Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you replying to my question? If so then if I take a Lv. 100 Pokemon and use the reset bag on it, I can still EV train it through horde battles?

I heard that the EV mechanics were no longer linked to EXP in Gen 5 but I don't really know what the new mechanics are, so if you can shed some light on it, that would be great.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Were you replying to my question? If so then if I take a Lv. 100 Pokemon and use the reset bag on it, I can still EV train it through horde battles?

I heard that the EV mechanics were no longer linked to EXP in Gen 5 but I don't really know what the new mechanics are, so if you can shed some light on it, that would be great.
Same as generation 5, where the EVs are applied after battle, instead of at level up as in previous generations.

The belief that a level 100 pokemon in Gen III/IV can't be EV trained is actually a common misconception. EVs were never "linked" to exp gained. You could EV train a level 100 pokemon normally, and although the changes to its stats will not be shown at first, simply depositing it in the PC will recalculate its stats to the correct values.

If I manually interrupt my current streak at the Battle Maison, how do I continue where I left off? Is it just as simple as entering in the same type of challenge again and using the same Pokemon?

Also, I'm repeating the following since it wasn't answered before:

When someone goes online and their message pops up on the lower screen, sometimes the person's name has a red background and other times it's blue. Do the different colors have any significant meaning?

If I manually interrupt my current streak at the Battle Maison, how do I continue where I left off? Is it just as simple as entering in the same type of challenge again and using the same Pokemon?

Also, I'm repeating the following since it wasn't answered before:
If you interrupt your current streak in the BM, you simply need to go to the NPC to start that battle line again, and you will go where you left off.

As for your other question, I've seen people have Yellow backgrounds, which means they are using an O-power on you. I'm assuming Blue and Red are simply different O-power levels, like lvl 1, lvl 2, lvl 3.

Actually, that's not what he's talking about. It's not a glow around the character, it's the frame around their text. I think, though I haven't been able to confirm it, that it's what version they're playing.

If you interrupt your current streak in the BM, you simply need to go to the NPC to start that battle line again, and you will go where you left off.
Ah, I figured that was the case, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks. Upon talking to the NPC again, it sort of felt like I was starting a new streak because it asks you to manually pick all three Pokemon. Does this mean you can use a different team at any point, or will the game forbid you from continuing the current streak unless you use the same three that started it?

Actually, that's not what he's talking about. It's not a glow around the character, it's the frame around their text. I think, though I haven't been able to confirm it, that it's what version they're playing.
This is what I meant, yeah. I can definitely see the version-based colors making sense, so I'll go with that. Thanks.

^ I just used one of my spare Klefki. You can either find one with Spikes in a horde (learns it at level 15), or just use a heart scale on one that's of a higher level.

How do I upload a video from the VS. Recorder? I believe it said via PSS but I can't find an option for it.
If you're connected to the internet before opening the Vs. Recorder, the option will appear to upload your video (typical upload arrow). Then you'll receive your code to share on here or anywhere else!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Anyone know where I can post a hypothesis topic?
Are we talking competitive theory mon? If you are head up to Uncharted Territory and have a look around there.

Otherwise there isn't really anywhere for that sort of thing on Smogon.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
We do have a "Pokémon theories" thread for general guesses and hypotheses about Pokémon lore and such. It should be a few pages back.

But as for predictions of anything NOT in the games, such as new games or unreleased Mega Pokémon or whatever... these forums aren't the place for that. Try Bulbagarden or Serebii.

Best bet is getting something of your own with Spikes, and then finding a doubles battle somewhere and Sketching it off of yourself
Yup, the best idea is to catch Klefki (learns it at level 15) and go to the Restaurant Le Nah. You can double battle there. Make sure Pokémon are at least level 10, so they don't die.

What will the IV guy say when an IV is 0?
He's got a bunch of different sayings, but basically the format goes like this:

Best stats are (list). I think they're (keyword). BUT... (zero stat).

if he lists any stat AFTER he's said something like "can't be beat!" or "some good stats", then it's a zero. He'll say something like "It's terrible" or "How do you expect to get anywhere?" or "You can't take a hit like that...", but it's the format that matters.

What do Meowstic have to do with Onyx? Their Japanese name is Nyaonyx, but they neither seem to have something to do with the mineral nor do they have pronounced claws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)