Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure the pokemon holding the Dive Balls are in the PC of the game you're importing from. At the beginning of the game it says "Migrate from [game]", and it will prompt you to choose the 6 pokemon you want to import. Then your D/P game will start as normal. Just go the the Pal Park ingame and talk to the guy at the counter.

Then you have yourself a wild excursion where you've got to find your pokemon. Here's a guide to where you can find them in the different sections of the park.
Awesome, thanks for the info! *proceeds to transferring*

Board's been dead recently... Guess I'll bump it up with my current exploits.

I'm currently undergoing what I've decided is one of Pokemon's seven levels of hell: chaining for Shiny Chanseys. I started last night, managed to get up to 25 this morning, then my chain broke... 66 Super Repels gone in the process as well. I did manage to catch two Calm Chansey's though, one with Serene Grace and the other with Natural Calm, but both took two Dusk Balls to catch at 1 HP... I don't want to think what it'll take for Nest Balls or whatever I decide to use for shiny ones...

Alright, a question for all you experts. The chance of getting a shiny patch after you reach 40... Is it exactly the same amount for each Pokemon, or does it differ? Because I've used about 50 Super Repels since getting to 40 Chansey, but haven't found a single shiny patch yet...

Alright, a question for all you experts. The chance of getting a shiny patch after you reach 40... Is it exactly the same amount for each Pokemon, or does it differ? Because I've used about 50 Super Repels since getting to 40 Chansey, but haven't found a single shiny patch yet...
Magic - The word on the web (including some pretty impressive math work), and reinforced by "experts" actual experience, is the probability of a shiny appearing once your chain has reached 40 is exactly the same for all Pokes.

So, for your current case, remember you're talking about "the chance" - in other words probability and a definition of probability is: the likelihood of occurrence of random events in order to predict the behavior of defined systems. Notice that important word "random".

I've had the next shiny (after reaching 40+ in my chain) take over 100 Max Repels to appear; and, at the other end of the scale, I've had a shiny patch appear directly the next thing after capturing a shiny without having to reset the radar at all.

So what does this all mean? I believe, among other things, this is the reason the "experts" emphasize patience while chaining.

Ugh, I've been having some really bad luck chaining Chansey then... My chain broke after the first Shiny Chansey, so I got it up to 41 (forgot to keep track >_> ) and tried again... First Shiny Chansey came after ~70 Super Repels, and almost 100 more Super Repels later, I've yet to find another shiny patch... >_<

I chained Dittos yesterday and I found 11 shinies. Some of them were good, a few had a 31 iv in a stat and I got a good natured one (timid). I broke my chain on purpose when I reached 50 since I was tired of chaining them -.-

Oh, great, I made it into someone's sig. ^

=P

The Rhydons didn't work out. Chaining in the sandstorm (or whatever it was) wasn't too much of a problem, but I just couldn't get my chains high enough.

Better luck on my next shiny, I suppose.

Ugh, I've been having some really bad luck chaining Chansey then... My chain broke after the first Shiny Chansey, so I got it up to 41 (forgot to keep track >_> ) and tried again... First Shiny Chansey came after ~70 Super Repels, and almost 100 more Super Repels later, I've yet to find another shiny patch... >_<
Good luck! Too bad that Blissey's shiny sprite is almost identical to its normal version. Well, at least Chansey had a nice change of colour I suppose.

Oh, great, I made it into someone's sig. ^

=P

The Rhydons didn't work out. Chaining in the sandstorm (or whatever it was) wasn't too much of a problem, but I just couldn't get my chains high enough.

