Issue #12 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Issue #12 of The Smog! This is the last release topic you'll see from me, but we'll be appointing some lovely new Smog Staff, as well as rewarding some well-earned Artists and Smog Contributors, so congratulations to them. ^_^ Especial thanks go to to Rising_Dusk and Deck Knight for their invaluable work on release. Enjoy!

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it's time I write something for in-game. Granted there was only a few things mentioned in that article, but I'd like to throw my input on it otherwise.

Good Smog nevertheless. And don't leave me jumpluff!

Mekkah you buffoon you used Double Colorless Energy symbol for all the Colorless Energy so Scyther has 6 energy cost for slash (this applies for the whole article)

EDIT: Ok fixed

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Excellent issue from the lovely people of smogon.

I'm sad to see you go Jumpluff, but you were awesome the whoel way through.
I personally enjoyed the UU analysis.

Edit: LOL the smogon tabloids killed me... how did I miss these?!?

Great issue guys! Sorry I couldn't help out this time around.

jumpluff, you will truly be missed. We all hope you'll come back some day. Thanks for your incredible work on The Smog and everything else you've done for Smogon :)

I'm sorry to see you leave Jumpluff! You've always been like the mother bear of Smogon (I hope its alright comparing you to that) since you've been so nice and caring to everyone. You're contributions and hard work will be greatly missed.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a note on the Predictions article I am aware of the issues in a few of the paragraphs. It will be fixed as soon as a cache of the changes go up, and older version was put in.

Also pluffers I am sad you are going, I just can't quit you!

The links in "Note From the Editor" do not work because the /forums/ part of the links were omitted, causing a Page not Found. Thought it was a bit funny, though it isn't that big of a deal.

And strangely enough, the image of Roserade in http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue12/ou_threats is wrong.

Just a small question -- I've always posted errors and such in the new Smog threads when they come out, but some people post it in the Small Objective Changes thread. Which is right?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this one - it looks great. Shame to see some of the staff go, though. They've done a good job, and thnks to them.

Phew, oh man. I'm glad this is done! It was great fun to work on, though, and I absolutely adore all of the artists who pulled through for us. Thanks, guys!

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Great issue. This is filled to the brim with content and some new really good articles (Jabba's Smogon Tabloids, Chou's Japanese Lesson). The art isn't any less awesome, especially the cover art by Cartoons. That is wicked.

When I was asked about what art is I had no idea it would go in anything. I probably would have given a more detailed answer if I knew it would be in The Smog.

Farewell, jumpluff. Even though you won't be contributing here, I hope you will still chat with us in KovinCorp. Good luck with everything you set out to accomplish.

Nice issue guys, thank you to everyone who contributed, their work is much appreciated!

Jumpluff, you will be greatly missed. I hope all the best for you in the future and hope that you will come back sometime.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My thanks to all the artists who sent in submissions! Unfortunately due to space and content considerations not all of them were able to be included is this issue of The Smog, but do keep an eye out for future issues! I'm so glad that everyone was able to pull through for us in the end.

The content is top-notch as always, this oughta keep me busy reading for a while :)

And jumpluff, good luck for any future endeavours, I hope you won't be a stranger on IRC.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've already read it all :P

Sorry but I haven't been able to keep my eyes outta the articles all the time we were working on them. lol

Big thanks and pat on the back to all our editers, writers and artists who came together to make it possible. this issue has an absurd volume of content, and I know our grammar and html guys worked non-stop for ages! Jumpluff already knows about how much we (and I) will miss her.

A nice issue, although I missed Reverb's and Phil's reoccuring articles. However, I loved Jabba's article and the artwork was top notch.

Sad to see you go pluff, you were the driving force behind The Smog.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So sad to see you leaving, Jumpluff. I'm sure I speak for 99% of the community when I say that.

edit:

PKGaming said:
I personally enjoyed the UU analysis.
Thanks! It was quite a fun article to write, too.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am ecstatic there was a segment on the Basic/Jungle/Fossil TCG Metagame in this Smog. It brings back so many memories. The newer ones are atrocious, back then the game was fun.

So sorry to hear you're leaving jumpluff, please stay ='(

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When I was asked about what art is I had no idea it would go in anything. I probably would have given a more detailed answer if I knew it would be in The Smog.
You did give permission for it to be used! ^_^

Feel free to submit a more detailed answer for the article in the next issue!

E: The next issue's article is user-submitted, as I said at the bottom of the article of this issue. I'm just giving KG the chance to be more detailed ;)

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Very good issue, gets a LUVDISC from me.

Not really posting this because my team is there :P. I actually enjoyed this one, best one so far imo.

And yeah, going to miss all the stuff jumpluff does, like the others. I hope you will be back sometime, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)