Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Destiny Knot thing doesn't work in previous generations does it?

On a related note, does two Destiny Knots increase anything?
No. You only need one on one parent, and then you give the everstone to the parent who has the Nature you want to pass down. The Destiny Knot will draw 5 stats from both parents randomly, leaving one stat 'wild'.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Destiny Knot does not affect Breeding prior to Generation VI.

Having both parents hold a Destiny Knot in Generation VI will not affect what IV's get passed iirc (5 IV's will still be passed down).

EDIT: Or simply read what Detective Barricade said... -.-'

Stupid question, is the EV training thing on the lower DS screen effected by pokerus?
Likes does pokerus make the training thing give 2x the EVs to that pokemon?

I just wanted to know if it would be say more effective to do the minigame or to just kill pokemon in an area for hours on end because killing the pokemon would give 2x the IVs due to pokerus.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Dear mods,
I really want to start a berry trade page. Can I? Some players want certain rare berries (starf, lansat, kee, maranta, enigma, etc.) and I felt it would be helpful to have a page where trainers can fork over pokemon/items for such commodities. I hope you respond, I think it would be a nice addition to the Orange Islands.

Sincerely,
Billy

Dear mods,
I really want to start a berry trade page. Can I? Some players want certain rare berries (starf, lansat, kee, maranta, enigma, etc.) and I felt it would be helpful to have a page where trainers can fork over pokemon/items for such commodities. I hope you respond, I think it would be a nice addition to the Orange Islands.

Sincerely,
Billy
Not a mod, and not trying to mini mod. . . Just to give you a tip to help you as soon as possible. The Wifi simple requests/simple trades thread has you covered if you're looking for things like that. And of course, individual trade threads.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Dear mods,

Sincerely,
Billy
Hi there BillyBidoof,

The best bet is to sort out a new thread in the Wifi section. I believe berry trades come under the guise of a trade shop. The Wifi Simple Requests thread is a good way to get started though as the above poster said. Have fun with your time on Smogon! :)

It takes an average of 30 seconds to get 12evs with a mini game, with an excellent chance of getting another 12evs via a punchbag. In 30 minutes, you will be fully trained. By comparison, hordes are slow, cumbersome and annoying.
Umm with pokerus a horde battle can get you 50 evs from a single group of 5 pokemon if you have the right +ev item equipped.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
It takes an average of 30 seconds to get 12evs with a mini game, with an excellent chance of getting another 12evs via a punchbag. In 30 minutes, you will be fully trained. By comparison, hordes are slow, cumbersome and annoying.
Yes, and Horde training with the right equipment takes less than 5 minutes... 252 HP EVs?

Power Weight + 5 Gulpins = 25 Evs *2 for Pokerus = 50 Evs, so in 5 battles you have 250 EVs... Even without Pokerus it only takes 10 battles to reach 250evs.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Trying to think of a good nickname for my jolly kangaskhan in a safari ball before I submit an SV hatching request. What do you guys recommend?

Trying to think of a good nickname for my jolly kangaskhan in a safari ball before I submit an SV hatching request. What do you guys recommend?
I know, try umm
Sarah Connor considering that it is extremely powerful and scary strong.
Cameron if you ever watched terminator the sarah connor chronicles you would get this.
And that's all I can think of atm.

Yes, and Horde training with the right equipment takes less than 5 minutes... 252 HP EVs?

Power Weight + 5 Gulpins = 25 Evs *2 for Pokerus = 50 Evs, so in 5 battles you have 250 EVs... Even without Pokerus it only takes 10 battles to reach 250evs.
Even better you get the EV's for 5 pokemon at once (you will need multiple power items). You easily have a whole new team of 6 fully EV'd in under an hour.

Ok here are some stupid questions I have.

I have the celebi from pokemon bank in the power link/whatever link thing in my start up menu, if I collect it will it appear from the delivery man like other event pokemon? I want to know because if it does I can hopefully soft reset into getting one with a good nature and ivs etc.

Also, I know I should have a pokemon showdown account etc, but before I make someone angry for quitting a match due to my crappy iPod's web browser crashing. I need to know, how smoothly does it run on a crappy iPod 4th generation? It's crappy because sometimes it even crashes while writing a post on xenforo forums. >_>

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Ok here are some stupid questions I have.

I have the celebi from pokemon bank in the power link/whatever link thing in my start up menu, if I collect it will it appear from the delivery man like other event pokemon? I want to know because if it does I can hopefully soft reset into getting one with a good nature and ivs etc.

Also, I know I should have a pokemon showdown account etc, but before I make someone angry for quitting a match due to my crappy iPod's web browser crashing. I need to know, how smoothly does it run on a crappy iPod 4th generation? It's crappy because sometimes it even crashes while writing a post on xenforo forums. >_>
The Bank Celebi is not manipulatable in any way. You get what you are given. Good Luck :)

Showdown (while not our area of expertise) has never been designed to run on anything other than a Computer. Results may vary on other devices... The same with Xenforo. You can probably get a better answer down in the Pokemon Showdown SQSA thread.

