Golurk

This golem is just awful, maybe the weirdest weaknesses a poké could have coupled with very low speed and medium bulk, even an unscarfed intimidate waruvial, unscarfed camerupt or non shell smash magcargo is better

the only point is to set up subs and abuse 100 nonstabbed dynamic and edge, when it even comes to make a sub...
when it comes to make a sub...what? and who uses scarfed camerumpt? its still slow!

Physically defensive spinblock?

252 HP/252 Def
Bold / No Guard

Dynamicpunch
Earthquake
Toxic/Rest
Shadow Punch/Stone Edge/Toxic

Rest is a good option since as a defensive spinblock you could run a special wall with Heal Bell. He has good 3-move coverage no matter what he picks, and toxic is always useful.

Three immunities, two of which are very common attacking types (fighting and electric), actually makes it not 'terrible', it's just not the best.

Three immunities, two of which are very common attacking types (fighting and electric), actually makes it not 'terrible', it's just not the best.
It also has a useful resistance against Rock and 2 more not-so-useful resistances against Bug and Poison, letting it be a check to Terrakion.
^and that is why i like Mr. Roboto.

I do wonder though is shadow punch only good with Iron Fist?
Pretty much, yes. No Guard is redundant with Shadow Punch because it can't miss already (unless the opponent uses Dig/Fly/Dive).

Physically defensive spinblock?

252 HP/252 Def
Bold / No Guard

Dynamicpunch
Earthquake
Toxic/Rest
Shadow Punch/Stone Edge/Toxic

Rest is a good option since as a defensive spinblock you could run a special wall with Heal Bell. He has good 3-move coverage no matter what he picks, and toxic is always useful.
Somehow I can't shake the feeling that this is probably better with Iron Fist and Hammer Arm.

While No Guard does allow you to never miss, it also causes attacks vs you to never miss.

While if you pick Iron Fist, both Hammer Arm and Shadow Punch are getting a boost, which you could use since you're not running attack EVs.
Of course, the confusion on Dynamicpunch could off set all of these things.. I still think it's something worth considering on this set.

Bulbapedia says Hammer Arm is a punch move, however, I know many consider it inaccurate.. But meh, someone will correct me if they are wrong.

Well the thing is, even using Impish and investing all the ev's into Defense and Hp, it's atk ends up not breaking 300.

If there was a way for it to be good at taking hits and being able to dish out some pain (with an atk that at least gets over 300.) that would be perfect.

Well the thing is, even using Impish and investing all the ev's into Defense and Hp, it's atk ends up not breaking 300.

If there was a way for it to be good at taking hits and being able to dish out some pain (with an atk that at least gets over 300.) that would be perfect.
You could, you know, split the EVs so he has good bulk while also hitting 300 attack.

You would only need 64 Attack EVs :/

192 HP / 64 Atk / 252 Def with Impish is the best for physically defensive Golurk, equating to 367 HP / 300 Atk/ 284 Def / 196 SpD. I might run 8 Speed EVs for Blissey and Machamp, which would result in a spread of 184 HP / 64 Atk / 252 Def / 8 Spe.

This guy has great synergy with the standard Spiking Ferrothorn. DynamicPunch forces a TON of switches.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
This was proven false. Thunder-Wave now effects Pokemon like Jolteon (with Volt Absorb), and not Ground.
I know this is kind of OT, but that is just SOOO gay. They shouldn't have changed that IMO. T-wave was like the most common move he could switch into, and seeing as how it's an electric attack he should be able to absorb it.

I know this is kind of OT, but that is just SOOO gay. They shouldn't have changed that IMO. T-wave was like the most common move he could switch into, and seeing as how it's an electric attack he should be able to absorb it.
They did not change it, Volt Absorb still blocks T-Wave.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
also this guy with a yache berry is the best thundurus counter.with stone edge and no guard he ohkos easily!

I just got my Golurk to lvl 100 (ev trained in attack and HP, plus pretty good good IVs in each), what do you guys think of these stats for a Sub-Puncher:

HP: 380
Attack: 376
Defense: 196
Sp. Attack: 126
Sp. Defense: 169
Speed: 141

My buddy has been using this Golurk set, I haven't used it but he says he's had great success using it as a lead.

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Trait: No Guard
EV's: 124 HP/248 Atk/136 Def
Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)

- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake

This can royally screw up a lot of common leads. This guy will be forcing a LOT of switches so entry hazard support would be a great addition. Great coverage, has two STAB options and scores super effective hits on 11 types. Also can switch into Reuniclus and stop him dead in his tracks and can threaten him with super effective STAB Shadow Punch (with Adamant and the posted EV's is still going to put a big dent into Reuniclus despite his bulk and SP's low base power).

Nice synergy with Tentacruel who can set up Toxic Spikes while spinning away rocks and absorbs water/ice/dark hits with ease, while Golurk is immune to the electric and psychic attacks that hit Tentacruel for super effective damage. Both have considerable bulk (at least after EV investment) and could really be a nice pair on stall teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)