HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
A thought just occurred to me.

Supposedly, Fr/Lg and R/S/E take place during the same time period, and so does P/D/P and Hg/Ss (3 years later), right? This could justify using the Time Capsule just like in the original G/S/C.

If you take everything into account, Generation 3 is the only generation without any kind of tradebacks between generations. What if the Time Capsule happens to work like in Generation 2 rather than the way Pal Park works now?

It's a long shot, but I can imagine how would this affect Generation 3, although the only thing popping into my mind right now is Cross Chop Ursaring.

Anyway, I hope we get ExtremeSpeed Dragonite, and some reliable way of cloning while we're at it.

What little kid didn't have issues there? Try Electric, nothing. Grass, nothing. When I finally found out it was weak to dragon I tried a Dragonair, only to be hit with a Dragonbreath. Yeah, I hated that gym...
Ugh, and Clair loved to use Hyper potions on it too >< so even if you weakened it enough to KO with your next attack she would always cure it :/

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, it felt kind of broken overall. Kingdra and Miltank were just absolutely deadly in GSC. Especially because no one really knew how to handle all this new stuff at first.

Off-topic for a second: I approve of NESgamer's avatar.

The names "Heart Gold" and Soul Silver" are appropriate for me. The hearts and souls of pokemon lovers will forever be lost in gold and silver........nostalgia, good times........

Yeah, there's at least one (Bozo's). I doubt he'd trade it, though, and now with the RNG being cracked, it's not too difficult to breed your own...

Anyway, I sprited the little icon things. Feel free to use them :P
This is one more reason I love you, Wichu. I'm gonna ask somebody to make me a custom avatar when my ICBB get's lifted, if these icons are still around in a month and a half (3 month infracts 4tw!......). A mix of a pic with Vash and the Gold symbol somewhere in there.

IRT Jibaku:
Ahh, nostalgic about the Gyms? I'm hoping for some subtle makeovers like in platinum, but with a little more extra. :) Gardenia's was the best (Damn I love that name, I blame .hack// Outbreak) revamp, imo, and I can only imagine what they will do with the GS ones. As far as TMs, I slightly agree more with Zarator on the TM fixes for some reason, except Flash Cannon. I think Jasmine might use Magnezone though, so it's not completely unthinkable. However, I do agree with you that it will be Dragon PULSE over Claw or anything else.

How about a completely NEW twist, and the Gym Leaders (upon a hopeful rebattle feature) TUTOR a few type-exclusive moves. Highly unlikely, but hell, I can dream. As far as a RELIABLE way to get Celebi, I can't wait. :) The 2 fliers are cool too, but meh.. Celebi 4tw.

EDIT: I remember somebody saying something about a Pokemon Timeline? Well if that's so, how come you can "migrate" pokemon from 3-years in the past to "the future" instantaneously? Either way, I really don't want to see the whole future/past thing screwing everything up.

I can't wait for the Silver remake. Silver has been my favorite ever since i opened that box 9 years ago...

Im not going to check for the updates on the games, because i want to be really surprised.

cant wait for these just another £30 or so i need to find from somewhere but i couldent stop playing G/S/C back in the day ( i had silver myself ) i prob decide which one to get after seeing what each catchable list is

I will definitely be playing these in Japanese; let's hope I remember enough of the GSC storyline to figure out what to do
same... but I don't know I'll have the time to play it... :( and the english version will be out when??? after 3/4 months??? OUCH ._.'

hopefully this will fix the platinum weather glitch!

getting soul silver because because lugia and nostalgia from when I bought the japanese version, not understanding a thing

this time things will be different
Also you know how in FireRed and stuff you can go to the Sevii Islands? I hope in Heart Gold and Soul Silver you can access the Orange League. Wouldn't that be sweet!!
more like a reasonable way to get celebi
Add the possibility to catch the Legendary Dogs! (why nodoby talks about that??) and some new graphics feature, and we should get the perfect game!
I really hope they fix the weather glitch though, and that they bring the quality of the game at the level of platinum, because fire red/leaf green were a bit under emerald as general features :)

Mmm i think the names are pretty cool (Heart Gold <3), they won't just call them Gold/Silver DS, they didn't with Red/Green...

EDIT:Oh yeah the Sevii islands, i hope they are there, i'm glad i'm not the only one that wants them.

About Kanto probably Cinnabar island, Seafoam islands and some other places that got butchered (safari zone) should be included again.

The Elite 4 really needs a boost in the level of their pokemon, they are the only E4 with level 40-50 pokemon, most have over 50+...

Off-topic for a second: I approve of NESgamer's avatar.
:justin: i couldn't resist!

