1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Krillowatt's Prevo Poll

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by tennisace, Oct 13, 2011.

?

Which design?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2011.
  1. Pilcowatt

15.5%
  2. Protowatt

44.7%
  3. Attowatt

39.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

So, we have a small dilemma. We never actually chose a prevo design for Krillowatt, and now there are three separate designs for one. So, this is just going to be a simple click poll. Vote for which design you like best.

Plicowatt
    [​IMG]

Protowatt
    [​IMG]

Attowatt
    [​IMG]

Note: do not discuss changing the name. That will be a second poll after we choose the sprite. The names are just for disambiguation purposes.
  2. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Can we have a "no pre-evo" option please

Krillowatt never struck me as the sort of design that would naturally have a pre-evolution, and we aren't exactly obliged to invent pre-evos for every one.

EDIT: Unless it has already been decided beforehand. If so, I vote for the spindly one.
  3. tennisace

is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

I'm making the executive decision that there will be a prevo.
  4. Spork

Spork

Gotta love that Protowatt.
  5. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

Hmmmm....

Well first off, I'm not a fan of Protowatt (sorry). Seems a little too tiny to actually be a real Pokemon. Toss-up between the other two, but I ended up going with Atowatt.
  6. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

I like Plicowatt the most (Proto a close second), but its current sprite doesn't really fit the Gen 5 Style, facing the middle with a sort of, ah, darker color scheme. Still voted for it though.
  7. Molk

Molk tfw zoroark
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Leader

Actually i dont see why you cant give it two preevo's is it just me or does protowatt look like it would evolve into attowat? it just seems to flow when i look at them. i wish i could vote for that, is that possible?
  8. tennisace

Twitter Head

No.

Edit: you're just voting for the general design. The winning sprite will be fixed eventually.
  9. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Thank you.

I'd make a better sprite if I had the time, but honestly what's done is done.

Voted for my own creation, although if I had to pick from the other two (I freely admit that I can't scratch sprite) I'd probably choose Attowatt (it looks more like a shrimp larva than Protowatt, and I could see Attowatt as having the same stat spread as Plicowatt. Additionally, while I like the visual popcorn shrimp pun, it kind of just looks a little goofy-and seeing as I actually like Trubbish's design, that says something.)
  10. Albinoloon

Albinoloon

wait why is pilcowatt linked to my post?

Anyways, between these concepts, I favor Prorowatt.

Why?

It shows a humorous resemblenece to its humorous (at least I think so) evolution. I love the cute design which flows with the coloring as well as the anatomical refrence.(who can't love that tasty popcorn shrimp?)

Why not the others?

Pilcowatt is quite confusing, anatomically and quite hard to grasp.(I've tried to resprite it tons and I could not find a pose that made it possible to portray)

Attowatt is a great design, but it just doesn't fit its evolution. It looks more like a fish than a shrimp, personally.

As tennisace stated above, this is a design poll, not a sprite poll. I believe that Protowatt is a malleable concept and can be easily incorpirated into a sprite without jeporadizing its anatomy.

This is just my opinion, take it as you may.
  11. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

Oh this is up. Anway, onto the rate.

Pilcowatt is pretty good. I like how he is bigger then the others and is more easy on the eye.

Protowatt is far too small for my taste, however, this is just my opnion.

Attowatt is also good, but I still like Plicowatt more.

As said above, I voted Pilcowatt.

EDIT: Dang, everyone start voting pilcowatt.
  12. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

Protowatt got my vote for multiple reasons:

1) Popcorn shrimp pun was basically incredible.

2) Looks like it could evolve into Krill. It's probably just me but the others look more like their own thing than a pre-evo.

3) It's just so dang cute.
  13. jas61292

jas61292 used substitute
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Each of them have elements that I really like, but I can't really say one looks much better than the others, especially when it comes to looking like it would evolve into Krill. However, I don't think Plico's style fits as well, and Proto is a little too small for my taste. While I kinda wish it had the antena like the others, overall I would have to say Attowatt is my favorite.
  14. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Y U NO LOVE PLICOWATT 9.9
  15. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

I do texas, I do!
  16. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

pilcowatt looks like the rejected first draft for stunfisk, and that's saying something
  17. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Ouch, haha. Actually, it does resemble Stunfisk a lot.
  18. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Protowatt is clearly the most amazingly adorable prevo to have been invented :3

Attowatt looks too, idk, awkward to me
  19. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

...dammit.

meh, I liked Stunfisk so whatever. Vote Attowatt or Plicowatt.
  20. Ezio

Ezio .
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Come on let's get some more Proto-cute support. :)
  21. ToastTyrant13

ToastTyrant13

My main problem with Plicowat is that it has very little resemblance at all to Krillowat. Design, shape, coloring, etc. Attowat, on the other hand, looks much more like Krill, but could still be highly improved upon as a design. :c

Protowat ni tōhyō! :3​
  22. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Original design:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  23. Kyuzeth

Kyuzeth

I voted for my Attowatt.

I'm not trying to promote myself, but to me, Protowatt looks too small, I also don't get the pun. Finally, I also like Plicowatt, but I've tried a lot of things for Atto.

There you go.
  24. the dead mans oddysey

the dead mans oddysey

i voted for protowatt.
    it just seems more natural than pilcowatt, and it suits the final evo great. but attowatt is a close second.
  25. Bird

Bird

Protowatt 'cause it is cute and even though completely irrelevant; would be the most thrilling to see evolving into kril. Attowatt is nice too, but lacks a bit of simplistic charm we love things like Jigglypuff for IMO.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)