Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

Is it really though? Discounting Alexstrasza, without an upper limit on health, Priest's Hero Power becomes even better than Warrior's as you can either give yourself two health or give it to a minion if needed each and every turn. Priest has almost as many ways to regain health as warrior does to gain armor, so without an upper limit they basically become the same.

Warrior keeps their armor after Alex, can use it for Shield Slam, can go over 30 without using a specific 5 mana card, and have much better life gain options than any other class in Hearthstone (gain 5 and cycle for 3? Gain 5 and get a 5/5 for 6? A 2 mana 1/4 that synergizes with the entire class to gain crazy amounts of armor? Priest would kill for cards like that)

Not that Dawn's Grace wouldn't be good, but it wouldn't exactly make Control Priest much better and it'd still be tremendously outclassed

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
very impressive stuff @bryne
i also agree that the art is :>

Last edited:
Hey guys I need some advice on which legend to craft. I crafted dr boom and sylvanas (then just now pulled a second sylvanas) and also have cenarius, golden al'akir, jaraxxus, hogger, black knight, sylvanas, boom, alexstrasza, and mekgineer thermaplugg. Is a second sylvanas worth keeping for any reason? Should I craft a few staple epics and my few missing rares or make another legendary? I have 2000 dust and another 400 from dupe sylvanas. I'm thinking if I were to make a legendary I would want something more fun but still useful.

Edit:I should point out I'm thinking my most likely targets are Antonidas, thalnos, ysera, or something kinda fun and silly.

Last edited:

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if you wanna play warrior or paladin then grommash and tirion are almost mandatory, malganis if you wanna have fun with voidcaller, otherwise harrison jones is solid if you see a lot of weapon classes around

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://imgur.com/a/3wAW1

I like to share my 12 win runs in arena. I've been doing pretty amazingly recently in arena. Over the last 24 runs I am averaging 6.4 wins and 133 gold. I am almost infinite. Infinite + a little bit of profit with daily quests (I only really have the time to run 1-2 a day)

The above seemed like a pretty "ok" deck during the draft (4 dark cultists is great), but what I really discovered is how well it eventually gets insurmountable board control because of all the HP buff cards and the general lack of removal in Arena.

There are 2 wins missing from the win list but it was another Mage (going first) with my boss battle coming against a rogue (going second). And also my deck list cut off, there's a Holy Smite above the Northshire Cleric.

My two losses came from what I can only describe as a constructed zoo deck, but better... the guy had 3 Knife Jugglers, 2 Dark Bombs, 3 Imp Gang Bosses and a Implosion. I never got a chance to establish board control and was just steamrolled. The second was against a hunter and I mulliganed into Holy Nova / Holy Nova / Temple Enforcer.... so, yeah...

magma ragers as hero power is ass, meanwhile nefarian keeps filling hand with useful spells
Yeah I've actually won a couple as Rag now. Basically if you have to hero power early you've lost. If you get the 6/6 taunts and the 6/3 deal 6 damage battlecry then you have a chance of surviving for a while. If you can get to the 8 damage hero power and draw into some of the board clears then it's winnable. However even at THAT point there's still a chance Nefarian will pull some stupid shit like Mind Control, Flamestrike, Sprint, etc from his hero power and there's just nothing the Rag player can do there at all.

Also why the HELL did they put Flame Imps in Rag's deck?! It is BEYOND useless, the entirety of the Nefarian deck is high health creatures that the Flame Imp can only tickle

Tavern Brawl is really fun. In the beginning it was very unpredictable and interesting. I do dislike the current matchup disadvantage but it's still fun.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rag is so bad and I keep getting him. I've gotten nefarian twice and rag eight times, and I've won both times with nefarian and only two out of eight w/ rag.

i agree it's cool tho.

also bought the new hunter hero she's dank as shit

looking forward to new brawls, hope they do a naxx one with all the broken naxx cards that you can't normally use like fucking worshipper

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I dont think rag is as bad as you are all making him out to be. You can trade your hero power and weapon into any of the 7 7 fine and your late game is just ridiculous anyway. Maybe Im just getting super lucky with him but he doesnt seem awful. Just beat a nef that got a turn 3 sprint so either everyone im playing is bad or rag isnt awful. Right now im 7-0 with nef and 5-2 with rag.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Rag just needs a different approach to it, than what most of you are used to I guess. I guess this disparity will even out pretty soon once people figure out the knack.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
looks like I've been really unlucky as rag, mostly with how my opponents drew. they constantly get the stupid ass ysera that boosts attack at the start of the turn and the only answers so it that I've come across are the dragon that casts corruption and the guy who gives you brawl (which is a slow response). once I learned the deck better and started mulling for the taunt, the fire elemental on crack, and the guys i mentioned before, I started doing a bit better, but I do think nefarian is significantly better. turn one dragon consort and chromatic drake is just disgusting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)