HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Remember this?

These, my friends, are the legendaries that weren't allowed in WCS 2009 but will be in WCS 2010.

Yep.

No Mewtwo confirmation.

Fuckers.

HOWEVER, if the level limit will still be 50, then either we'll have a Mewtwo event (and possibly a Tyranitar one, because seriously...), or Mewtwo will be available ingame as we predict but we won't have any word on that till next month :/

So all of those have been confirmed at/below lv. 50 in HG/SS?(I haven't been following every post in this thread, sorry if that's old news) Cool, they will probably all be allowed. Obviously we can't know 100% until we know the scan says "those allowed" and we need a translator for that. Unless you've gotten it translated already, then my bad. :P

edit = Also, what's the one on the far upper left? I can't quite make it out.

A Mewtwo event wouldn't be that bad of an idea actually. Maybe Mewtwo and Tyranitar, with similar timing to Shaymin/Regigigas events back in February/March.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus

Remember this?

These, my friends, are the legendaries that weren't allowed in WCS 2009 but will be in WCS 2010.

Yep.

No Mewtwo confirmation.

Fuckers.

HOWEVER, if the level limit will still be 50, then either we'll have a Mewtwo event (and possibly a Tyranitar one, because seriously...), or Mewtwo will be available ingame as we predict but we won't have any word on that till next month :/
I'm gonna cry :(

Remember this?

Yep.

No Mewtwo confirmation.

Fuckers.

Or HGSS will implement auto-leveling for local battles. But that defeats the purpose of having a level 50 Rayquaza doesn't it?

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Can't tell who the first one is, but Lugia/Ho-Oh, Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina? Fuck that. I'm not going to play VGC next year if it's doubles with no bans on Ubers. Even though Kyogre won't be able to use Water Spout, rain and sun teams are going to run rampant.

Probably is Mewtwo. Especially since, that is Mewtwo's Japanese name. So I am assuming that Mewtwo will be at Cerulean Cave, or distributed at an event.

No crap that's Mewtwo, we've known that for a couple weeks.

Arael was just reposting it because earlier we believed it was confirming that Mewtwo was included in HGSS. Now he believes that this board is depicting the Ubers allowed in future tournaments.

It is mewtwo, like witchcraft said. It has the name under it, and if you look at the art and compare it to the picture, the purple is the body/tail, with the arm in front of the tail on the left side.

Remember this?

Yep.

No Mewtwo confirmation.

Fuckers.

I wouldn't worry, I very much doubt this board depicts anything to do with the VGC 2010 championships, and until 100% confirmation of what this caption is about or any future championship announcements are made, we shouldn't speculate.

Another thing, obtaining Requazza at level 50 in game may make some sense for allowing it entry level into the VGC series although there is still the likes of Dragonite who will still be excluded (yes their was a lv 50 Dragonite event although not everyone has one) which doesnt make total sense of the theory.
Any whatever happens i can't wait for this HS/SS are going to be so amazing G/S was always my favourite series.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That really sucks I'm still harboring a bit of hope that that isn't the case, and yeah pbb please excuse the crappinesz of my posts as I'm already in San Diego and so on my phone

Since there's a Safari Zone in Johto now, what's going to happen with Kanto's Safari Zone? Will it be gone, will it be opened? If there's two Safari Zones, both will probably have exclusive pokes in each. Oh and the Game Corner, I wonder what TMs they have this go around.

More info about HG SS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fejJfJzbjKE

Seems like Lv1 dialga/palkia/giratia will have their respective orbs equipped.
Called it. I posted this six days ago.
On a different note, in the picture with all the legendaries, notice it's Origin Giratina there. Wonder if that means anything? My guess is that the dragon you pick will come with the matching orb. Do not take this as fact.
It was only a guess, but yeah.

On a different note, why are you still posting that guy's videos? Did you miss the whole "stop posting his videos, he's not reliable" thing? Also, his tendancy to capitalise every word he types is really annoying.

Since there's a Safari Zone in Johto now, what's going to happen with Kanto's Safari Zone? Will it be gone, will it be opened? If there's two Safari Zones, both will probably have exclusive pokes in each. Oh and the Game Corner, I wonder what TMs they have this go around.
Depends if we get the national pokedex post johto or post kanto I guess. (A kanto safari zone with Hoenn pokemon)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Interesting stuff

- Giratina-O's return made my day ^_^
- The board almost implies that Mewtwo will be capturable in HGSS. Unless they change the level restriction, or put on autolevel, Mewtwo can't enter the tournament. However, Shokotan said Mewtwo can enter
- A poster in Serebii said you can only use HGSS caught/bred Pokemon in next year's tourney. Am I getting the feeling that they're trying to phase out the RNG?
- Ubers VGC sounds VERY exciting.
brings back JAA memories...

If HGSS really does have 2v2 double battles on wifi, who would be your partner? Team Mods vs Team Regulars, heh heh. Seeing some of the greatest 1v1 players on Smogon team up would be interesting. Old vid of wireless battle, hoping wifi can also do mixed doubles too.

Interesting stuff

- The board almost implies that Mewtwo will be capturable in HGSS. Unless they change the level restriction, or put on autolevel, Mewtwo can't enter the tournament. However, Shokotan said Mewtwo can enter
- A poster in Serebii said you can only use HGSS caught/bred Pokemon in next year's tourney. Am I getting the feeling that they're trying to phase out the RNG?
Maybe I don't buy this just because I hope it isn't true, but would the developers really come up with a new RNG system in the time since it became widely known that the DPPt RNG was cracked just to keep perfect Pokemon out of the tournaments?
This statement would also imply that every single Pokemon would be obtainable in HGSS, including Heatran, Sinnoh starters, Cresselia, pixies etc.

I'm guessing this is just a rumor started by some random 'biitard.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Interesting stuff

Ubers doubles with VGC rules, Jibaku? Granted, I know more about VGC style battles with OU/NU/UU/BL Pokemon, but the abilities of certain Pokemon (Kyogre/Groudon) will overcentralize the VGC next year if they're allowed. The only major change I can think of will be Kyogre not having Water Spout, but that's not going to alter much, IMO. I've only done doubles with Ubers a few times, so it's hardly representative of it as a whole, but either I or my opponent has had Drizzle & Drought (I used Drought in one battle, but it failed 'cause I forgot my opponent's Kyogre was slower than my Groudon.) The other lead and the rest of the team will also be able to take advantage of either weather, since it's incredibly easy to base an Ubers team on weather.

That would only keep non-bred pokemon out, as you could easily RNG an egg and trade it over for an RNGed HG/SS pokemon, even if they do come up with a new RNG.
When I think about it, DP to Plat is the only time the RNG stayed the same between installments. We all know about Emerald, and how FR/LG/R/S are nigh impossible to abuse normally. It is very possible it will change again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)