Better luck on my next shiny, I suppose.
Those are on Stark Mountain, right? I think it's supposed to be ash, kinda like from that town in R/S... Or if you're a Shannara fan, "vog". :P

Good luck! Too bad that Blissey's shiny sprite is almost identical to its normal version. Well, at least Chansey had a nice change of colour I suppose.
It's funny, after both of my posts complaining about Chansey's elusiveness, I managed to find a shiny patch within three or four Super Repels... O.o My chaining's going better now, but if my luck turns sour again, maybe I'll test if another bout of whining will help... :P

Whoa! This thing really works! I was chaining Machop (because they are sexy beasts) and it took me a chain of 21 to find a GREAT Shiny Machop. It's now a Machamp because I couldn't wait to show it off in battle. Well, here it is!

Adamant
1/26/15/28/13/16

Yes of course it's gonna Choice Scarf. But the best part is I can try out my Specschamp with this guy =D

Alright, so after somewhere between 550 and 600 Super Repels (my poor wallet... looks like I'll be beating the crap out of a pair of geezers for a while), I managed to catch a total of 16 Shiny Chansey. I would've had one more, but the stupid thing woke up the turn my Parasect used False Swipe and used Double Slap, getting Poisoned from Effect Spore... >_<

I have too many to IV check manually right now, and I don't have an AR nor WiFi access, so I can't post what IVs I've gotten, but it seems like I have a few Calm ones with nice IVs. Of course, all of them also have Serene Grace...

Anyone have any suggestions for what to chain once I'm done massacreing a coupl'a old hags?

Surely parasect is a bad false-swiper for just that reason? :D

Been having terrible luck with Eevee chain's, after being inspired by Diesels chain.
On 4 occasions has it got up to 35~ and broke on perfect patches.
However, I got one shiny at a chain of 7, which is better than nothing I suppose. Havn't checked IV's/Nature yet.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, so after somewhere between 550 and 600 Super Repels (my poor wallet... looks like I'll be beating the crap out of a pair of geezers for a while), I managed to catch a total of 16 Shiny Chansey. I would've had one more, but the stupid thing woke up the turn my Parasect used False Swipe and used Double Slap, getting Poisoned from Effect Spore... >_<

I have too many to EV check manually right now, and I don't have an AR nor WiFi access, so I can't post what EVs I've gotten, but it seems like I have a few Calm ones with nice EVs. Of course, all of them also have Serene Grace...

Anyone have any suggestions for what to chain once I'm done massacreing a coupl'a old hags?
I assume you mean IVs, not EVs . . .

Better train a Breloom then ;) (With Poison Heal, obviously). Or another Parasect, this time with Dry Skin.

Nice job on the Chanseys though :)

Better train a Breloom then ;) (With Poison Heal, obviously). Or another Parasect, this time with Dry Skin.

Nice job on the Chanseys though :)
I probably would've, but both my Parasect and Shroomish were male, and I haven't gone Ditto hunting yet... >_> Stupid Paras is so hard to catch...

I'm in the process of chaining some Calm Kecleons as the first 2 I chained were crap.
Good luck with the chaining!

I'm currently chaining Dittos, but it's more for mass-catching than for shinies. Still, if I happen to get any good shiny ones, I'll post back in this thread.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to chain once I'm done with Ditto? There's nothing I really want that much atm... At least, nothing I can get/doesn't need Egg Moves to be any good.

You could do Vulpix if you have Leafgreen, the only egg move it really needs is hypnosis, or you could go for gligar if you have emerald it doesn't need any egg moves. I was thinking of capturing the Kecleons in Dive Balls is that good or is there a better ball?

You could do Vulpix if you have Leafgreen, the only egg move it really needs is hypnosis, or you could go for gligar if you have emerald it doesn't need any egg moves. I was thinking of capturing the Kecleons in Dive Balls is that good or is there a better ball?
I'm not really too interested in Vulpix/Ninetails, really, and I don't have Emerald unfortunately. I have Ruby, Sapphire, and LeafGreen for the GBA games (Pokemon Pinball RS as well, but I don't think that gets you anything :B). Stupid Growlithe had to be a FireRed Pokemon...

As for the type of Pokeball to use, I think Quick Balls look pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)