Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Skill Swap

See, all you have to do it use Skill Swap as it goes for Sucker Punch. Now you can kill it with a double Focus Blast and live it's single Sucker Punch with your Focus Sash. So please, don't ban this thing. Everyone should just use this.

gg no re
OMG! in theory this would be decent for revenge Purposes. great revenge killer but its a flimsy check. Sarcasm or no, that mistake has been made far too much in here.

Your statistics may be correct but the thing is that rotom can live an unboosted return and cripple it with wilo-wisp. Trevenant can also live any unboosted attack and cripple it with wilo wisp. Gliscor can live pretty decently and can heal up with poison heal and try and toxic stall it. The fact that it can live an cripple it is significant.

You know all those MKhan checks and counters you listed can also do well in his absence.
Rotom and Gliscor get set up on as they switch in and Die. Trevenant takes a crunch on easiest switch to predict ever...

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Trevenant: 219-258 (58.5 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

then dies. with a max def set.

the mention "Counters" don't really work. be it for mega mom countering or just general use. and checks just force it out until Khan is in a favourable position to take it on, which isn't hard.

Galvantula with Gastro Acid, Jumpluff with Worry Seed, and Alakazam with Skill Swap. Also, those with Entrainment that can outspeed Mega Kang are Durant, Dedenne, Pyroar, and Hawlucha.
And then you remember that your opponent can also switch out his/her Mega Kangaskhan and that Alakazam's Defense is useless to stop Crunch.

Oh

My

GOD
This thing is even immune to F.E.A.R! How can we beat something that doesn't know F.E.A.R!?

But no, seriously. This topic has devolved into bad jokes, tired and faulty logic, and I'm pretty sure nobody read the first post anymore. I'm pretty sure nobody is reading half the current posts. Close this topic. All that CAN be said has been said.

was it already pointed that Parental Bond is a better Serene grace ? Crunch not only have 40% to reduce Def, but a 20% to reduce Def twice. 60% to rock slide flinch, Bulldoze will reduce -2 Speed, 20% to burn/paralyze/freeze with the elemental punchs and the list continues.
This is true, and can severely cripple any Pokemon that come in with a status condition or -2 Defense, but there are still so many ways to check this Pokemon.

Her damage is too crazy specially by how bulky she is and the fact that she has a good movepool to deal with lots of treats BTW on the simulator it says she learns knock off it's a mistake..
quickban.. I don't see her staying in OU.. next one will be mega lucario and then I think OU will live.

You can't switch when she does over 50% to anything with the right move and isn't even choice locked.. and those that do survive ONE hit are mostly slow pokemons that are 2HKOed.. so no.. you CANT SWITCH!
subtitute lol? ghosts? crunch? scrappy? no she has few to no counters..
There is one ghost that can Check M-Kanga, and that's Aegislash. Here's my set for my Aegislash. +252Atk/+252Def/+4HP Moves: Iron Head/ Swords Dance/ Sacred Sword/ King's Shield. It's one of the best revenge killers and a major check to M-Kanga.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one ghost that can Check M-Kanga, and that's Aegislash. Here's my set for my Aegislash. +252Atk/+252Def/+4HP Moves: Iron Head/ Swords Dance/ Sacred Sword/ King's Shield. It's one of the best revenge killers and a major check to M-Kanga.
Fucking lol I lost it xD. Please this thread is not a place for trolling.

I made a 4 fun team full of Mega Khan "Checks" XD.

Max Def/Max Speed Entrainment Pickup Dedenne takes the cake as most hilarious "check" lol. One dude didn't have a cleric on his team so I just nuzzled all his pokes and swept with choice band escavalier. He brings out Mega Khan so I switch to Mega Kazaam after Escavalier dies. I snag the parental bond and parahax kick in which allows me to kill khan with double focus blasts.

All hail the gimmicks! All hail the gimmicks!

Keep Khan in OU *dies of laughter*

I would like to point out that Chesnaught can technically use Spiky Shield to score an additional turn of Leftovers recovery and deal some auxiliary damage, although I'm pretty sure this doesn't let it beat Mega Kang anyway.

alright guys here's my counter

Shuckle @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/4 Attack
Impish
-Toxic
-Protect
-Rest
-Rollout

100% takes out Mega Kanga too pro

I voted to wait until the meta settles out a bit more. Kangaskhan is a hard pokemon to counter, but it's still not much of a pain in my rear compared to pokemon such as Talonflame, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Mega-Houndoom, and a few others.

