1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  3. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  4. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

It's like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by wekhter, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

At least it isn't Plicowatt [CAP ASB Krillowatt prevo], who was intentionally made 1 inch smaller than Joltik.

Either way, pretty awesome little comic there.
  2. SurelyAwesome

SurelyAwesome

These are great. I love the comic! It's hilarious!
  3. zanuryx

zanuryx

Wow, you are pretty good. I love the topic name.
  4. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the Smogon Tour Season 16 Championis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

the joltik comic made me laugh, great stuff!
  5. wekhter

wekhter

Hey guys and gals! Thanks again for your kind words.

@GlassAbsol: You're very welcome to, though I think I may have drawn it too sketchily for it to look good as an avatar. Glad you like it, though.

@Ice-cold Claws: Ah, at the moment I don't think I will because I don't know what color/style the hair is under the cap and right now I'm mostly drawing 'mons. Sorry. :<

@elDino: I'mma get to that soon.

[​IMG]
    Charmander vs. Tepig. (requested by badalcristiano) I think they're both using Fire Spin or something. Ugh I can't draw fire.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Scratchet sprites. I fully intend on animating these BW style in the future, but I'm a little burned out on animating stuff lately. It will happen, though!

That's it for now, as I'm currently working on a pretty massive Eeveelution picture. You can click here to see a WIP of some of the color schemes and the style, although that's not what the picture looks like at all. I'm also working on a few more little 4koma.
  6. VN.

VN. the birds pt. 1
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Nice gallery you have there.
  7. mudkipmaster

mudkipmaster

Fire battle! :O
  8. wekhter

wekhter

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4am, time for bed
  9. Sæglópur

Sæglópur

Ahaha, I love the crazy looking 'mons XD
  10. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Wekhter you are amazing and I want a Purugly if you take requests. A cute one
  11. wekhter

wekhter

[​IMG]

Garchomp. (requested by elDino) Oops, I still don't know how to make Garchomp look cool. At least I'm figuring out gradients! Ha! Ha! Ha!

[​IMG]

Purugly. (requested by RitterCat) Combining "cute" and "Purugly" was a bit trying, I admit, but I think I may have managed it. *v* Sparkle sparkle dechuuu~!! Fun fact: between Gen IV and V, the the curl in Purugly's tail switched directions. Which way did I draw it? Who knows!
  12. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Why are you so good??
    But really your cartoon things are so fun and creative, I love them.
  13. elDino

elDino Deal With It.
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Wow, awesome Wekhter, I love the Garchomp. Maybe when I finally get a graphics tablet, you can teach me how to do such awesome digital art. I love it!!!
  14. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING
    Can I have that urugly at avy size, centred on the head with sparkly eyes?
    thank you in advance.
    ps AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING
  15. Ice-cold Claws

Ice-cold Claws

Wekhter I believe you are an account owned by multiple people. NO SINGLE PERSON CAN DRAW IN SO MANY STYLES
    *Dies from amazement*

...*wakes up*
    If you ever feel like doing my request, well, my avvy's hair is white. Or you can make it the same color as the sweater (is it dark blue or purple?).

Cheers~:toast:
  16. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

I am all for seconding ICC's theory. If you are doing requests and I haven't already asked one and suffered amnesia, could I please purloin a pic of Altaria, Lilligant and Tynamo???? Make that Purrloin. Thanks (even if you don't, you're amazing!) ^_^
  17. Clawed Nyasu

Clawed Nyasu

These arts are awesome. =D I love the animated sprites, and seeing your Tomohawk left me archive binging on CAP threads (I didn't know they'd even STARTED CAP1. Shows how in-touch I am.) Also the skeletons are massively cool (I'm particularly fond of making Pokemon skeletons.)
  18. Fishy

Fishy

bwah, first time stumbling upon this thread and it's fantastic! i love your different styles, greatgreatgreat
  19. wekhter

wekhter

Hey guys, haven't been around in a bit because I was a bit sick for a while. Replies time!

@Nastyjungle: no u

@RitterCat: [​IMG]

@ICC: Naw, it's just me, haha. And I'll try, but no promises. :>

@LevitatingLamprey: I honestly have no idea what you're asking for. A Purrloin stealing a pic of the other three??? Or are you just making a Poképun that's going over my head??? Ahhh I'm stupid

@everyone else: thank you!

Anyway,

[​IMG]

Pokémon HeartGold. I intended on doing an illustration of my favorite feature in HGSS (walking with your Pokémon!) and somehow subliminally made the color palette gold and drew hearts on it. Anyway, this is me & TYPOGRAPHY, out for a stroll. Whee! I'm having too much fun with gradients, to be honest.

Right now I'm drawing some comics, so you guys can expect to see them... sometime.
  20. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

Oh, I was making an awful Pokepun. Purrloin=purloin=steal something. Basically, could I please ask you to draw a picture of those three? I just thought it would look amazing in your style! ~<3 As does the HeartGold picture (I wish they'd kept walking with Pokemon, imagine walking around with a Ferroseed!) Sorry to hear you were sick! Thanks ^_^
  21. wekhter

wekhter

Some quick pictures while I learn how to draw some Pokemon:

[​IMG]

Hoothoot. Hoothoot, everywhere! Nothing but Hoothoot! Or at least, that's how it feels every night. Man I seriously love all of the colors in Flash's default palette, I really oughta wean myself off of them but they look so nice...

[​IMG]

Chimchar. I don't like Chimchar.

[​IMG]

Stick. Ok, I know it's Farfetch'd's hold item and therefore a leek, but the point is it was a letdown.
  22. TEA_DEMON

TEA_DEMON

oh man that tepig+charmander pic looks like they're about to jump into bed together.

good art man, and you should do more comics because they are good.
  23. TsukasaSIGN

TsukasaSIGN

I can't believe I have never seen this thread before! I absolutely adore that typhlosion!
  24. ocarina of rhyme

ocarina of rhyme

On a scale of one to ten, your art is fucking sick.
  25. Xav

Xav

I don't know whether that is technically within the scale but w/e.

Anyway Jolteon is my favourite too, would you mind if I used this as my avy?
    [​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)