1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #20 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Setsuna, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setsuna

Setsuna Prototype
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

A little over two months have passed since the last issue was released. Today we're bringing to you a new one, and it is our most successful release to date. Featuring a grand total of 41 articles and over 60 art pieces made specifically for the Smog, issue #20 is one that I am sure you will enjoy reading. Of course, all of our recurring articles such as Judge A Pokemon, Featured Type, Featured RMTs, and the Interviews are back with new stories and information to share with you, but we also have new articles. The Pokemon Biology, the top 20 Memorable Articles in the Smog, Introduction to Triple Battles, How to Control Luck, and Underrated Movesets are some off the top of my head, and of course we also have the results of the Smog Awards ready for you to check them out! Really, among 41 articles, what can't you find? I'm sure it's not a lot!

Now, this is a very special release for us, for several reasons. Not only have we reached two new milestones—once again—with the number of articles and the artwork that we're featuring this issue, but we have also become a magazine that's been live on the Internet for three years. This is all an absolutely amazing achievement, and I want to shout a big "Thank you!" to all of you out there who have contributed to the Smog and to our readers too — without you the Smog would not be such a success. Keep up the good work!

I am thrilled with our team's work. And we are going to continue making the best online Pokemon magazine in the world. Cheers!
  2. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Great Smog as per usual :)
  3. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Fantastic work everyone, I was pleasured to take part in this issue as well!
  4. jumpluff

jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thanks to everyone who voted for me in the Smog Awards, as well as to all the readers and contributors who have supported The Smog throughout its twenty issues. I've been involved with probably a majority of them, and every issue I am impressed by how much it's grown from Issue 1. And, like last time, special thanks to the last-minute artists (particularly Fatecrashers and Birkal) and GPers who made release possible. ^_^
  5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk
    is a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Yes, my constant nagging about interviewing Haunter finally worked!

Great issue as always, thanks to all contributors! I'll update Article Index asap.
  6. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

I loved the format used for our interview. Congrats to Setsuna and to all those who contributed to this issue.
  7. ShinyAzelf

ShinyAzelf
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

hahahaha I liked that
  8. McMeghan

McMeghan Dreamcatcher
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Champion

Mock Smog Awards was quality +++.

Excellent work again, it was a pleasure to read those articles.
  9. V0x

V0x 4: I used to run at the sight of sun
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Mun muns. Great work everyone!
  10. coolking49

coolking49

yay, my question got accepted :)
    This issue was really nice. I love the most dangerous pokemon article... though If you send a pokeball at Aggron, dont you have 10 seconds while it shakes a couple times? Or are you required to stand and watch it shake, and say, "aw so close afterwards"? Either way, good job.
  11. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

fantastic work!
  12. Acklow

Acklow

So excited that it finally has been released. Good work everyone and thanks to the Smog team for helping me with my artice!! :D

(a special shoutout to jumpluff who helped me get started)
  13. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

/me likey! Good job! and 20 issues~ amazing stuff
  14. Acklow

Acklow

This just in:

[12:31pm] Daenym: I stopped reading your article in the first sentence
    [12:31pm] Daenym: since it's clearly outdated
    [12:31pm] Daenym: mentions DST

SUE ME.
  15. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Great issue, best one was the most dangerous Pokemon and the interview with Haunter, good job on 20 issues you guys!
  16. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Great work you guys, did a large skim over everything, and this is gonna be a good one to read over the toilet / classroom / whenever I have the chance to read every single section of it.

I'm kinda interested in contributing to it sometime in the future too :>
  17. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Thanks for everyone who voted for me for the Smog Awards.

Great issues guys, congrats to all of the smog award winners, and good work with this issue. It was a pleasure to read.

Bloo completely murked everyone lmao, da boss.
  18. Manxer

Manxer

I had a good time reading this, great work everyone :3
  19. Taking A Shit

Taking A Shit

There's just nothing better than a good smog to relax with before dozing of to sleep :)
    and the name is somehow ridiculously funny to me, anyways good job beautiful people!
  20. Oglemi

Oglemi I ask consent before I thrash anuses.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

I'd like to make a special shoutout to Yilx for doing the art for my article, it looks completely badass onsite, and I honestly couldn't be happier how it turned out. Thank you so much Yilx for putting so much time into it, you're a complete boss.

And thank you to anyone who voted for me for the Smog awards, despite that I didn't win anything, I got to see the votes when we were compiling them, and the fact that I at least got some votes was heartwarming lol.

Congrats on 20 issues The Smog, and thank you to the workhorses (you guys know who you are) who really made this issue possible!
  21. kokoloko

kokoloko genius cannot be contained
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

smog staff da bez
  22. TheMantyke

TheMantyke slow
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Thanks to everyone who played a roll getting this issue off the ground. I particularly enjoyed the locopoke alt roll call and the Theorymon bit in the fake awards.
  23. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

another great article :)
  24. Delko

Delko "ghost mod"
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Great edition guys, good job !
    And thanks to everyone who voted for me for the Smog Awards ;)
  25. dragonuser

dragonuser Today, tomorrow, and always with a frozen heart
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Pyramid Kingis a Past WCoP Winner

great job guys :]]]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)