In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So every time you'd face N, you should have the same team as he does? I might try that after my regular playthrough. Now I first have to finish my Rocket-only run in HGSS :)
Yeah, but you can evolve your guys since N never does so. Although powerleveling your team seems a bit odd sine you'll pretty much dump them soon.
Your starter is the only pokemon that can always be in your party.

That means you're best hope of beating the league lies with mienshao, Haxorus, Zekrom/Reshiram, Terakion, Durant (lol) and maybe a rare excadrill (If you can only do Victory road pokemon there). Good luck. Looks challenging on paper (even if it is fun)

you are beating the league/psychic,fighting,ghost with the fossilbird, just some fews even survive more than 1 hit and zuruzukin rapes the darks

That means you're best hope of beating the league lies with mienshao, Haxorus, Zekrom/Reshiram, Terakion, Durant (lol) and maybe a rare excadrill (If you can only do Victory road pokemon there). Good luck. Looks challenging on paper (even if it is fun)
You also have Gigalith, Braviary/Mandibuzz, Hydreigon (lol, have fun grinding for eternity), Swoobat, and Heatmor (*snicker*) as options. Heck, Terrakion is a possibility if you went after Cobalion beforehand.
N Run does sound pretty interesting.

I'm excited seeing some people ended up liking my N-Run idea, despite it being some sort of joke in the first place. If I weren't doing a Snivy solo, I'd totally try this out.

I don't actually have the game but I sort of looked around and I'm probably gonna use these guys: Shinbora, Dageki, Hihidaruma, Excadrill, Jalorda, and Hiyakkie.

I'll first finish my 2nd playthrough of Black, then I'll do the N challenge, and lastly i'll do a solo challenge with Monmen.(27/37 attack stats FTW)

I don't actually have the game but I sort of looked around and I'm probably gonna use these guys: Shinbora, Dageki, Hihidaruma, Excadrill, Jalorda, and Hiyakkie.
I'd not use Hiyakkie for the whole run. You can use him in the beginning, where he is totally fine, but he'll fall behind pretty easily. I've used Carracosta before, and he's pretty good.

I've decided that in my upcoming English B/W run, I'll probobly dump my starter in the box. IMO, the BW starters are derp starters anyway, with the exception of Emboar, who I used in my Japansese Kart, so don't want to use again right afterwards.

I'm using this team to make in-game as interesting as possible, and avoiding using stuff I've... used.

May seem like a derpbird on paper, but I'm giving it a shot. Early/Mid game, I'll be Crit Abuseing with Super Luck, Scope Lens, and Air Cutter. Once I get Acrobat... well, Base 110 Power attack, off a Base 105 Attack Stat, with Super Luck. No Staraptor, but acceptable. Base 93 speed is rather fast in Unova too, considering most of the mons above Base 100 are legends.
Proboble Moveset:
Acrobat/Roost/Return/Fly

I'm gonna use this... because no-one else probobly WILL. It'll be my 5th gen equivilent to me using Vespiquen and Cherrim in Platinum.

Proboble Moveset:
Petal Dance/Synthsis/Acupressure [Possibly Cotton Guard post-game]/Sucker Punch

Well, everyone else will be using Oshawott, Swanna, or Frillish. I MIGHT get the in-game trade one for Rock Head.

Also, Adaptabilty Aqua Jet, and later, Aqua Tail and Surf? Let's not forget the Base 98 speed, so it actually ties with the Hydra.

Honestly, I think this thing WON'T be as bad as everyone else thinks it might be.

Proboble Moveset:
Surf/Waterfall [Aqua Tail]/Crunch/Double-Edge

Again, giving love to what no-one else will

Proboble Moveset:
If I go for Stench:
DoubleSlap/Toxic/Venom Shock/Stockpile

If I go for Breakable Armor:
Body Slam/Gunk Shot/Stockpile/Undecided

I have 'used it', but not for the whole game, I boxed it in favor of the alien-psychic, like I always intended.

Moveset:
Shell Break/X-Scissor/Rock Slide/Slash

I'm gonna be honest, I'm gonna be tradeing this guy in as an egg around the 2nd Gym. But with his Base 48 Sp.Def, and 58 HP... yeah, not gonna be a game breaker. He'll help with Aloe and Arti. Also, bad initial movepool

Also, Base 108 Speed and STAB Bug moves say hi to the Hydra.

