes?

Start of turn 2
Trop Nu alt 5 called Swanna back!
Trop Nu alt 5 sent out Parasect!

The foe's Parasect lost 12% of its health!

The foe's Parasect restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
EBeast PU: why is your Swanna
EBeast PU: not named Mehndi

Start of turn 3

The foe's Parasect used Spore!
Blarajan fell asleep!

Trop Nu alt 5: just loaded an old as fuck alt
Trop Nu alt 5: and changed the nu shit for pu shit

Start of turn 4
Blarajan is fast asleep!
Blarajan used Sleep Talk!
Blarajan used Rest!
But it failed!

The foe's Parasect used Swords Dance!
The foe's Parasect's Attack sharply rose!

Start of turn 5
Blarajan is fast asleep!
Blarajan used Sleep Talk!
The foe's Parasect lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Parasect became confused!

The foe's Parasect is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
The foe's Parasect lost 29% of its health!

Start of turn 6
Blarajan is fast asleep!

The foe's Parasect used Bullet Seed!
Blarajan lost 67 HP! (18% of its health)
Blarajan lost 70 HP! (19% of its health)
Hit 2 times!

Start of turn 7
Blarajan woke up!
The foe's Parasect lost 30% of its health!

The foe's Parasect lost 22% of its health!
The foe's Parasect fainted!

EBeast PU: Blarajan strong

Start of turn 8
Trop Nu alt 5 called Swanna back!
Trop Nu alt 5 sent out Machoke!

EBeast PU called Blarajan back!

Start of turn 9

The foe's Machoke used DynamicPunch!
It had no effect!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Machoke used Payback!
It's super effective!
Skull Kid lost 54 HP! (22% of its health)

The foe's Machoke was burned!

The foe's Machoke is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Machoke used Rest!
The foe's Machoke went to sleep and became healthy!
The foe's Machoke fell asleep!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Machoke is fast asleep!
The foe's Machoke used Sleep Talk!
But it failed!

Skull Kid used Pain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!

Start of turn 13
It's super effective!

The foe's Machoke lost 27% of its health!

Start of turn 14
The foe's Machoke woke up!
It's super effective!
Skull Kid lost 60 HP! (24% of its health)

The foe's Machoke lost 27% of its health!

Start of turn 15

The foe's Machoke went to sleep and became healthy!
The foe's Machoke fell asleep!

Start of turn 16
Trop Nu alt 5 called Machoke back!
Trop Nu alt 5 sent out Electabuzz!

Mehndi used Substitute!
Mehndi made a substitute!

Start of turn 17
The foe's Electabuzz used Hidden Power!
Mehndi's substitute faded!

Mehndi used Surf!
The foe's Electabuzz lost 75% of its health!
Mehndi is hurt by its Life Orb!

Start of turn 18
EBeast PU sent out Mawilechase! (Mawile)

Mawilechase lost 53 HP! (21% of its health)

Start of turn 19
Trop Nu alt 5 called Electabuzz back!
Trop Nu alt 5 sent out Machoke!

Mawilechase used Swords Dance!
Mawilechase's Attack sharply rose!

Start of turn 20
Mawilechase used Iron Head!
The foe's Machoke lost 90% of its health!

But it failed!

Start of turn 21
The foe's Machoke lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Machoke fainted!

Trop Nu alt 5 sent out Lairon!

Start of turn 22
The foe's Lairon lost 63% of its health!

The foe's Lairon used Roar!
EBeast PU called Mawilechase back!
Skull Kid was dragged out!

EBeast PU: so strongth

Start of turn 23
Skull Kid lost 123 HP! (50% of its health)

The foe's Lairon was burned!

The foe's Lairon is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 24
EBeast PU sent out HS Slasher! (Sandshrew)

HS Slasher lost 30 HP! (9% of its health)

Start of turn 25
The foe's Lairon used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around EBeast PU's team!

HS Slasher used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Trop Nu alt 5's team!

The foe's Lairon fainted!

Start of turn 26
The foe's Swanna used Surf!
It's super effective!
HS Slasher lost 274 HP! (90% of its health)
HS Slasher fainted!

Start of turn 27
AquaZapper lost 68 HP! (19% of its health)
AquaZapper became confused!

AquaZapper is confused!
AquaZapper lost 21 HP! (5% of its health)

Start of turn 28

AquaZapper is confused!
AquaZapper used Rest!
AquaZapper fell asleep!

Start of turn 29
AquaZapper lost 69 HP! (19% of its health)

AquaZapper is confused!
AquaZapper lost 21 HP! (5% of its health)

Start of turn 30

AquaZapper is confused!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Swanna's substitute faded!

Start of turn 31
AquaZapper lost 72 HP! (20% of its health)

AquaZapper woke up!
AquaZapper snapped out its confusion!
It's super effective!
The foe's Swanna lost 36% of its health!
The foe's Swanna fainted!

Trop Nu alt 5 sent out Electabuzz!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Electabuzz!

Start of turn 32
It's super effective!
AquaZapper lost 98 HP! (27% of its health)

AquaZapper used Rest!
AquaZapper fell asleep!

