HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the point to make them DSi capable by eliminating any use for the GBA slot? If so, get ready for all the dongle Pokemon to be catchable.

Also, I originally thought the "pick one of three lives" thing referred to the FR/LG starters. L1 legendary dragons are just... wow.

So if I transfer my kyogre and groudon from DPPt to HGSS (they were caught in Emerald originally of course) will I be able to catch Rayquaza in HGSS or do I have to catch the RSE trio in HGSS?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
where might groudon, kyogre and rayquaza be available?

maybe a part of hoenn is accessable as it is situated next to johto:

http://serebii.net/pokearth/

http://i1.tinypic.com/mu9zl5.jpg

probably won't happen, but would certainly be fun. :naughty:
...You know, Faraway and Southern Islands were only accessible from Hoenn. If Johto is really that close to it, then maybe we will really have a Mew event, along with the Latibros either in the island or roaming.

Now we just need a Jirachi event and I'm set.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
So if I transfer my kyogre and groudon from DPPt to HGSS (they were caught in Emerald originally of course) will I be able to catch Rayquaza in HGSS or do I have to catch the RSE trio in HGSS?
Transferring will probably do the same thing (since you need both on one to get Rayquaza), but I guess there's only way to find out for sure. As far as I can tell, it shouldn't matter how you get them onto either cartridge, just that you get them there.

This looks like its going to be a very big game i think it will easily outsell platinum.

Im just hoping the include a vs recorder that would be awesome (Y)

The trouble is, how will they incorporate all the special Pokés into HGSS?
There's:
  • The Kanto startes
  • The Hoenn starters
  • THe Kanto legendaries (birds, Mew, Mewtwo)
  • The Hoenn Regis, runners and other special Pokemon
And plenty of others that are only in Kanto (FR/LG) and Hoenn (R/S/E).
THat's a hell of a lot that'll probably be one per cartridge like the GSC starters were.

Speaking of C, CrystalClear anyone?

There's:
  • The Kanto startes
  • The Hoenn starters
THat's a hell of a lot that'll probably be one per cartridge like the GSC starters were.

Im sure they will be able to do it. Ive read about them maybe introducing some islands like from the fire red and leaf green series.

Well i'm just hoping that it will be the best poke game ever. :P
There will probably be a way to win the starters like with the battle frontier in Emerald.

First off, is anyone else just gonna run through with just typhlosion at first? I think I will, unless e-speed dratini and red gyrados is available. I bet groudon /kyogre will only be available after e-4, otherwise it'll just be perma sun eruption typhlosion or red gyrados/feraligator rain abuse.

Edit: since girantina is available in all games, unless they have speciel moves, diamong will get palkia, pearl will get diagla...platinum won't care!

Edit again!: The chocolate bunny, why would nintendo stop? Aren't the pokemon games like...their second best selling series? It makes a shitload of money, as you said. They aren't stupud enough to stop!

If you ask me, this is starting to get silly. The way I heard it, Kyogre and Groudon are roamers. How exactly does a Kyogre get around a region with only one real decent water area? Then again, I might be misunderstanding.

I'm still wondering if they'll do anything with Celebi, since as far as I know it's the only Pokemon left that non-Japanese people have no way of trying for a good one. Other than Arceus but it'll probably hit America at some point.

On the topic of Arceus, what kind of crazy idea is that Lv1 dragon trio one? If only it was more like Regigigas and lead to a non-Lv100 version of itself, huh?

One last thing, what's with all the people seeming to forget that this is on the DS, not a DSi exclusive? Not so much here, but other places.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If you ask me, this is starting to get silly. The way I heard it, Kyogre and Groudon are roamers. How exactly does a Kyogre get around a region with only one real decent water area? Then again, I might be misunderstanding.

I'm still wondering if they'll do anything with Celebi, since as far as I know it's the only Pokemon left that non-Japanese people have no way of trying for a good one. Other than Arceus but it'll probably hit America at some point.

On the topic of Arceus, what kind of crazy idea is that Lv1 dragon trio one? If only it was more like Regigigas and lead to a non-Lv100 version of itself, huh?

One last thing, what's with all the people seeming to forget that this is on the DS, not a DSi exclusive? Not so much here, but other places.
I don't really know where people saw they were roaming pokémon (Pokébeach only says "in the wild"), but they won't be. It seriously makes zero sense. Maybe Rayquaza becomes a roaming pokémon, but not Kyogre/Groudon. Maybe, just maybe, we'll have Marine and Terra Cave back, with their entrance areas randomly appearing through Kanto and/or Johto.

