Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, sure it's my first time on this forum, and I'm here just to get the error message I got resolved, but does anybody actually read the thread to see if their problem has been addressed before posting? I'm seeing so many repeats with questions.
Yep. I've read everything. My problem has yet to be answered.

Just made an account, as i want to help people out and perhaps get a couple off nice shinies while im at it. I have a desktop, which uses wifi, so i was wondering how exactly i was going to do this. I got around the problem by using my iphone 5's internet. ( using a personal hotspot through usb ). Worked really well. Took a little stuffing around to get it started but in the end it was all good. My trainer shiny value is 2204. :D

A little suggestion:
The program should be able to proceed even if it cannot create a wifi hotspot itself (since it can choose which connection to receive package from, I assume). Say, if I can somehow create a virtual network on my computer and my 3DS can link onto it, but instacheck is not able to create one for some mysterious reason, then I still cannot use it to check trading details.
I think it might be possible technically... not very sure though

EDIT: Found the problem. After enabling windows firewall and allowing all connections, the hotspot can be created. Hope to be useful for others

Last edited:
I'm getting an error which shows as simply:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041002

I have no idea how to get around this, any thoughts?

I have found the solution to "Virtualrouterplus has stopped working." You need to turn on your WLAN service. To do this, simply:

Windows 7
Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc
Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open
Under Startup Type, select Automatic
Under Service Status, Click the Start button

That should be it! Now just start Instacheck

Well I enabled something that was disabled hidden in the files.. that made it work..but I still have that blank drop down box above the start scanning button.

Wait, so it can only check Pokémon via trades and Wonder Trades? So I can't mass-check a whole box of eggs at once?

I have found the solution to "Virtualrouterplus has stopped working." You need to turn on your WLAN service. To do this, simply:

Windows 7
Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc
Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open
Under Startup Type, select Automatic
Under Service Status, Click the Start button

That should be it! Now just start Instacheck
Thank you so much! this works!

quick question, do I have to have a wireless card to do this? I only have an ethernet connection on this pc

Last edited:
anyway to run it on Desktop Computers
for Examples
use some proxy program set the desktop computer ip as server
then change 3DS Network Settings set desktop computer ip as proxy
we can see when we change pokemon with someone
we can see http://api.ekj.ctr.app.nintendo.net:443 in the proxy program
so anyway to Capture Data

I keep getting this error, what can I do to fix this? I've seen nummerous reply's to this thread that others have this problem too, but noone seems to know or give a damn haha!

Attachments

I'm getting an error which shows as simply:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041002

I have no idea how to get around this, any thoughts?

Let me or dragonite know if you find a solution! we are still looking to no avail - post your exception log to see if its identical to mine

Let me or dragonite know if you find a solution! we are still looking to no avail - post your exception log to see if its identical to mine
I'm having the same exact problem as you, down to the number!
I've been trying to find out what's causing the issue for the past few hours.
Turns out the same thing happens when I run Virtual Router Plus, at the start, .NET tells me that it can't find the file specified. I've tried reinstalling .NET Framework 3.5 to see if that would help fix it to no avail.

To almost fully replicate the comfort of RNG abuse shortly after only a month in this brave new world. I am truly impressed.

Probably needless to mention, i have to line in with those requesting help from others. As my specific issue doesn't seem to be mentioned around other common gathering spots for this topic, i am trying to put my question here. Desired result is me successfully connecting to the virtual hotspot from the game and monitor data from the Pokémon/Eggs i offer for trade, for those that may attempt to deconstruct my request.

I already managed to successfully install Instacheck, have connected my notebook PC through an ethernet cable while writing, the regular Wi-Fi connection disabled and enabled internet connection from external devices for the LAN connection as well as the virtual hotspot. The virtual hotspot is accessed by the 3DS, but the attempt to connect to the internet fails every time.

Oddly enough, i was able to connect to the internet within the connection test earlier today. However, access to the Internet within the game itself was not possible. The Wi-Fi connection to the router was also active at that time and the default search engine accused me of sending undesired queries.

Many thanks in advance,
Impergator

I'm having the same exact problem as you, down to the number!
I've been trying to find out what's causing the issue for the past few hours.
Turns out the same thing happens when I run Virtual Router Plus, at the start, .NET tells me that it can't find the file specified. I've tried reinstalling .NET Framework 3.5 to see if that would help fix it to no avail.
Yea I ve done all sorts of things trying to fix the .net (completely removing, reinstalling, upgrading to 4.5.1) and nothing has worked. Tried expanding the visual C++ stuff too, no dice.

Im guessing at this point theres just some tiny setting flipped one way and well have to wait until someone more knowledgeable comes along

I can't make this Virtual Router to work, but creating a connection through Connectify works like a charm for me. Is there any way to open Instacheck without having to set up a connection? So I can use my Connectify connection instead of the Virtual Router one.

I can't make this Virtual Router to work, but creating a connection through Connectify works like a charm for me. Is there any way to open Instacheck without having to set up a connection? So I can use my Connectify connection instead of the Virtual Router one.
Me too. Virtual Router hates me. My 3DS fails the test everytime.

Me too. Virtual Router hates me. My 3DS fails the test everytime.
Here's what I'm doing: Opening a Virtual Router connection -> Opening InstaCheck -> Stopping Virtual Router (not closing it! Just stop the connection) -> Start Connectify connection -> Select the same connection virtual router had created -> Profit.

And also: Don't test your connection when configuring, it's bugged as fuck. If it doesn't connect, get in game and try to connect. If it doesn't, restart the connection (In my case, I stop and start the connectify connection). Tested this 5 times and worked every single time, once I got the connection up and running, I had no disconnect problems (trading my 2nd box to wondertrade atm)
------------------

Okay, although I managed to make my Connectify connection to work with the 3ds, the Instacheck program is only recognizing the output pokémon. I can't see my own IVs, tried wondertrading and regular trading and no luck :[

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)