How to clone Pokemon in Emerald version

Heh, all we need now is a missingno.

And God, I think this is terrible. This totally ruins shiny pokemon (Although AR could do that anyway I guess). Great, now i'm going to see black charizards on wifi all the time unless gamefreak comes up with a plan.

I kinda hate shiny Pokemon, I have a zubat and a shiny something else iirc (I think its oddish, haven't played my "storage" game in awhile). The Zubat has terrible IVs, and a quiet nature. What a great first real shiny (Gyarados not counting) that was ;_;

AND, as soon as I stepped out of Littleroot Town in Sapphire (awhile ago, yes), wouldn't you know it, the Poochyena was shiny :( It was torture beating it.

Besides, AR ruined Shinys, not this Glitch. Look on the bright side though, those "hackers" can save you the trouble of going to a nintendo event or buying an AR by trading Mew and friends. IF D/P can't detect hacked things, that is :(

Stepped into the BT atm and am starting to clone Rare Candys and Master Balls o.o Lets hope I don't screw up 14 hours worth of gameplay :(

Actually I read somewhere there is a way they can tell if they were hacked. Not sure if it's true but it's on the Gamefaqs Action Replay codes page for Ruby/Sapphire.

I hope not though, because the only real way to get some legendary pokemon is to do stupid nintendo events which all died out months ago.

As long as the moves and stats are legal it's impossible for the game to tell. Even if they add some secret value in the Pokemon's data to differentiate between hacked and not hacked, hackers will find some way to disable it(see: DMA codes).

Familiar Trainer said:
Eh? I'm pretty sure XD can detect hacked pokemon like Deoxys and friends.
I'm not totally sure about this, but I think that has to do with the location it was obtained and/or Secret ID. It can still be fooled. The obvious way would to just hack the location, OT ID, and Secret ID(I've only seen this for AR v.3, though :( ) to match your game. Problem solved.

Mpika said:
I'm not totally sure about this, but I think that has to do with the location it was obtained and/or Secret ID. It can still be fooled. The obvious way would to just hack the location, OT ID, and Secret ID(I've only seen this for AR v.3, though :( ) to match your game. Problem solved.
Another way around this is to simple use the "magic door codes" to go straight to where you fight deoxys (and others)

There people go spreading it again. You guys might think this is cool. but someone on serebiii pmed nintendo about this and there going to take action on it.If they cant stop it they said they would have no choice but to not have trading from emerald rs and frlg.Cuz it would ruin the wifi having a billion cloned shinies running aorund the place. And why is everone praising glen this has been discovered long time. you would have proly noticed if you werent on smogon every minute of the day

I REALLY doubt that Nintendo is going to eliminate something from the game that they already comfirmed awhile ago. A billion cloned shinys would not change my opinion on them, they are pointless and have no effect on battles. What WOULD effect battles is if everyone could have pokemon of the same level, which in this case is 100.

BTW how could they "stop it"? I'm pretty sure games can't detect clones, and if ANYTHING Nintendo should be worrying about ARs ruining Wi-Fi.

no it would ruin pokemon forever. so theyll have to do somethiong to stop it. And how would pokemon of the same level ruin online? getting a poke to level 100 is easier than sitting 0_0

no it would ruin pokemon forever. so theyll have to do somethiong to stop it. And how would pokemon of the same level ruin online? getting a poke to level 100 is easier than sitting 0_0
Not ruin, I meant more fair to those without 60 hours to spare on breeding alone o.o And if getting Pokemon to level 100 is easier then sitting, why might Nintendo REMOVE trading to RS/LG/FR/E --> D/P? I still haven't decided if I'm even going to use my 1200 Rare Candys and 500 Master Balls yet, though I probably will if D/P have something similar to the Battle Frontier.

The only way to stop it from ruining Pokemon it to disallow trading with items, which I'm secretly hoping for.

