Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that pokemon hatching in special balls are cool here and I have a female Magikarp in Dive Ball... the problem is that she has 3IV...
I can breed her with one of my own Magikarps and change the female until I get a better and then breed that one but then I won't have the effects of Masuda Method...
And said Magikarp doesn't have her Hidden Ability...

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
It seems that pokemon hatching in special balls are cool here and I have a female Magikarp in Dive Ball... the problem is that she has 3IV...
I can breed her with one of my own Magikarps and change the female until I get a better and then breed that one but then I won't have the effects of Masuda Method...
And said Magikarp doesn't have her Hidden Ability...
I don't understand how this is a question. Are you asking for a female magikarp in a pretty dive ball with the HA to breed with?

Usually, when it comes to MM breeding, you get a competitive version from your game, and then breed it with a foreign pokemon in the same egg group (flawless RNG'd 6IV ditto work best if you can find someone to trade for one of those). The amount of time it takes to get a single competitive female pokemon (magikarp especially) is dwarfed by the amount of time you'll spend grinding for a shiny, even with the MM method.

EDIT: If you're looking for a foreign flawless breeding ditto, you'll likely be able to find an RNG'd ditto from one of the trusted RNG'ers from smogon in the wifi forum. Post your simple request here and hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Last edited:
I was under the impression than breeding with a ditto meant all eggs were in pokeballs but it seems to not be the case if the pokemon with Ditto is a female...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I was under the impression than breeding with a ditto meant all eggs were in pokeballs but it seems to not be the case if the pokemon with Ditto is a female...
Females pass down their balls regardless of who the partner is.

Cool That means I can breed that female Fineon in Dream Ball with the flawless Ditto I got from trade...:)

I think I saved an IV spread: I had a female HA Gyaraados and a Ditto in Daycare, one of the magikarp hatched with an Iv spread of 31/31/31/X/31/31...but he was male (and I wanted a female for ball passing) and had swift swim...
Since I had read that if you change parents the IV spread is saved, I took Gyara and Ditto from the daycare after refusing the egg the daycare man had for me and put them back again...

The first egg they had was a female HA Magikarp with Ivs of: 31/31/31/X/31/31 in a net ball....

Is that really effective or am I just lucky ? (The Ditto is flawless BTW)

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Cool That means I can breed that female Fineon in Dream Ball with the flawless Ditto I got from trade...:)

I think I saved an IV spread: I had a female HA Gyaraados and a Ditto in Daycare, one of the magikarp hatched with an Iv spread of 31/31/31/X/31/31...but he was male (and I wanted a female for ball passing) and had swift swim...
Since I had read that if you change parents the IV spread is saved, I took Gyara and Ditto from the daycare after refusing the egg the daycare man had for me and put them back again...

The first egg they had was a female HA Magikarp with Ivs of: 31/31/31/X/31/31 in a net ball....

Is that really effective or am I just lucky ? (The Ditto is flawless BTW)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/some-sort-of-egg-rng-abuse-read-the-first-post.3491324/

This thread discusses the method to which you are referring.

I am SURE that this question has been asked pi to the stuptillionth power times, but what is the best place to level up in pokemon X/Y?

I have been going to the cave right outside of the elite 4's pokemon center, using sweet scent (for horde battles) and then using my rampardos with mold breaker (that I got as a cranidos on gts from japan) and just abusing multi pokemon hitting moves like bulldozer, rock slide (with a zoom lens so it has a 99% accuracy) and earthquake. I use it because sturdy on geodudes that you'll kill the next turn no matter what they do is annoying as hell.

So asides from that do you know of any other good spots to level up your pokemon in X/Y? Note that I always have pokerus which I always seem to get from gts every game. O_o

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am SURE that this question has been asked pi to the stuptillionth power times, but what is the best place to level up in pokemon X/Y?
Cafe Le Wow rotation battles are amazing, since one high level Pokemon can do all the work while your two backups still count as "in battle" for xp purposes. Better still, if you use Exp. Point Power, it will last for all five battles no matter how long they take. Though you'll net a little less money than you pay in direct cash, the balm mushrooms you win at the end more than cover the difference, so you make money on the deal too.

