1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Little Cup's New and "Creative" Moveset Thread - Mark 1

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Namso, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

Er, Head Smash and Earthquake?
  2. Banryu

Banryu

I dunno, there could always be like Protect to keep the Focus Sash from breaking on Fake Out users or something. :0 In fact... there probably should be on that set just in case.
  3. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

The coverage is more important, imo, especially as Aron beats most Fake Out users. The problem is that Aron is so slow that it loses to almost everything else Sashed.
  4. Dracoyoshi8

Dracoyoshi8 weapon of mass seduction
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Chikorita does not get Role Play. Role Play was mixed up with Magic Coat on Shoddy and some Pokemon websites. As such, Chikorita does not get Role Play, but instead gets Magic Coat. Please don't use Role Play Chikorita on the ladder.

Chikorita has lost its niche.
  5. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

awww.... that was a good set...
  6. Donny Mae.

Donny Mae.

Azurill @ Choice Band
    Adamant nature
    196 hp/196 atk/52 def/52 spec D
    Ability: HUGE POWER!
    Moves
    ~Body Slam/Return
    ~Iron Tail
    ~Blizzard
    ~Knock off/ Protect

With a massive attack stat of 36 with a choice band and huge power, Little can stand up to Azurill's insane STAB'd returns. Blizzard allows it to take on Gligar, wheras Iron tail can hit ghosts.
  7. Dubulous

Dubulous I look just like Buddy Holly.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Why not use Waterfall?

I can't see that set working very well. Azurill has terrible speed (one of the worst in the metagame) and it doesn't take hits very well at all. For this set to "work," you'd have to lead with it, which opens you up to being set up on by something that resists whatever move you use first (Gastly/Drifloon if you use Return, just about anything if you use Iron Tail). You could also try to revenge-kill with it, but to be honest most Pokemon that are OHKO'd by anything on this set can OHKO (or come close) with whatever their most powerful move is before Azurill gets a hit in.

If you're using this with Trick Room, that's another story. But you should still be running Waterfall over Blizzard, and something else (Superpower?) over Knock Off.

Please test sets that you've come up with before posting them in here.
  8. Donny Mae.

Donny Mae.

1) Because Azurill doesn't learn waterfall, nor is it water-type. Azurill has one of the worst movepools EVER, so doesn't have many options.
    2) I use it with Paralysis support.

3) I have tested it before.
  9. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

10. StealthX

StealthX

Yes, smogon's strategy Dex says it gets Waterfall. And why would you use Iron Tail and Blizzard (unless you have a Snover on your team)?

How useful would Aqua Jet be on it? Yeah, it's a unstabed 40 Base power move, but it's the only priority move (iirc) it gets.
  11. Donny Mae.

Donny Mae.

Oh, yeah, Just realised, Sorry about that. >.< Forget what I said... The whole set is null because I didn't see such options.. :L
  12. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Azurill does not get Aqua Jet. It does get Waterfall. Please check what you are doing before you post it here.
  13. StealthX

StealthX

Sorry, I guess the Dex is messed up; It had said it could get it.
  14. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Maybe it does, but it can't get it via Marill?
  15. Trent

Trent

Baby Marill can get Aqua Jet, baby Azurill cannot. This is usually the case with most "Incense" baby Pokemon.
  16. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

17. Trent

Trent

I've checked on Bulbapedia and Serebii and there is no Aqua Jet in sight.

If those sources are incorrect and Azurill can indeed learn Aqua Jet, how does it learn it?
  18. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Smogon's move database for Azurill is wrong. Only admins with the ability to edit the move database can change it.
  19. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

[​IMG]
    Moveset Name: Bulky DDDratini
    Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    Waterfall
    Extremespeed
    @ Oran Berry
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Nature: Careful
    108 HP/84 Atk/76 Def//36 SpD/196 Spe

It may not be the most efficient spread, but it's the idea that counts.

Anyway, this is Bulky Dragon Dance Dratini.

"Why would I use this over regular Life Orb 252/252 (or whatever the equivalent is) DDDratini?"

Well, with this spread, it lives stuff like Mantyke/Chinchou non-LO Ice Beam. And Stunky Crunch/Sucker Punch. (Although there's probably a better one.) The point of the set is that two DDs is better than one, and this set tries live long enough to set up multiple DDs and not die to LO recoil (which was the #2 way I died, right next to Outrage confusion), to boot.

Bronzor and Magnemite can live multiple Outrages (surprise). I'm pretty sure Max Attack Gligar OHKOes with Earthquake. Snover only does 63.6% - 90.9% with a Life Orbed Adamant Max Attack Ice Shard, so woo!

A better EV spread would be welcome.

Now, kick get this forum back into shape! Hopefully this post will be the gateway from which a thousand smoking hot angels pour forth into the world, therefore making everyone feel compel[l]ed to...yeah.
  20. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Have sex with smoking hot angels? That seems to be what you're implying...

As for the spread, it doesn't look like it has many issues, although that 76 ev defense point looks like it'd be better off in hp or SpD if it fits. Also, maybe try moving a point in attack to hp or a defense, as it makes it easier to get that 2nd DD. Not saying it's better, as espeed becomes a lot weaker and I'm not sure how often Dratini isn't 2hkoed through Oran... again, just stuff to consider. Nails out.
  21. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

I'll work out an optimal EV spread at some point but that set looks REALLY good. My only problem with Dratini has always been that it is frail and hard to set up, but bulk + Oran remedies that issue.
  22. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

The 84 evs in attack are there so Dratini always KOes Agility Sweeper Mantyke at +1 with Outrage. It also does 72.7% - 86.4% as is, which is a decent chance to KO with Stealth Rock.
  23. Cool Story Slowbro

Cool Story Slowbro

I don't know if this is exactly original but it has not been posted in the LC analysis, plus I don't see it around too often, but it is so effective o:

Moveset Name: FMLast Resort
    Protect
    Last Resort
    ---
    ---
    @ Life Orb
    Ability: Adaptability
    Nature: Adamant / Jolly
    240 Atk / 236 Spe

Seems simple enough. Protect to scout for the oppenents move to see if staying in is any safe, plus it activates use of Last Resort. Then unleash a STAB'd, boosted by Adaptability, Life Orb inflicted whopping amount of damage. I'll run some calcs now just to show how much of a beast this thing really is c:
  24. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Assuming that's a set for eevee? If so, it suffers from what I'm going to call Eevee syndrome; absolutely horrible coverage. You offer a free switch in for gastly, the most common pokemon in the tier with literally nothing to damage it. Giving Gastly a free sub is incredibly dangerous, it means something on your team will die. Additionally, life orb last resort is barely more powerful than banded return (338 vs 306 power), and you have to protect every time you switch in to use it, giving time for free setup by the other person. I hate to be mean, but please test your sets before posting, as I can't see that set accomplishing any more than Choice Band Eevee accomplishes.
  25. Cool Story Slowbro

Cool Story Slowbro

I see your concerns but I thoroughly tested this, as I use it on my only LC team which consists of Munchlax who can get rid of any Ghost related issues. The thing about the set is, you're banded. Meaning either way Ghosts can easily use you as set up bait for a substitute like you mentioned before. So either way you'd accomplish nothing no matter what. But used as a late game sweeper it can be highly effective as it can scout for reliable switches or deal with the Pokémon itself.

I will never have it go against something it couldn't possibly deal with, that's why I have other Pokémon.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)