Issue #17 Feedback Poll!

Which articles did you enjoy the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi everyone! We at The Smog are always looking for some feedback, so we've decided to start holding polling threads. Post some feedback here and we'll take it into consideration for future issues.

Some questions to keep in mind:
  • What are your favorite articles? Why?
  • What can we do to improve for future issues?
  • What kind of articles would you like to see that we don't currently cover?

If you have any more questions or things you'd like to address, please feel free, but remember to justify your opinions! In addition, please try to keep everything civil. Keep all criticism constructive and not disparaging! Thanks.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey,

My favourite articles are ones that involve a few surprises that one generally wouldn't come across from a cursory glance at the forums, e.g., last issue had underrated movesets for ubers, something I really enjoyed.

I think for featured pokemon articles a few example sets could be included in full detail, I think it just rounds out the analysis and one could add a few lesser known sets into the mix (such as the author's personal favourite).

As I mentioned earlier, I think underrated movesets could make a comeback with other tiers, and it would definitely something I could see myself enjoying a lot.

That said, it was a good issue and I definitely had a lot of fun reading it. Keep it up!

What are your favorite articles? Why? Interview with Ibo because it was fun to ready and the interviews are always entertaining. Featured OU rmt because it is an amazing team showing that stall can be successful in BW OU. And featured Pokemon because Dragonite is an absolute beast and it showed how to build a team around him which was helpful.
What can we do to improve for future issues? Uh, not really sure, possibly having a features UU rmt?
What kind of articles would you like to see that we don't currently cover? Features UU RMT, BW Playstyles Guide

I absolutely loved the Mewtwo article. Described everything that made it so awesome from Generation 1 onwards, some of it could've been edited out (the testicle shriveling part primarily) but other than that it was very good.

I noticed that this Smog didn't have that many articles compared to previous issues. I don't particularly know why but it seems to just be every few issues where there's a smaller amount of articles than the 'norm.'

I have a few ideas that weren't featured in this article, namely one about Pokemon Showdown. There could also be an article about the top threats in each tier (like dnite, latios, haxorus, etc.) and an overview of one of the sets that make them so dangerous (this doesn't just have to be about OU, too). There could also be more metagame articles and even some leisure articles about IRC and other social outlets (and yes I did read "how to fit in").

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I liked the article on Rotation Battles. It's not a metagame played often, especially since it doesn't have PO support. I've never played it myself, so it was nice to see how the metagame's developed.

Though I was pretty disappointed to see there was no coverage of BotW Week 10 after you guys covered Weeks 1-9 in the two previous issues.

I enjoyed the Entry Hazards article, and that Skarmory pic was so badass (thanks fate!). I also enjoyed reading the Core Crisis articles, because I learnt about the popular cores in tiers that I don't normally play in. This was probably my favorite smog ever, except for maybe issue 13. I loved the Black & White Metagame Analysis from both issue 16 and issue 13, and I'm looking forward to when there's one of those types of articles in the future. Thanks guys

From the other thread:

Thanks for the Analysis "Guide." Hopefully, it should inspire more originality in each of the write-ups and eliminates the overused phrases and structures within them.
Guides like this are good ways to improve the quality of contributions around the site. There should be more of these.

I also liked the Entry Hazards Article, the G/P Guide (another good guide based on the workings of C&C), the Mewtwo feature, and Dragonite feature.

There was also less within the Entertainment section (only one article this time), which was the only disappointment.

Aeroblacktyls article was win.

Other than that, a fairly standard issue. I feel like you're running out of creative ideas. The rotation battle article was cool.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am now claiming the title of The Smog's least-popular author.

i thought the issue was fine. Perhaps not the best one, but generally all smogs are a great read. Perhaps there were a couple bits that were a little inappropriate? Like that "testicle shriveling" part and a couple of "fucks" kinda makes it seem less mature. Light swearing on the forums is fine and a good laugh but for some rwason it feels kinda iffy on the smog.

Next issue can we have underrated movesets/pokemon and phil's protips again? Those were my favourite articles.

And Alchemator, you're doing fine, man :)

i thought the issue was fine. Perhaps not the best one, but generally all smogs are a great read. Perhaps there were a couple bits that were a little inappropriate? Like that "testicle shriveling" part and a couple of "fucks" kinda makes it seem less mature. Light swearing on the forums is fine and a good laugh but for some rwason it feels kinda iffy on the smog.

Next issue can we have underrated movesets/pokemon and phil's protips again? Those were my favourite articles.

And Alchemator, you're doing fine, man :)
Glad you liked Phil's Protips. I'm probably never going to have time to really sit down and write more of those though, sorry. I had planned on just one more article since the beginning anyways, so you're not missing out on too much. Even though I really liked what I had planned for my final issue... the tips will be lost in Smogon history forever!

Enjoyed the Mewtwo article--accepting him as your personal lord and savior, HAH!--and I like the Art Panels in general. Personal favorite line: Virizion better not drop the soap around Terrakion. However, reading the How To Fit In article felt like a kick in the nuts. No more satire, please, especially because I felt a certain resonance with the hypothetical newbie in that article. (The link at the end of the article leads to the LC discussion board, what?)

• Dragonite, i've read only the section about how to counter him, but it was great
  • Mewtwo, i've always liked it, and with the fuck-blissey tool (also known as Psystrike) i was waiting for this article to know other possible sets
  • Hazardous Strategy, a great guide that explains exactly how the hazards work and why should be used
  • Recently in C&C, as i've seen great things such as Honkalculator, Showdown etc.
^ My votes

There were other cool things too, such as the article about the cores, which however explained only too-well-known cores such as Kyogre + Ferrothorn or Rotom-W + Scizor. If i can "ask" for an article, i'd like to read something about a team (doesn't have to be picked up #1 in the ladder, or in tournaments or wherever) different. Something new, new cores, new strategies, something different from all the things we currently seen.

Always enjoyed reading The Smog, good job at everyone :)

Sayonara

don't forget
The Mewtwo article was quite interesting, as well as the other articles present in this 17th issue of the Smog. Great effort put into it. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)