I voted to wait until the meta settles out a bit more. Kangaskhan is a hard pokemon to counter, but it's still not much of a pain in my rear compared to pokemon such as Talonflame, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Mega-Houndoom, and a few others.
What people do you fight at what ACRE?

Whirlwind can get rid of the boosted attacks from power up punch.
Holy shit... Whilrwind doesn't DO anything, though, and the pokemon that Whirlwinds gets SMACKED! This has been covered so much now! Losing a +2 doesn't MATTER to Kanga since it is so god damn easy to get it back! Did you even read anything in this thread?

Your statistics may be correct but the thing is that rotom can live an unboosted return and cripple it with wilo-wisp. Trevenant can also live any unboosted attack and cripple it with wilo wisp. Gliscor can live pretty decently and can heal up with poison heal and try and toxic stall it. The fact that it can live an cripple it is significant.

You know all those MKhan checks and counters you listed can also do well in his absence.
lolnope, all of the Pokemon you mentioned are OHKOed at +2. There is literally nothing in the game that can beat a boosted Kangaskhan and still have enough HP left afterwards to be useful at all. Oh, and it also happens to have some of the easiest setup in the game. Seriously, do the anti-ban people not see ANYTHING wrong with this?

As people have said, Whirlwind does jack all, as Kanga can get to +2 so easy it's scary, we've been over this again and again, Whirlwind just gives Mega Kang free damage. Pokexpert, you're certainly not living up to your username.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The opponent can EASILY switch back in and go for 3 Power-Up Punches for the next 3 turns, or if you have a U-Turn Pokemon, you can not only get the free switch, but also get free damage off on your opponent before M-Kanga comes in and destroys everything. There's also Baton Passing Pokemon. They can easily set up their stat boosts and then B-Pass into M-Kanga and M-Kanga will keep any stat changes, and sweep an entire team.

Most kangaskhan I fought usually have Power UP Punch, E-Quake, Return/Fake Out, Sucker Punch and who can learn Will-O-Wisp and switch into those move. Gengar. Well you could replace Sucker Punch with Crunch but you are loosing priority. If you switch in safetly Sub, Disable, Could get rid of crunch, but parental bond breaks sub bad, only this is that the 2nd does 50%, but Gengar has terrible defense, so I'm not sure on that. Let's say it does have the sucker punch set, Mostly everybody would go for sucker punch giving Gengar a turn to Mean Look, then next turn will O wisp, if you have skill swap you could go for that, and Gengar having Skill Swap isn't predictable, so your opponent go for earthquake that turn is very unlikely. If this does happen then there is nothing Kangaskhan can do(focus sash would help the turn you attack). However this stratagy only works on this certain set for Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan with crunch won't be affected by this(maybe sash skill swap gengar could work, but they could switch out).

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
rank 1,600.
I hope this is PO 1600 because PS 1600 only takes like 2 wins.

Most kangaskhan I fought usually have Power UP Punch, E-Quake, Return/Fake Out, Sucker Punch and who can learn Will-O-Wisp and switch into those move. Gengar. Well you could replace Sucker Punch with Crunch but you are loosing priority. If you switch in safetly Sub, Disable, Could get rid of crunch, but parental bond breaks sub bad, only this is that the 2nd does 50%, but Gengar has terrible defense, so I'm not sure on that. Let's say it does have the sucker punch set, Mostly everybody would go for sucker punch giving Gengar a turn to Mean Look, then next turn will O wisp, if you have skill swap you could go for that, and Gengar having Skill Swap isn't predictable, so your opponent go for earthquake that turn is very unlikely. If this does happen then there is nothing Kangaskhan can do(focus sash would help the turn you attack). However this stratagy only works on this certain set for Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan with crunch won't be affected by this(maybe sash skill swap gengar could work, but they could switch out).
Not only you didn't read the thread, you also play against most likely bad Mega Kanga users(Fake Out is pretty bad for Mega Kanga out of doubles) and have a poor understanding of how her set works. You don't swap Sucker Punch for Crunch, you use Crunch instead of Earthquake which is honestly only hitting Heatran(and lol mighty Carbink) for lethal damage. Not even bothering with the gimmick "counter" or whatever Gengar.

Last edited:
However this stratagy only works on this certain set for Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan with crunch won't be affected by this).
That's the point. It only works on certain sets. Mega-Kangaskhan is so versatile, you have to risk losing a 'mon in order to just try to check it, usually only to find out that it carries some sort of coverage to screw you over. That's why people want to ban it. Not because it's uncounterable, but because what counters it is entirely up to what it may be running.