Oh man, some kid today in my study hall busted out a GBA along wiht a working Crystal version and I was like "Awesome." Then at lunch, which happens in the middle of that study hall, my friend told me that it was official that the remakes were to happen.
But yeah anyways I'm excited to see Jhoto the way Dppt was done(I'm not sure, is that 3D). I'm definitely going to get Heart-Gold, but I'm going to wait for the english version. I can't wait to see some screenshots.

Definitely gonna get Heart Gold.

I really hope they keep the acorn balls in the game (Moon Ball anyone?), and are able to incorporate some aspects from Crystal such as the Unown Ruins, Battle Tower (Though I reallyreally hope they make a Battle Frontier :/) and the ExtremeSpeed Dratini. Being able to rebattle the gym leaders would also be a very cool option, and hopefully a Kanto that isn't so barebones (no technical limitations excuse this time), as well as some more post game sidestories and what not. The game could be harder, too. GSC's E4 and gym leaders were really really low leveled lol...

Celebi and Jirachi event would be awesome too! Oh and some new sprites for Gen2 pokemon and sugimori art. @_@ No more weirdly pale pokemon, please. Wonder if we'll get any new forms? heh.

I can already picture my team,
Typhlosion / Ursaring / Slowbro / Heracross

Maybe something fast... Maybe Octillery too, he's pretty badass.

GSDS will be aweaome! Yay!
I wonder if the FR/LG tutors will be available...
I don't know whether I want them to stick to the original storyline or not... Something like the 2000 movie would be neat.
Also, since the Regis and birds are in Plat, will Mewtwo be back in Kanto? Can't wait for more news.
I never SR for anything legendary, but those dogs will be worth it. I hope we don't have the same SRing problems as with the Plat birds.
Edit: I am definitely going to get SoulSilver for Lugia first. I remember first using Aeroblast... epic! ^_^

These new remakes sound awesome. I personally cannot wait to go through Johto AND maybe Kanto, like the original G/S did. Also, I am excited to battle Ash Ketchum at the very end of the game. Him and his Pikachu :D

I don't know which one I'm going to get yet, I'll have to see what the exclusives are. Although on that one principle, I'm leaning towards Silver, due to Skarmory. But hey, you never know.

Anyways, this is pretty awesome. I still always actively play Crystal. On my most recent runthrough, I started tinkering with my Pokemon's Hidden Powers, and I was surprised to find that my Pinsir had Hidden Power Bug, which was extremely awesome. So was my Houndoom's Hidden Power Water, and Feraligatr's Hidden Power Rock.

Anyways, this game already has a 10/10 due to me wearing extreme nostalgia glasses.

Epic. Win. I just want them to add new features and beefed up elite four. And now Feraligatr should have a physical water move yay.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
since the dp emulators are shit i might just buy a ds to play heart gold

oh man, all those cool but crappy-movepool pokemon now actually have decent learnset to work with

think crobat, ariados

I always go with the second version if possible (Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl), so I'll go with Soul Silver.

Ha ha, Sudowoodo will be a pseudo-legendary again!

I hope I'll be able to soft-reset for Raikou and Suicune. The birds will probably be like in the original game, with one at Level 40 and one at 70.

I think the Tutors will be like FRLG, so there'll be Elemental Punches. This would account for Whirlpool and Headbutt, too.

Oh i wonder what TMs will the gym leaders give to you, most of the TM in GSC are not TM any more: Mud-Slap,Fury Cutter,Attract,Shadowball,Dynamic Punch,Iron Tail,Icy Wind and Dragon Breath

my guess would be (assuming the TM list remains the same as DPPt)

Falkner - aerial ace
Bugsy- x-scissor
Whitney- Attract
Morty- Shadow ball
Chuck- focus blast? o_O
Jasmine- Iron tail
Pryce- Avalanche
Clair- Dragon pulse

Guys, I do not think they will change the gym Pokémon at all. Have they done it in FR/LG? no, actually. At best they could do a "after national dex" Elite Four with some additions and 70-ish Pokémon

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Guys, I do not think they will change the gym Pokémon at all. Have they done it in FR/LG? no, actually. At best they could do a "after national dex" Elite Four with some additions and 70-ish Pokémon
FR/LG lowered the Elite Four's levels by 2 if I remember right...

Also, I know it's Red but let's all be honest, that team is all Ash.

Also, I know it's Red but let's all be honest, that team is all Ash.
Ash never caught an Eevee (and he also never evolved his Bulbasaur or Squirtle), whereas Red, even in the original Pokemon Special manga, wound up with an Eevee (which did evolve into Espeon). The team simply consisted of the four first gen starters (Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Pikachu) and two Pokemon that you were practically guaranteed to pick up during your travels (the Snorlax that was blocking your way and the Eevee you get in Celadon City). It's mostly just a coincidence, especially with Snorlax, that Ash's and Red's teams lined up so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)