The Bank Celebi is not manipulatable in any way. You get what you are given. Good Luck :)

Showdown (while not our area of expertise) has never been designed to run on anything other than a Computer. Results may vary on other devices... The same with Xenforo. You can probably get a better answer down in the Pokemon Showdown SQSA thread.
Oh myy, so it's....wow!

Also the reason I asked about how well PS runs on a crappy ipod is because I read somewhere that you could play it on mobile devices, but they probably meant tablets etc. And it is rare that my ipod crashes while in xenforo but it's still annoying when I have a long po

Ok new question, where do I report an annoying bug on the forums here? Mine is that when I click on avatars here on my iPod it's shifted to the right so I end up seeing half of the avatar and a lot of empty white space to the left of the avatar.

New crazy question, is it woth obtaining pokemon with every trainer ID number ending with 00-99 just to have a 100% of getting a pp up from the lotto corner?

And yes, I know it's crazy but I like doing crazy weird hard things, asides from getting the shiny charm because holy crap, you have to REALLY want shiny pokemon to get that thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Oh myy, so it's....wow!

Also the reason I asked about how well PS runs on a crappy ipod is because I read somewhere that you could play it on mobile devices, but they probably meant tablets etc. And it is rare that my ipod crashes while in xenforo but it's still annoying when I have a long po

Ok new question, where do I report an annoying bug on the forums here? Mine is that when I click on avatars here on my iPod it's shifted to the right so I end up seeing half of the avatar and a lot of empty white space to the left of the avatar.

New crazy question, is it woth obtaining pokemon with every trainer ID number ending with 00-99 just to have a 100% of getting a pp up from the lotto corner?

And yes, I know it's crazy but I like doing crazy weird hard things, asides from getting the shiny charm because holy crap, you have to REALLY want shiny pokemon to get that thing.
lol calm down on the posting. People will get to your questions in time. There is also an Edit button at the bottom of your post if you need to change/update something quickly.

As I said, Xenforo is designed for "proper" browsers. What you have on your iPod is probably not classed as that. That's highly likely the reason you also run into these other problems with the forums too.

For the ID Question, Yes it is. I believe both TheMantyke and Jimera0 have done that task so that they only receive PP Ups or better from the Lotto. It's not even that hard to do now with Wonder trading and the like.

lol calm down on the posting. People will get to your questions in time. There is also an Edit button at the bottom of your post if you need to change/update something quickly.

As I said, Xenforo is designed for "proper" browsers. What you have on your iPod is probably not classed as that. That's highly likely the reason you also run into these other problems with the forums too.

For the ID Question, Yes it is. I believe both TheMantyke and Jimera0 have done that task so that they only receive PP Ups or better from the Lotto. It's not even that hard to do now with Wonder trading and the like.
Sorry, my brain is just really weird and decides that 4:20 am is the BEST time to start thinking of the weirdest and most interesting questions EVER.

And here's another one.
What is the best possible pure catching pokemon you have ever had/use?
While I have yet to fully ev train it it etc, I do have a jolly breloom with spore, out door sleuth (I am the one person on the planet to find a use for it, YAY), protect, false swipe, while holding an item that boosts normal type attacks so false swipe is boosted even more than the fact that it's on a breloom.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Getting the shiny charm isn't particularly difficult, it just requires time and dedication. I kept a list of all the pokes I still needed on my computer, and I'd go on the GTS and search/trade for a few of them on my list every day. I'd also make sure I offered a spitback of something good that people are looking for (for me, that was gale wings fletchling; I did have to put a note on it in GTS for that to work), and I'd have a new dex filler waiting for me when I played the next day.

Sorry, my brain is just really weird and decides that 4:20 am is the BEST time to start thinking of the weirdest and most interesting questions EVER.

And here's another one.
What is the best possible pure catching pokemon you have ever had/use?
While I have yet to fully ev train it it etc, I do have a jolly breloom with spore, out door sleuth (I am the one person on the planet to find a use for it, YAY), protect, false swipe, while holding an item that boosts normal type attacks so false swipe is boosted even more than the fact that it's on a breloom.
Capture pokemon come in many stripes. I've got lots of fancy pokeballs, so I generally don't worry about statusing / lowering the HP of the captures, so I use things like my male cute charm sylveon that knows skill swap, which I use to catch HA female pokemon in friend safaris (very useful for 12.5% female gender ratios, like the starters). Synchronizers are also useful.

Here's a silly question, does the Soul Dew work in the Battle Tower for R/S? I've heard the three following answers.

-Yes.
-No, you can't enter with it.
-You can enter but there will be no boost.

Which is the right answer?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's a silly question, does the Soul Dew work in the Battle Tower for R/S? I've heard the three following answers.

-Yes.
-No, you can't enter with it.
-You can enter but there will be no boost.

Which is the right answer?
I seem to remember being turned away by the NPC at the battle tower when I tried to enter with it but I checked Bulbapedia and they say this:

Due to this large boost, it has been banned from official tournaments. If used in the Battle Tower, Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, or Battle Maison, Soul Dew's effect is nullified.
This makes it seem that you can equip it but it will have no affect on Lati@s in the battle tower. Either way you can't use it so better start looking for something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)