Start of turn 33
It's super effective!
AquaZapper lost 92 HP! (25% of its health)

AquaZapper used Rest!
But it failed!

Start of turn 34
It's super effective!
AquaZapper lost 90 HP! (25% of its health)

AquaZapper used Scald!
The foe's Electabuzz lost 12% of its health!
The foe's Electabuzz fainted!

Trop Nu alt 5 sent out Sneasel!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Sneasel!

Start of turn 35
The foe's Sneasel used Punishment!
AquaZapper lost 126 HP! (35% of its health)

AquaZapper woke up!
The foe's Sneasel lost 31% of its health!
The foe's Sneasel is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Start of turn 36
AquaZapper used Rest!
AquaZapper fell asleep!

The foe's Sneasel is paralyzed! It can't move!

Start of turn 37
AquaZapper used Rest!
But it failed!

Start of turn 38
AquaZapper used Scald!
The foe's Sneasel lost 31% of its health!

Start of turn 39
AquaZapper woke up!
AquaZapper used Scald!
The foe's Sneasel lost 13% of its health!
The foe's Sneasel fainted!

EBeast PU won the battle!

Only needed for one thing this match and I only played a small amount of matches so here: Chinchou vs. Modes LO Focus Blast from Combusken
Start of turn 13
The foe's Combusken used Focus Blast!
AquaZapper lost 148 HP! (41% of its health)
The foe's Combusken is hurt by its Life Orb!

AquaZapper used Scald!
It's super effective!
The foe's Combusken lost 55% of its health!
The foe's Combusken fainted!

As this tier will probably never be an official one, I'm wondering if we could still benefit from this idea. Would you use any of these Pokemon in NU? I mean, of course there's Pokemon such as Kangaskhan who only increased in usage just recently, but what about others? There are a ton of Pokemon in this tier that are great in NU such as Audino and many NFE's; it's quite sad that they fell down to the depths of PU. They even smell bad - horrendous, even - because of it.

I'm interested in using SubRoost Swanna, Sandshrew, Mawile, and Chinchou. SubRoost Pelipper is pretty good, and Swanna is like a stronger and faster Pelipper, but less bulky. Chinchou is also really interesting, although it probably wouldn't fair very well in NU as it's quite weak. Still, it's worth a shot. Sandshrew could possibly be a decent spinner and it can cripple the most common spinblocker, Misdreavus, with Knock Off. I haven't looked into Mawile much at all, but it has a really interesting movepool and Intimidate is nice. There is a also a HUGE lack of Steel-types in NU. The only ones that I can confirm to be good are Probopass, Bastiodon, and Lairon, although admittedly I've never used Mawile in anything other than Baton Pass before!

Man, Dodrio is kinda bitter-sweet right now. On the one hand, it can run Adamant and still be stronger and faster than a Jolly Braviary. With that kind of power and a Choice Band, there isn't much of anything in PU that can survive a OHKO from Brave Bird/Return and outspeed it to KO before the second hit without resisting its STABs. On the other hand, some of the more common Pokemon actually do resist its STABs and tank them pretty well. Gigalith, Rampardos, Relicanth, Lairon, and Metang in particular seem to be good PU contenders that really give Dodrio a problem. I'm trying to find a good catch-all answer to those Rock and Steel types, something bulky like Throh (if only it had decent recovery or Sleep Talk).

Rain Offense is also pretty nice. An obvious Rain sweeper is Huntail, who is pretty much only here because Gorebyss exists. Swanna and Pelipper can also do a lot of damage with Water/Flying STABs. Not much can tank many Hydro Pumps and Hurricanes from these two, especially with both of them helping to break through their common counters.

Monferno is awesome. Nasty Plot/Vacuum Wave/Flamethrower/Grass Knot bosses everything with rocks up to hurt fire switch ins. Problems with Lampent, but easy to play around that. I run Eviolite just for kicks, but i love priority in PU (Priority Users!) a lot with hazards.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol at the FU tier

Anyway, here's the latest threat to be uncovered:

Huntail (M) @ White Herb / Life Orb
Trait: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Simple, but oh so effective. I'm using it with screens support to make setting up a Smash even easier, and a cleric waiting in the wings to deal with an inopportune Thunder Wave. I went for Water Veil over Swift Swim for the sake of being safe from burns, but running it with rain support and Swift Swim seems very powerful too. Not a lot in PU can actually deal with all of its attacks, and those that can have nothing to do back. I'll definitely be using this guy a bit more, I think. :)
Huntail is a huge threat with its excellent coverage and great power after a Shell Smash, but believe it or not the Chinchou set that I posted earlier actually beats it.(Dat Viability :O) A White Herb set gets 2HKOed by Discharge while only 3HKOing Chinchou with +2 Crunch. A Life Orb set on the other hand does about 64% - 75% to Chinchou but dies to a Discharge after LO recoil!

I think we can consider Chinchou a the first discovered Huntail counter in PU.(Offensive Carracosta can take a single +2 Waterfall but only does about 1/2 with Stone Edge. Defensive gets 2HKOed and fails to kill as well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)