1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!

I Don't Use Pencils as Much as I Used To

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by TsukasaSIGN, Jan 11, 2011.

1. min min

min min

Show Hide

eeeee kittykittykittykitty luvdisc kitty
  2. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

Have a virtually finished WIP of my friend magnolia updated as Magz-mar. All that is missing is I just want to add a little yellow and orange pattern to the sweater since magmar has flame patterns on his body. This is possibly the most awkward thing ever painted: Magz-mar.
    [​IMG]

The thread title is getting very ironic since I keep updating with digital art.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    My friend actually made the pattern on the sweater because I got too lazy.
  3. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

I like it, but maybe the fire on the tail could use a bit of work, it looks a bit odd currently. I love it, though!
  4. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

We started doing a tempera batik in my art class and I drew Zach Condon. For those of you who don't know what a tempera batik is, I don't feel like explaining it, but they mostly look like complete shit when they are complete. My art teacher loves them for some reason.
    Anyways I wanted to preserve the penciling I did of Zach before I inked and painted over it.
    [​IMG]
    First 2012 art post yay.
  5. Bloobobo

Bloobobo

You should draw me... as a meerkcat. Like how your cat mountain the cats look like human almost? But... not quite.. xD anthro. Me as a meerkat anthro. wearing a rainbow checkered shirt... and blue jeans... but no shoes. just... meerkat 'feet' and whatnot... ... '-'
    uhh... since I'm not going to show a real picture... here's a portrait of me I had to do for class (first assignment always a portrait, isn't it = .=)
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    ?
    Not meaning to be like, posting my art on someone elses art thread lol.

I'M SO GLAD SOMEONE ELSE IS A TRADITIONAL ARTIST TOO.

We need to bring back traditionals. Don't get me wrong, I like digital art, but it'd be nice for traditional to get a little lovin'. :/

This is awesome though. And I hope you can finish my uhh.. weird request xD

Also... I DIED WHEN I SAW THE 3RD GEN NUZLOCKE.

I <3 3rd gen.... :]
  6. the dead mans oddysey

the dead mans oddysey

I'm a traditional artist :| :). :D

And I love the work. But the face scare me :/
  7. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

I will get around to that Bloobobo. I also just realized I got a request forever ago and never finished it. Whoops!
    Anyways, thanks you guys. Glad to see some traditional love circulating Smogon's quasi monopoly of digital art.
  8. Bloobobo

Bloobobo

Traditional art needs more appreciation..

Some people just... blah.
  9. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

Hi I inked Zach. I just wanted everyone too see it while it still looks good, before the tempera batik ruins it.
    [​IMG]
  10. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Sweet art dude! Luvdisc for you; keep up the good work!
  11. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

Incoming rough sketch and doodles for a surreal art project in school

[​IMG]
    That is the rough sketch for a color pencil surreal project that has to include a cow and or horse skull.

[​IMG][​IMG]

These two images are just doodles to practice colored pencils because I didn't feel like starting the actual project that day.
  12. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

Hi Smogon, how have you been? It's been a bit since we've sat down and gotten cozy. Anyways, what you see below is my first piece using PHOTOSHOP. Yes I finally have the latest Adobe Creative Suite!

This picture is a propaganda poster image on prohibition during WWI. My US History class is the only class I put forth artistic effort in my projects.

[​IMG]

I've also got some pictures from my drawing/painting class that I need to scan....maybe one day they will actually get scanned....one day....
  13. RitterCat

RitterCat

Tsukasa!
    Scan them >:(
    Also congrats on getting Photoshop, looks great for a first piece :)
  14. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

It's my thread, I can add huge pictures if I want to.
    [​IMG]

Body biography of Louis Armstrong done in Photoshop for US History done in the style of a 1920's concert poster.
  15. RitterCat

RitterCat

Nice Tsukasa, but I think the use of the blue outline makes it look odd when surrounding "darker" bits: e.g. the face, hair and bowtie. Maybe it'd look better with a blacker outline, or maybe a brownish outline, or maybe in black and white. Also I think the colouring would be cooler if it stretched outside the oval, instead of only being coloured within the lines. Your call thought, and the positioning and typography looks great :)
  16. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

So in art class today I started making some preliminary designs for a Beirut (my favorite band, if you didn't know that already) t-shirt. I'm going to be in a graphic production class next semester so I'll get the chance to actually make the t-shirt. They are all on one sheet, but I made them separate images.

Design 1 (open)
    [​IMG]

Design 2 (open)
    [​IMG]

Design 3 (open)
    [​IMG]
    Design 4 (open)
    [​IMG]

I like the hot air balloon concept the most, and the name coming out of the instrument after it. What is your favorite?
  17. RitterCat

RitterCat

My favourite is definitely the name coming out of the instrument, it's really nice and fluid :)
    Tsukasa <3
  18. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

Hi I just started this. I'll finish it later.
    Thom Yorke (open)
    [​IMG]
  19. Sæglópur

Sæglópur

Love the start of your Thom Yorke art~
    You also have a good taste in music. :)
  20. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

Oh my god I haven't updated this in forever. Here is a shirt I just finished making today in graphic design. I designed and printed the whole thing.
    [​IMG]
    Your official party t-shirt for 2013.

If I remember, I'll upload my whole portfolio I put together for college apps.
  21. Alice

Alice The worst taste in music

cool shirt

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)