In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm going to be using a team of 4 pokemon + 2 HM slaves. This is what I have so far:

Should my last pokemon be Darumakka? That's what I was thinking, since it covers the 2 Fire Weaknesses I have (Deerling and Joltik) and makes for a decent Fire-Water-Grass core consisting of Deerling, Oshawott, and itself.

Use whatever you feel like using. That will make the game more fun. Then again, objetively, I think most bugs (excluding the centipede) suck horribly, as well as pidove and the monkeys.
If you feel like getting a pokemon to obliterate the second half of the game, catch Cobalon. There's only a handful of pokes that can actually touch it.

@Princess
In BW I don't understad why would you use an HM slave, let alone 2. You only /NEED/ cut once in the game. Strength is only used in the victory road, and all the surf routes are 100% optional. The only HM you 'need' is fly.

Surf can be taught to Oshawott. Lillipup can use Strength and is great earlygame. And TBH you only need these, Cut can be taught to your monkey, after which you bench it. It sucks, period. Fly is even simpler: Catch a Pidove, bench it in PC, done. Waterfall and Dive are obtained post-E4.

The only troublesome HM is Strength, but you can use Lillipup, which is the best pokemon for earlygame, period.

In terms of Fly slaves, I think Ducklett and Rufflet are probably best. Mostly because Ducklett can learn Fly, Surf, and Dive while Rufflet can learn Fly, Strength, and Cut. Pick your poison, ya know.

breh

強いだね
In terms of Fly slaves, I think Ducklett and Rufflet are probably best. Mostly because Ducklett can learn Fly, Surf, and Dive while Rufflet can learn Fly, Strength, and Cut. Pick your poison, ya know.
Rufflet is... not a very good HM slave. It comes waaaay too late in the game to be useful.

Pidove with mono-fly is good enough; what I used iirc

Why even bother with HM slaves? Pidove gets Fly, Lillipup gets Strength, you get these two extremely early, Surf can be taught to Oshawott/Panpour. If you happen to get Tepig as starter, you can simply catch Mincinno and then trade it for the Basculin in Hodomoe, teach it Surf, done.

Cut is lame. By the time you get Cut you should have the elemental monkey.

Theres no need to have 2 hm slaves, as we said before just whip cut onto your elemental monkey.
6 slots of good ingame pokes can be made easily.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Cut: teach to the monkey for the one time you need it, ignore after.
Fly: use something that can fly, just because it's so convenient.
Surf: you miss out on a lot without it, but you should have a water-type on your team anyway.
Strength: not really important except for Victory Road; put it on a physical attacker if you really feel the need.
Waterfall and Dive come after the E4, so they aren't a big deal.

Use whatever you feel like using. That will make the game more fun. Then again, objetively, I think most bugs (excluding the centipede) suck horribly, as well as pidove and the monkeys.
If you feel like getting a pokemon to obliterate the second half of the game, catch Cobalon. There's only a handful of pokes that can actually touch it.
And Patrat. You forgot Patrat. Nah, I'd prefer a bit of a challenge, Cobalion can suck it. I'll probably go with Deerling, for Bambi-related lulz.

Slightly off topic, but, honestly, this thread seems to be looping around the discussion of HM Slaves a lot...

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Guys, we're civilized! Enough talk about slavery! :P

I'm curious to know how well Frillish would function if I traded in an egg at th beginning. Do note that I can give it egg moves, so I'd like some opinions on that.

I don't exactly know how good is having 2 20 BP moves earlygame coupled with a set-dmg move...

but it gets RE MOTHERFUCKING COVER AT LEVEL 17

also at the people bashing cobalon, if your party isn't strong enough, that's why he's there, to make life easier for you by letting you exp.share your party up. he's strong enough to shit all over sekka's gym, I had a QUIET Cobalon with not a single attacking IV over 10.(the 2 highest IVs were 22 SpD and 19 Def)

Guys, we're civilized! Enough talk about slavery! :P

I'm curious to know how well Frillish would function if I traded in an egg at th beginning. Do note that I can give it egg moves, so I'd like some opinions on that.
For my next run through I plan to be hatching a Frillish too. Dem moves.

Some of the egg moves you can get are lulz. Kojofu with Me First will be fun especially with Regeneration keeping it always alive, and Competitive Spirit Komatana is going to rape considering everything and its mother tries to lower your stats.

I'm thinking of using the Alien looking dude (Oobemu or something). I love it's looks and it seems pretty powerful enough for in-game.
How late does it appear?

Thinking of starting with Oshawott.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm thinking of using the Alien looking dude (Oobemu or something). I love it's looks and it seems pretty powerful enough for in-game.
How late does it appear?
It's pre-evolution appears in the Celestial Tower, which isn't until after you reach the 6th Gym city. So somewhat late in the game.

Yeah, I've tested Oobemu. It's pre-evolution is rather weak, and needs babying, but after evolution, it gets better.

However, almost right out of the box, with some TM's, you can give it a boosting special attacker set, due to Charge Beam and Shadow Ball. I was lucky enough to have HP Fire on my Oobemu too.

Late game, he gets Calm Mind and Recover. I actually walled Catlin, set against her, and then swept her with Oobemu. Oh the irony of the psychic user being swept by a psychic she dosen't use.

Post-game, you can get TM Trick Room. Oobemu is SLOW, and there's more than enough slow and mighty Unovian pokemon, like the Ghost/Ground thing, to make this more than viable. In fact, Oobemu is bulky enough to set up TR, and hits hard enough to just decimate everything in it's way afterwards in-game.

Basically; it comes late in the main storyline, and probobly won't become useful until Gym 7. However, past there, it's worthwhile, and probobly your best bet for a Psychic if you're playing the version where you can't get a Renkulus.

Anyway, I'll be getting an English B/W soon, [I'm a Brit, so I get it a couple of days before the US].

I'm certainly using Tepig, Klink, and Swanna, who practically take a sledgehammer to the game together. As for the other three, I'll probobly use some stuff I haven't yet. I'm actually yet to use ANYTHING from Route 4/Resort Desert, beyond the 5th Gym. I'll probobly use something purely for the LOLS as well [I used CHERUNIE in Platinum, for crying out loud... and it was actually awesome too], and might even trade over an egg from my Japansese Cart.

After that? I'll be using my English cart as my competitive base.

Basically; it comes late in the main storyline, and probobly won't become useful until Gym 7. However, past there, it's worthwhile, and probobly your best bet for a Psychic if you're playing the version where you can't get a Renkulus.
I would have thought in the case you can't get a Ranculus, you're better off with Symboler/Sygiliph. Magic Guard, Bulk, plenty of great moves.

Thinking of making a team something like this:

Emboar
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Sawsbuck
Galvantula
Bouffalant

I see trouble against Water-types... Oh well.

Thinking of making a team something like this:

Emboar
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Sawsbuck
Galvantula
Bouffalant

I see trouble against Water-types... Oh well.
To be honest, I would replace Darmanitan with a water-type to form a nice FWG core. Seismitoad, Swanna and Carracosta are probably your best bets there.

Also, you have Sawsbuck and Glvantula to deal with water types and if you replace Darmanitan, you'll have even less trouble.

Also, Bouffalant comes late, so you might want to change him (your choice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)