Cafe Le Wow rotation battles are amazing, since one high level Pokemon can do all the work while your two backups still count as "in battle" for xp purposes. Better still, if you use Exp. Point Power, it will last for all five battles no matter how long they take. Though you'll net a little less money than you pay in direct cash, the balm mushrooms you win at the end more than cover the difference, so you make money on the deal too.
May I ask why rotation battles instead of triple battles? (We're assuming my other 3 pokemon can't battle and live for their lives) Because in triple battles I can just use moves that hit all opponents like earthquake, and thus the battles are over quicker.

Can I also ask why cafe lewow instead of shushi high price roller? I get tons of money from the battle chateau.

Moves that hit all Pokemon can hit your partners, too, unless they Protect or have Telepathy. And the Cafe opponents love to spam Protect themselves. In Rotation Battles, you can just have your heavy hitter active and rend the opponents' Pokemon to pieces lest they Protect.

Moves that hit all Pokemon can hit your partners, too, unless they Protect or have Telepathy. And the Cafe opponents love to spam Protect themselves. In Rotation Battles, you can just have your heavy hitter active and rend the opponents' Pokemon to pieces lest they Protect.
And the thing is that I have pokemon that are more than capable of taking an earthquake from a lvl 100 rampardos. And pokemon in sushi highroller really spam protect that much?

NoCheese

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In Rotation Battles, you can have two low level Pokemon "active" but safe and so get a full share of xp. In Triples, they're either in play and vulnerable, or they're not in your front three and only getting the 1/2 cut that you get with the Exp. Share.

The Pokemon in Sushi High Roller are only marginally higher level, so it's not worth the cash, particularly since one of the Cafe Le Wow trainers uses an Audino, which yields a ton of xp.

In Rotation Battles, you can have two low level Pokemon "active" but safe and so get a full share of xp. In Triples, they're either in play and vulnerable, or they're not in your front three and only getting the 1/2 cut that you get with the Exp. Share.

The Pokemon in Sushi High Roller are only marginally higher level, so it's not worth the cash, particularly since one of the Cafe Le Wow trainers uses an Audino, which yields a ton of xp.
Ok that settles it, debate won, thank you kthxbye.
Also what easily obtainable non legendary should be used to spam kill all the pokemon in cafe lewow?

The rampardos doesn't one shot everything.

NoCheese

Anything at high level with decent power and coverage spread should work pretty well. I normally use my Volcarona from Black, since it's my default flyer + egg hatching speeder, but I'm sure a Level 100 Greninja or the like would do just fine.

Ok that settles it, debate won, thank you kthxbye.
Also what easily obtainable non legendary should be used to spam kill all the pokemon in cafe lewow?

The rampardos doesn't one shot everything.
Haxorus with Mold Breaker (because there's a Sturdy Shieldon) can do the job nicely, and can even Dragon Dance to help ensure things go down. Although your title legendary (Xerneas/Yveltal) should do the job easily as well. And Mewtwo, I guess. (Psystrike spam)

Granted, I use my shiny Dialga from the event just prior to X/Y's launch and have it spam Roar of Time to also try to get a nice score while I'm at it... (thanks to needing a turn to recharge) Though I could also use Giratina to also ignore the opponents' tendency to Protect via Shadow Force. All three have sucky IV's anyway, I never RNG'd them, so I may as well have a blast with them.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You can run Lv100 Choice Specs Modest 252 SpA Magnezone with Thunderbolt and OHKO every Pokemon in Le Wow rotation battles aside from Sturdy Shieldon. The only Pokemon that resist Electric are the Ferrothorn and Druddigon in the first battle, and both are OHKOed by Thunderbolt. Nothing is immune to Electric.

