Harry Potter Mafia II - Game Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toothache, I know Obi is ministry but right now it looks like all hope is loft for aamto.

Anyway since it seems like your evidence is solid

LYNCH OBI

Before you all change your votes to aamto, let me share with you one final piece of information. How did I know Obi was Ministry?

Well the inspector told me of course. But not directly. Since the inspector has to be conspicuous, he has to PM the results of his inspection to a random member of Hogwarts. Which is how I ended up with the information that I did.

Obi is tricking you if you think he isn't Ministry, for he certainly is. Also I have the inspector's word to back this up.

Once again, may I point out to all those who don't vote Obi - you will be suspect until proven otherwise.

After tomorrow night, someone else will recive the information of the inspection, and it would be wise to contact me so I can share this information with you all if the target is Ministry or Death Eater, and if not we have another ally in our fight against them. Protect me, so I can act as your voice. Once you recieve this, you will know my words are true.
That is a bullshit post - you claimed to know he was Percy Weasley because you are Fred Weasley. I do not care if the inspector really is giving you information or not, that is all fine, but you are changing your story.

Can we make it a rule that people cannot change their votes? It has been ridiculous this time around lol

That is a bullshit post - you claimed to know he was Percy Weasley because you are Fred Weasley. I do not care if the inspector really is giving you information or not, that is all fine, but you are changing your story.

Can we make it a rule that people cannot change their votes? It has been ridiculous this time around lol
Actually I'm not an inspector role. I just happen to be a member of the Weasley family, Fred. The only reason I know what Obi is, is he also happens to be Percy. The only person I can completely guarantee to be clean is my brother George, but I won't reveal who he is and take his secret to the grave.

While keeping my other brother alive might be beneficial for getting Ministry knowledge, Obi is a dangerous player, and would take over if Fudge died so he would be even more dangerous in that case.

If Hagrid would be so kind as to protect me, since I'm almost certain I'll be targeted tonight by at least the Ministry. Also I suspect Kira to be a Death Eater so if you might wanna inspect him too. It will give us a target to lynch in the 2nd day
I noticed that as well...still, removing a mafia member (possibly one with a special role?) is probably a better shot then killing someone that's been accused by someone who's most likely a mafia member, and has a decent chance of being a cit.

wait a second
so percy takes over fudge

how did you know this tooth?
does he know his brother's powers too?
does the inspector learn his powers?

I don't see where this information is coming from all on night one

edit: I don't think tooth is lying though.

What doesn't make sense to me is 1. how broken Obi's role must be if it's true and 2. how toothache knows all of this.

I understand the whole, sharing info with your allies, but I find it highly suspicous that he has gathered so much information from a variety of sources in such a small amount of time. First, his role as one of the twins grants him knowledge of his other family members, including the 'evil' one, which basically assures Percy's death from the start. Second, the inspector just happens to contact him of all people, who was already suspicous against Obi, with this information. Information, who only proof we have for is his word. Is this not suspicous to anyone else but me?

Edit: I'm not saying that Obi doesn't seem suspicous as well, just that most of the evidence against him has been circumstantial. He brought this upon himself, that much I agree to, but with vulnerabilites so blatant when compared to the other mafias, I'd much rather have good, proveable evidence before killing someone who might not be guilty. The evidene against aamto is pretty similar, but at least with his death, and we know our next course of action. If he dies and he's innocent, Obi must die. If he's guilty, then Obi's innocence is proven. However, Obi's death carries far more wieght with it due to the possibility of him being a mole liek character. It doesn't seem very fair sure, but to me it seems the best coure of action.

Actually it does sound suspicious. I think someone mentioned earlier that Obi and Tooth might be working together. That might actually be true...

Anyway I think we should trust Tooth for now and lynch Obi. Then if we are still unsure, we can lynch Tooth.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
To clarify, the inspector inspects someone, and someone else gets the results (which is how I got the info, tomorrow it will be someone else who does).

And yes the inspection does reveal the powers it seems, at least it did in Percy's case on the ability to take over for Fudge if he died.

I'll admit, it seemed weird to me at first, but after speaking with the inspector himself I finally understand why I had the information sent to me.

And with Obi claiming to be a turncoat role, he could just as easily be turncoat against Hogwarts, even easier if you consider he becomes the Ministry head after Fudge dies, and with any knowledge he'd gained from the student side could make the Ministry extremely powerful. Which is why I'd consider him a great threat for now, great enough to have him voted off so early.

But since he's already Percy and therefore allied with the Ministry, why wouldn't he just share the information he's gathered already. You say it as though until Fudge dies, Percy is a student, but that's not true. He's ministry up until a certian time limit is reached at which point he turns student, or am I interpretting this role wrong? So even if Fudge dies or doesn't die, the Ministry would get the same information up until his turncoat/promotion, making it pointless to say his death will prevent the Minitrys growth. To me it seems the best thing to do is for everyone to just stop talking to Obi and see what is revelaed after the next lynch. Our next course of action can be taken once we've gained that information.

Toothache

Let the music play!
The 'Percy turning to good' thing was more than likely just a cover-up by Obi anyway, since this game is not the books so can always go in a new direction. The inspection was very definite though, Obi is Ministry. No two ways about it.

So basically Obi was just really unlucky and was inspected first night, and had his role powers revealed?

In that case the role isn't as broken as we thought it was.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
It's not like aamto has done anything huge to make us suspect he's mafia. Seriously.

Although Toothache's evidence at this point seems very odd as he reveals more information, meh, it's the best we've got. =\ Let's just stick with it, and if he's right then "hurray!" If not, then lynch him or something. It is more probable that we will score a ministry of magic dog tonight if we lynch Obi first. We still have a long way to go before we have enough proof about aamto.

Obi was my vote, and I'm sticking to it.

Toothache

Let the music play!
Yeah Kira. The inspection seems quite powerful, but then again the inspector himself doesn't get the result (and the receiver doesn't know who the inspector is either) so it balances out somewhat. If you do recieve this tomorrow, be sure to pass it along to me so I can provide the information and keep you safe and anonymous.

Don't forget it's the earliest lynch vote that needs to be edited, just to remind people.

So basically Obi was just really unlucky and was inspected first night, and had his role powers revealed?

In that case the role isn't as broken as we thought it was.
You're forgetting the whole "weasely's know about their brothers" deal that apparently is true, which, if so, means he dies first turn. not fun.

dude if I got a role like that
i'd be so pissed at mekkah

no lie

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
So what you are saying toothache is the whole Fred Weasley having knowledge of Percy Weasleys role was not the case at all? It was just random chance that brought you this info?

And were you lying, or were you mistaken about the abilities of your own role?

Have a nice day.

Toothache

Let the music play!
The Weasley family thing was more me trying to rationalise to myself why I'd get this sort of information, since I wouldn't have it any other way. It wouldn't make sense like you said for Obi to have such a sucky role. He was just targeted by the inspector instead.

This is before I knew about the inspector and how his role worked, so I can understand the scepticism surrounding this aspect. It's rather unique, but makes the game more interesting.

You know what I just noticed... I said we in nearly all of my last posts.

I really hate that stupid theory that saying "we" means that you are trying to be a student.

Since I know that someone will fucking point it out eventually I just want to point this out: I am a student, if you dont trust me then inspect me.

I also want to tell you that when I say "we" I do not mean "the students"

When I say "we" it means "everyone that is currently in this game"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)