What do rare candies and master ball have to do with this???? is ev training a poke then getting it to 100 so hard is using ultra balls to catch a uber poke that u arent even going to use so hard?The point of pokemon games is to work.if you want a perfect ev poke u work for it not get a cloned one from someone. and multiple rare candies can be easily got legit. garb 6 level hundread zigzagoons and ull see how much rare candies u rake in in 10 min

If its so easy to get good IVed Pokemon with the correct Nature and then EVs training them to perfection then leveling then up to level 100, why is Nintendo considering ruining pokemon by disallowing trading? It not very likely 463 Pokemon are availible between D/P/Revolution, but if they are, I'm all for banning R/S/FR/LG/E trading. But most likely they aren't, and many Pokemon won't get to be used on Wi-Fi without the use of a cheating device, a much bigger problem. How is that fair?

storm said:
someone on serebiii pmed nintendo about this and there going to take action on it.If they cant stop it they said they would have no choice but to not have trading from emerald rs and frlg.
Yay. Lets have a DS GSC remake then. :]

Something tells me you won't be able to trade with D/P anyway, if they're screwing with Physical and special attacks (which means movesets will probably be different).

So don't get too excited. :/

yea, also they would never be able to detect a cloned poke because it is exactly the same as the original legit one, unless nintento hooks up a machine to see if there are 50 pokes with all of the same codes running around nobody will know and i doubt most people will really care either

Something tells me you won't be able to trade with D/P anyway, if they're screwing with Physical and special attacks (which means movesets will probably be different).

So don't get too excited. :/
Its been confirmed now for months = /

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
storm said:
What do rare candies and master ball have to do with this???? is ev training a poke then getting it to 100 so hard is using ultra balls to catch a uber poke that u arent even going to use so hard?The point of pokemon games is to work.if you want a perfect ev poke u work for it not get a cloned one from someone. and multiple rare candies can be easily got legit. garb 6 level hundread zigzagoons and ull see how much rare candies u rake in in 10 min
You're forgetting about events like JAA where "the point of pokemon" is to have an extremely well-built team capable of beating any opponent. Nobody really cares how many "legitimate" hours you spend slaving your pokemon to L100, hunting for Rare Candies, PP Ups and the extremely rare TM26 (Earthquake) or breeding if your team still isn't very good.

To competitive battlers, the object of the game is to have the strongest team comprise the strongest pokemon. To contest fanatics, there is a slightly different object to the game. Hell, to pokemon aficionados, the object is to "catch em all", and that requires having two games and two gameboys or a bunch of pokemon-playing friends, not to mention a lot of time and money to go to the aforementioned scarce Nintendo events where the rare legendaries can be downloaded. To others, the object is "to beat the game," whether that is besting the Elite 4 or getting all Gold Emblems in the Battle Frontier (or just Silver). I'm sure there are other, equally justifiable objects to any given player.

You can't just say that "the point of pokemon games is to work", because it's a video game for crying out loud, unless I missed some memo where games aren't supposed to be fun anymore. I'm actually one who leans more towards a more natural ingame experience without sharking, but your argument is so closemindedly naïve I have to call you out on it.

Lol nice avy. I never said the rare candies are for leveling up purposes :/ i was talking about what that guy said about have a 1000 rare candies. rare candies only use really are seeing ivs/ And why would unot have good pokes with proper ivs evs and movesets if ur gonna battle people on ur game?
Anyway idc im not cloning for any crap but a extra quake or 2. Id rather knwo i earned the stuff than get a cloned deoxys or somethin from a guy. But if you guys wanna clone thats your buis

EV training at max usually makes you gain only 10 levels, and without Rare Candys the rest of those levels will be spent in the Elite Four :( To have good Pokemon and movesets, you need tools, such as say, Master Balls if your not breeding and TMs. And I'd rather have a Deoxys then not, considering that Nintendo never comes to Canada = /

I'm also curious to know what Nintendo replied (if they even did) to that Serebii person. Exact quotes too. If they post a quote or whatever that didn't actually sounded official, then I call bs as Serebii users were like "omg you just ruined pokemon forever" and etc when it was posted on Serebii.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
IIRC they said something about not knowing it and not recommending it. I went to the Cloning thread in Serebii and found it a few days ago; just forgot where

Nintendo is probably worried about side affect glitches, like erasing your game and maybe messing with the Clock = / I transfered everything to my FR version from before I restarted Emerald so its just my lame cloning game atm = / I might restart later and use it for breeding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)