The Arceus part may lead to something pretty interesting, at least flavor-wise. There is no other pokémon in the game (except Regigigas) that have created any other one; considering Arceus is the Alpha pokémon (in before Ruins of Alph having any correlation to it) but that D/P never explained exactly about its myth, and that Platinum now has that hiker guy that tells a bit of the story, it seems logical that they finally decide to expand its tale a little. And we'll end up with a lv1 legendary of our choice.

I wonder if they'll come with their respective orbs, otherwise it won't be possible to get Origintina... Of course, if they decide Arceus will create an itemless Origintina that can equip any item (or that is given with a random item), I wouldn't mind...

First off, is anyone else just gonna run through with just typhlosion at first? I think I will, unless e-speed dratini and red gyrados is available. I bet groudon /kyogre will only be available after e-4, otherwise it'll just be perma sun eruption typhlosion or red gyrados/feraligator rain abuse.

Edit: since girantina is available in all games, unless they have speciel moves, diamong will get palkia, pearl will get diagla...platinum won't care!

Edit again!: The chocolate bunny, why would nintendo stop? Aren't the pokemon games like...their second best selling series? It makes a shitload of money, as you said. They aren't stupud enough to stop!

yeah I sorta said that in my post

I'm guessing that most people here traded their DS or DS Lite for a DSi, so they can't Pal Park anymore. I personally have a DS, DS Lite, and a DSi. :-P

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Heh I just read the part about Kyogre being available in HeartGold, I was gonna get it already but now it just sweetens the deal :). Unfortunately, pretty much everyone is gonna go for Gold now :(

There's:
  • The Kanto startes
  • The Hoenn starters

They will most likely treat both the Hoenn and Kanto Starters as they did the Jotho starters in Emerald. The only Kanto Pokemon missing is Mewtwo, which they could re-open the Cerulean Cave for or have him be obtainable from a Spin-Off Title, such as Ranch or Ranger. The Regis are already obtainable from Pl, the Three "Main" Legends are already announced, and the Twins could be treated as addiontal roamers, Platinum has 5 -_-, or do what I mentioned for Mewtwo and have them in a Spin-off Title.

Like others have said, it's not that we can't still pal park (Emerald Spreads are easier to SR for than DPP ones anywa), it's just that Nintendo is "subtly" moving us away from the GBA Games. It wouldn't be surprising if the XD Tutor Moves found themselves in HGGS at all.

Heh I just read the part about Kyogre being available in HeartGold, I was gonna get it already but now it just sweetens the deal :). Unfortunately, pretty much everyone is gonna go for Gold now :(
Pretty unexpected anyways, I guess GF realized it had to balance out Lugia's popularity by including Kyogre in HS lol. I'm still in favor of SS :P
Lack of information is kind of a disappointment though...wonder if Hoenn will be included

Pretty unexpected anyways, I guess GF realized it had to balance out Lugia's popularity by including Kyogre in HS lol. I'm still in favor of SS :P
Lack of information is kind of a disappointment though...wonder if Hoenn will be included
Nooooo! I wanted lugia and Kyogre!
I hope they include a modified GTS system, but it probably wont happen because they're still in generation 4. I guess they could modify just some features

Edit: and more things to do post elite-4(battle frontier!)

The way I see it, most special Pokemon can definitely be included in new/reconstructed areas such as:

Groudon: Cinnabar Volcano
Kyogre: Seafoam Islands
Rayquaza: Mt. Silver Peak
Mewtwo: Cerulean Cave

These next ones could be available after certain conditions:

Kanto Starters: Prof. Oak
Hoenn Starters: Prof. Elm
Lati@s: Roaming Kanto

Really, they can think of anything. I don't even think level 1 Dragontrio is strange. From the looks of it, Arceus might be creating one from scratch especially for you, the "chosen trainer" or whatever....

The Arceus part may lead to something pretty interesting, at least flavor-wise. There is no other pokémon in the game (except Regigigas) that have created any other one
I believe Ho-oh was said to have created Suicune, Raikou and Entei, but I may be mistaken.

I'm going for silver. Typhlosion is the best poke to make a single run through with, + sun boosted eruptions anyone? simply use nothing but typhlosion through e-4, then when you get groudon, just lead with him for everybattle and then switch to typhlosion. Tear through post elite-4 with him (pherhaps using e-speed dragonite with flamethrower, solarbeam, e-speed, and draco meteor) until battle frontier. Speaking of which, I hope they don't pull any battle tower nonsence and wait for the crystal remake for a frontier. Speaking of which, they should add some new places to the frontier. Cmon, 5? emerald had 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)