Pokémon Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
^No. I wouldn't say TOO useful. Ice Punch is mainly for stuff like Dnite, Gliscor and Lando-T, who'll take a heavy hammering from Adaptability CC+Bullet Punch anyways (once MS is broken though, not hard w/ SR support)
Crunch is ABSOLUTELY essential if I want to have any chance of getting past stuff like Aegislash and the Psychic walls.

(assuming mega luke stats & a single SD boost. No item, no rocks, no weather)

See that? That's Mega Lucario doing almost 50% to the Physically Bulkiest Dnite Out there, THROUGH MULTISCALE.
Which is fucking amazing, it's a GUARANTEED OHKO with SR i.e Fucking Crazy.

And 2HKOing Physically Bulky Gyarados and Landorus-T THROUGH INTIMIDATE

And see that Clean 2HKO on a 252/252+ Cresselia and the Slowbro? Yeah. Fuck Ice Punch.

---

My ideal set would be:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified (Adaptability after MEvo)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

----

Last edited:
Losing priority would make Lucario an easy kill for Mach Punch users. Taking an unboosted mach punch, sword dancing and mega-evolving then countering with Bullet punch seems like a common scenario, but Technician Breloom would still OHKO and mixed Infernape would 2HKO. Infernape will also laugh at Bullet Punch. THEN COMES ALONG DAT DAMN AEGISLASH, the perfect Lucario counter.

I think a special or mixed attacker set would be good on Mega, something like:
Modest, 252 Sp A, 252 Speed, 4 HP: Nasty plot, Vacuum Wave, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball

There really isn't any difference between 145 and 140 attack, Vacuum Wave has better coverage than BP and although you lose the Ice type coverage and Jeliicent has it easier, and I'm not sure if this will be enough to stop defensive Aegislash, you won't get the dreaded attack drop from king's sheild. Dragon Pulse to destroy dragons (obviously).

My ideal set would be:

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Defiant (Adaptability after MEvo)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
Defiant..?

May I also ask, why are people taking Bullet Punch over Extreme Speed? Is it only for the extra coverage? (From what I can see, namely for Fairy type)

I get the feeling that the +2 Priority of Extreme Speed should be worth more than that, however, I may be wrong.

Last edited:

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
THEN COMES ALONG DAT DAMN AEGISLASH, the perfect Lucario counter.

v/s

Just performed Calcs for Boosted MegaLuke v/s Estimated stats of Aegislash

MAX/MAX with +ve Def nature, which is highly unlikely, but let's assume the worst anyways.
+2 252+ Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (Shield Stance 60Base HP/150 Base Def Shield Forme Aegislash): 113-133 (34.87 - 41.04%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So much for a 'Perfect Counter'. Definitely easy pickings late game with the ~40% damage output, since this thing has no reliable recovery move and should it choose to revenge with Shadow Sneak would most certainly lose
0 Atk (Blade Stance 150 Base Atk Aegislash) Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario: 84-99 (29.78 - 35.1%) -- 17.24% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk (Blade Stance 150 Base Atk Aegislash) Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario: 248-292 (87.94 - 103.54%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
losing that 150 def is an invitation to get OHKOed by Luke, so your best bet is COMING IN at FULL HEALTH hoping to survive two crunches and Sacred Sword-ing it back.

---

BUT OH FUCK! WAIT. I forgot. STEEL LOST IT'S DARK RESIST THIS GEN That means CRUNCH is SUPEREFFECTIVE v/s Aegislash

+2 252+ Atk Mega Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (Shield Stance 60 Base HP/150 Base Def Shield Forme Aegislash): 226-266 (69.75 - 82.09%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

!!!!

But OK Lets give YOU the benefit of doubt, let's assume Aegislash runs an offensive 252HP/252Atk Adamant build.
252+ Atk (Blade Stance 150 Base Atk Aegislash) Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario: 100-118 (35.46 - 41.84%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
which is still pointless in the first place because
+2 252+ Atk Lucario Crunch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def (Shield Stance 60Base HP/150 Base Def Shield Forme Aegislash): 292-344 (90.12 - 106.17%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO (Guaranteed after SR)
Perfect Counter my Ass.

Last edited:
This is why 6th gen Lucario need crunch. Although you are using adamant, while it will definitely be using jolly

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Jolly definitely works, loses some vital OHKOes though, gets almost all 2HKOes regardless.

If you all are worried about Aegislash, why not just run Earthquake?

Crunch would mean an Aegislash's King Shield would decrease your attack. EQ also you to hit other pokemon heavy too, such as Tentacruels, Dragalge, MegaMawile

The thing to note about Aegislash is that it WILL use King's Shield and Mega Lucario will end up losing 2 attack.
Unless you outpredict, pull another SD, and then procede to ABSOLUTELY WREAK THE TIER WITH +4 ADAPTABILITY BULLET PUNCH with the only things avoiding a 2HKO losing to something else.

Mega Luke is Gen4's Heracross with speed: You can OHKO everything if you know what you're doing, and you only need three moves to do it.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
The thing to note about Aegislash is that it WILL use King's Shield and Mega Lucario will end up losing 2 attack.
Mindgame at best. Since it's doing nothing back w/ Shadow Sneak. So basically a 50/50 b/w King's shield and Sacred Sword, and since it cannot use it twice if it gets it wrong once you're fucked.