I personally run a Lv100 Choice Specs Timid Heliolisk with a 31 IV and max SpA, but it fails to OHKO Ferrothorn/Druddigon by about 3%, making Magnezone which is much stronger the better choice.

I like choice Electric types for this, because you can just button mash A without thinking the entire time and still win all the battles.

You can run Lv100 Choice Specs Modest 252 SpA Magnezone with Thunderbolt and OHKO every Pokemon in Le Wow rotation battles aside from Sturdy Shieldon. The only Pokemon that resist Electric are the Ferrothorn and Druddigon in the first battle, and both are OHKOed by Thunderbolt. Nothing is immune to Electric.

I personally run a Lv100 Choice Specs Timid Heliolisk with a 31 IV and max SpA, but it fails to OHKO Ferrothorn/Druddigon by about 3%, making Magnezone which is much stronger the better choice.

I like choice Electric types for this, because you can just button mash A without thinking the entire time and still win all the battles.
O_O Ok, the amount of thought you put into disintegrating the pokemon in the cafe is officially scary. And thank you for the tip! : )

O_O Ok, the amount of thought you put into disintegrating the pokemon in the cafe is officially scary. And thank you for the tip! : )
I think that's what people here on Smogon do best: putting a lot of thought into disintegrating the opponent as fairly and efficiently as possible. Though why GF put a Shieldon in there and not Bastiodon mystifies me. Though I do remember there being an Amoongus in there, and it loves to Spore.

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
Just Breeded 1 Flawless Careful Nature Eevee, and 1 5IV Eevee (lacking sp.atk).
I didn't Know that Wish was an egg move, and curse, so would this be a viable spread?

252 HP , 200 DEF, 52 Sp.Def

Moonlight
Payback
Toxic
Protect

I need some help so yeah

I have a question about gen V breeding.

I know that when breeding, three IV's come from each parents, allowing for Power Items etc. But why when I have two parents with 5 or 6 31's, do the results not have at least 4 or 5 31's themselves?

If you plan to do a lot of grinding to level 100, which I have done, you really need to become Grand Duke at the Battle Chateau, so that you can repeatedly pick up c. 60,000 xp a go from battling the women that have three level 65 Audinos (post black writ) and c. 32,000 xp from the ones with toe level 55 Audinos. Then you have the level 70, 75 and 80 gym leaders, elite 4 and Diantha respectively. Tonnes of xp from them too.

Getting to be Grand Duke is a major pain, but more than worth it for serious grinding. I started out using Cafe Le Wow, but it is seriously slower than the Battle Chateau.

I have a question about gen V breeding.

I know that when breeding, three IV's come from each parents, allowing for Power Items etc. But why when I have two parents with 5 or 6 31's, do the results not have at least 4 or 5 31's themselves?
When breeding without Destiny Knot, only 3 IVs are passed down total. It can be 3 from one parent, 0 from the other or 2 from one parent and 1 from the other.

When breeding with Destiny Knot, 5 IVs are passed down total. If you breed with 2 5 IV parents (assuming that their <31 IVs are in different stats), you are only guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, and will most likely get 4 perfect IVs.

Hey everyone! I don't know if this is the right place to ask as I've only just joined, but is there anywhere I can post a moveset, EV spread etc on a single Pokemon, and maybe some feedback too? I have a set for Stunfisk but I can't seem to find a thread which I could post it in. Many thanks in advance!

When breeding without Destiny Knot, only 3 IVs are passed down total. It can be 3 from one parent, 0 from the other or 2 from one parent and 1 from the other.

When breeding with Destiny Knot, 5 IVs are passed down total. If you breed with 2 5 IV parents (assuming that their <31 IVs are in different stats), you are only guaranteed 3 perfect IVs, and will most likely get 4 perfect IVs.
The Destiny Knot thing doesn't work in previous generations does it?

On a related note, does two Destiny Knots increase anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)