Moveset:
Agility/Iron Head/X-Scissor/Shadow Claw, probobly

Yeah, my in-game team will be killed by Fire. WHO CARES. Also, DERPRUN GO!

Oh, and:

Another big difference between Beheeyem and Sigilyph is that Beheeyem is slow as dirt.
Fixed by Trick Room TM post-game, which is where Beheeyem shines in comparison to Sigilyph. And the low speed never hindered me in any way, especially after I got Recover and Calm Mind.

So many runs to do once B&W comes out :( First a normal run-through, the maybe a Scramble or Nuzlocke, later maybe an N-Run, some solo runs maybe...

I'd not use Hiyakkie for the whole run. You can use him in the beginning, where he is totally fine, but he'll fall behind pretty easily. I've used Carracosta before, and he's pretty good.
Oh. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably use Carracosta then. It looks pretty cool too.

In case anyone's interested, I'm posting the 'boss' battles of my Snivy solo run in youtube, the newest link will always be found on my sig.
Solo runs are beautiful, but you're forced to use some specific moves and items at tiems.

Bachuru and, indirectly, Galvantula definitely need to be higher up, maybe top tier. Having Played through White with bachuru, it is really useful. Hits fairly hard as a bachuru, and when it evolves, it gains some ok bulk with really good offenses. It's stabs were literally all I needed, especially with Compoundeyes Thunder doing so much to a lot of things.

Definitely top tier.

Bachuru and, indirectly, Galvantula definitely need to be higher up, maybe top tier. Having Played through White with bachuru, it is really useful. Hits fairly hard as a bachuru, and when it evolves, it gains some ok bulk with really good offenses. It's stabs were literally all I needed, especially with Compoundeyes Thunder doing so much to a lot of things.

Definitely top tier.
It also comes after the 5th Gym. That stops it from ever being Top Teir. Everything at Top Teir, and High, for that matter, can be obtained before Gym 3.

The in-game teir lists aren't just based on power, but when you can access that power. Something which destroys from Gym 3 onwards, like Siliglyph, is going to be a higher teir than something which owns... but only from Gym 5 onwards.

Now, there may be a case of moving whichever legendary fighter lives in Victory Road down a peg or two, due to this, but I doubt that the Spider [Or, for that matter, Swanna] will be moving.

Im still of the opinion that Gear should be Mid-Teir at least. It's comparable to the spider in usefulness, if not BEYOND it, because it has the advantage in 6 of the 7 remaining type-themed bosses, only suffering against Renbu. It's certainly multiple times more useful than it's low teir counterparts.

Im still of the opinion that Gear should be Mid-Teir at least. It's comparable to the spider in usefulness, if not BEYOND it, because it has the advantage in 6 of the 7 remaining type-themed bosses, only suffering against Renbu. It's certainly multiple times more useful than it's low teir counterparts.
It also happens to rape N, only struggling against Zoroark, and does pretty well against Ghetsis. It dies to his Hydreigon though (not a lot of things don't).

It also happens to rape N, only struggling against Zoroark, and does pretty well against Ghetsis. It dies to his Hydreigon though (not a lot of things don't).
Actually, it beats Zoroark if it's set up a Body Purge, or at least, can deal a very heavy blow with Gear Grind.

Same with Hydreigon, it can deal a massive blow with Gear Grind. That said, Sazandora/Hydreigon beats most non-legend 5th gen mons, if they're not already set up.

It dies to Afrobull too, as it carries Earthquake, and has significant bulk.

Also, if you kept Klink as Klink until Lv 48 [Unlikly, but possible, or as his mid-stage until Lv 52, you can use Gear Shift instead of Body Purge, and that ensures that you beat Zoroark, unless you miss, and probobly does a number on Hyderigon.

This just goes further into the 'Klink needs to be bumped up' argument. No way he's in the same teir as Ferroseed.

Why wouldn't Galvantula be of a higher tier? Firstly, Joltik rapes Skyla. And unlike Sigilyph, he is extremely common in the cave.

That said, Sigilyph should move down a bit. Not really so efficient if you are taking a detour to Resort Desert just to get one.

You have to go through Resort Desert anyway; you make a five-minute detour to the subarea where the Ancient Castle is and come out with Sigilyph, which is completely usable "out of the box", so to speak, with great stats and movepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)