As I said, a check at best, and for that too it needs to maintain over 50% health

Earthquake is clearly the superior option if Aegislash is your concern. Who wants to play the mind games when you can just spam a SE non-contact move until it keels over? Earthquake has more raw power anyway.
Dealing with the rest of the tier may not be so easy though.

Vryheid

fudge jelly
Bullet Punch/Crunch/Close Combat is nasty coverage indeed, and is very hard to stop even for dedicated revenge killers thanks to that boost in speed that its Mega form gets. Hyperoffensive teams that can easily outspeed and OHKO Lucario before it ever has a chance to set-up and teams which preemptively cripple it before it even gets out on the field through moves like Sticky Web seem like the best way to deal with the set. Gavantula has the nice advantage of being resistant to both of Lucario's STAB options, so even if Lucario is used as a lead there's no way it can stop a Web from being set up and being potentially crippled by Thunder Wave. If you can manage to slow Lucario down, then practically anything faster with a super effective move can force it out due to even a +2 Bullet Punch simply not being enough to take down most decently bulky offensive threats.

Just wondering if anyone has done the number crunching for Lucario/Mega Lucario vs Talonflame?

It seems like without Extreme Speed, he'd just rip Lucario up.

Just wondering if anyone has done the number crunching for Lucario/Mega Lucario vs Talonflame?

It seems like without Extreme Speed, he'd just rip Lucario up.
Someone did the calcs in the Talonflame thread.
IMO a special attacking set is still viable, since you don't have to worry about king's shield to begin with, spiky shield, gooey, iron barbs, rocky helm and most importantly, getting burned (flame body), as a burn would screw you over, seeing how frail Mega-Lucario is, it's unlikely he will live long enough to sword dance again.

Gotta say this will see the most use of all the megas.

Sure fairies are effective against fighting, but the types fighting is super effective against is worth keeping one around. The steel typing comes with nice resistances and counters the fairies themselves. Priority moves and increased stats......this might be Uber (I hope not).

I know I asked a similar question already, but I'm really hoping to get a little more information here.

I was able to breed a (pretty much) perfect Riolu (31/31/31/X/31/31) today with the Destiny Knot, as such I want to start building a team around him for WiFi battles and GBU Random Battles (Singles 6-3), and maybe even double battles using him as either a Lucario and/or preferrably, Mega Lucario.

I have tried playing with Lucario before in BW/BW2, and just found that he was too squishy, and I never really found good ways to set him up.

I am just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on how to set him up, and what I can do to make full use of him?

Wobbuffet was mentioned by Articanus, but does anyone else have other good options or ideas on how to set him up and/or what are some other pokemon that work well with Lucario?

Last edited:
I know I asked a similar question already, but I'm really hoping to get a little more information here.

I was able to breed a (pretty much) perfect Riolu (31/31/31/X/31/31) today with the Destiny Knot, as such I want to start building a team around him for WiFi battles and GBU Random Battles (Singles 6-3), and maybe even double battles using him as either a Lucario and/or preferrably, Mega Lucario.

I have tried playing with Lucario before in BW/BW2, and just found that he was too squishy, and I never really found good ways to set him up.

I am just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on how to set him up, and what I can do to make full use of him?

Wobbuffet was mentioned by Articanus, but does anyone else have other good options or ideas on how to set him up and/or what are some other pokemon that work well with Lucario?
I've also used Luke a lot in BW2, and I do agree it can be quite hard to set up. As for partners, try using something whose weakness can be taken advantage of by Lucario.
eg. most flying types. Luke resists 2 of their major weaknesses (ice and Rock) so maybe you can use Scarf MoxieMence, have it killed by an Ice/Rock/Dragon attack, then nab a free SD with Luke. Same applies to Psychic types, as Luke is 4x resistant to bug and dark.
Then, Luke makes a great pair with pretty much all the Shadow Tag mons - even Gothietelle, which can trap and remove Luke's counters. You might wanna use MegaGengar but that forces you to use normal Lucario. Or there is Wobbuffet as well.

With Lucarios new found base power and speed, and adaptability, how about pacing up to power up punch? replace swords dance with that so you can power up and attack at the same time?

With Lucarios new found base power and speed, and adaptability, how about pacing up to power up punch? replace swords dance with that so you can power up and attack at the same time?
It might work, but IMO you're better off with SD. Firstly, there's the obvious fact that SD is basically = 2 P-U punches. Secondly, having no way to boost if a Ghost switches in kinda sux. Finally, I dont think Luke is gonna accomplish much by firing off a 80 BP move, you can just SD and steamroll over everything with a +2 CC. Don't be afraid to try it though, this is total theorymon.

Reading some of these sets is getting me excited to train me a good Lucario.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Adaptability: Adamant/ Jolly
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Close Combat
Crunch
swords dance
Bullet Punch

loving this set.

How would I get both bullet punch and crunch in Gen 6? Sorry if asked in wrong thread.

Last edited:
Reading some of these sets is getting me excited to train me a good Lucario.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Adaptability: Adamant/ Jolly
4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Close Combat
Crunch
swords dance
Bullet Punch

loving this set.

How would I get both bullet punch and crunch in Gen 6? Sorry if asked in wrong thread.
How I did it was use Smeargle, copying crunch from flygon and bullet punch from Metang.

How I did it was use Smeargle, copying crunch from flygon and bullet punch from Metang.
This is how I did it.

I myself bred a lot of Riolus with Crunch and Bullet Punch, so if you are looking for slightly easier access to one, send me a PM with your FC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)