Rocky Helmet Garchomp? Ice Beam.
Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn? Fire Blast.
Status users? Five other Pokemon for support (and the odd Facade user).
Revenge killing, maybe with priority? Sucker Punch.
Aegislash? Earthquake.
Gengar? Crunch.

Not to mention the elemental punches, Seismic Toss, Wish, and even Shadow Claw (I've seen it once or twice)

That's why people are calling for a ban.

I dont know if anyone posted this in the 40 pages I couldn't bear to sit through but here are the official stats on checks and counters for M-Kang's Checks and Counters for the month of November
| Checks and Counters |
| Gourgeist-Super 70.123 (73.23±0.78) | | (10.5% KOed / 62.7% switched out)|
| Gourgeist-Large 65.500 (78.30±3.20) | | (11.5% KOed / 66.8% switched out)|
| Trevenant 64.718 (66.30±0.40) | | (11.3% KOed / 55.0% switched out)|
| Sableye 62.857 (65.67±0.70) | | (11.9% KOed / 53.7% switched out)|
| Lucario 61.760 (63.73±0.49) | | (45.5% KOed / 18.2% switched out)|
| Gourgeist-Small 60.906 (69.94±2.26) | | (11.1% KOed / 58.9% switched out)|
| Conkeldurr 57.516 (61.30±0.95) | | (33.6% KOed / 27.7% switched out)|
| Chesnaught 56.178 (60.07±0.97) | | (27.2% KOed / 32.9% switched out)|
| Breloom 55.130 (57.39±0.57) | | (29.5% KOed / 27.9% switched out)|
| Skarmory 53.261 (55.72±0.62) | | (16.1% KOed / 39.6% switched out)|
| Hawlucha 53.048 (58.16±1.28) | | (34.9% KOed / 23.3% switched out)|

Notice that no pokemon has over a 50% KO on this thing and very few pokemon can even force this thing to switch out.
This basically confirms all our suspicions about the Khan its ability to steamroll the entire meta-game except for Sableye who just forces it to switch... sometimes. (I wouldn't put too much hope in Luc stats because hes probably just showing up because he can competently revenge kill the Khan)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
That's the point. It only works on certain sets. Mega-Kangaskhan is so versatile, you have to risk losing a 'mon in order to just try to check it, usually only to find out that it carries some sort of coverage to screw you over. That's why people want to ban it. Not because it's uncounterable, but because what counters it is entirely up to what it may be running.

Rocky Helmet Garchomp? Ice Beam.
Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn? Fire Blast.
Status users? Five other Pokemon for support (and the odd Facade user).
Revenge killing, maybe with priority? Sucker Punch.
Aegislash? Earthquake.
Gengar? Crunch.

Not to mention the elemental punches, Seismic Toss, Wish, and even Shadow Claw (I've seen it once or twice)

That's why people are calling for a ban.
I don't think people are calling for a ban because Chomp can get hit with an Ice Beam lmfao

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You're missing the forest for the Trevenants, man. The point is that Mega-Kangaskhan can carry moves to counter any of its would-be checks or counters.
The point should be that you KNOW what Mega Kangaskhan is going to run almost every single time (PuP / sucker punch / return / fire punch or crunch or eq), yet there is very little you can do to stop it. It just ploughs through would be counters without having to run gimmicks like Ice Beam, and practically forces teams to carry Rocky Helmet users or Sableye.

As I've stated in one of my previous posts: Aegislash is one of M-Kanga's checks, because of high Physical Attack. Also, Aegislash can King's Shield and get -2 shaved off of a +6 M-Kanga. Not to mention, Fighting Type Pokemon such as Technician Breloom and Bulletproof Chesnaught can potentially 2 shot M-Kanga. But again, there's still M-Kanga's Huge movepool, and High Attack, not to mention Parental Bond. So, overall, I do think that this should stay in OU.

Rocky Helmet Garchomp isn't any problem to any kangaskhan:

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 279-330 (66.4 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ans that's without the boost or any residual entry hazard damage, imagine if you switch into a Power-Up Punch, and next turn MK are simply Returned, Rocky Helmet Garchomp is either forced to have no Spe EVs or no Atk EVs, so you either aren't OHKO-ing after Rocky Helmet hitting 4 times, or not out speeding at all

4 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 109-129 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- 62% chance to 3HKO

That's assuming Kangakshan isn't 252 HP ofc. Do I even need to continue? This thing is making the metagame not very fun, it is way too centralizing the meta game (Rocky Helmet Speed Boost Scoliepede? Really?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)